Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
Dakini
Avalon Senior Member

Default Edgar Cayce/Egyptian Sacred Chant

Here is something from Judith Pennington that will resonate with those of us who do harmonic voice work.

enjoy!
Dakini

"Hindus, Buddhists and many Westerners harmonize the body-mind by chanting the familiar "Om" or singing the word "Hu," the Sufi and Eckankar seed sound for God. The vowel sounds in these words move energy through the abdominal, cardio-pulmonary and cranial cavities of the body when we focus on feeling this movement of loving, divine energy, rather than how we sound to others. The key to chanting and toning is being present.

Here's a powerful chant from ancient Egypt, resurrected in trance by Edgar Cayce and explained in a little book, Music as the Bridge, published by Cayce's Association of Research and Enlightenment (http://www.edgarcayce.org) in Virginia Beach. I've asked people, during my talks and workshops, to sing this chant and always hear beautiful harmonic overtones that carry the singers into deep meditative states. Cayce said this particular chant awakens our ability to draw ourselves into the divine and the divine into us. See if it works for you!

Surrounding yourself with a sacred circle of love, chant the word ar-ar-r-r--e-e-e--o-o-o--mmm. Fill your pelvis and navel with this rich, resonant "ar-ar-r-r" (as in ah-r) and with your whole body sound the "eeeeee" (as in eat) in your solar plexus, moving the breath upward and directing the "oooooo" (as in oh) to the heart and throat, then the uuuuuu (as in blue) to the base and center of the brain, and the "mmmmm" (as in room) to the forehead and frontal lobe of your brain. You will feel this last sound vibrating the very bones of your head.

If you sit with this chant for a while, you'll feel the currents of spiritual love coursing through your body-mind, and a river of peace will carry you into the Oneness of perfect love. Share your peace and healing by visualizing your loved ones and Earth's people basking in joy."
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:16 AM   #2
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Edgar Cayce/Egyptian Sacred Chant

Dakini: can you post a specific link to the chant you speak of? I looked at both links....on Judith's website there are many cd's? Thanks.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
Dakini
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Dakini: can you post a specific link to the chant you speak of? I looked at both links....on Judith's website there are many cd's? Thanks.
sorry, I don't think she has a CD or recording of the chant. perhaps email her and ask if one is recorded someplace?
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakini View Post
sorry, I don't think she has a CD or recording of the chant. perhaps email her and ask if one is recorded someplace?
dakini: I misunderstood your post. I thought there was a sampler of the chant for us to listen to.......no problem.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote