Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #51
feeler
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Swine flu- deconstructing H1N1 virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I was asked earlier by my boss if I would "volunteer" to stay in the building and work in an event that the campus be shut down due to swine flu.

No way. Not interested in being a guinea pig since he mentioned that volunteers would be medically monitored, etc. It just didn't sound good to me at all so I did not volunteer. The "special rate of pay" b.s caught me off guard too. I feel sorry for anyone else who decides to volunteer and knowing my superiors, they will likely prey upon the Vietnamese and other foreign workers, who would gladly volunteer. It makes me sick.

I was honest. Not getting the vaccine and it's all ********.
Humble Janitor,

We know what happened to the office workers who listened and returned back to the twin towers.

Or to the first responders who listened and believed it was safe to return to Ground Zero.

-feeler
feeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #52
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

There has been many via emails, PMs, etc., asking my thoughts which is not a problem. To help answer those questions, especially the same one, I'm putting info on a blog. Hopefully you will find it useful and feel free to ask questions there too. This way I can better manage what I've said and do a better job of answering questions.

www.simplyyourhealth.wordpress.com

Thanks

PS - I'm going to be posting a really important story on my blog. While the flu was becoming center stage, a company providing remedies that have a reputation for anti-viral properties could not get anymore supplies from their German source. No the German manufacturer did not run out! Nor could the US supplier get the FDA to allow them to import similar remedies from a different German company.

Last edited by Waterman; 05-06-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:10 AM   #53
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeler View Post
Humble Janitor,

We know what happened to the office workers who listened and returned back to the twin towers.

Or to the first responders who listened and believed it was safe to return to Ground Zero.

-feeler
Exactly. My intuition is spot-on or else I would have stupidly volunteered.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #54
no caste

The basics:

Influenza A(H1N1)
Inside the virus often referred to as the Mexican swine flu
, May 6-09
http://www.calgarysun.com/news/world...66101-sun.html

A/H1N1 IS A MIX OF FOUR DIFFERENT FLU STRAINS
- North American swine flu
- North American avian flu
- Human A/H1N1 flu
- A swine flu strain found in Asia and Europe

A - Virus type: Of the three types (A, B and C), A and B are the most common causes of epidemics.
H - Hemagglutinin (HA protein): Enables virus to attach to receptor of host cell.
1 - Indicates a specific type of the H or N protein.
N- Neuraminidase (NA protein): Helps release new virus from host.
1 - [??]

CHANGE FOR THE WORSE
- When a virus mixes with other viruses, changes sometimes occur to the antigens.
- A minor change - or drift - results in a new viral strain often not blocked by the immune system.
- A major change - or shift - results in a new virus to which there is no immunity.

LIFE CYCLE OF A VIRUS

1. Virus attaches to a host cell and is taken in.
2. Virus RNA is released and enters the nucleus.
3. The virus RNA uses the cell to copy the virus' genetic material.
4. The materials join to form new copies of the virus.
5. The new viruses break free of their host -- sometimes destroying it -- to find new host cells.

Last edited by no caste; 05-06-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #55
no caste

From an avaaz newsletter (may 5-09):

Scientists are looking into initial indications that link the triple hybrid 'swine flu' and factory pig farms that are dirty, dangerous, and inhumane.

Last week the flu was all that we talked about -- Mexico has been nearly paralysed and across the world leaders halted air travel, banned pork imports and initiated drastic controls to mitigate the spreading virus. As the threat shows signs of subsiding the question becomes where it came from and how we stop another outbreak.

Smithfield Corporation, the largest pig producer in the world whose farm is being fingered as the source of the H1N1 outbreak, denies any connection between their pigs and the flu and big agrobusiness worldwide pays huge sums of money for research to argue that biosafety is ensured in industrial hog production. But the WHO has been saying for years that 'a new pandemic is inevitable'(2) and experts from the European Commission and the FAO have cautioned that the rapid move from small holdings to industrial pig production is in fact increasing the risk of development and transmission of disease epidemics. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warn that scientists still do not know the extent that infectious compounds produced in factory farms affect human health.(3)

Studies abound of the horrific conditions endured by pigs in concentrated large-scale operations, and the devastating economic impact on small farmer communities of bloated large-scale operations.(4) Smithfield itself has already been fined $12.6m and is currently under another federal investigation in the US for toxic environmental damage from pig excrement lakes.(5)

But even with all of this damaging evidence, a combination of increased global meat consumption and a powerful industry motivated by profit at the cost of human health, means that instead of being shut down - these sickening factory farm operations are propagating around the world and we are subsidising them (6). In the wake of this swine flu threat, let's hold industrial pig producers to account. Sign the petition for investigation and regulation:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/swine_flu_pandemic

If we resolve this global health crisis boldly by reassessing our food consumption and production, and urgently calling for an inquiry into the impact of factory farms on human health, we could put in place tough farm practice rules that will save the global population from future animal borne lethal pandemics.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #56
no caste

Immunity and sleep: "When we sleep, our bodies recharge themselves: this means repairing tissue, healing, and fueling cells and organs up with fuel. Sleep may be the single most important thing we can do to help our immune system." http://www.aim4health.com/immunity.htm

NEW- Dept. of the Army, Pamphlet 385-69 (pdf, 45pp), "Safety Standards for Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories," May 6-09.

SUMMARY of CHANGE
DA PAM 385–69
Safety Standards for Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories
This major revision, dated 6 May 2009--
o Incorporates requirements of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
publication Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (para
1-1).
o Clarifies applicability to microbiological activities in a clinical
laboratory and in a biomedical research setting (para 1-1).
o Adds guidance and standards on infectious agents and toxins risk
assessment(para 2-4).
o Clarifies standards for biological safety programs (chap 3).
o Clarifies requirements and responsibilities for surveys (paras 3-10e and 3-
13b).
o Clarifies medical surveillance requirements (para 4-3).
o Adds requirements for illness absence monitoring (para 4-6).
o Adds requirements for integrated pest management (para 7-9).
o Clarifies requirements for the import, export, transportation, and transfer
of infectious agents and toxins (chap 9).
o Updates emergency planning and response requirements (chap 11).
http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/pam385-69.pdf (45pp)

NEW- Congressional Research Services, ""The 2009 Influenza A (H1N1) Outbreak: Selected Legal Issues," May 4-09.
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R40560.pdf (34pp)
Old 05-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #57
no caste

feeler posted this on another thread:
Novavax announced H1N1 VLP on April 14
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13638

The first death from swine flu occurred on April 13, when a diabetic woman from Oaxaca died from respiratory complications.

The following day, April 14, Novavax announced:

Novavax, Inc. reported preclinical study results showing that an investigational H1N1 virus-like particle (VLP) vaccine based on the 1918 Spanish influenza strain protected against both the Spanish flu and a highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza strain.

PDF format available at Novavax.com:
http://www.novavax.com/download/rele...14_09%20FO.pdf

-feeler
Old 05-27-2009, 04:11 AM   #58
no caste

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeler View Post
Not conclusive evidence, Paramartasaya. Samples are typically sent to the labs to be cultured and analyzed.

Though CDC has a lot of explaining to do on why this (A)H1N1 has the DNA segments of:

1. North American swine
2. European swine
3. Asian swine
5. H5N1
6. Human flu

-feeler
It seems an explanation has emerged... it's a sneaky virus.

'Sneaky' virus remains a threat

H1N1 flu has likely been undetected for years
http://www.calgaryherald.com/Health/...782/story.html

... An international team of researchers who analyzed all eight genes of the new virus confirmed its sneakiness, saying it was so different from its ancestral strains that it must have been circulating undetected for years.

They confirmed it is a hybrid of two other mixtures--one a so-called triple mix of pig, bird and human viruses, and another group of swine viruses from Europe and Asia.
The U.S. Health and Human Services Department said it was setting aside $1 billion to help companies develop a vaccine against the new strain.

HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said the money will be used for clinical studies over the summer and for production of vaccine ingredients for the government's stockpile.

Companies approved to sell flu shots in the United States are Sanofi-Aventis SA, Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline PLC and CSL Ltd. AstraZeneca unit Medimmune also sells a nasal spray flu vaccine.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #59
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

H1N1 (swine) flu now called Novel H1N1 flu count in the states is still on the rise. Looks like it is the majority of the flu that is out there now. This isn't the flu season, so this is a particularly contagious strain.

The possibility of it actually mutating is high. I will update my blog and with additional information soon. Maybe I'm missing something, but right now the flu-tracker team I'm part of is mysteriously quite.

For more timely updates you can always go to my blog and click the picture links to current information. Also, I have posted part two of "what to do for the flu" which might interest some folks.
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #60
David
Avalon Senior Member

My wife and I contracted this Novel H1N1 virus. It lasted for 5 days and is a particularly nasty one.

Symptoms were sneezing for the first day. Followed by sore throat, nausea, severe nasal congestion, fever of 100° and extremely lethargic.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #61
sleepingnomore

My daughter came home from school today and announced that they have one confirmed case of the Swine Flu at her school. They wouldn't tell them who had it and no notice was sent home to the parents. Why are they frightening the children? This really concerns me.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #62
no caste

Thanks to everyone for the information posted here

I want to add something I was surprised to learn a few years ago - at a youth science fair actually. Always learning from little kids! - re hand washing -

Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
Germs are often spread when a person
touches something that is contaminated
with germs and then touches his or her eyes,
nose or mouth.

I'm a notorious eye-rubber. I guess picking one's nose could be hazardous too.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #63
WiNaDeYo
Avalon Senior Member

Just take a look at the title of this article and read on:

Quote:

US study: New flu inefficient in attacking people
AP/ PTI / Washington July 3, 2009, 9:03 IST

With swine flu continuing to spread around the world, researchers say they have found the reason it is - so far - more a series of local blazes than a wide-raging wildfire.

The new virus, H1N1, has a protein on its surface that is not very efficient at binding with receptors in people's respiratory tracts, researchers at the Harvard University-Massachsetts Institute of Technology Division of Health Sciences and Technology report in today's edition of the journal Science.

"While the virus is able to bind human receptors, it clearly appears to be restricted," Ram Sasisekharan, lead author of the report, said in a statement.

But flu viruses are known to mutate rapidly, the research team noted, so this one must be watched closely in case it changes to become easier to spread...

http://www.business-standard.com/ind...10/10/66437/on
WiNaDeYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #64
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

I cannot verify any of this. It just showed up in my inbox. Peace JT

Cdn doctor: H1N1 vaccination is a weapon for mass extermination!

This is serious. If you don't believe me then Google it.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/canadian...rmination.html

(snip)

Canadian doctor Ghislaine Lanctôt, author of the Medical Mafia, has underscored the lawsuit recently filed by Austrian journalist Jane Bürgermeister against the WHO, the UN, and several high ranking government and corporate officials. Bürgermeister has documented how an international corporate criminal syndicate plans to unleash a deadly flu virus and institute a forced vaccination program.

“I am emerging from a long silence on the subject of vaccination, because I feel that, this time, the stakes involved are huge. The consequences may spread much further than anticipated,” writes Lanctôt, who believes the A(H1N1) virus will be used in a pandemic concocted and orchestrated by the WHO, an international organization that serves military, political and industrial interests.

(snip)

Lanctôt warns that the elite and their minions will introduce a compulsory vaccination that will contain a deadly virus and this will be used specifically as a eugenics weapon for “massive and targeted reduction of the world population.” Moreover, a pandemic will also be used to further establish martial law and a police state, according to Lanctôt, and activate concentration camps “built to accommodate the rebellious” and eventually transfer power from all nations to a single United Nations government and thus fulfill the sinister plans of the New World Order.

In her book The Medical Mafia, Lanctôt writes about the ineffectiveness and dangers of vaccination. “Because of my professional status, my words weighed significantly in the public eye. The Medical Board’s reaction was immediate and strong. Its leaders demanded that I resign as a physician. I answered that I would do so as long as they could prove that what I had written was false. The Medical Board replied with a call for my expulsion,” she writes. “As I witnessed the disproportionate reaction of the Medical Board, I realized that, for the health establishment, the subject of vaccination was taboo. Unknowingly, I had opened a Pandora’s box. I discovered that, despite official claims, vaccines have nothing to do with public health. Underneath the governmental stamp of approval, there are deep military, political and industrial interests.”

(snip)

More than 33 years later, according to Dr. Russell Blaylock, a board certified neurosurgeon, “we are hearing the same cries of alarm from a similar lineup of virology experts. The pharmaceutical companies are busy designing a vaccine for the swine flu in hope that this administration will make the vaccine mandatory before another vaccine-related disaster can ruin their party…. Like SARS and bird flu before it, this swine flu scare is a lot of nonsense. Just take your high dose vitamin D3 (5000 IU a day), eat a healthy diet and take a few immune boosting supplements (such as beta-1, 3/1, 6 glucan) and you will not have to worry about this flu.”

According to a source known to former NSA official Wayne Madsen, “A top scientist for the United Nations, who has examined the outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus in Africa, as well as HIV/AIDS victims, concluded that H1N1 possesses certain transmission “vectors” that suggest that the new flu strain has been genetically-manufactured as a military biological warfare weapon.
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:35 AM   #65
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
My wife and I contracted this Novel H1N1 virus. It lasted for 5 days and is a particularly nasty one.

Symptoms were sneezing for the first day. Followed by sore throat, nausea, severe nasal congestion, fever of 100° and extremely lethargic.
I had a flu back in May that sounds similar to what you're describing. It lasted at least a week and had most of those symptoms. The sore throat lasted longer than a week and the flu actually STARTED with a sore throat.

Is it possible that this was the swine flu? I went to a doctor but they did not know enough at the time to say such a thing.

Regardless, it was nasty and I made it out stronger (or at least, I hope).
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:50 AM   #66
no caste

Here we go (limited safety data)

As I remember, Tamiflu is not effective against this novel H1N1 strain. This is the first of approvals for use without adequate testing. The makers of the drug, Hoffmann-La Roche, are required to provide information to Health Canada, as it becomes available, about its safety and effectiveness. Adverse reactions must be reported to Health Canada. Parents should be informed about "exceptional use." The vaccine is not mandatory. This is relevant in Canada, USA and EU. It looks like a new test group.

Health officials OK Tamiflu for children under one
Published: Thursday, July 23, 2009
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1820956

OTTAWA -- The Public Health Agency of Canada is advising doctors they can prescribe Tamiflu for children under age one despite limited safety data on its use in patients that young.

Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq signed an interim order this week authorizing the use of the drug as a prophylaxis or treatment for children under one year who have been infected with the swine flu virus, also known as H1N1.

"Although there are limited data supporting the use of Tamiflu in children under one, there now exists an urgent need for recommendations to treat this population, given this group's increased risk for morbidity and mortality from influenza," said the notice posted on PHAC's website.

The move to allow for the expanded use of Tamiflu follows the same decision by the Food and Drug Administration in the United States and the European Health Agency.

Tamiflu and Relenza are the two antiviral medications that are being used to treat Canadians with swine flu.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:27 AM   #67
no caste

Cases are not updated anymore in many countries, and are provided for quick reference, not for comparison.

As of July 16-09
http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swine.../en/index.html
Old 07-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #68
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingnomore View Post
My daughter came home from school today and announced that they have one confirmed case of the Swine Flu at her school. They wouldn't tell them who had it and no notice was sent home to the parents. Why are they frightening the children? This really concerns me.
CHILDREN are the target. See my thread
sammytray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #69
no caste

Preliminary (civilian?) research into H1N1. It's closely related to the 1918 pandemic strain??

H1N1 strikes deeper in the lungs than normal strain
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ain/article.do

Swine flu penetrates deeper into the lungs and can inflict more damage than ordinary seasonal flu, a study claims.

It could explain why the virus is able to cause severe illness in people with no underlying health problems.

Tests in monkeys, mice and ferrets showed that swine flu thrives all over the respiratory system, including the lungs, and causes lesions instead of staying in the head as seasonal flu does.

Experts also believe swine flu is closely related to the 1918 pandemic strain, which killed up to 40million. Blood tests show many survivors seem to have immunity to swine flu.

American and Japanese researchers found that swine-origin influenza viruses were about five times more harmful than seasonal versions of the H1N1 flu strain.

Their effect on the lungs was reminiscent of H5N1 bird flu, which is almost always fatal in humans, although most swine flu victims recover.

Commenting on the research, Professor Ian Jones from the University of Reading said: "This complete analysis of the current H1N1 is what we've been waiting for. It shows that the new virus is about five times more pathogenic than seasonal H1N1 but that, nonetheless, the major outcome is recovery."

The research also confirmed that Tamiflu and other anti-viral drugs were effective against swine flu.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #70
no caste

I am beginning to see issues when children return to school in the fall. The close groups, the vulnerabilities. They go home and presto -

Also, pharmaceutical companies do see (IMO) school age children as a demographic. The funding for purchasing vaccines is available from the government, so the payment is good. The opportunity to sell the product in bulk - in the school system - is a huge monetary advantage.

School buses. Symbolically, there may be a lot there
Old 07-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #71
no caste

Good news

Health agency to test link between flu, vitamin D
By screening infected blood, researchers hoping to find new ways to fight the virus
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1231852/

In an effort to discover new ways to fight the swine flu, the Public Health Agency of Canada intends to test the blood of people contracting the ailment to check their vitamin D levels.

The agency is taking the unconventional action to try to find out whether those with mild cases of the flu have more of the sunshine vitamin circulating in their bodies than those who develop severe or even deadly reactions to the H1N1 virus...

A finding of a link to the vitamin would mean that people could reduce the odds of being harmed by the new flu bug by simply popping a low-cost supplement that is widely available at almost every drugstore.

Scientists have long been wondering about a possible connection between vitamin D and influenza because of the striking observations in both the northern and southern hemispheres that flu is mostly a wintertime ailment. This is the period each year when sunshine isn't intense enough to allow people to make the vitamin the natural way – in naked skin exposed to ultraviolet light – causing levels of the nutrient to plunge among those not taking supplements...

“Epidemiological evidence suggests a role for vitamin D in seasonal influenza,” the agency said, adding that the low amounts of the nutrient in the winter “appear to correlate with the occurrence of seasonal influenza.”

The annual pattern of influenza – bad in winter and rare in summer – is the reason many health experts are worried that the swine flu epidemic, now running at relatively modest infection rates, will go into overdrive starting in the fall.

The federal health agency cautioned that a causal relationship between not having a lot of vitamin D and the risks posed by the flu remains to be proved, but is said the approach may offer promise in reducing the severity of infections...

But the agency said it has adapted this continuing study to the H1N1 outbreak. As part of the research, the investigators will also look at whether a person's genetic makeup has something to do with the intensity of the flu they experience.

Although not much is known about the ability of vitamin D to mitigate the effects of the swine flu, the agency is citing one tantalizing piece of research suggesting the approach is more than a long shot and actually holds promise in combatting the new pandemic.

In the 1940s, researchers experimenting with mice found that those receiving diets low in vitamin D were more susceptible to an experimental swine-flu infection than those that received adequate amounts of the nutrient, according to the e-mail from the agency.

The reason vitamin D might be able to fight the flu isn't known, but the prevailing hypothesis is that the nutrient is able to strengthen the immune system, allowing those infected to better fight off their illness. Vitamin D has been found, for instance, to offer some protection against tuberculosis...

“The evidence is almost overwhelming that vitamin D appears to be making the immune system attack foreign entities better,” said Reinhold Vieth, a professor in the department of nutritional sciences at the University of Toronto.

He said the agency's research on H1N1 severity and vitamin D levels “bodes really well” for figuring out whether the nutrient can be used to help combat the virus.

The agency said that the way the nutrient might protect against the flu “is not fully understood,” but it said new research “suggests that vitamin D induces the production of antimicrobial substances in the body that possess neutralizing activity against a variety of infectious agents, including the influenza virus.”
Old 07-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #72
no caste

There are many interesting comments on the article (above).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...1852/#comments

SKIN TONE -

Vitamin D level depends heavily on skin tone, and the people from rural Mexico tend to be darker. Hey, maybe that's why the native population are harder hit? They have darker skin and tend to live in more Northern regions, so are probably Vitamin D deprived. Hmm..

Even in regions with high amounts of sunshine such as in this study from southern Arizona those with darker skin had deficient levels of Vitamin D.

Blacks 56% deficient
Hispanics 38% deficient
Whites 23% deficient

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/87/3/608

Our Native populations would likely have a degree of skin pigmentation similar to Hispanics, but given the fact most live at such high latitudes and do not drink much milk I suspect many if not all are Vitamin D deficient. It would be so easy to compare the vit D levels between those admitted to hospital with severe disease to those who have mild disease and see it this is a factor in disease outcome.

PNEUMONIA

What would interest me is what were the serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels of those who died after developing this influenza, what was the cause of death, and what underlying conditions might have led to the deaths. If I remember correctly, many of those who have died after developing the A/H1N1 influenza this year died of pneumonia, which is what happened in 1918-19.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #73
no caste

Millions of Children In U.S. Found to Be Lacking Vitamin D
Links to Diabetes, Heart Disease Examined

By Rob Stein - Washington Post Staff Writer - Monday, August 3, 2009
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...080202114.html

Millions of U.S. children have disturbingly low Vitamin D levels, possibly increasing their risk for bone problems, heart disease, diabetes and other ailments, according to two new studies that provide the first national assessment of the crucial nutrient in young Americans.

About 9 percent of those ages 1 through 21 -- about 7.6 million children, adolescents and young adults -- have Vitamin D levels so low they could be considered deficient, while an additional 61 percent -- 50.8 million -- have higher levels, but still low enough to be insufficient, according to the analysis of federal data being released Monday...

Old 09-03-2009, 03:32 AM   #74
no caste

Interesting details about the history of synthetic H1N1 - makes me wonder if it's at all related to the apparent vulnerabilities of aboriginal (especially Inuit) populations.
---------------------

After an unsuccessful 1951 mission, that involved U.S. biological warfare specialists, to extract 1918 Spanish flu genetic material in 1951 from a cemetery in the Inupiat Eskimo village of Brevig Mission, Alaska, scientists made another attempt, a successful one it turns out, in 1997...

Once the Spanish flu genetic material was obtained from the lungs, spleen, liver, and heart of the Eskimo woman’s corpse, scientists, in a scene reminiscent of the fictional movie “Jurassic Park,” in which genetic material from extinct dinosaurs is used to bring the creatures back to life, recreated the long-since dead 1918 Spanish flu in a U.S. government-funded laboratory. The woman’s organs were cut into one-inch cubes and shipped to the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Rockville, Maryland, where the virus’s genetic RNA material was identified and the 1918 Spanish flu was successfully brought back to life.
http://www.mathaba.net/0_index.shtml?x=620425

Last edited by no caste; 09-04-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #75
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

I have been experiencing flu-like symptoms for the past nine days: lethargy, sore throat,headache, fever, congestion etc. Fortunately the symptoms have been relatively mild but I certainly did not appreciate reading the news below:

WHO Admits to Releasing Pandemic Virus into Population via 'Mock-Up' Vaccines

" The document on the WHO website linked below states that it is common procedure to release pandemic viruses into the population in order to get a jump ahead of the real pandemic, so as to fast track the vaccine for when it is needed.
In Europe, some manufacturers have conducted advance studies using a so-called "mock-up" vaccine. Mock-up vaccines contain an active ingredient for an influenza virus that has not circulated recently in human populations and thus mimics the novelty of a pandemic virus.
According to the website, “Such advance studies can greatly expedite regulatory approval.”

Sources:

World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swine.../en/index.html

Read Dr. Mercola’s comments below:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...on-via-MockUp-
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote