Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Canada

Notices

View Poll Results: Would You Be Interestend In Starting/Supporting A Galactic Market Network
Yes - Lets Do IT Anyway we can! 26 96.30%
No I don't support Farmers Markets 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #51
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Holstein Farmers Market - Canada's First Galactic Market!

Okay, thanks for the advices :-) Maybe I can set up a lemonade stand, lol.

I have a sausage machine and have been threatening to do something with it....any health codes I must be aware of at the Holstein Market?
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #52
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Okay, thanks for the advices :-) Maybe I can set up a lemonade stand, lol.

I have a sausage machine and have been threatening to do something with it....any health codes I must be aware of at the Holstein Market?
As I tell my vendors... Were not the law! But...we don't want people getting sick. Each vendor should follow all health regulations for their specific industry. This means that the vendor must do some research of their own. There is lots of information available. I am working with a group of other markets this winter and we are going the be getting some more advanced information available to share among many other local farmers markets. TEAMWORK YEAH!

here is a public health contact list. Don't forget to ask them about aspartame, fluoride, and toxic vaccines because they really like that!

http://www.farmersmarketsontario.com...20Feb%2009.pdf

Baked goods seem to have less problems because the heat from baking kills most bacterias off. Meats and dairy tend to have more concerns. Keep hot foods hot and cold food cold. I would suggest that you do some basic research into your specific product online...book a couple of hours to sift through the growing bloggyness of the internet to find some solid and verifiable information! Hope that helps.
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #53
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, thank you. If I put enough whisky in the sausages I'm sure they will be bacteria free :-)
Old 11-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #54
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Well, I have been at it all week working hard going as fast as I can. Making things for next year and trying to stay focused. I have talked to one person about this business idea and might be able to help them get a small market store operation started in the city. There is growing awareness of the importance of growing our own food. I see a need. I have some ideas as to the solutions of how to work with the already existing local food network to grow and become stronger where we will be able to exceed the food needs. Right in our own back yard. Well at this point in time...November 2009 I am working very hard to see what I can do to make this happen. I have personally funded this venture from my own stash of cash from a previously full time job at a machine shop. Anyway my ideas flow like a river but the cash flow needed to grow must come from an outside source.

I got numbers! I got spreadsheets! I got market magic! So again I give a shout out to any real world business person who wants to get involved and have fun I got a kick ass idea that's sure to be kind of a big deal! Anyway. I'm just floating along as usual. Its about all i can do with 40 bucks to my name! The rest of my funds are tied up in the loop of all the other markets that I have been attending this fall with own market products just to keep it all moving until I find someone who has some of that money stuff and wants to play the game of SHOW AND PROVE! Help me turn the heat up! Its getting cold out this winter!

So for real?? Anyone out there who wants to invest or buy in or however that business stuff works get a hold of me. Make me a deal! I don't even like money... oh this crazy planet earth. Who wants to invest in the plan and help make it a success!!!

So long story short. Im still just winging it. 2010 - 3RD SEASON!!! MARKET MARKET MARKET!!! THREE TIMES AS AWESOME!!!

TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW
HOLSTEIN FARMERS MARKET
CANADA'S FIRST GALACTIC MARKET
FRIENDLY VISITORS FROM ALL NATIONS AND PLANETS WELCOME!
SAUCER PARKING AVAILABLE

Last edited by JesterTerrestrial; 11-16-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:20 AM   #55
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

You and this fella have some things in common.

http://www.holodynamics.com/interview.html

and here

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/members/vwoolf.htm
Old 11-17-2009, 05:34 AM   #56
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Jester,

I was just reading your update re investors and had a thought. YOU have such a great energy, that I think your product should be YOU. (I'm winging it, too.) So, rather than you moving your produce, your produce moves YOU as the item. Like, hey I'm Jester. My market is the BASIS BASE of my reputation, my life.

How I see that moving is: show people how to grow their own stuff (they pay you for it, consulting). I don't know where you live, but around here people want information about recycling. $100/consult. $200+ if you show up with the rain tub for the eaves run off, low flow shower head and toilet info. Sell seeds as a sideline, or partner with a heritage seed company. (Cross promotion for a percentage of their product.)

An example: You could go into local schools, or even do a wider circumference traveling road show. How to line this up? A lot of people do. I worked with someone, with a child care-journalism background, who set up a non-profit, though another artist I knew did this too as a sole proprietor. Most schools have budgets already for extra curricular activities, and it's at the discretion of the administration and parent councils how to spend it.

Basically you come in as a project. You compile what the benefits to the students will be, e.g. literacy, numeracy, responsibility, citizenship, nutrition, joy (health benefits!), making preservatives, art & colour spectrums, awareness (natural cycles) or whatever it is you can demonstrate the children will gain. I kind of see a heritage angle. (E.g. Ride a bike!)

Then, a lot of big city corporations also have money put aside for donations for these kinds of projects. All you have to do is find the right department. What I used to do, when I worked with the NGO I mentioned was think of the corporation I hated the most, then dial them up. I'm like you, don't really like money, but. However, taking it from XYZ Corp to funnel it into a great program was very easy, which surprised even me. I didn't think I was that nail-em-to=the-door.

Then there are foundations. All of these things take an application. There are deadlines, annual cycles, specific interests that many companies and organizations have. They need to get rid of the money for tax purposes.

Now, a fun thing - and artful thing - is if you can get your, say, program, to BE a fundraiser. That's hard. My idea for myself was to give kids a camera, have THEM take shots of their world, then they sell the packages of cards (business acumen!) to parents, friends, parents' friends, relatives for school projects. After expenses, like wholesale cost of cards, they keep some and give the rest back in to the school. School is the hub. Maybe you could do jam. {ha music!} Pick one: strawberry. Keep it simple. Or what I grew at school cards, if they plant some little things.

Someone did the photography thing with homeless people in Vancouver, and you should SEE what they saw. Beauty everywhere. They got a disposable camera and off they went for a day.

My 2 cents.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #57
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

What gr8 ideas

((((big hugs to you JESTER))))
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:09 AM   #58
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, and what a good 2cents that was, for myself too :-)

When I lived in the huge metropolis of LA there were two major grocery chains We sold oil paintings on outdoor easels. One day I called the PR person of one of the biggest chains and told her I would like to do a fund raiser for a project I had in mind, called "Project Drug-Free Children" and I would like to donate $50,000 that year to a non-profit corporation that went into schools and educated children in an entertaining way about drugs. I told the PR person that the $50,000 would be donated not in the name of our company but in the name of the grocery store, AND, if they let us display our oil paintings on the huge sidewalks outside their stores we would pass out a brochure that positioned the grocery store beside this non-profit cause which we both knew was a big issue in the LA suburbs.

The PR person loved it, we donated the $50k ($100k the second year) and we grew our business from a two-person business operating out of a garage to a warehouse with 8-10 sales people, doing 4 or 5 locations every weekend.

We made some good money and the grocery chain got good publicity and people purchased something that had not only an aesthetic value, but they could also contribute to bettering their community.

Do you think fresh fried doughnuts would be a big hit at the Galactic Markets?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:12 AM   #59
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
What gr8 ideas

((((big hugs to you JESTER))))
Hi, eXchanger, you look beautiful!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:18 AM   #60
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Hi, eXchanger, you look beautiful!
ahh, i am merely a reflection, of all my good friends

whiskey & sausage - a breakfast of champs

maybe, i could bring my de-aging chamber LOL

it would look good, beside the flying saucer runway !!!

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 11-18-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:21 AM   #61
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
ahh, i am merely a reflection, of all my good friends

whiskey & sausage - a breakfast of champs

maybe, i could bring my de-aging chamber LOL
Ah, yes, also likewise beautiful
Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #62
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

yes, spring is in the air - what's up with the market ???

btw, this is a great idea for people to do - in their areas
Old 03-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #63
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE eXchanger View Post
yes, spring is in the air - what's up with the market ???

btw, this is a great idea for people to do - in their areas
Just calling around to find out who my vendors work for!!!

LOL

Actually its been kind of quiet. But going to be going on a poster run soon to do some advertising. I really hope I get lots of vendors and traffic. I don't have a dime in the budget. I have 20 bucks to my name and not really sure how its all gonna work out. I just keep on making it up as I go. It has been a long winter and I am happy that spring is coming soon so we can get busy. I have lots of things made out of wood and getting some stock piles crafts ready for sale. Also looking into making some new products this year...but am unfortunately limited by lack of funds. This planet and money I tell ya! just wild.

Hey if we had anti-gravity and freed this planet from the controls it faces perhaps we may actually become a galactic market. i tell ya i have seen some interesting and un-usual folk come visit me already

So this is my third year already. Wow. We had an average of 10 vendors last year and I expect about the same hopefully a little larger this year. I sometimes freak people out and get a little over metaphysical but higher energy just seems to flow in a straight shot. Last year was the summer of Awesome!

THIS YEAR IS THE SUMMER OF MAGIC!!!

Who wants a booth...tell your friends...the market is on!!!

as long as my garden is not defeated by chemtrails and poor weather I should have tons of strawberries this year! mmmmmm yeah!

plus a hand full of other vegies. plus many other vendors will be bringing their goods and were just gonna have a market party every saturday in the park.

I hope you get a chance to visit this year...I make sure to save a Peace Bomb for you.

Last edited by JesterTerrestrial; 03-16-2010 at 06:45 PM.