Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Have just had my facebook account shut down posting Dr Greer's Obamma email

I'm flabbagasted .... how far does the censureship go?? I was in the middle of a heated debate with a sceptic friend on Facebook and I cout and pasted Steven Greer's open letter to Obamma that was posted on the net last year and next thing....big alarm bells and I was instantly disabled and told the material was offensive bla bla .... what the F.....? Is this some kind of petty burocratic mistake with Key words ? or serious censership does any one know???? or had similer experiances????
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Have just had my facebook account shut down posting Dr Greer's Obamma email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
I'm flabbagasted .... how far does the censureship go?? I was in the middle of a heated debate with a sceptic friend on Facebook and I cout and pasted Steven Greer's open letter to Obamma that was posted on the net last year and next thing....big alarm bells and I was instantly disabled and told the material was offensive bla bla .... what the F.....? Is this some kind of petty burocratic mistake with Key words ? or serious censership does any one know???? or had similer experiances????

Hey joine the club...............I got booted too for posting the video of the vet that was disclosing how many military men and women are AWOL

I have had many weird things happening to me also but I won't let them shut me up.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
Snowbird
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Have just had my facebook account shut down posting Dr Greer's Obamma email

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntruthseeker View Post
Hey joine the club...............

I have had many weird things happening to me also but I won't let them shut me up.
Very, very ditto!!!!!
Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
monique
Avalon Senior Member

Antonia, here, in south of south america, a judge censorship and close a site of a newspaperman who write about the corruption of politicians from my city ... bad, very bad the reproach in the internet !!!!!!!!! Monique.
monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #5
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

On a different thread someone wrote about taking back ownership of the media. Personally I think that the internet is "the media" and that we need to take back ownership of THIS media.
Let the newspapers do what they do I could care less, but we need the internet free, free from everything especially ownership by the goons.

This is just the beginning, they want to shut down ALL free thought and expression and they won't stop until we do something about it.

The internet market is HUGE, if we all stopped using it to trade and barter, they would lose their revenue and would have to rethink how they "do business". After all, it is the masses who own the net, and not the few who wish to be king. We can topple them if we were of a mind. What if everybody decided to shut down their facebook accounts in protest? They would mess their trousers because they earn a LOT of revenue from that.

WE HAVE THE POWER, BUT DO WE HAVE THE WILL?

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:27 AM   #6
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Exactly Zeddo

I stopped going to certain sites so as I wouldn't drag the "dirt" with me from facebook

I managed to get up there but under a different email............just to continue on with my postings to heck with them
Old 02-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #7
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member

have just opened up a new account on face book, Toni Leslie, my nick name for real... any way now that I've done it I've lost all interest in going and notifieng all my old Facebook friends.... I'll have fun tomorrow attempting to re post the offending e-mail... Ill have to play around and take out words like Obamma and sensitive info etc and see if it goes through or if I get the " No No None of that here" squad on my case again...hmmmmm
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:11 AM   #8
carriblu
Avalon Senior Member

watch out, soon they'll be calling you guys terrorists
carriblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #9
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Bummer ... I know how it feels ... every now and then I write a reaction to online articles of a dutch newspaper.
They've clearly listed what their house rules are, before you can reply you have to agree to their rules.

But once in a while the reaction is rejected ... they only say it's in conflict with their house rules. They won't tell you
which one and why .... But I have my doubts ... when rereading my reaction I cannot find any violation to their rules.
It's just because the topic must be too hot ...

I even considered this week to open a thread and post all my rejected reactions there. This way it becomes clear
what the topics are that are a nono for them ....
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:14 AM   #10
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

hey Operator thats an idea.....I got the craziest letter a few months back from facebook that caused me to re-think of where I go next. I kept it and I should post it up there for all to see what jerks they can be when they want to

Its obvious whats going on
Old 02-03-2010, 03:35 AM   #11
Zenbuoy
Retired Avalon Member

The employees who shut you down are surely reading the stuff here, yes?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 091208.Net.censorship.jpg (12.2 KB, 189 views)
Zenbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:42 AM   #12
Bobbie
Avalon Senior Member

See what happens if you refer to him as the O'man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
have just opened up a new account on face book, Toni Leslie, my nick name for real... any way now that I've done it I've lost all interest in going and notifieng all my old Facebook friends.... I'll have fun tomorrow attempting to re post the offending e-mail... Ill have to play around and take out words like Obamma and sensitive info etc and see if it goes through or if I get the " No No None of that here" squad on my case again...hmmmmm
Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #13
Swanny
I dont need a label !

When I send messages I have to put in security check words, none of my friends have to do this
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #14
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
When I send messages I have to put in security check words, none of my friends have to do this
sounds like maby your computer is not saving the facebook cookies for some reason
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #15
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddo View Post
What if everybody decided to shut down their facebook accounts in protest? They would mess their trousers because they earn a LOT of revenue from that.

WE HAVE THE POWER, BUT DO WE HAVE THE WILL?

Z

I shut down my facebook account months ago because it started to feel like I was part of a corporate data mining experiment. All those stupid apps coming at me got to be really annoying. End of rant

If you are interested in getting involved there is an organization called EFF that does a lot to keep free expression going on the internet: http://www.eff.org
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Just got this message from a friend

Quote:
WARNING!! go to privacy settings, click blocked users and enter automation labs in the name search box, you will see a list of random people who have access to all your account details... block each one seperatly to secure your account again... i had 28!!!
I had them as well
Old 02-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #17
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

Just the last few months I received two emails requests from Facebook to join . I just ignored it . it's not worth talking to them . I always thought that facebook is a dream come true for the spooks organizations on this planet .
Half of the world is concerned about "privacy " and I am on of those . That website creates a surreal situation of unknown people who pretend to be friends . I would never dream to entrust Facebook or any other organization with my personal details . In my situation being a person of special interest to the spooks , it would be a terrible mistake that would open endless possibilities of infiltration .
Sorry to hear about your bad experience Antonia . It seems to me that Facebook behaved exactly according to my lousy expectation of them .
enemyofNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #18
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

I am sorry for you Antonia it must be rather umpleasant for you to go through this experience, I also have had emails and videos deleted from facebook it is getting rather pathetic. The only reason I keep the account is cos family abroad

I think that censorship has always been there and the things that don't get censored normally are in keeping with TPTB agenda...

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #19
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Just got this message from a friend

I had them as well
Looks like it's nonsense
http://www.snopes.com/computer/inter...mationlabs.asp
Old 02-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #20
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

Facebook, Myspace and the like are just monitoring hubs for the PTB. We can not forget that DARPA had the internet way before the populace knew it even exsisted.

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #21
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

unfortunately, I don't find this surprising.
the US government, owns, operates and controls facebook and myspace,
and they have for quite sometime now.

they like to keep track of their children

please don't be fooled in thinking, "they" don't know your every move,
and I mean every! and we make it so easy for them...

they just love how we put every thought and plan on these social networking sites,
they love to see us tweet all day on twitter, they love that we use gps and carry
cell phones with us everywhere, they love us using credit and debit cards...
everything is recordable and traceable, right down to that little box hooked
to your tv and even the HD tv itself, never mind the satellite technology
that can peek right into your windows

I'm not trying to induce an orwellian fear here, this is simply the truth of the
world we live in these days.

and you should be careful, because with a little thing called the "patriot act"
they can get away with anything!

thank god we live in the land of the free?

~ one love ~
illuminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #22
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

^^yup, land of the free, haha

I’m not only amazed at how Goggle map is able to scan the license plates on cars but also the ability to see the make/design/ and color of people clothes walking by…you can literally take a cyber ride thru anyone’s neighborhood. How is this done…do they use cameras on police cruisers? Or is this technology similar to the tech seen in the movies Déjà vu and Minority Report? Amazing and sneaky...not sure if i really like it either...

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #23
Swanny
I dont need a label !

They just drive cars along the roads with multi-direction cameras mounted to the roofs. I have seen them a few times now.

People are worried that facebook won't be free soon. Suits me but I don't think they will ever charge as like has been said they use it for info on all those registered.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #24
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Yes, I have a Facebook account.

That said, I only have it because several friends bothered the hell out of me until I had one. They're still not happy as I only check it about once a month, if that.

If you want my opinion, as an IT guy, here is what I recommend;
Drop Facebook! And drop Myspace!

Instead, just go down to the closest bus depot, and start licking toilet seats.
1. You will probably get fewer viruses.
2. Fewer Spyware bots.
3. You will also probably meet a better class of people.

Plain enuff for ya?

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #25
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

Facebook is connected to CIA people. Do not put anything of real value on that site. You could deemed a "domestic terrorist."

I only use it for games and 'whatcha doing?" post. Nothing more than that.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote