Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
COEXIST
Avalon Senior Member

Default Meditation for beginners

This whole Camelot experience has gone a long way to changing my perspective upon life and matter.

I was attracted to the Camelot website in an attempt to read and watch everything that Richard Hoagland had to say. I am into science and politics and never had any desire to crack into the esoteric side of this equation.

There seems to me an overwhelming acceptance that meditation is a path to your higher self, higher awareness and higher knowledge. I have never had a desire to persue this practice until recently and now i turn to those of you who have already traveled this path for some practical advice.

Where does one learn to meditate? It seems that there are infinite numbers of techniques and practices. Where do you start?

I want to add this to my skill set ASAP, has anyone found a book or technique they would recommend to someone new to meditation and esoteric matters in general?
COEXIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #2
mudhog92
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Meditation for beginners

I have found binaural sound easy to get you started into the trance start and alpha wave level of the brain. Jose Silva has some that I have used and like. I also recommend Robert Bruce and Robert Monroe from the Monroe Institute. I like binaural to help, but don't let it be the only way you can relax and hit alpha waves. Use it to maybe get started, then try other techniques. You can't force it, just relax, don't 'try' to hard, let it go, let it develop. Just get quite. It's not about the end result, it's about the journey. If you focus too hard on accomplishing something, it will elude you. Sit in the grass under a tree and feel the sun on your face. It can be as simple as that. Good luck my friend
mudhog92 is offline   Reply With Quote