Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:11 AM   #1
Church
Avalon Senior Member

Default Is there a way in vBulletin to ignore threads instead of people?

...Either built-in, or something that can be installed? I know I can click on ignore and not see posts by certain people, but I don't want to ignore people... just some of the threads that they start, that's all. It's not a judgement call, either. I don't want to sound like I'm having a problem with anyone. Not like that at all. But I am getting real tired of every other thread having the word "Thuban" or "Abrax" in the title.

It would be cool if there was a filter that could be installed that allows a user to select words to filter out NOT to show in the "New Posts" list. Something where I could go in there and put words like thuban, abrax, why, did, mods, close, thread, etc., and have any threads with those words in the title NOT show up for me.

I know, I'm dreaming. And yes, I can just not click on them. But they actually cause a bit of anxiety in me, just seeing the "broken record" syndrome occurring in multiple aspects of reality.
Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:15 AM   #2
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is there a way in vBulletin to ignore threads instead of people?

Welcome to a community. Find a place.

I do understand what your saying though. Good to say whats on your mind.

I would put the word ignore in my ignore list.

peace
Firstlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:20 AM   #3
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

cool idea, i agree with self censorship. Thus I wouldnt censor anything and if people complained about certain topics or words in those topics. Put the cuss words on the ignore list or the topic. THen people couldnt wine about certain material like the thuban blah stuff, just put it on the ignore list.
Boober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:55 AM   #4
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Reminds me of a Miles Davis anecdote. Charley Parker said something to Miles like "how can you play so few notes when you solo? I've got to play every note on my horn 5 times in every solo..." To which Miles replied "Easy, man. Just take horn out from you mouth".
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:57 AM   #5
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boober View Post
cool idea, i agree with self censorship. Thus I wouldnt censor anything and if people complained about certain topics or words in those topics. Put the cuss words on the ignore list or the topic. THen people couldnt wine about certain material like the thuban blah stuff, just put it on the ignore list.
Ignore was available to them. They ignored the ignore feature. why? Because they were caught in a magnet. The mirror was calling to them, and they had to answer the call. they they got good and spooked, when they saw what was in the mirror, and ran for the tool sheds for the pitch forks.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

If you find posters that resonate with you, make a list of them, visit there personal profile page and you will find a list of threads started by them also threads they posted too and then you can access them directly from that persons profile pages.
that may help.
Regards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote