Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 11-15-2008, 02:41 AM   #176
historycircus

Default Re: Capitalism, Sustainability, and the Possibility of Global Collapse

If you like what you read here, I recommend you read this other thread. I just contributed to it, and Heretic is asking us worthwhile questions to consider:

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ed=1#post80142
Old 11-19-2008, 05:19 AM   #177
historycircus

I think Obama, like a lot of others, believes in Capitalism, and yeah, he is probably going to waste a great many of those first days in office trying to fix it. I know he supports a GM bailout, but that is because he needs Union support - what's another TWENTY FIVE BILLION DOLLARS, huh?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:32 AM   #178
Mr X
Project Camelot Witness

I got a good scenario for those in the US, like me....The government takes MY tax money, GIVES it to the bank, then the bank DENIES me from borrowing it back with interest. How the &%^#@ does that equate? I'm tired of the government handing out my money and then not letting me have it back.

I don't know how much longer the sheeple can take this madness.
Mr X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #179
historycircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
I got a good scenario for those in the US, like me....The government takes MY tax money, GIVES it to the bank, then the bank DENIES me from borrowing it back with interest. How the &%^#@ does that equate? I'm tired of the government handing out my money and then not letting me have it back.

I don't know how much longer the sheeple can take this madness.
Welcome Mr. X,

Your frustration is being amplified throughout the western world, and I understand completely. The banks who are guilty of criminal behavior are going to get their bailout, despite their bad behavior. The auto industry will get their bailout, despite their own failure to recognize that four dollar a gallon gasoline might make buying that new SUV an unattractive prospect for potential new car buyers, and their lobbying fight in D.C. to prevent better fuel efficiency laws. Credit Card companies now have their hands out, and did you hear Master Card will soon become an investment bank?

But the people who took out bad mortages, racked up credit card debt, and will lose their jobs will get nothing. They are the one who will be expected to suck it up and show some "personal responsibility," while Wall Street - the ones who promoted such bad behavior - will be cashing their welfare checks from the government.

I am so angry just thinking about it, I'm cutting my post short.

Peace
Old 11-23-2008, 11:19 PM   #180
historycircus

Capitalism, FOX, and Reality TV

The FOX information control and manipulation corporation has an "entertainment" arm that has given us such wonderful treasures as "American Idol," "Paradise Island," and who could forget the television masterpiece, "Hole in the Wall"? In this tradition of excellence, they are about to debut their new endeavor, "The Secret Millionaire." The premise of the show is relatively simple: A millionaire lives and works amongst the working class for a week, and then picks the person most "deserving" (this is the actual word FOX is using in the previews) to get a monetary prize from said millionaire when he reveals his true identity. How noble of FOX! How philanthropic! What a wonderful thing to do for hard working poor people - give them money as a reward for the outward expression of morality and camaraderie! Can FOX save the world?

By now, dear reader, you may have detected the slight hint of sarcasm, which is odd, because the sarcasm should jump out and slap you around a little. How could such a seemingly innocent act of goodness be interpreted as anything but benevolent? As humanitarian?

The psychology upon which the show is based is a damaged one - it reinforces debased cultural norms as just that: normal. It is perfectly acceptable in our society to wear down the body and let the intellect stagnate for the procurement of meager amounts of capital that essentially only allows for the person to exist - to barely "make ends meet." We wil probably be introduced to characters that have attempted to alleviate such economic pressures with credit cards and debt economics. The "Average American" will be a hard working, barely surviving, debt saddled individual, but with a "heart of gold." The ugliness of it all, however, will be obscurred by the prospect of someone "good" being rewarded with a one way ticket out of American economic hell. We'll be distracted from the big picture as if we were marks in a televised game of three-card-monty.

Then, it will be reinforced, that it is only natural for the poor to want more. Who wouldn't? Beans and weenies versus lobster, right? Economic aspiration - the accumulation of wealth - is the good capitalist way, right? Forget that class is the primary (but not only) social division between Americans today. As a culture we have made great strides in defeating the negative "-isms" of our past: racism (or more accurately, ethnic differences), sexism, religious differences of all stripes. But class remains the dominant organizational paradigm for our society. Thus, what makes "Secret Millionaire" so novel is that a millionaire would mix with the working class so, but never forget, at the end of the show, the millionaire will "rescue" his new found buddies from their harsh economic circumstances. That someone would need "rescuing" from one of the fundamental laws of our economic system (wealth will accumulate in only a small percentage of the system) should make Americans angry, but alas, they will only clap.

Then there is the issue of morality. Most religions and spiritual systems equate morality with sacrifice. Being moral is often not easy, nor profitable. It is telling that this show will reward it with money, the ultimate tool of corruption. If you're good, you get paid. Miracles will happen for those who are unsatisfied with their lot, so long as they keep feeding the system that exploits their desperation and desires. My fear is that America will say: "awe, that was nice," and then get up at 5:30 the next morning, trudge to their 10 hours of lever pulling down at the cannery, all the while dreaming that the person who moves into that foreclosed home next door pulls up in a moving van that says FOX on the side.

If we are to survive as a nation, but more importantly, as a species, we will need to transform our world into one that sees philanthropy as a failure of the very system itself. Philanthropy such as this is like Morphine, it makes you feel good, but only masks the pain - making one either not feel, or not care, about the real problem. And to televise it is sheer psychological vulgarity, and is proof that there really was not a philanthropic spirit in the development of this show in the first place.

Shame on FOX. Again.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:18 AM   #181
Kly
Avalon Senior Member

If the grocery stores close and the system goes down.. are you kidding?

Besides there is good reason to believe this is planned chaos so we will be shooting and robbing in the streets so marshal law can be enforced.

Have you talked to people about this? I have and many of them say they are willing to shoot any person approaching their home for fear of theft. And that is exactly what will happen.

A friend of mine told me last year that he personally knows someone who was with Bush 1 on airforce 1 during his last campaign and he told my friend that there will be blood flowing in the streets of America by 2009.

You will have to take my word on that last statement as I can not give you names.

These are serious times we are facing and the biggest problem is that it is not a level playing field, there are those forces that desire this to happen. This is planned so it could be Mad Max time.

A hungry man
with a gun in his hand
will not ask where your head's at
or where you stand...
Kly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #182
historycircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kly View Post
If the grocery stores close and the system goes down.. are you kidding?

Besides there is good reason to believe this is planned chaos so we will be shooting and robbing in the streets so marshal law can be enforced.

Have you talked to people about this? I have and many of them say they are willing to shoot any person approaching their home for fear of theft. And that is exactly what will happen.

A friend of mine told me last year that he personally knows someone who was with Bush 1 on airforce 1 during his last campaign and he told my friend that there will be blood flowing in the streets of America by 2009.

You will have to take my word on that last statement as I can not give you names.

These are serious times we are facing and the biggest problem is that it is not a level playing field, there are those forces that desire this to happen. This is planned so it could be Mad Max time.

A hungry man
with a gun in his hand
will not ask where your head's at
or where you stand...
Hi K, and welcome to the thread,

There are several good reasons to "believe" a scenario like that, but I want something more tangible than "belief;" real, definite proof for the engineered economic and social collapse, all for the sake of martial law, does not make sense from a rational point of view. The government could do all that nasty stuff relatively unopposed right this very minute - a few militia groups here and there would emerge, but they would be easily crushed. Why wait for rioting, and when people are mad - take them by surprise! Right now! But they haven't, and given the control they already have over us, I don't see them rocking the boat - they are trying to fix the system as is BECAUSE it is ultimate control, not trying to crash it for more.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:50 AM   #183
historycircus

"Brother, can you spare $34 billion?"

If the current meetings between the U.S. auto industry and Congress are not indicative of economic manipulation, I don't know what is. The "outrage" the media was prodding us to feel a mere two weeks ago is transforming into "sympathy" as we watch it all, and do nothing. As if driving a hybrid to the meeting was anything more than an inconvenience. Make no mistake, they will get their money - Congress gave in thrice to corporate demands over the last two months (AIG, Freddie and Fannie, and the bailout), and will give in again. Forget that pyramid at the top for the moment, and think about those layers close to it. I'm guessing that is where the U.S. Congress ranks, and make no mistake, most want a promotion - especially this close to the "end" (however you want to define it is fine by me). Anyway, Congress will do what they are told, and the auto pageant will be complete. Orchestration at its finest. And shame on all those who don't publicly act against it.

And its all right out there for everyone to see.