Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-26-2008, 01:36 AM   #1
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Is Bible True? Why Should I Believe The Bible Is True?

This guy makes a pretty good compelling point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkFFgdJeZFM
Kelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:56 AM   #2
voltron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is Bible True? Why Should I Believe The Bible Is True?

Read "The Bible Fraud" by Tony Bushby. It will show you how theBible was written and rewritten over adnover to "prove" the Pope's point of view, namely to keep people powerless. Don't you feel guilty that Jesus gave his life for you? How else is one to take this? There were several "Gods" in the Bible. Jehova was a wrathful God. Who else would have you kill your enemy. First let me say I DO believe in God. However Jesus was a composite character. The First Council of Nicaea was held in Nicaea in Bithynia (present-day İznik in Turkey), convoked by the Roman Emperor Constantine I in 325 AD, was the first Ecumenical council[1] of the Christian Church, and most significantly resulted in the first uniform Christian doctrine, called the Nicene Creed. With the creation of the creed, a precedent was established for subsequent general (ecumenical) councils of Bishops' (Synods) to create statements of belief and canons of doctrinal orthodoxy— the intent being to define unity of beliefs for the whole of Christendom. (Forgive my spelling.) The combined the Sun worshipers into th4e Son of God. Krishna became Christ. Etc., Etc. Etc. It was all a contrived religion made to keep people from thinking for themselves, mainly by killing everyone who disagreed with it.
voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:17 AM   #3
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

I know. And with all the man made attempts to discredit the bible it still stands the best tests of reliability and authenticity.

Truly God has spoken. Ain't it cool.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:24 AM   #4
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Jesus was crucified but didn't die on the cross. He suffered as Ghandi or any other great man would. He did it for us. for what was happening to us. Who killed Jesus? Who was behind the one that made the decision? Who killed millions and millions, persecuted in the name of religion?

I believe that Jesus died for us...............not for the sins someone decided to put on us to make us feel guilty.

If God gave Moses the 10 commandments, why did the pope decide to add three mortal sins himself last year?

No, the bible isn't true but I do believe that they put some things in that are true just to fool people.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:29 AM   #5
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

Yea. I think a lot of people are waking up that the Roman Catholic Church has been the greatest enemy of God.

As you pointed out, there are literally hundreds of documents of Romanism trying to dis-credit Gods word and thwart Gods plan. It has to be quit embarrassing for the tenured Catholic not to mention exhausting to combat within academia.

Last edited by Kelphi; 11-26-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:40 AM   #6
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

mntruthseeker,

Funny. The most historical event in human history has been the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Over 500 people saw Him rise again. Many of them were just like you-they wanted nothing to do with Him. And most of the people that hung out with Him from town to town ran and hid and lied about being with Him. In a court of law thats pretty telling information.

Your right about one thing-no one killed Jesus. He laid down His own life.

Last edited by Kelphi; 11-26-2008 at 03:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:29 AM   #7
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

For a different perspective read Conversations with God. In that series (there are 3 parts) the author is having a conversation with God and in it God rejects the labels put on him by the Bible, claiming much was misinterpreted or those in power at the time simply lied to keep control of people. According to God in this book hell isn't real, there is NO judgment, no ten commandments, original sin was original opportunity and we are all Gods- here to experience being God in the flesh for Him and he wants to experience it all as we take our individual paths on becoming.

It resonates with me and I see no reason we have to believe God spoke in one book and not another.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:41 AM   #8
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

Ruby,

That is exactly the very "spirit" that is so diligently at work on this planet.

All religions outside of Christianity says the exact same thing.

Even the ET's with their endless ramblings communicate the same thing you just posted.

Find that odd at all? Truth is very narrow, mind you.

With Love,

Kelphi

Last edited by Kelphi; 11-26-2008 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:08 AM   #9
Greg222
Avalon Senior Member

I got a hot one for you. What is one to think of an historical person who:
1) Was born in humble circumstances
2) Wise men traveled to pay homage at his birth
3) A king made an attempt on his life when he was a child
4) Was caught in a temple as a child questioning the religious leaders of his day
5) Began his ministry at age 30
6) Died a sacrificial death

The misinformed would say, "Oh, that is Jesus, the saviour of mankind!"
But he would be wrong. This list applies to HORUS, the Egyptian 'god' who was worshipped at least 3,000 years B.C.! It's on the internet and in books, look it up.
So this begs the question, where did the biblical stories come from if they are not original? The Sumarian FLOOD account is much older than the bible's. Hmmmm, need to rethink this religion and Bible stuff!
Greg222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:17 AM   #10
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelphi View Post
I know. And with all the man made attempts to discredit the bible it still stands the best tests of reliability and authenticity.
In my view the bible should be read just the same as any other book. I really dont get the big deal that poeple make out of it all.

Take that which resonates with you as true, and disregard that which does not.

I read every thing like this, the bible, the handbook for the new paradigm, ET101, Law of One, Hidden Hand, posts on this forum etc etc.

Quote:
Truly God has spoken. Ain't it cool.
Yes, so what? and no it isnt particularly cool. God speaks all the time.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:25 AM   #11
sleepingnomore

The bible was a compilation of ancient stories that fit into the dogma they wanted to create. Some information is historical, some omitted, some mistranslated, and some intentionally misinformation.

Many scholars have devoted their livetimes to sorting out the truth. I think it's a must read for anyone searching for the truth and you need to do your own reasearch to determine for yourselves what you can and can not believe.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:29 AM   #12
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Ruby,

Even the ET's with their endless ramblings communicate the same thing you just posted.

With Love,

Kelphi
Why is truth narrow? Where did that paradigm come from? Who says it's narrow? Are you saying that Christianity is right because it doesn't agree with anything else? And not so much Christianity but the Bible. Different Christians believe different things and even read the Bible different ways- I don't think it's all lies but I do believe there are definitely contortions of God's word. To each his/her own, though. Whatever brings you closer to God, though! I can respectfully disagree and say MY truth is not YOUR truth and that truth is only as narrow as you make it.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:32 AM   #13
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Anyone who interprets the bible as past tense is in error.
I have to agree it is a magnificent work and its wisdom is underneath the leaves of her pages,
just as a woman covers that which is sacred so does the fig tree hide its summer fruit underneath the leaves.
All ancient text consist of body mind and spirit.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:55 AM   #14
WalkerTalker
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: Is Bible True? Why Should I Believe The Bible Is True?

I say ....how do we know the bible is not true?? I suggest you go to Angeles Temple some afternoon and tour the bible library that the late Gene Scott assembled. (In Los Angeles) It is fascinating how faithfully the texts were preserved and how faithful the translations were kept.
Jesus did come and live among us , God's son, what he said is true. He spoke about the end of this age and his second coming. We shall see...I choose to believe him. I agree there was spin added to the christian faith, but it was not added till centuries later than Jesus, and the texts we have on his life appear to be very reliable.
Peace ya all!
WalkerTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #15
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg222 View Post
I got a hot one for you. What is one to think of an historical person who:
1) Was born in humble circumstances
2) Wise men traveled to pay homage at his birth
3) A king made an attempt on his life when he was a child
4) Was caught in a temple as a child questioning the religious leaders of his day
5) Began his ministry at age 30
6) Died a sacrificial death

The misinformed would say, "Oh, that is Jesus, the saviour of mankind!"
But he would be wrong. This list applies to HORUS, the Egyptian 'god' who was worshipped at least 3,000 years B.C.! It's on the internet and in books, look it up.
So this begs the question, where did the biblical stories come from if they are not original? The Sumarian FLOOD account is much older than the bible's. Hmmmm, need to rethink this religion and Bible stuff!
Who said the biblical stories are not original? Did you come to this conclusion by reading Greek mythology? Sweety, Horus the sky god, is an ancient Greek mythological character. Its a fable. Its lore. And concerning the flood, Noah's flood in the bible, it was a world wide event that all civilizations record of in the same time period about 4400 years ago.

You can believe or twist history all you need to but the fact is the bible does not contradict itself ever. Bible and God haters have tried futilely for centuries and yet it still stands.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #16
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

I don't know if it's true or false.
Shall I just take someone's word for it?

My answer is.... I DON'T KNOW if it's true or false.
You don't either!

Maybe soon we will all find out???

I, personally, would guess the bible is not essential for anyone.

Last edited by Ampgod; 11-26-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #17
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Well said Ampgog.

We simply have no way of knowing for sure, and those who claim to know are deluding themselves. You may believe (and that's good), but you don't know, and claiming to know is not helping those who are looking at this rationally. We should let people come to their own conclusions w/o all the coercion/missionaryism.

To those who claim to know the unearthly repercussions of my earthly intents/actions:

Have you ever died before?

No?

O.k. well you've spoken w/ someone who has then?

No?

O.k. well you've read about it in a book then?

Yes? O.k. then that sounds plausible, I'll accept all that as fact w/o ever questioning it.

The bible has some good if read like Aesop. They are stories that may or may not be relevant to you personally. I agree w/ Anchor here, just take what is relevant to you. Why does it all have to be true or all not true? I'm sure some stuff in there is true, and some is purely fabricated. Not to mention all the partial truths, just look at all the different interpertations of the same events from the different authors of the books of the bible. If "God" had soley inspired this work, why so many contradictions? But yeah even those "contradictions" are subject to personal interpertation. See what I mean?

I don't see why those who believe in the "truth" of the bible feel compelled to force their way of thinking on others. If you want to read the bible as literal fact then so be it, I couldn't care less, until you start forcing your beliefs upon others.

Do you really need a book to tell you to be a good person?

So please allow for each his/her own.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #18
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Dont be blinded by the obvious use of religion as a controlling force for those in power. There is truth in the bible, you just have to look for it.

If you go to church, start discussions by asking questions about the obvious contradictions in the bible. Dont accept the line that the answers are mysteries that only god knows the answers to.

If you dont go to church, pick up some of the books mentioned here and get informed. One I particularly liked was "Mystic Christ" by Ethan Walker III.

http://books.google.com/books?id=a7H...um=5&ct=result

Last edited by hueyii; 11-26-2008 at 12:04 PM.
hueyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #19
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
You can believe or twist history all you need to but the fact is the bible does not contradict itself ever.
Ten rules. If you break any one of them you will burn in hell for all eternity. But he loves you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

The sixth commandment is "Thou shall not kill.". God violated His own commandment in ordering the destruction of entire cities, just to allow the Jews to have a homeland in the Middle East. The Bible confirms that God ordered the killing of thousands of people. Isn't this an open and shut case for the hypocrisy of the God of the Bible? Believers will tell you there is justified and non-justified killing; thus God only committed justified murder.

Wouldnt it have been justified for Peter to use his sword in the garden of gethsemane? After all they were coming to kill the son of GOD!! But no, Jesus told him to put away his sword. Jesus believed in love and non-violence. But then again there was that hissy fit he throws when he sees that the temple has been converted to a sleazy market place. Jesus loses his control and throws everyone out.

These are stories, some say myths. I see plenty of contradictions. Some due to tampering by mortals, some due to tampering by the church.

We are all gods, we just dont understand how to wield all that power in a safe way. Imagine if you were a god and every thought you had would manifest itself. Pretty scary if you consider that everyone has this power. Time to start using the brain for what it was meant for and trust our hearts for guiding our actions.

May you all experience the oneness that we are.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #20
utarion
Avalon Senior Member

There is a law and there is a lawgiver. The bible is the only book that can stand up to scrutiny and has never failed in its truths and its prohecies. its up to everone of us to weather we except it or reject it.

But if I were you I would at least understand what is written and why before you dismissed it.

its not wise to ask anyone on this forum if its true or not. Because it is up to the individual to find the truth.

The promise is if you ask it will be given, if you seek you will find. And if you knock the door will open.
Every action is done be you.

I believe it to be 100% true in its entirity...
utarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:07 PM   #21
Zelphael
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Ruby,

With Love,

Kelphi
Kelphi, I fear you will disregard anything I have to say but since I for too long was in your position and see my former self in you, I must speak up.

I repeatedly find myself wondering if you are a troll parading around as a caricature of a Midwestern housewife, or if you are actually real. I know all too well that what you are spouting is carbon-copy, cookie-cutter American evangelicism in all of it's glorious lack of logic and historical understanding.

Your assertions that the bible does not contradict itself (false, to those who have studied it thoroughly) and that it has stood the tests of man time and time again (false, even a young child can see inconsistancies when shown) and that "500 people saw Jesus rise" (false, where are you getting this information? There is NO historical evidence outside early Christian writers/propagandists, except a few TINY lines in secular historians which have been easily shown to be fraudulent Christian redactions to purpetrate the historical Jesus lie).

Honestly, Kelphi, I really feel sad for you because you are mentally and spiritually enslaved to a false entity, instead of blossoming in your own spirit and your own path. No one is telling you to believe the ETs - but you already have ideas formulated about them, that they are demonic entities on a mission from Satan. You don't know know KNOW this to be true. You believe it. And you cannot see the difference.

I suggest you read up on early Christian history, with your defences DOWN. You just may find the truth you so eagerly claim to already hold.
Zelphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #22
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Sweety, Horus the sky god, is an ancient Greek mythological character. Its a fable. Its lore.
It's not just the story of Horus. Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vm_wh-84D8
Old 11-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #23
Stabris8
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a reply by me in an earlier thread such as this here at Avalon...

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...9041#post19041

Last edited by Stabris8; 11-26-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Stabris8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #24
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphael View Post
Kelphi, I fear you will disregard anything I have to say but since I for too long was in your position and see my former self in you, I must speak up.

I repeatedly find myself wondering if you are a troll parading around as a caricature of a Midwestern housewife, or if you are actually real. I know all too well that what you are spouting is carbon-copy, cookie-cutter American evangelicism in all of it's glorious lack of logic and historical understanding.

Your assertions that the bible does not contradict itself (false, to those who have studied it thoroughly) and that it has stood the tests of man time and time again (false, even a young child can see inconsistancies when shown) and that "500 people saw Jesus rise" (false, where are you getting this information? There is NO historical evidence outside early Christian writers/propagandists, except a few TINY lines in secular historians which have been easily shown to be fraudulent Christian redactions to purpetrate the historical Jesus lie).

Honestly, Kelphi, I really feel sad for you because you are mentally and spiritually enslaved to a false entity, instead of blossoming in your own spirit and your own path. No one is telling you to believe the ETs - but you already have ideas formulated about them, that they are demonic entities on a mission from Satan. You don't know know KNOW this to be true. You believe it. And you cannot see the difference.

I suggest you read up on early Christian history, with your defences DOWN. You just may find the truth you so eagerly claim to already hold.

Thank you very much, indeed. Appreciate your clarification from a unique and important perspective.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:19 PM   #25
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

I would not call Kelphi a troll. Like all of us, Kelphi is on her own path and it's not really for us to judge. As an observation, I do wonder why start these threads. Afterall, if you find your "truth" you'd be satisfied with that, no? You'd have peace. You would not feel the need to convince everyone else that your way is the only way? I see threads like this from the perspective that perhaps the OP, in giving herself the opportunity to defend the Bible, is perhaps doing so to "prove" something to herself? Is not what you question in others a reflection of your own insecurities?