Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
shred
Avalon Senior Member

Default What should I invest in, land or gold...

Hello, I am an everyday visitor to Camalot / Avalon. I am a musician & family man living in the U.S in Maine. To make a long story short, I became "aware of PTB & of my spirituality" after being shown the "zeigeist" films among others & ever since, for about a year or so..I have been on a mission to gather as much info as I can & try to prepare my family for what may be coming. My question is this. I have a chance to invest money in something , but in what? My first thought is to buy land here in Maine somewhere in the mountains & start getting back to our roots, closer to nature & a self sustaining way of life. (this really rings true with me for some reason)
But Ive also been reading to invest in gold..or even move out of the country to somewhere that doesnt have U.S influence. If I stay in Maine im worried that if I buy land that eventually the govt / PTB will take it from my family. The reason Im thinking land is when I die I want to be able to leave my children & future grandchildren something of value. I welcome all your thoughts & suggestions.

Thank you
Shred
shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
scanner
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What should I invest in, land or gold...

Thats a difficult one to answer, however if it was myself I would invest in land outside US and start afresh , Brazil has a large english speaking community. Lots of people moving south of the US boarders, you can't eat gold or silver . But if moving not poss then gold it would be.
scanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
gretsico
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Should I buy land or gold ?

Hey shred!
i'm 26 living in Australia, Brisbane.We have water restrictions,crazy storms and a city getting bigger and uglier everyday. i'm looking at purchasing sum land quite soon.Away from the mess, and like you said get bak to the roots of the land.i dont claim to to be an expert on either property or gold. but i certainly feel the need, like you to grab a piece of mother earth and make it smile.
I recently bought sum p.metals, as an investment, for some time down the trak.mebe 5-15 yrs.
i dont see why u can't do both.hav a few eggs in different baskets.
i mean, i've heard stories that the PTB hav the gold market on strings (www.GATA.org)
if thats the case who knows what may happen.
I get a buzz when i imagine how my little piece of land will look, so i know what your saying.
Duno if i've bean very helpful, but much light
-gretsico
gretsico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
shred
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for your reply, Where in Brazil / South America ? Ive also seen a few posts of people moving to Equador. I would definatly concider this, convincing my family to move out of the country might prove difficult at best.

Shred
Old 03-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
shred
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Should I buy land or gold ?

gretsico - thank you for your reply, I wish I could afford to do both buy gold & purchase land, I wish i could :-)

Thank you
Shred
Old 03-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
Steve_G

Threads merged.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
Lythocrist
Avalon Senior Member

In my personal opinion... Neither gold, nor land is of true value, as they can be taken away.

Your life, your freedom, your loved ones,....the little dog too.

However there is something that cannot be taken away...

...knowledge.
Lythocrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

land
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Land , rural setting, small community, underground food pantry and 3 months to sustain you and your family, and your cousin winchester, and your guide the good book. Get to know your neighbors there too.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #10
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Buy land, but make sure you can have a garden there and get fresh water and maybe build a small cabin or something. I wouldn't buy land in any other country right now, it's much safer in the US. If you buy land in Maine there's not much of a growing season, but there's a quick escape to Canada if needed.

You can't eat gold or silver, and if things get really, really bad nobody's going to be interested in gold, silver, or money of any kind, they're all going to be looking for food and shelter. Buy land but make sure it's usable in all aspects, not just a hunk of rock somewhere. hmmm come here and buy my house! 5 acres and a stream!!! LOL
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #11
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

D62 made a good point , land with a well , good water , that means alot . I have a well at every place I own, very good water. And make sure you have a pitcher pump set up in case the power goes out . Tractor supply has those in stock. Plumb it in ahead of time with a bypass to your electric pump.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #12
Baggywrinkle

You can do both.

After you have your food clothing and shelter taken care of look at
Franklin Sanders MAP program for precious metals. Think of it as a savings
program in your personal bank of serta

http://the-moneychanger.com/map.phtml
Old 03-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #13
shred
Avalon Senior Member

WOW ! I really appreciate all the replies !! I already have thought alot about "things to do" as well as Ive seen a ton of posts here about preparation, besides I live in Maine.. As a kid I was raised around farming , hunting , ect & dealing with the short summers & long winters. If I were to buy land instead of leaving country, I planned on building a log cabin , being a ex-carpenter. Im still doing alot of looking for the right piece of land .I will say that moving to a secluded piece of property close to a small community is really appealing to me.

I thank you all for all your great input. Gives me a lot to think about :-)

peace
Shred
Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #14
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

i need to invest, in getting out of the house, i am in
(or, sell it, exactly, as, it is)
NOT SURE what is the best way to play it

1) sell as is

2) putting in 5K to get another 30K back
and, doing 2-4 weeks of work, mostly myself
is tempting (sure wish, i had a partner on that)

not SURE, what to do ???

any suggestions from anyone ???

i am moving forward
with an investor group, on the radiant zones,
we plan to create here in canada--
and, everything there, is clear to go

(its really crappy; having all your equity tied up in bricks)

if i sell, i will have a lot of money,
and, then, can take my time, to write my book/dvd thing
and, i can build something, with NO mortgage

however, i am glad, i spent the last 17 years investing in these bricks

(i plan to put 20% into book development/etc.,
30% into land , 30% into building, 10% into tradeable supplies,
and, 10% into minting my own silver & gold coin)
in 1/10th of an oz size in .999 fine
(something we will discuss at the next toronto meeting)

if anyone is looking to get money out of the USA
and, seeks a good investment / & partner
maybe we can do a deal ???
i do have an amasing source for gold/silver
(however, maybe that is just wishful thinking) ???
ahh, partners fall down, from strange places

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 03-26-2009 at 08:55 PM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:29 PM   #15
EpiphaMe

Looks to be all about surviving w/as much help as you can manage to find trust in. Yes, buy land and invest money into tools, feeding yourlself & whatever helps you to survive.

I've even looked at speculative maps of future, predictive cataclysms ... and feel fairly confident where I am. I would not live within 300 miles of any coastline anywhere.

Here at our place, we discovered what I deem as a great omen: spring water! We had enlarged our pond, then dug a big hole just 25 ft east of the pond in a wooded area... it's been staying full and we have not had any rain much this year at all... so, our pond is now spring fed via a channel.

Our garden is 1600 sq ft (not that big, but for we too it's a start).. and we are building a chicken coop to have eggs, have neighbors on the peninsula interested also in raising beef & chickens for meat... people are waking up around here.

You might check out tracethecircle.com
It involves about 40,000 acres being developed as a "radiant zone" so to speak. I've checked it out some and would consider this were I not confident & settled with where I am currently living (tho this could change).

I would also invest in metals & supplies/food for trade.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:17 AM   #16
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Land.

They'll just take your gold. Find a remote spot, get yourself a few weapons and invest in it.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:11 AM   #17
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi shred,

We have a lot in common. I also was a musician in my younger days in Europe and a little over here in Brazil.

I would buy agricultural land on the premise that if you wanted it could produce for you in the way of crops.

I live down here in Brazil and have a small simple farm. It keeps me busy over the weekends (during the week I hire two guys to help me out) and I have a selection of fruit and other foods depending the season.

Buying land away from your own country needs to be done in the right way so as you're not to be cheated by the locals.

I took my change of life as more of an adventure than an investment.

There are pockets of English speaking people here in Brazil, but these are mainly in the cities like São Paulo and this would defeat your object.

As we have seen the rise and fall of the cost of urban land it's very risky.

Gold just seems to keep stable when you take out inflation and currency rates. Although gold has risen in price it's real value has kept more or less the same.

Whatever you decide to do, do it with confidence and with the agreement of your whole family. That way you will always do the right thing.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred View Post
Hello, I am an everyday visitor to Camalot / Avalon. I am a musician & family man living in the U.S in Maine. To make a long story short, I became "aware of PTB & of my spirituality" after being shown the "zeigeist" films among others & ever since, for about a year or so..I have been on a mission to gather as much info as I can & try to prepare my family for what may be coming. My question is this. I have a chance to invest money in something , but in what? My first thought is to buy land here in Maine somewhere in the mountains & start getting back to our roots, closer to nature & a self sustaining way of life. (this really rings true with me for some reason)
But Ive also been reading to invest in gold..or even move out of the country to somewhere that doesnt have U.S influence. If I stay in Maine im worried that if I buy land that eventually the govt / PTB will take it from my family. The reason Im thinking land is when I die I want to be able to leave my children & future grandchildren something of value. I welcome all your thoughts & suggestions.

Thank you
Shred
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #18
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

The 'things' that carry the most value have no price tag.
Love
Comfort
Confidence
Good Will
Etc...

Physical objects may give a short lived illusion of the above mentioned 'things'...just remember...it is an illusion.

If you apply humble gratitude to your daily routine, everything else will fall into place...it does for me anyway.

Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #19
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

If you wish to leave a legacy, for your Loved ones.
Make it the gift of knowledge.
Tell them they are already complete, no amount of external searching will fulfill them. Teach them to listen to the guidance from within.
Teach them to trust in all-that-is.

I wish my folks told me.
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #20
shred
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rareheart View Post
If you wish to leave a legacy, for your Loved ones.
Make it the gift of knowledge.
Tell them they are already complete, no amount of external searching will fulfill them. Teach them to listen to the guidance from within.
Teach them to trust in all-that-is.

I wish my folks told me.
As a father of 3, 1 boy & 2 girls ,that are now 18 , 20 & 23...this is something that my wife & I have always put forth to our kids, to think & react with your heart & keep an open mind. That before you can truly love someone else, you have to love & believe in yourself. That legacy has already been passed on :-) My kids are very independent, strong willed, & I have no doubt that they will do well in life. However I do worry about the difficult times ahead that they will be faced with. I truly believe that the lessons I learn in this life (spiritual & other)..I needed to pass on to my children. And my mission, to have something in place for them to go to in the event things go bad...and if bad things don't happen, then they'll have a nice peaceful environment to raise family.

Thank you again for all your input..
Shred