Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default To Do List

I have been thinking about various issues and what needs to be done. This thread is to share solutions and comments about them. I will list 3 things I have in mind for the United States. Please reply with your additional items, or comments...

For members in other countries, please start a list on this thread, for your country...

United States
  1. Rescind the Patriot Act.
  2. Abolish the Federal Reserve.
  3. Replace income tax with a flat sales tax.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
lemon_sky88
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: To Do List

How about we take out the IRS all together. It was originally intended to be a temporary establishment. We need to as well need to get rid of the NSA. Jim Marss talks about this, and how the NSA is allowing for a under cover dictatorship in america. =)
lemon_sky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon_sky88 View Post
How about we take out the IRS all together. It was originally intended to be a temporary establishment. We need to as well need to get rid of the NSA. Jim Marss talks about this, and how the NSA is allowing for a under cover dictatorship in america. =)
2ND THAT
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

How about ...Reform Healthcare, and housing and food for the needy
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

How about this for an updated list so far...

United States
  3. Replace income tax with a flat sales tax and abolish the IRS (Internal Revenue Service).
  4. Abolish NSA (National Security Agency).
  5. Reform healthcare.
  6. Establish housing and food for the needy.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post

United States
  3. Replace income tax with a flat sales tax and abolish the IRS (Internal Revenue Service).
  4. Abolish NSA (National Security Agency).
  5. Reform healthcare.
  6. Establish housing and food for the needy.
I find it hard enough to maintain the vision of "what I want" let alone worry about the ways in which the universe will choreograph the dance that will get us there.

Of course by this logic, you could be just one of those dancers making this all happen in accordance with that vision

I think radical changes like the ones in your list will come about as a consequence of the way in which the world has the light of truth shining on it.

In the words of that Johnny Cash song, "What's done in the dark will be brought to the light"

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
Illumination
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
I think radical changes like the ones in your list will come about as a consequence of the way in which the world has the light of truth shining on it.

In the words of that Johnny Cash song, "What's done in the dark will be brought to the light"

A..
I agree, Anchor.

Seashore, I would place "End all US wars of aggression and cut the Pentagon's budget drastically" as Number One. And I would not call for a flat tax as that is regressive and would severely harm the already suffering poor and struggling "middle" class of the US while allowing the wealthy to get off easier.

However I do agree with Numbers 1,2,4,5 and 6.
Illumination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:25 AM   #8
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

1. Stop looking to the current political system to be a "savior" (this goes for both the folks on the left AND the right..no exceptions).

2. Stop worrying about taxes and other economic junk and worry about humanity in general. Instead of tea parties where you wear teabags like a douche, try tea parties with your neighbors who could use friends.

3. Stop giving power to authority figures, including TPTB by posting their fear agendas and buying into them.

Ultimately, Avalon and Camelot are full of conflicting ideologies and there has to be a balance between the folks that hate taxes and the folks that don't give a **** about taxes.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:27 AM   #9
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumination View Post

...I would not call for a flat tax as that is regressive and would severely harm the already suffering poor and struggling "middle" class of the US while allowing the wealthy to get off easier.
Illumination, I got the idea from Lorien's post on the "Is the Real Problem Excessive Government Spending?" thread under the Economy and Currency sub-forum:

"I have always been a firm believer in getting rid of the income tax completely, and changing over to a flat sales tax in every state. For example, every state across the board would have a sales tax attached to every item or service sold.

Some items like food and clothing would have a very low tax with say 1% going to the state and 1% going to the federal gov.

General goods and services would have a higher tax with say 4% going to the state and another 3% going to the fed.

Luxury items like cars and homes over a certain price, and other items would have a higher tax on them.

This leaves a portion of taxes to the state for them to do with what they want, and a portion for the gov to do what they want. It also doesn't punish people for working hard and making a lot of money since they're not getting taxed on their wages. It does however 'punish' them for things that are excessive and not needed.

This would also make it so that there would be no earmarking of federal funds that you and I pay to the government for projects in some other state that we care less about."

What do you think?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:46 AM   #10
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

On my list:

Full disclosure of all ET contacts, recovered craft, and associated acquired technology and science. Some of the technology has military implications and so continued control will be necessary, but it is time to replace fossil fuels.

A real inquiry into what happened on 9/11/2001 instead of the whitewash we got.

Full transparency in government leading to the end of corruption (I can dream can't I?)

Nuclear disarmament.

That's just the short term list, the long term list includes things like:

A complete change in the way we select leaders. Nobody "runs" for office. Only people who are highly qualified but don't really want the job will be considered.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:26 AM   #11
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Consolidated list:

United States
  1. Rescind the Patriot Act; end all US wars of aggression; drastically cut the Pentagon's budget.
  3. Have a national debate about taxes. Consider a flat tax and abolishing the IRS.
  4. Abolish the NSA.
  5. Reform healthcare.
  6. Establish housing and food for the needy. Focus on humanity in general.
  7. Full disclosure of ET contacts/recovered crafts/associated technology & science/replace fossil fuels.
  8. Real 9-11 inquiry.
  9. Nuclear disarmament.
  10. Reform how we select leaders and establish transparency in government.
  11. Challenge the fear tactics of authority figures.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:37 AM   #12
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Consolidated list:

United States
  1. Rescind the Patriot Act; end all US wars of aggression; drastically cut the Pentagon's budget.
  3. Have a national debate about taxes. Consider a flat tax and abolishing the IRS.
  4. Abolish the NSA.
  5. Reform healthcare.
  7. Full disclosure of ET contacts/recovered crafts/associated technology & science/replace fossil fuels.
  8. Real 9-11 inquiry.
  9. Nuclear disarmament.
That's a good list so far. I don't mind looking into getting rid of the Fed and the IRS.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #13
Illumination
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Illumination, I got the idea from Lorien's post on the "Is the Real Problem Excessive Government Spending?" thread under the Economy and Currency sub-forum:

"I have always been a firm believer in getting rid of the income tax completely, and changing over to a flat sales tax in every state. For example, every state across the board would have a sales tax attached to every item or service sold.

Some items like food and clothing would have a very low tax with say 1% going to the state and 1% going to the federal gov.

General goods and services would have a higher tax with say 4% going to the state and another 3% going to the fed.

Luxury items like cars and homes over a certain price, and other items would have a higher tax on them.

This leaves a portion of taxes to the state for them to do with what they want, and a portion for the gov to do what they want. It also doesn't punish people for working hard and making a lot of money since they're not getting taxed on their wages. It does however 'punish' them for things that are excessive and not needed.

This would also make it so that there would be no earmarking of federal funds that you and I pay to the government for projects in some other state that we care less about."

What do you think?
Thank you for the link (I'm new and still discovering all there is on this site). That idea is interesting, moving in the right direction. I really don't want to get into the politics too deeply but as far as US government spending...I recently saw a chart where the Pentagon eats up almost half of our tax dollars. And then there is the fact that the US spends more military dollars than the rest of the world combined. So, IMO there are way too many public funds being used for the Military Industrial Complex and funds that simply disappear into the secret black budget which is both undemocratic and unfairly handed out to corporations without transparency.

I don't believe taxes are "punishment" because without them how could a society expect to have basic communal necessities like schools, fire departments, etc.?

Frankly, I'm tired of the squabbling about political minutiea because what we really need is a massive paradigm change which will result in a whole new way of organizing people and pooling resources in order to become a more fair and healthy community.

I'm not sure I can even envision what our new society will look like after this transformation. Hoping for a positive outcome!
Illumination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #14
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I don't believe taxes are "punishment" because without them how could a society expect to have basic communal necessities like schools, fire departments, etc.?
I've always felt this way, also...

Quote:

...what we really need is a massive paradigm change which will result in a whole new way of organizing people and pooling resources in order to become a more fair and healthy community.

...Hoping for a positive outcome!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #15
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: To Do List

Excellent list so far. To this, I suggest to add the following point:

TAX THE PROPERTIES AND "INCOME" OF ALL RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS, WITHOUT EXCEPTION

If we want LESS individual taxation (squeak-up if you want to keep paying more), then ALL those various religious holdings, Airlines, properties, lands, buildings, offices, "businesses," off-shore accounts, political "war-chests," and undeclared income of the religious groups = MUST pay a fair share.

We are talking many BILLIONS in TAX revenue from all such religious groups. This MUST include ALL churches, temples, synagogs, meeting houses, mosques, tents, church-owned hospitals, EVERYTHING in all the absolute control of EVERY religious group which, by their contempt have been exempt.

None can cry "discrimination," when ALL are included.

Last edited by J_rod7; 05-22-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: add ideas
J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #16
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Consolidated list:

United States
  4. Abolish the NSA.
  5. Reform healthcare.
  8. Real 9-11 inquiry.
  9. Nuclear disarmament.
  12. Establish a tax on the properties and "income" of all religious organizations, without exception.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
Metaphor
Avalon Senior Member

What about putting "love and compassion" as the prime directive for everything in human affairs?
Then we wouldn´t have to do any wishlists anymore.

Love would not tax it´s brothers and sisters to death.
Love would not hide anything at all from it´s fellow people, be it ET contacts or the truth about 9-11 or anything at all.
Love would never allow any nuclear weapons, or no wars at all for that matter.
Love would not have a "secret police" for the overlords. There would be no overlords for that matter because every human is equal.
Love would
...Well I think you get it now, you guys are not retarded or anything, haha. I´ll stop ranting
Metaphor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #18
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Quote:
I have been thinking about various issues and what needs to be done. This thread is to share solutions and comments about them. I will list 3 things I have in mind for the United States. Please reply with your additional items, or comments...

For members in other countries, please start a list on this thread, for your country...

United States
  3. Replace income tax with a flat sales tax.
You've got my vote.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #19
TPFolder
Avalon Senior Member

Love.
TPFolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:21 AM   #20
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

United States

[*]Replace income tax with a flat sales tax and abolish the IRS (Internal Revenue Service).
Seashore, sounds pretty good except for the TAX issue. Please don't fall for a fair tax compromise, we need to return to NO TAX.

Ron Paul Interview: Income Tax, Fed Reserve, Debt

Live Leak Video Part 1 (8:40) and 2 (4:49): http://waronyou.com/topics/ron-paul-...-reserve-debt/

NO TAX

More Money in People's Pockets

"UNfair to the elderly and people on fixed income." Ron Paul

Why the "Fair Tax" is Unfair
by Darrell L. Castle
Constitution Party Vice-Chairman
Here: http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13501

Also I would definitely include on the list. HR 1866, Industrial Hemp Farming Act
Here: http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...highlight=hemp
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #21
TPFolder
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post
Seashore, sounds pretty good except for the TAX issue. Please don't fall for a fair tax compromise, we need to return to NO TAX.
No taxing is another great addition to the list. Yet, completely eliminating money altogether would be an even greater step....
TPFolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #22
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Fab thread

i would add

BRING BACK ....

love thy neighbour ...as your self

and do unto others
as you would have others do
onto you ....

that be nice !!!!!

rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:17 AM   #23
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post
peaceandlove,

I listened to the two Ron Paul interviews. I was confused because it seemed that the interviews ended with the idea on the table to abolish the income tax, not replace it with a "fair tax," which is a sales tax, but no discussion of how the government would raise revenue.

I clicked on your second link, but it's too much for me to read at this point...

Briefly, with no income tax, no sales tax, where will revenue come from? Please summarize in your own words...
Old 05-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #24
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Consolidated list:

United States
  4. Abolish the NSA.
  5. Reform healthcare.
  8. Real 9-11 inquiry.
  9. Nuclear disarmament.
  12. Establish a tax on the properties and "income" of all religious organizations, without exception.
  13. Require the federal government to respect state laws allowing the growing of industrial hemp.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #25
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

I thought it would be helpful to revise the list so that number one does not list three separate items. (I had been trying to prioritize three things as number one all at the same time, but I think instead, it confuses things...)

Also, I thought it would be helpful to re-organize tax ideas, and add some wording, for clarity.

United States
  2. End all US wars of aggression.
  3. Drastically cut the Pentagon's budget.
  4. Abolish the Federal Reserve.
  5. Have a national debate about taxes.
    a. Consider abolishing the federal income tax and IRS, and replacing them with a flat tax.
    b. Establish a tax on the properties and "income" of all religious organizations, without exception.
  6. Abolish the NSA.
  7. Reform healthcare.
  8. Establish housing and food for the needy. Focus on humanity in general.
  9. Full disclosure of ET contacts/recovered crafts/associated technology & science/replace fossil fuels.
  10. Real 9-11 inquiry.
  11. Nuclear disarmament.
  12. Reform how we select leaders and establish transparency in government.
  13. Challenge the fear tactics of authority figures.
  14. Require the federal government to respect state laws allowing the growing of industrial hemp.