Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-05-2008, 01:35 AM   #26
Shellie
Banned

Default Re: Do not vote!!!

Oh man....
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:51 AM   #27
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

too late!! already done.

yes I voted for Obama. lol
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:02 AM   #28
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

wow you guys have a lot of negative things to say, that's not very enlightened of you. we all know 'sheeple' are the majority of the population and they dominate the majority of the votes in elections. independent and green parties get such a minuscule amount of support in comparison to the democratic and republican parties already, if i wrote my choice for president it would be useless, a waste of time effort energy and resources.

of course this whole scenario is assuming that there is no voter fraud.
herbivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:05 AM   #29
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivore View Post
wow you guys have a lot of negative things to say, that's not very enlightened of you. we all know 'sheeple' are the majority of the population and they dominate the majority of the votes in elections. independent and green parties get such a minuscule amount of support in comparison to the democratic and republican parties already, if i wrote my choice for president it would be useless, a waste of time effort energy and resources.

of course this whole scenario is assuming that there is no voter fraud.
Just what I thought, we are dealing with a child here. When you get a few years of wisdom on you, c'mon back eh son?
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:14 AM   #30
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

There are no sheeples, simply differing states of awareness. You are all, love all. It's okay if you voted or not.

Last edited by MargueriteBee; 11-05-2008 at 02:23 AM.
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:40 AM   #31
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

If you vote 3rd party you take away the McCain vote and usher in the biggest baby killer the earth has known. Ron Paul will be the first to tell you not to do that.

Ignorance is no excuse to not shed your light.
Kelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:50 AM   #32
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I think the anti-Obama people are the REAL sheeple here ,since they allow FEAR to dictate everything they say about the man.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:00 AM   #33
PodWORLD
Avalon Senior Member

Take it down a thousand.

On Fox News they're winding up Brit Hume who is covering his last prez election by passing segments to him unexpectadly which I'm finding rather human. Sean Hannity is on milk cartons at this point.

Whether a dem or rep wins we'll all be here tomorrow and we'll all be trying to create a better tomorrow I hope because guess what - it is possible.
PodWORLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:01 AM   #34
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

excuse me Kahunamahalo, maybe instead of condescendingly calling me a child you could debate my point?

the term "sheeple" is synonymous with the unawakened souls, that should be obvious.

IMO, if you vote third party you're not putting a dent in anything. let's be real here, voting third party is like voting in a different election. it's all the dem and rep parties.

can someone explain to me the logic behind thinking a vote towards a third party (or any other non dem & rep party for this matter) will cancel the vote of someone else? how exactly does that work? are you saying because i vote Luke Skywalker, some vote somewhere for someone other than Luke disappears? say 500,000,000 vote, half dem and half rep, and my 1 vote goes for Luke and the rebellion. my vote doesn't cancel out anything because it's for a third party and therefore not nearly on the level of the democratic or republican votes.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:02 AM   #35
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivore View Post
excuse me Kahunamahalo, maybe instead of condescendingly calling me a child you could debate my point?

the term "sheeple" is synonymous with the unawakened souls, that should be obvious.

IMO, if you vote third party you're not putting a dent in anything. let's be real here, voting third party is like voting in a different election. it's all the dem and rep parties.

can someone explain to me the logic behind thinking a vote towards a third party (or any other non dem & rep party for this matter) will cancel the vote of someone else? how exactly does that work? are you saying because i vote Luke Skywalker, some vote somewhere for someone other than Luke disappears? say 500,000,000 vote, half dem and half rep, and my 1 vote goes for Luke and the rebellion. my vote doesn't cancel out anything because it's for a third party and therefore not nearly on the level of the democratic or republican votes.
I rest my case.
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:07 AM   #36
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

herb,

Put the pipe down for a moment and rethink what you just said.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:08 AM   #37
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

yes please continue to not answer my question.

what a great 'wise' model you are being, elder.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:11 AM   #38
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelphi View Post
herb,

Put the pipe down for a moment and rethink what you just said.
truth is i'm vegetarian, but of course you'd never think of something like that before you condescend my character.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:18 AM   #39
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Hope you don't mind if I pop in here I'm not from the USA so obviously, I can't say much about the elections because they work very differently from ours.

The only thing I would like to say is to do with this word 'sheeple'. I have to say, I don't much like it because it does seem to be used as an insult.

From what I've seen over the last couple of years, there are insights, predictions, 'truths', and the like which are said with great certainty - and sometimes turn out to be incorrect. There are some people in the know (and/or channellers) who themselves are just passing on information. For every belief there is someone to oppose it or to colour it in a slightly different way. How do we know who is right and who is wrong?

The minute we follow anyone's view we are following something which is 2nd hand. And we are still 'following' someone. By that logic, just about everyone is a 'sheeple'.

Someone on this forum (I forget who) said that it's best not to get hung up on every bit of information that arises, but to let it wash through you, using it as and when - and if - it is needed. I may not have his/her words exactly right, but that's the gist of them. To me, they seem wise words.
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:31 AM   #40
Sir-Chi
Avalon Senior Member

ya ... 2000 election pretty much showed me what was really up. Since then nothing has change but only became worse as far as the whole voting system ... election thing.

In 2004 i wrote in Dennis Kicinich even though i know he wasn't going to win. I felt i couldn't sell myself out ..... so i told my truth.

I feel every time we vote RED/ BLUE you empower that exact thing your looking to get ride of.

Thee puppets are SELECTED not ELECTED ..... we all know this ....

Lets hold vision for an internal shift .... organic ... to only demand truth from here on out .... If Obama puppet begins to do anything except that of which he promissed .... WE THE PEOPLE must not allow no more alterations for the lower energies ... dark minded beings .... for their moment is over NOW!

Ya .... time i wrote someone in and now i'm not voting anymore at all. I live in center city Phila ... i'm in the heart of the election stuff .... its everywhere ......

I'm no long support a dying system which no longer nor every really did support the people.

2 A rIsE in Consciousness
with much,
love, light and laughter
sc
Sir-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 AM   #41
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

Allie, i agree with you 100%.

i realize the word 'sheeple' can be offensive and to my defense, i only used it in order to carry the contexts of which it is normally used into these contexts.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:35 AM   #42
Shellie
Banned

Some food for thought:

I know it is too late for most of us to get up and vote if we weren't planning on it, but I would like to share something I saw ten years ago.

I was in Syria between January and March of 1999. During that time, Hafez Al-Assad was getting ready to be elected president for life.

All of the major cities were decorated with both Ba'ath party and Syrian flags. Al-Assad's picture was on EVERYTHING (not just the walls of peoples' homes and in the schools)... There was not one building in Damascus that didn't have huge 20-foot flags hanging out all the windows.

Around election time there were parties in the streets. School kids were bussed by the thousands to rallying locations, and it was so packed in some areas you couldn't move.

I was going to comment on the absurdity of the excitement of these people since they hate their government and its control and are literally FORCED to vote... until I was reminded to keep my mouth shut because our cab driver might be able to understand English and might be a spy.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:41 AM   #43
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

Herbivore,

Sorry dude. Its like this. Only one of two parties can actually win. No third party can ever win. Its just a fact. So if there is only two and you vote 3rd party or don't vote at all you have not added to the two candidates you have taken away from them. One is greater than zero.

Last edited by Kelphi; 11-05-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:50 AM   #44
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: Do not vote!!!

If I don't vote I am a mindless sheep !!! Oh is it the other way around.
Shucks I guess I am a mindless sheep, wow that includes the moderators and founders of this forum which endorse Obama. Ouch !!!!The old saying goes if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem,I am a mindless sheep. Just kidding folks you guys take yourself too seriously
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:57 AM   #45
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Hi HerbThat fine I wasn't pointing any fingers at any individuals.The word puzzles me because in all of this stuff that's going on, the reality is, not a soul knows the definitive truths. All anyone knows is what they are being told by someone else. It's really a question of who you follow rather than 'if'.When our elections come around in 2010, I'll vote. All I'll have to go on is what I hear, what I see, what I've experienced in the past and the extent to which I am able to discern the validity of what I hear/see/feel. The only way I would 'know' is if I get a chance to be a fly on the wall in the private meetings of Brown/Cameron/Clegg. Which is an impossibility.I'll vote because not doing so seems to me to be playing into the hands of a possible psychological situation. If no one turns out, the public may look like a bit of a push-over. If people come out in force, at least those in power realise that they care and that it may not be that easy to dupe them.
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:28 AM   #46
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelphi View Post
Herbivore,

Sorry dude. Its like this. Only one of two parties can actually win. No third party can ever win. Its just a fact. So if there is only two and you vote 3rd party or don't vote at all you have not added to the two candidates you have taken away from them. One is greater than zero.
first of all, i never said voting third party or not voting is adding to any candidates support, i don't know where you came up with that one.

secondly, do you not see the hypocrisy in your own statement? you said yourself it's a fact that the third party can never win. what have i taken away from the two main parties by voting for a separate party that has no chance to win? the minuscule fraction of the population that i represent does not cancel the vote of another unless i was voting for one of the two major parties.

if we were all asked our favorite color (out of the the infinite possibilities of color) and my vote was for purple and yours for red, my vote would not cancel out your vote; it would only add to the supporters of purple, and yours for red. it would not and could not 'cancel' your vote for red unless the only options were purple and red.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #47
Frank69
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie View Post
Hope you don't mind if I pop in here I'm not from the USA so obviously, I can't say much about the elections because they work very differently from ours.
Or maybe not they work differently...
Frank69 is offline   Reply With Quote