Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default "Gaia"

I've noticed that some members say "Gaia" instead of "earth" or "Earth." I've always wondered about this and today I finally made time to research a little bit on this topic.

Wikipedia says the Gaia Movement is a network of organizations that are focused on sustainable practices. After reading that, right away I see a .

I'm talking about the term "sustainable development," which is a buzzword used by the United Nations Agenda 21 program - a wolf in sheep's clothing - and the subject of another thread. I'm also talking about "a network of organizations," which makes me think about Alan Watt's warning about the non-governmental agencies (NGOs) that serve as front groups for the New World Order controllers - the subject of yet another thread.

Also in Wikipedia it says that James Lovelock is known for proposing the Gaia hypothesis, in which he postulates that the Earth functions as a kind of superorganism. I looked up "James Lovelock" because I thought I remembered Alan Watt talking about him in relation to the con of "global warming." A google search brought up one of Alan's transcripts, where he says, "Now, here's an article here from the New Scientist 23rd of January 2009 and it's from one of their clones, I call these people ‘clones’ because they're interchangeable with their mantras about the global warming. They've really fed themselves very-very well and lucratively by pushing these mantras on society and they're interchangeable because they all give the same spiel, the same spiel on any topic, they're all identical with what they see and what they say, regardless of where they're born or what country they're in.

"This is from James Lovelock, this is the guy who dreamed up the Gaia Theory, at least he's given the credit for it; and he's made his living on this whole thing - and no doubt - he's being pushed by the big Foundations, the same old boys, you know who they are. It says here:

"With his 90th birthday in July,

"I bet he's not eating GMO food.

"a trip into space scheduled for later in the year and a new book out next month,

"Probably ghost written.

"2009 promises to be an exciting time for James Lovelock. But the originator of the Gaia theory, which describes Earth as a self-regulating planet, has a stark view of the future of humanity. He tells Gaia Vince

"Who's Gaia Vince? Gaia Vince eh?!

"we have one last chance to save ourselves - and it has nothing to do with nuclear power.

"It says here:

"Your work on atmospheric chlorofluorocarbons led eventually to a global CFC ban that saved us from ozone-layer depletion.

"Now, that was utter nonsense to start with..."

All of this makes me think of the expression "New Age ****" that Stewart uses when he is asked about crop circles, channeling, and ETs coming to save us...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Default Re: "Gaia"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Gaia meaning "land" or "earth", is from the Ancient Greek Gća or Gea.
Gaia is a primordial deity in the Ancient Greek pantheon and considered a Mother Goddess or Great Goddess.
Her equivalent in the Roman Pantheon was Terra Mater or Tellus. Romans, unlike Greeks, did not consistently distinguish an Earth goddess (Tellus) from a grain goddess (Ceres)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_%28mythology%29

Now, as for the Gaia Hypothesis which i know longer just believe but actually feel is absolutely true.

The Gaia hypothesis is an ecological hypothesis proposing that the biosphere and the physical components of the Earth (atmosphere, cryosphere, hydrosphere and lithosphere) are closely integrated to form a complex interacting system that maintains the climatic and biogeochemical conditions on Earth in a preferred homeostasis. Originally proposed by James Lovelock as the earth feedback hypothesis, it was named the Gaia Hypothesis after the Greek supreme goddess of Earth. The hypothesis is frequently described as viewing the Earth as a single organism. Lovelock and other supporters of the idea now call it Gaia theory, regarding it as a scientific theory and not mere hypothesis, since they believe it has passed predictive tests.

http://www.jameslovelock.org

If one were to step outside the proverbial box and really look at the the lovelock's theory with not only an open mind but an open heart as well, you will feel the truth in it.
Every thing on this planet, from the tiniest grain of sand to Mt Everest is part of the living organism that is Gaia, our mother. Even the creations we make, steel, concrete, etc, all are born from what she gives us and therefore are part of the body of Gaia.

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

Walt Whittman called it the oversoul...
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:09 AM   #4
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
James Lovelock
From the Wikipedia article on James Lovelock, the following is an interesting quote from his book The Revenge of Gaia:

"A television interviewer once asked me, 'But what about nuclear waste? Will it not poison the whole biosphere and persist for millions of years?' I knew this to be a nightmare fantasy wholly without substance in the real world... One of the striking things about places heavily contaminated by radioactive nuclides is the richness of their wildlife. This is true of the land around Chernobyl, the bomb test sites of the Pacific, and areas near the United States' Savannah River nuclear weapons plant of the Second World War. Wild plants and animals do not perceive radiation as dangerous, and any slight reduction it may cause in their lifespans is far less a hazard than is the presence of people and their pets... I find it sad, but all too human, that there are vast bureaucracies concerned about nuclear waste, huge organisations devoted to decommissioning power stations, but nothing comparable to deal with that truly malign waste, carbon dioxide."
Old 02-03-2010, 01:55 AM   #5
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Gaia as a higher dimensional version of Earth:

Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:56 AM   #6
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Changing the angular rotation of particle spin is how you shift between dimensions..
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

I also think that Humans are part of the ecosystem, and that all that we do affects our environmet

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

I googled "Gaia and the New World Order."

Among the search results was a blurb from a BlogTalkRadio show:

"Gaia Religion; The Green Religion & the New World Order False Religion

The Gaia Religion or Green Religion is the New World Order's one world religion by teaching everyone Humanism and that the earth is ONE living creature that we are all part of and that worshipping the earth by means of the environmental actions being put into place. The Global Biodiversity Assessment given to the U.N. touts this religion and condemns Christians as the problem behind global climate change theory...Listen to our episode from 10/17/09 on this topic as well as the New Age Religion's "Ark of Hope" which is a mock Ark of the Covenant from the Bible..."

I, personally, am not interested in participating in a religious debate defending Christianity. I believe that God does not have a religion.

However, I am concerned about a new one world religion being promoted by the United Nations, using the Gaia Theory as its foundation.

Tags
"sustainability", gaia, new age