Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default We had an earthquake today!

Hi everybody,

The Northeast of Brazil had an earthquake today. It was 3.8 at the epicenter and no major damage was caused.

I tell you this because we are not on any fault lines down here.

http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Brasil/...6-5598,00.html

Best regards,

Steve
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: We had an earthquake today!

oy! Un Terremoto!

Pero 3.8 es tan pequeño

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
Myplanet2
In The Mists

So far, I don't know what, if anything, it means, but twice today, I heard a really disturbing low frequency rumbling sound. It was very pronounced but heard and not felt. I immediately thought earth quake somewhere, but haven't seen anything out of the ordinary, and in fact looks kind of quiet for earthquakes today. antipode for my geo would be southwest of Australia in the ocean. The sound was about like distance rolling thunder, but of lower frequency (20 to 25 hz range) and without the sense of distance.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
Bamboo
Avalon Senior Member

Are you sure it wasn't an escola de samba ensaiando para o carnaval?
Ou a turma do vizinho dançando forro....hehehe

Anyway, lucky you Steven A., earthquake or not. Over here we are freezing and getting loads of snow. Would trade places with you in a second.

Bamboo
Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:38 AM   #5
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: We had an earthquake today!

So I heard a rumor that TPTB, might use haarp to increase earthquake activity

to create a false flag doomsday scenario.
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Olá Fredkc,

Pois é, mas o importante é que aconteceu num lugar que não deve acontecer.

Entre nós dois, no Brasil se fala português e não espanhol, mas valeu a intenção de falar uma idioma estrangeira!

Um abraço,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
oy! Un Terremoto!

Pero 3.8 es tan pequeño

Last edited by Steve_A; 01-12-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #7
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Bamboo,

I never thought of that. The carnaval is only a few weeks away.

As you are complaining of the amount of snow, I am of the amount of sun!

I would love to roll around in the snow for a while and throw snowballs!!

I will have to wait untill I renew my passport.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
Are you sure it wasn't an escola de samba ensaiando para o carnaval?
Ou a turma do vizinho dançando forro....hehehe

Anyway, lucky you Steven A., earthquake or not. Over here we are freezing and getting loads of snow. Would trade places with you in a second.

Bamboo
Old 01-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
DoctorWho
Avalon Senior Member

Haiti just got hit with a 7.3 earthquake. Seems that section of Earth from NE Brazil to the Carribean are seeing some heightened seismic activity.
Bill "the Doctor"
DoctorWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #9
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Steve_A;

I looked it up before I posted, most dictionaries say Terremoto is the word in both Portuguese and Castellano.

I did 4 years in an English private school in Concepción, Chile as a kid.

I guess they figured reading, writing, and grammar in English and Spanish was enough Portuguese wasn't on the menu.

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:48 AM   #10
Bamboo
Avalon Senior Member

Terremoto en espanol, terramoto em português, tremblement de terre en Haiti, this time quite a big one. I hate it when nature chastises mainly the poorest of the poors...

Steve A. my passport is ready....let's trade places NOW, please. My old bones can't stand this cold, I sprain at least a muscle a day, shoveling snow, Montreal's snow removal is getting worse every year.
I wasn't made for this...I was born in Goa, my genes are mainly tropical.
So Steve, be a dear, renew your passport asap...Mangoes are ripe e estao esperando por mim.
(oh dear, this fantasy is going too far, I'm actually smelling mangoes)

Um abraço

Bamboo
Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #11
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post

I tell you this because we are not on any fault lines down here.
Over the last few years earthquakes have become more frequent everywhere, even in places where there were no previous fault lines. I have an iGoogle homepage with an USGS Earthquake gadget that shows all the quakes from 2.0 and above worldwide. Since Jan 2008 when I downloaded the gadget earthquakes have increased in frequency and magnitude in hot spots like the Pacific Ring of Fire, where 3.0,4.0 and the occasional 5.0 were common place now they are up to 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 on ave. Also I'm seeing earthquakes in all kinds of strange places....it truly appears the the planet is building up towards an event...

And this is where I find fault with those who say the future is yet undetermined and that our collective conscious can stop future cataclysms associated with 2012. When I see the Earth building up pressure like this where earthquakes are increasing in frequency and intensity, it appears that something else is affecting the planet outside of our consciousness or anything HAARP can do. Could it be an incoming Planet X, Nibiru?

This is the most concrete evidence I've personally seen that something is going on.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:20 AM   #12
fitzy3400
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting. Whatever the cause, this correlates to Wilcock's testimony. It will be interesting to see if this happens more.
fitzy3400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:16 AM   #13
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi AscendingStarseed,

I had a discussion about earthquakes some time ago in these forums. Both peacandlove and I beleive that it could very well be that the increased seismic activity could be caused by extraction from below the Earths' crust, like with oil for example.

Companies are drilling for oil and are not replenishing the cavities they are causing below the surface, leaving plates that were already under a lot of pressure under greater pressure causing them to shift a little bit more.

The thing is, you can't just take and take and take without giving back.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post
Over the last few years earthquakes have become more frequent everywhere, even in places where there were no previous fault lines. I have an iGoogle homepage with an USGS Earthquake gadget that shows all the quakes from 2.0 and above worldwide. Since Jan 2008 when I downloaded the gadget earthquakes have increased in frequency and magnitude in hot spots like the Pacific Ring of Fire, where 3.0,4.0 and the occasional 5.0 were common place now they are up to 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 on ave. Also I'm seeing earthquakes in all kinds of strange places....it truly appears the the planet is building up towards an event...

And this is where I find fault with those who say the future is yet undetermined and that our collective conscious can stop future cataclysms associated with 2012. When I see the Earth building up pressure like this where earthquakes are increasing in frequency and intensity, it appears that something else is affecting the planet outside of our consciousness or anything HAARP can do. Could it be an incoming Planet X, Nibiru?

This is the most concrete evidence I've personally seen that something is going on.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #14
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

First, please let me send my love to all affected by this tragic event

Second:
Hi AscendingStarseed,

I had a discussion about earthquakes some time ago in these forums. Both peacandlove and I beleive that it could very well be that the increased seismic activity could be caused by extraction from below the Earths' crust, like with oil for example.

Companies are drilling for oil and are not replenishing the cavities they are causing below the surface, leaving plates that were already under a lot of pressure under greater pressure causing them to shift a little bit more.

The thing is, you can't just take and take and take without giving back.

Best regards,

Steve

There is a name for this type of event - "Anthropogenic earthquakes can be caused by drilling for fossil fuels, extraction of minerals, huge explosions, and the collapse of large buildings. "

http://sos.noaa.gov/datasets/Land/earthquake.html

"Working with BP, the Transocean crews on the Deepwater Horizon drilled the well to 35,050 vertical depth and 35,055 feet measured depth (MD), or more than six miles, while operating in 4,130 feet of water."

Link to the company that currently operates the deepest well

http://www.deepwater.com/fw/main/Glo...rations-8.html

Information on Geothermal Drilling
http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...ng-earthquakes

Any thoughts on where another quake may occur from this type of drilling? I wonder what other faults may be at risk?

http://geology.com/usgs/new-madrid-seismic-zone/

El

Last edited by 5thElement; 01-13-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling & additional info
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote