Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #101
THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Gold & Silver Q & A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynox View Post
Greetings Peaceful Warrior,

I have no sources for metals outside the US, so hopefully someone with that information will visit and grace us on that topic. You might try the web for coin or jewelry stores in your area, I suspect they sell coins at most.

My experience is limited to international flights between the US and Costa Rica and Italy. I always travel with a few ounces of metal, both as a backup exit fund if I were ever to encounter weirdness and also because I give silver dollars as tips, to spread metal to those that may never have encountered it.

I always carry it in my carry on bag, and I have never been requested to open my bags or have them searched for the coins, and yet I have had them search for and find disposable lighters I forgot to remove. So there hasn't yet seemed to be any directed focus towards carrying coins. One consideration should always be to know the regulations of the countries one will be entering or passing through, as many have declaration limits for cash and other fiscal instruments, and I always assume these include precious metals.

Often declaration is requested if one is carrying more than $10,000 US. Interestingly, one could play a game with this, if so inclined, because the face value of a US Gold Dollar Coin is $50, versus a market value of around $900. I'm not suggesting this game be played, but I sure would like to get employers to pay in gold coins at face value!

Namaste!

__________________________________________________ _______________________________
Please be advised that I am not any form of a professional or paid investment adviser and each individual reading or posting questions or answers is responsible for their own investment decisions.
Hi Zynox,

Hey buddy sorry for the delay in replying to you, thanks so much for the info, very much appreciated!

Wadda ya think about this Bailout B******s..smoke screen to cover up the robbery or something else? Just interested to know what your thoughts/feeling are.

Words from an old 80's song.."WHERE DOES IT GO FROM HERE..IS IT DOWN TO THE LAKE I FEAR, I YA YA YI YI YA...."

Lovin your work...r iginal:

Namaste

PEACE OUT
THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #102
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR View Post
Wadda ya think about this Bailout B******s..smoke screen to cover up the robbery or something else? Just interested to know what your thoughts/feeling are.
I feel, next week will be a most impacting experience, and that some of the best preparation would be a discerning review of a puzzle piece:

http://communityvisionblog.ning.com/...%3ATopic%3A182

We know there are many scripts running, and as we endeavor to create, it feels good to have some perspective.

~ love and namaste, my sisters and brothers ~
Zynox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #103
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Does this mean you dont have the physical metal on-hand? If its all paper, then what good is it?

I ordered 4Kg of 999 Silver 8 weeks ago and it took 6 weeks to arrive. Today I rang for a quote and they said 12 weeks. 12 freaking weeks, but the price isnt substantially different.

Its a game.

At least I have some raw material to try out the colloidal silver fun and games now.

A..
I go to a local coin dealer just a few miles from home, he has been following my lead for the last few weeks... To give you an idea how happy he is, he gave me a gold piece Friday for getting him into the shop early...

I willed myself to have enough money to start the car that is a generator on the road creating electricity that can be used to power the house when it returns home...

I need a 100K to get all the pieces in production to build the prototype.

in two weeks I have 10 times what I started with...

If I can keep this ride going a few more weeks, I'll have enough...

The big question now is, what is coming Tuesday...

I jumped back into silver coins when they dropped down under 11...

It took 2 cloth bags to carry them all this time...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #104
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

wow, nice. i have 70 ounces and i was lucky to get that, i dont make much and silver is super hard to come by in NY. a bag full o silver! nice!
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #105
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
wow, nice. i have 70 ounces and i was lucky to get that, i dont make much and silver is super hard to come by in NY. a bag full o silver! nice!
We should start knowing as the markets open up around the world how well the meeting went in the EU...

I'll be keeping a close eye on it to see if I should jump back in, or just be glad I pulled out in time...
Old 10-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #106
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

anyone know what happened today just before 6PM....

silver dropped and then spiked right back up...

did a huge transfer just happen?

anyone know a chart with volumes?

and of course, its sitting at 11.11

Quote:
In 1900, there were approximately 12 billion ounces of silver in the world. Today, that figure has fallen to about 300 million ounces of above-ground, refined silver. This means that at current prices, it would only take about four billion dollars to purchase all of the above-ground silver in the world today.
Why is there so much silver trading if there is this little actually available?

Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 10-05-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #107
historycircus

I suggest that you all invest in lead, when you have capital left over from your investments of food.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #108
kopenhagen
Avalon Senior Member

Stock went down the last few days why Gold didn't go up?
can anyone explain?

thanks
kopenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #109
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
I suggest that you all invest in lead, when you have capital left over from your investments of food.
And some gold paint right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopenhagen View Post
Stock went down the last few days why Gold didn't go up?
can anyone explain?
Yes - the gold spot price is manipulated. The last think Uncle Sam wants is people being motivated to buy something that is actually REAL money.

So they stop it behaving like real money.

I bought a couple of ounces of gold a while ago when it was $470, I was expecting it to be over $1400 by now, but there is such severe distortion in the market.

I am sure this too will come to light soon as more and more people realise what is going on, and then there will be more crisis, and associated knashing and wailing of teeth - particularly amongst people that only have gold in paper or digital form.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 10-07-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #110
TAXMASTER
Avalon Senior Member

Rocky,

I am proud of you my man, you have become quite a capitalist. There is nothing wrong in bettering your condition.

Namaste'
TAXMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #111
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

I still haven't jumped back in to the market, with silver and gold drying up even in the little coin shops. I think I'm holding the right thing with 2 bags of silver.

What is going to happen when news breaks that no one can cash out of their paper metal because there is nothing backing it?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #112
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I bought some old English silver coins today
Probally a waste of money but not to worry
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #113
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

didnt' take long to find the answer to my question...

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=4524

CNBC reports gold paper markets could default...

Tags
gold, precious metals, silver