Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Mexico City Flu Epidemic Shuts Down Schools.

Mexico City closed schools across the metropolis of 20 million Friday after at least 16 people died and more than 900 others fall ill from what health officials suspect is a new strain of swine flu. World health officials worried that it could mark the start of a flu pandemic.

The World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland said at least 57 have died in the outbreak, although it wasn't yet clear if this larger number of deaths was due to swine flu.

"We are very, very concerned," said Thomas Abraham, a spokesman for the agency. "We have what appears to be a novel virus and it has spread from human to human." If international spread is confirmed, that meets WHO's criteria for raising the pandemic alert level, he added.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_191021.html
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Mexico City Flu Epidemic Shuts Down Schools.

WHO concerned at new swine flu in U.S.,
GENEVA (Reuters) - The World Health Organization (WHO) voiced concern on Friday at a confirmed outbreak of swine flu in the United States and what it called more than 800 human "influenza-like" cases in Mexico, including about 60 deaths.

The United Nations agency said it had activated its Strategic Health Operations Center (SHOC) -- its command and control center for acute public health events -- but could not say whether it was considering issuing a travel advisory.

U.S. public health officials said on Thursday that seven people had been diagnosed with a new kind of swine flu in California and Texas, while Mexican authorities were due to announce test results later on Friday, WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl said in Geneva.

"We are in daily contact with U.S., Canadian and Mexican authorities," Hartl told Reuters.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that the virus was a never-before-seen mixture of viruses typical among pigs, birds and humans. All 7 American patients had recovered.

http://health.yahoo.com/news/reuters/us_flu.html
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
chitty
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Dan, Canada is on alert as well. Last I heard about an hour ago was it was a human/swine/unknown virus cross. This was on cbc newsworld. cbc.ca I am now hearing 900 people infected and a few in Texas. 20 some dead and from what I hear, all males between 25 and 39??
chitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

They have been updating all day on the drudge report, mexico is now probing another 50 deaths. Give it a day or 2 . If this thing takes off god forbid your gonna want to hit the grocery stores in a short period of time. I wouldn't jump yet just stay educated here and on other sites.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #5
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitty View Post
Hey Dan, Canada is on alert as well. Last I heard about an hour ago was it was a human/swine/unknown virus cross. This was on cbc newsworld. cbc.ca I am now hearing 900 people infected and a few in Texas. 20 some dead and from what I hear, all males between 25 and 39??
There are some reported cases in the North Bay Ontario region if you look at the age group and compare it to the Spanish flu it is very similar. What are the chances of these three strains combining and mutating to form a new strain ?

Last edited by Northern Boy; 04-25-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:35 AM   #6
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

"Mexico flu deaths raise fears of global epidemic:
Unique virus connected to cases in Calif. and Texas; source still a mystery"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30386163
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #7
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

This posted on youtube 47 minutes ago. I guess the game is on!

Swine Flu - CDC says too late to contain U.S. outbreak - Protect yourself and others - Please Share!

CNN Reports

Video (5:14):

Wow, I didn't know videos would open in the posts. Is that new?

Last edited by peaceandlove; 04-25-2009 at 01:12 AM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:53 AM   #8
Iceman
Avalon Senior Member

No human swine flu in Canada, says health minister

Canada's health minister says that a human swine influenza outbreak which may have killed up to 63 people in Mexico poses "no immediate threats to Canadians at this time."
here is the link http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc...%2fflus_090424
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:26 AM   #9
chitty
Avalon Senior Member

Reminds me chillingly Chuck Heston said it in "PLANET OF THE APES" "DAMN THEM DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL"
DEPOPULATION ON THE WAY FOLKS.
WORRIED FOR US ALL
cbc national news, right now!!!!

Last edited by chitty; 04-25-2009 at 03:29 AM.
chitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:28 AM   #10
DoctorWho
Avalon Senior Member

Right now it's around the southern borders of California and Texas. It's the new killer bees!
Bill "the Doctor"
DoctorWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Nothing has been reported about any cases here in the UK yet, i hope what we have all been reading about for months now does not happen, i guess if you haven't stored up yet on those necessities now would be a good time.
Most potent in crowds they say, is it airbourne spread not sure about that one perhaps someone can let me know.
This was on for the UK, i'm sure i read this just a few weeks ago.
My thoughts go out to those poor people, we have had earth quakes of late now this their certainly stepping up the anti.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #12
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

I'm not a doctor, this is just my opinion. If you look at the history of the 1918 avian flu I believe it started with a group of soldiers getting vaccinations then being transported to spain on a boat, getting sick going over from the vaccination passing it back and forth, when they got to spain they already had a highly contagious form of a flu strain and then ended up getting another strain that combined with the vaccinated strain. That was the beginning and end of over 40 milllion people including my great grandfathers first wife and 2 children. Influenza of 1918.

Hypothetically speaking if this swine flu hangs around long enough til this fall , makes its way around the globe over to asia in a few months then combines with the H5N1 bird flu, would it be a good educated guess of the launch of another pandemic, a very bad one with a 40-50% fatality rate?
The bird flu in asia is at 60% fatal now, only a few hundred people have contracted it . Can I get some chiming in from the Avalon Ground Crew on this theory. Punch holes in it or correct me please.

Here's a good prepardness site 4 lab techs put this together years ago and it's worth checking periodically and a good guide to plan. www.planforflu.com/home
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
David
Avalon Senior Member

Swine Influenza: General Information

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/general_info.htm
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #14
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrangello View Post
I'm not a doctor, this is just my opinion. If you look at the history of the 1918 avian flu I believe it started with a group of soldiers getting vaccinations then being transported to spain on a boat, getting sick going over from the vaccination passing it back and forth, when they got to spain they already had a highly contagious form of a flu strain and then ended up getting another strain that combined with the vaccinated strain. That was the beginning and end of over 40 milllion people including my great grandfathers first wife and 2 children. Influenza of 1918.

Hypothetically speaking if this swine flu hangs around long enough til this fall , makes its way around the globe over to asia in a few months then combines with the H5N1 bird flu, would it be a good educated guess of the launch of another pandemic, a very bad one with a 40-50% fatality rate?
The bird flu in asia is at 60% fatal now, only a few hundred people have contracted it . Can I get some chiming in from the Avalon Ground Crew on this theory. Punch holes in it or correct me please.

Here's a good prepardness site 4 lab techs put this together years ago and it's worth checking periodically and a good guide to plan. www.planforflu.com/home
don`t forget that in 1918 the simulated mustard gas attacks by the troops sergeants while they were sleeping assisted in that flu mutating to its deadly form the fact that they were crammed into ships and later barracks kept them in close quarters with one another . We need to watch out for sudden activity on usually quiet Fema camps and forced innoculations which there should be none of as this flu is a combination of swine ,bird and human flu bugs so there will be no vaccines for this type of flu and if they tell you they have one ask to see the clinical trails for it.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #15
WiNaDeYo
Avalon Senior Member

Take a look at this, folks, and read through all the reports! Please read them all and keep updated!

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert...t=dis&lang=eng

News breaker! It might be in NY, too!

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert...t=dis&lang=eng

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert...21414&lang=eng

Last edited by WiNaDeYo; 04-25-2009 at 04:09 PM.
WiNaDeYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #16
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Well, forecasters had projected a serious outbreak of flu, and we know that it does tend to be worse in the winter than the spring, and that they make the flu meds based on the last form of it to go around in the spring.

This may be why I read somewhere that there were many more eggs being sent to the various pharmaceutical houses to make the meds (not getting into the more conspiracy aspects of it here) - I read that first, say a week ago, and now we're getting this. It may well be that the CDC and whoever follows the "flu reports" knew this was coming a week or 2 ago and started prepping now for the fall.

alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post
Well, forecasters had projected a serious outbreak of flu, and we know that it does tend to be worse in the winter than the spring, and that they make the flu meds based on the last form of it to go around in the spring.

This may be why I read somewhere that there were many more eggs being sent to the various pharmaceutical houses to make the meds (not getting into the more conspiracy aspects of it here) - I read that first, say a week ago, and now we're getting this. It may well be that the CDC and whoever follows the "flu reports" knew this was coming a week or 2 ago and started prepping now for the fall.

alys
i, for one, will not be getting asny more flu shots. i've only had two and they did nothing. but, i'll not trust them again.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #18
Paramartasaya
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Mexico City Flu Epidemic Shuts Down Schools.

Take a look on this threads and connect the dots:

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=13242

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=13352
Paramartasaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #19
viking
Avalon Senior Member

An excuse for Martial Law??... Just recieved this update from 'Earth Changes'.

Brace yourself. Be aware.

A swine flu pandemic - which means a global spread of the disease - may be under way right now.

The virus variant is a mixture of pig human and bird strains, and there is no known vaccine.

Mexico City, with a population of 20 million, has been virtually shut down because at least 20 people have died there so far.

More than 1000 are reported sick and over 2000 others have called special hot lines to say they suspect they have the swine flu.

Elsewhere in Mexico almost 50 other deaths are linked to the swine flu strain.

At least eight people in California and Texas have contracted the disease, but no deaths have yet been publicly reported in the United States.

MK Notes: It's reasonable to assume that there are controls over what is publicly reported. There will be a difference between the numbers we're told, and the truth.

Do not expect anyone to tell us where this swine flu strain - a mixture of human, pig and bird viruses - was manufactured. We'll only be told that the viruses themselves mutated - which they can do with incredible speed. That's why flu shots are useless against new strains of flu.

However the important thing here is to consider one's personal situation and state of readiness in case this swine flu reaches your environment.

People in Mexico City who are still out and about, are wearing masks.

( flu masks available here)

The disease is no doubt incubating right now among people who have left Mexico to many destinations around the world.

Perhaps it would be very wise to avoid air travel as well, since planes are wonderful disease-spreading capsules.

Airlines do not sterilise any of those pillows and rugs that passengers get to use - and on a Jumbo jet you're breathing the same circulating air as 300 other people. That's much worse than being at the mall....which would also be a place to avoid.

Since there is no known antidote or vaccine to handle this strain, and if it does become a pandemic, then martial law is a possibility.

Other options would be to go as far as placing whole neighborhoods and possibly even entire cities in quarantine or under curfew.

If this does spread - as previous pandemics have done - then hospitals will soon be overwhelmed so you may have to care for yourself - or family members - at home.

Are you prepared for that?

It's not that this flu strain actually kills everybody who gets infected.

But it does kill some - and the numbers so far suggest that it kills at least 60 out of 1000.

That's six out of 100. Which is approximately one in 20.

Those numbers are based only on publicly available information and used simply to try and understand whether or not this swine flu is really something to worry about.

If they can close down a city of 20 million and convene a WHO meeting, and worry about it becoming a pandemic, then common sense says it is).

If you're sick, or quarantined and not allowed out...do you have what you need on hand to eat, drink and be not so merry?

Take this as information only - be aware that there may still be ample time for you to decide what precautions you need to take.

Regardless of how this swine flu thing and Earth Changes might play out, good health is important to all of us.

So it's a sad thing to get an email advising that yet another family member has succumbed to cancer...especially when a brother and sister and a dear friend are also undergoing chemotherapy.

Makes one wonder how many other people might have the same issues, either personally, or within their own family and circle of friends.

Which is why this issue includes some health-related information, including the above links to a new video and book on "the one minute cure..."

Some products that have been around too long for the pharmaceutical companies to get a headlock on do indeed have remarkable properties.

If this one works against viruses (which would include swine flu) and cancer, then it just might be an absolute boon - but that's my opinion, not advice.

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #20
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

they have announced that the virus can't be stopped.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #21
mpea
Avalon Senior Member

They are now saying it could have arrived in the UK and that Tamiflu and Relenza are effective. Link to article below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...pread-U-S.html
mpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:59 PM   #22
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah, now might be a good time to buy stock in Roche
alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #23
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpaganfreak View Post
i, for one, will not be getting asny more flu shots. i've only had two and they did nothing. but, i'll not trust them again.

Me either I saw a co worker who got one and hours later fainted and got deathly ill for days
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #24
mpea
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
Me either I saw a co worker who got one and hours later fainted and got deathly ill for days
Me neither, would MMS be any good for this virus?
mpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #25
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Don't know...but It probably would help...Kills pathogins..hope I spelled that correctly
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote