Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #51
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: Come have a sit down with me around the Pot Bellied Stove and talk story.

Thanksgiving 11.27.08
ModChatBox is as good as sitting around the pot-bellied stove. Please come join us for our last evenings musing.

Carol: If someone had the extra money something like this would work too. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...ed=1#post88210

Baggywrinkle: Able to withstand 300mph winds? Do you have a link? Then there is the matter of the tsunamis

Carol: woops, wrong link

Baggywrinkle: petromax lamp ran out of kero. Got real dark all of a sudden. Had to steal debs hurricane lamp...

Carol: Steel Farm Building
http://cgi.ebay.com/Steel-Farm-Build...ayphotohosting
It has to be buried 8 feet under ground

Baggywrinkle: Moore maintains you need to be at least 500ft above sea level. My home is 624 feet, cutting it very close.

Carol: http://www.backcountryedge.com/kelty...utm_medium=cpc
We have one that has two rooms with a connecting passage between. Yes, who knows where really it will be safe. The Brazil area has weathered it the best during all of previous the pole shifts

Baggywrinkle: I start to overload when I think too deep into earth changes of that magnitude. Everything else I can deal with...

Carol: MP2 and I were discussing some of the issues earlier. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8281

understood..

Baggywrinkle: Part of the Saints prophecy is being forced into tent cities. They are preparing seriously for this eventuality and like the tuttle tuff shelters http://turtletuffshelters.com/

Carol: Oh, I really like that Baggywrinkle

Baggywrinkle: AVOW has group buys on those things

Carol: That looks like the way to go depending on the price.
We're also looking at protecting our mini horses.

Baggywrinkle: and for ventilation, check this out from the rubicon. These guys actually do everything they talk about http://www.alpharubicon.com/basicnbc/safefanwar.htm

Carol: oh, this is good

Baggywrinkle: Sol Invictus seems like a serious outdoorsman. He had a problem with my cut and paste articles. I say why reinvent the wheel. I think he's alright. There's a reason he's up in those Scottish hills alone...what did he tell you?

Carol: Off grid by July.. CMEs? headed here by September.
I posted the info in the other thread.

Baggywrinkle: Where did he get his info?

Carol: http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...ed=1#post88210
friends in the know

Baggywrinkle: This is in keeping with JR Moore's info about govt moving operations to be completed by Jan 2009. But it appears they are preparing for high water Google CIA & Denver together

Also the time-table for completion of the Svalbard doomsday vault

Carol: yes.. it all tends to dovetail quite nicely

Baggywrinkle: Cheese and crackers! That's an invitation to go seriously into debt. Talk about digging a hole for yourself. Do you get the feeling you will be able to come out of your shelter to hand pump water?

Carol: My water currently is above ground. Who knows? Somehow I have a feeling I will be bypassing all of this. The future is not made in cement and there will be a harvesting of souls through the portal.

I think there are other plans way beyond my limited imagination yet to unfold. As Jim Marrs says, Hope for the best and plan for the worst. So the planning gives me something to do while waiting to go back (heavenly) home.

Life is a gift and I'm just enjoying my present.

Baggywrinkle: well, on that CHEERY note. I need to get to bed. Have thee a blessed evening and may Providence light your path

Carol: Thank you.. I'm headed to bed too.

Aloha from Hawaii and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Gareth luv.. it's your shift now.

Online: 525 (176 members and 349 guests) All is quiet..

Last edited by Carol; 11-28-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #52
happyhollergal

Default Re: Come have a sit down with me around the Pot Bellied Stove and talk story.

Carol, thankyou so much for this, as it is one of the main reasons I came to Avalon, to become part of a wonderful community of people caring about each other. I remember growing up in south Georgia, where folks gathered round at the old donut shop and talked about life. I miss those days and the sharing/caring that were considered "normal", before everyone got so paranoid of others or busy with their own lives.
As for my little space here in North Carolina, we have 7 acres that we've been clearing, getting ready for Spring planting. I grow and sell specialty flowers. I (humbly admit) am only one of two in the US approved to sell the Biltmore Estate varieties. This time of year I usually sell my beauties at the flea market near Asheville. Unfortunately, there have been few travelers to Biltmore who have stopped in at the flea market, and the regulars that do come every weekend are 95% hispanic. They tend to purchase what they need to live on, which is understandable. As a result, I've had to close my shop there and try to rethink my business.
I will say that having time off from being busy working has given me an opportunity to learn so much about our world, that I would not have had time for otherwise. I spent yesterday (Thanksgiving) watching 8 hours of video from Nassim Haramein, and was extremely excited to learn about his work. His personality is wonderfully refreshing in the presentation of his research. For those out there not aware of him, they can find info at theresonanceproject.org or watch his videos on google video. You may know him since he lives in Hawaii. I'd love to meet him in person one day. We certainly need more like him.
Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Just wanted to thank you and all the others who responded to your post here. Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #53
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Thank you so much for your input and informational link happyhollargal. We are just trying to figure this out together and help each other along the way.

This chat is from this mornings exchange 11.28.08 Enjoy.

Colin: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8287

Carol: Indeed Colin. I wonder if we can get a server from down under? When they refer to the grid going down the other question is this local or planetary?

Myplanet2: Morning Carol. Just reading George Ure's morning update on Urbansurvival.com interesting.

Baggywrinkle: Sol's message is very similar to Ed Dames Kill Shot

Myplanet2: this India deal is really starting to smell bad. Several reports of "whiteish" "blondish" terrorists, in this supposed Pakistani originated attack on India. I doubt it.

Baggywrinkle: wearing BATF jackets no doubt

Myplanet2: The Half past human work is showing some pretty big reactions coming from that situation from now through dec @14 or so. We could be seeing the option on one of their "gettin something started" scenarios being exercised. Morning Baggywrinkle.

Baggywrinkle: Good morning, drinking coffee getting ready to get my butt kicked at work and taking Sol's message with a very large grain of salt

Carol: But it's such a nice butt Baggywrinkle.

Morning Myplanet2. What's his link?

Baggywrinkle: Carol, I found a place for you and your horses... http://www.silohome.com/

Myplanet2: http://www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm
http://www.infowars.com/?p=6222
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5248664.ece

Carol: That looks pricy BW and lots of work.. it was that comment about your butt, wasn't it?

Myplanet2: http://www.infowars.com/?p=6212
Those are the hints I saw, Carol

Carol: Thanks MP2

Myplanet2: I recall a Pakistan/India exchange being one of the triggers to a broader conflict. The Georgia operation not having worked out as planned.

Baggywrinkle:

Myplanet2: And Russia taking steps in the mid east with showing support for Syria. Options are thinning a bit.

Hey BW. Have you seen the first index draft yet that I jotted down in the researcher sub forum?

Baggywrinkle: http://www.sputnikmonroe.com/newimag...oomedcover.jpg

That's a pretty good start... re index

Myplanet2: Thanks. Just go ahead and add whatever you want

Carol: Depressing news MP2. I will spend the day checking out where to buy seeds and get the garden supplies for my aquaponics system. I may spend the day on ebay checking prices there too.

Myplanet2: I see it as grist for the data mill. It seems that virtually all of their attempts to get something started have been thwarted and contained.

Carol: very cute cartoon.. just worked my way down the list of links

Myplanet2: hopefully this one will fizzle out too

Myplanet2: If there really has been a changing of the guard in Washington, and lots of evidence leads that way, then they've got to be desperate to get something going before Jan 20.But there are also several questionable appointments too. So I guess it's wait and see as per usual. hope for the best while preparing for the worst.
And stay mindful of how our input feeds one outcome or another.

I watch what these guys do more so I can revel in their being thwarted, than to feed fear.

Carol, I found a pretty interesting PDF on ventilation that I could send you.

Carol: To be perfectly honest, I just view all of this as distractions to keep folks from focusing on getting ready to go off-grid. It is just a big distraction game.

Myplanet2: I have no link because it just showed up in google search as a PDF

Carol: That would be great.

Myplanet2: I see that aspect too. Where should I send it?

Carol: email

Myplanet2: OK. on it's way

Carol: Thanks

Myplanet2: It's got some diagrams of passive systems-useful info. And goes into condensation. another issue especially of you're thinking about open water in the space. Like a big fish tank.

I also started trying to conceive of some way to have the incoming water drawn through the aquaponics system to oxygenate it. My thoughts are that if you assist the exhaust, air can be drawn into the intake side and in some sort of "u" arrangement, into the tank. A fine screen covering the intake outlet in the tank could spread the air bubbles out throughout the tank.

Just some preliminary thoughts.

Last edited by Carol; 11-29-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #54
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Aloha, I'm costing out food supplies and ran across this site. http://efoodsdirect.com/products.html

Food Storage
800-810-4441

The Freedom Unit Contents $1,682.00
Wheat 6 resealable five gallon buckets (222 lbs) $174
Grain Mill uses low temperature, frictionless milling $259.95
Garden Seed Can Contents $35
Berkey Light Purified Water Filter $100
Air-Aid Emergency Mask $39.95

Total: $2,290.90 plus shipping

Last edited by Carol; 11-29-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #55
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

2/5/10

Well today was amazing. I actually learned how to use a smoker in this incredible bee keeping course taught by someone who makes the most healthful delicious honey. At first, when I was stuffing pine needles into the smoker I was worried about getting it started and keeping it going. Inwardly, I was thinking 'I'm going to flunk getting the smoker going 101'. However, once it was going it worked great. Of course my husband had removed my boots from the truck so with clogs, socks and ties around ankles of the bee keeping suit, wide brim netted hat, and gloves that go up to the elbows ! we all trekked out to the hives for our lesson on how to open it up, use the smoker, lift out panels filled with bees to check for honey and such. We saw a baby bee being born as she crawled out of her little space and start to work.

Bees vibrate at a really high frequency and are very sensitive. As we had the top off of their hive they were getting agitated so it was time for more smoke to help calm them down. When bees smell smoke they think there is a fire so they tend to go down into the hive to suck up honey to take out to a safe place. Weighted down with honey makes the bees heavy and slow.

This was really the first day the 10 of us were out working the hives and there is so much to learn... yet so worthwhile. Everyone likes something sweet. With honey one can also make mead. With the wax make candles and replace the honeycomb panels inside the hive. One can also collect pollen to eat or save later to give back to the bees. Bees truly are fascinating creatures.

Our group is in the process of forming a little collective of about 20 of us who will be doing beekeeping so that we share expenses and costs by shipping our orders together.

And those folks who are doing this are also very interesting because it takes a certain type of person to go beyond fear of being stung to do something like this.

Last edited by Carol; 02-06-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:43 AM   #56
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

one of my customers came last friday, to get product

he lives on a farm, they were about to convert an old out building
on his family farm, that hasn't been used by anyone in the past 40 years
(except, when they tried to get into the building)
they were amased, but, there where
lots and lots and, lots of bees)
and, guess what - the bees, have completely taken it over
there's enough honey in there to put someone in business,
for the next 40 years - honey, apparently, does NOT spoil

looks like he has a ready made-organic bee farm

along with supplies to make candles, etc.,
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:46 AM   #57
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Hi Susan glad you're here.

How kwel is that! Honey and candles make great bartering items. I was just checking out wicks on another forum and bees wax candles smell so good.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #58
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Come friends .. let's sit around Carol's stove as the storm is raging in Avalon .
Let's gather and share a last cup of tea while warming each other with
our stories.
Mine is one of a long friendship with you all .
As I opened Avalon's gates the joy to find you here has been tremendous.
It always felt to me like finding my soul family here.This has been a proven fact all along.
You have helped me open my heart and it's thousand petals .
My life has become richer from coming to know you better as time went by.
I'll miss you more than I can say .
We shared so many things together .
The love we created is much stronger than the current dissents .
This is what I will carry in my heart from now on when my thoughts will drift
over the old Avalon .
I know our paths will cross again for this was not the first time we met and it won't be the last one either.
Time is running now and my last chance to tell you I Love and appreciate all of you I take now .

Bless you all
May you walk in beauty and the Light guide your steps .
Until we meet again hugs for you

mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #59
ellie
Avalon Senior Member

Now you Mudra, dear sweet inspirational soul you are, are the real deal in my honest opinion.

Enlightenment is what I would say you are to me.
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #60
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you Mudra for the link. Sorry to hear you're leaving - I will not say goodbye as I shall keep in touch with you through rhythm.
gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #61
rosie
Avalon Senior Member

As doors close, and others open, one thing is for sure, love will always prevail,
with Mudra leaving, the love she has opened here, will not close, only get bigger.

I ride storms very well, one of my better qualities they say, but I find riding this storm a tough one, as I sense a dividing, where there need not to be.

Time can be our friend or enemy, and can be filled with love, or uncertainty, we need to choose well now.

As I sit here, having a cup around the pot belly stove, I remind myself that no matter what, we have time, an eternity, to love and learn the secrets of this universe of ours.

love & light
rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #62
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

we'll all be in touch...so don't be sad...
here is my e-mail for all interested
burgundia4@poczta.onet.pl
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #63
Malaros
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for starting this thread.

Today I went to town to get a bin. There was a market for local producers so I bought some foccacia bread and black pudding. Yum yum.

I am listening to Poetics by Aristotle on my mp3 player. It is because I am still trying to educate myself in the Trivium - the arts of grammar, logic and rhetoric. I am finding it life changing.

It was sunny until recently. It is now overcast.

I am going to do some work now.
Malaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #64
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you Mudra for reminding us of this beautiful thread.

Much love to you, and wishing you all the best.

Take Care,

Love,

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #65
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Nice gathering, Carol. Nothing like being around the fireplace to talk story.

But even if we don't get the chance to share the cup of tea and look into one another's eyes,
I'll see you in light.

Love,
Bushycat

Last edited by bushycat; 03-15-2010 at 10:33 PM.
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #66
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Just listening to 'Everything' by Alanis Morrisette, while reading this last post.

And I quote...

"You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here"

As for me, love never dies. So there are no goodbyes in that sense, only partings of the ways.

The fire is the centre of the community. So it may seem surprising to some that we have not spent more time around one.

I went to see Embercombe today in Devon, Uk... A community of sustainable living. Some say "Tree hugging hippy-cr*p" (to quote Cartman from South Park) is not where it's at, but then neither is pointelss name-calling and specultation over which brand of toilet paper Avalon is now using.

Peace. There is no need for anything to be anything other than it is. How can we argue with reality?

So in my heart, there can only be gratitude for the things I love and the experiences I've been blessed with.

I am grateful to you Mudra, for showing your consitent approach, and your presence here.

We will do well to remember that it is people and fires that make a community.

I hope most of us will be lucky enough to find ourselves in a true community one day.

Blessings and peace,

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #67
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

This indeed is one of my favorite threads. I hear the coffee grinder in the background and know a good cup of fragrant coffee is soon at hand. This morning my husband walked in holding an old gourd I had grown a couple of years ago. Actually around the time Avalon started. I forgotten about it and had tossed it off to the side of the guava tree. This morning he brings it in and the side has a small hole that looks as if a baby chick had pecked it open, only instead, there was a beautiful vine that was growing out of it. New life, green and beautiful. Two of our hens started brooding this last week and have 7 eggs under them each. Again new life.

This past week with everything going on has been very sad for me. In fact, when I realized just exactly what was happening (as of last Thursday), I was stunned. This forum has been an amazing adventure with incredible people from all over the globe. Where else could we have all met and shared such heart opening experiences? Indeed, we have had our challenges, just as Bill and Kerry have had their challenges. I does sadden me that the doors are closing as I and many others have invested hours and hours of our time and heart-felt energy here.

These past few weeks my whole intention and attention has been on getting a ground/dirt garden prepared. As I hate dirt gardening you have no idea what a challenge this has been. The first time I tried the dirt and grew potatoes I ended up with weeds as tall if not taller than I am. Then we had to start over and I said, SCREW THIS and decided to to cover up the dirt with weed cloth and do the garden in small containers. Again, this requires constant watering (containers are small), not too much weeding and fertilizing. Again, I'm such a failure at this whole fertilize on a regular schedule and watering when.. thinking the dirt holds water forgetting smaller containers need watering frequently. Needless to say it was time to look at another way to get a ground garden going for those plants and veggies that need something to grow in.

Currently the blueberries look sad, very sad and the bell pepper plants need help along with the rhubarb. Needless to say after more then two years its time to get on the stick and figure out how to do this successfully.

Ahh, the coffee is here. hmmm, good.

So now the storms have been brewing.. on Avalon and outside, but we still need to find ways to nourish ourselves.

Back to the problems at hand. After a visit to a friend, she showed me how she had built this huge wooden container - maybe 16 to 20 feet long, 4 feet wide and at least 2 feet deep. It was filled with beautiful produce they had grown from seed. I have to say I was inspired. She shared how her husband had conditioned the soil and believe me the results just would make you all drool.

Okay, back to the internet for more research and the purchase of multiple garden books However, while researching what type of garden books to purchase I ran across this lasagna method of soil prep that looked pretty good to me. Basically it was layering peat moss , grass clipping or green stuff (I used alfalfa for the nitrogen), manure over a few times until it reaches 24 inches. Newspaper is suppose to be the first layer but we used cardboard to keep the grass from growing up and letting the worms to have something to feast on.

Anyway, I drew up some plans for the container layout and decided on a L shape in full sunlight. The containers were 8 feet long, 3 feet wide and 2 feet deep using 8'x12"x2". We purchased the wood and put it in the horse trailer to bring home. Those suckers weighed a ton. The previous weekends we had to build a fence to keep the chickens out and just used 5 foot stakes and wire fencing.

As the area was on a sloping hillside there were other challenges with digging out the areas for the various boxes and terracing them down to the large triangular box in the corner. Digging in dirt is back breaking work, but the various storms and rain made the soil soft. (Much like how we are being softening up here on the forum.) We finally got the boxes built and nailed re-enforcing the ends and sides to hold the dirt. (Kind of what the mods have to to when working the forum with various problems that surface.)

Yesterday, after many hours we finally got the last box completed. We could finally begin to fill them using a method that allows the materials to compost itself so I wouldn't have to remember to fertilize every month. This container has no dirt in it. We did all of this in the course of moving the horses around, giving the dog a flea bath and then next, pouring peat moss over the cardboard and draining the duck pond water over it all. Then came the layer of hay and layer chicken poop over it. Blech... reminded me of the poop that has been flying around here lately only this stuff have that very sour smell to go along with it. It was icky stuff. And then it was time to go gather up composting horse poop and not composted horse poop. Each layer needed to be watered down and leveled out.

By the end of the day, tired, stinky and achy I come in to relax and see what is going on with the forum and am stunned with how swiftly the changes are occurring and how folks are just spinning from their core center trying to figure out what on earth is going on and is there a place for them somewhere in the midst of all of this and what is it.

I too have been grieving as I realized my angel thread would be closed. This was the thread I put my heart and soul into and would search on threads and the net for images to add to it. And then I realized with the forum closed all of the amazing images that have been posted on the individual profile pages and in people's personal albums will all be lost. All of it as if it were never there. I felt so profoundly sad. All those lovely images were the love being shared among the members toward each other. All of those images represent the positive intention and force of this membership in action. And then I had this scathingly brilliant idea. But I need your help. I need everyone's help to do this if we hope to be successful. I want us to remember us as we are and what we have done together during this time in this special space. I want us to create an Avalon album from our profile pages to leave for posterity. To leave for those who were here and those who follow.

I would wish and request that each person search through their profile page and post what messages and images sang to their heart.. and uplifted their spirit givng credit to those souls who took the time to reach out and touch their spirit. I would like our Avalon album to include links to our individual members and other forums they visit. By now we know that there will be 3 spinoff forums from here (Project Light Warrior/Kerry; Avalon 2/Bill and Avalon Mist/avalon members). There may be more forums but it will never be the the same. I've already been through this with GLP and other places. You see, the garden we planted here is like my gourd. Some of it was hidden only to be discovered that something amazing happened when no one was looking. New life.

So please, please help me remember all of you. Please come together for this special project by posting images, special messages on our Avalon membership album. I will start in in the Spirituality forum because after all, we are true sisters and brothers in spirit and of one family. So my friends.. come join me in a cuppa and share a bit of your treasures with us to have and to hold in our hearts when the doors close to this lovely, lovely space.

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...863#post256863

Last edited by Carol; 03-14-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #68
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Ah, home at last! Darn it’s been a tough summer hasn’t it? (Winter for you northern hemisphere folks).

Carol, THIS is PA, in every sense of the word. Right enough of that.

Just to let you know who/where/what I am, in between the foolery, the rants and raves, I am just an average Joe, who loves his family. I have 3 boys and an incredible soul mate/partner/wife. (I may share the story of our meeting on day, quite interesting).
Currently I am involved in a project that keeps me far from home for 5 weeks at a time with a one week break between. This is not ideal but one has to do what is necessary to keep food on the table and a roof over-head.
As I write this in word to copy and paste to Avalon when done, the office around me buzzes with multinationals all in a similar predicament to me. We are for the most part all expats on an island building a nickel refinery and plant, complete with port facilities. There are a substantial number of locals here too. If I knew how I would post a few pics, (any ideas?) the project is huge and will most likely end up costing in the region of 4.5 Billion $’s.
The irony is that whilst being stuck in “paradise” on this tropical Island, we are confined to camp purely out of the company not wanting us to use their vehicles. Oh, you can BUY one and use it and go anywhere but costs here are rather prohibitive.
The mine itself sits atop a massif and we have to build a conveyor of approximately 16 Km’s (10 miles) all the way down the mountain to the facility. Well, that is part of what I am in control of anyway, however there is lots more.
My part in this? I am a planning engineer. Do I like what I do? Not anymore, I used to love it but things have changed. I think the “things” that have changed are in the main the way I think and see things these days.
The island is sort of a miniature New Zealand in aspect but a LOT warmer. The warmth factor has knocked my health for a 6 (cricket term for our American friends…meaning out of bounds, maximum score) and I have had a torrid time of it for the last 2 weeks. I need some of that natural honey being spoken about with fresh lemon, yes that would do the trick.

More later……thanks for the splendid company around the stove…..

Love

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #69
Nenuphar
Avalon Senior Member

I love this thread! Thank you!

Put another log on the fire, and I take my coffee with a bit of sugar and lots of milk!

It's a sunny, mild day in northern British Columbia. Our Spring came early this year. I am so grateful, the sun feels fantastic. Our winters here are long and get pretty darn dreary and cold. (My record for "walking to work in unreasonable weather" happened several winters ago, in -55 degree temps. Arrived with iced up eyelashes and frostbite on my nose. Not something I will do again!)

I was feeling homesick this morning (though I've lived here for almost 11 years, I am from Nova Scotia, and still think of it as Home). So out I went this morning, with my cup of tea, to sit on the front doorstep in the sun and listen to the birds. Even *they* are happy it's Spring. Very peaceful. I did some clearing out of the flower beds (as much as I could...the ground is still frozen *L*) and then started some seeds indoors, in our plant room, to put in the garden this summer. (Things I've never tried: eggplant, chocolate peppers, celery, and silvercup flowers. We have a short growing season, but I am optimistic. Fingers crossed!)

...odds and ends...am enjoying my new business, though also missing the students (and, I admit, the regular pay cheque) from my old job...craving a cafe au lait, now that we've mentioned cozy conversation and coffee...broke out the juicer this morning and made carrot/celery/lemon juice, it's like drinking liquid sunshine...wondering, with some dismay, how to rid myself of the winter hibernation weight I have put on ...love getting to know people on this forum in a more personal, down-to-earth way, so please keep these posts coming.

Have a great week, everyone!

Nenuphar
Nenuphar is offline   Reply With Quote