Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 12-19-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
Baggywrinkle

Default Survival Resources; the public library

Knowledge can play a key role in your survival and preparedness efforts. One of the best places to find that extra knowledge is your public library. You've paid for it with your hard-earned tax dollars, so why not take advantage of all it has to offer.

As an example, my own Public Library offers a wide variety of services to all its users.

Here is a list of just a few of those services.

1.) The ability to check out books and magazines for "FREE" to read at your leisure. Mine gives you two weeks before they need to be returned.

2.) A wide variety of titles in both fiction and non-fiction on any subject you can think of.

3.) They also have a "FREE" book and magazine section from which you can get free books and magazines on a wide variety of subjects. I've gotten numerous "FREE" books on everything from home repair to herbal medicine.

4.) My library also offers "FREE" VHS and DVD rentals of current movies. Imagine that! No rental fees. They do charge you if you're are late but you can call them and get an extra day for "FREE". This is a great source of "FREE" entertainment.

5.) There is also "FREE" internet service available. In my own Public Library, they even have Wi-Fi .

6.) They even have a lounge area where you can sit down and read newspapers, magazines or a book in complete comfort and in a very quiet environment and it's all "FREE".

7.) They also have "FREE" reading programs for children during the summer months.

Are you taking advantage of your Public Library? They can be an invaluable source for useful information and a great resource for many circumstances.

Your Public Library can even be of great help if you're unemployed by offering you a chance to research job opportunities for "FREE" via the newspaper or the internet. They can even help you find a job if you are fresh out of college and seeking that first job with their numerous resources they have available for "FREE" . They can even help you find the necessary resources to prepare for most any crisis or disaster.

The Public Library is a good thing!

"FREE" is a good thing!

Staying above the water line!

Riverwalker
http://stealthsurvival.blogspot.com/