Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
wfranzen
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Contact your congressmen about bailout

The response of this forum to the proposed 700 billion dollar bailout bill has been overwhelmingly negative. At the same time I have seen a lot of hand wringing and behaving as if the outcome of this vote were cast in concrete.

If you are a US voter and have not already let your congressmen know how truly awful you think this bill is, I would urge you to do so at this time. I have already done so.

There is a lot of talk about the power of intention on this and other similar forums and how this can alter the future. Call me unaware or silly, but I believe this comes about by actually getting off your duff and doing something (peaceful and legal) about the situation rather than sitting and contemplating your navel.

Note: The current situation is very fluid and please forgive me if this bill has already come up for a vote.

By the way, this is my first post and I cannot get the tags to fill in. Could someone let me know how to do that?
wfranzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Nola
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Contact your congressmen about bailout

Just sent a message to all 4 of ours. I hope it will do some good, but people around here still have their heads up their arses.
Nola is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bailout, bill, econompaulson, economyy, paulson