Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Default Toothpaste with no fluoride in it and ClO2

Yes it has stabilised oxygen in the toothpaste!!!! and no fluoride in it!!!!

http://www.periproducts.co.uk/retardex_toothpaste.asp

The award-winning Retardex range of Oral Rinse, Toothpaste and Oral Spray contains a clinically proven* ingredient to eliminate bad breath for at least 8 hours, not just mask it.

Kills bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum problems
Fights plaque
Gently whitens
Recommended by dental professionals
Sugar-free
Safe and effective for everyday use
pH balanced
Fluoride-free
Vegetarian Society approved
Kosher (Rinse and Toothpaste)

I bought this from Tesco's of all places.... stock up before the company is bought out!

* I read the packet and one of the ingredients is Sodium Chlorite which is MMS before you add citric acid...
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Toothpaste with no fluoride in it and ClO2

Thanks CWS! On that link, it tells you right where to go to get it, and I just forund someone in the village next door selling it here! How cool is that!!! Thanks again-elsi
elsinorelore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Connecting with Sauce,

Sodium Chlorite is, basically, bleach.

"Sodium chlorite is the only chlorite salt produced commercially in significant quantities. It is used mainly for the generation of chlorine dioxide in situ for bleaching textiles, in pulp and paper processing, and for disinfection. Sodium chlorite is used in a small number of water treatment plants to generate chlorine dioxide; this may result in low residual concentrations of chlorite in drinking-water."

http://www.inchem.org/documents/iarc...0chlorite.html

The above site forgot to mention toothpaste!

Not trying to change too much the subject of the thread, but here in Brazil I recently complained to Unilever because they appeared to increase the amount of water in their toothpaste.

As we all probably know, toothpastes' main 'active' ingredient is an abrasive, Calcium Carbonate, which we all can remember when we in infant and junior school as chalk. It's the abrasive action of this soft rock that helps get rid of surface plaque, just like Braso does on metals.

Anyway, back to the plot, I noticed that Close - Up toothpaste was less firm on the toothbrush and that I could actually hear the stuff slopping around in the tube when I shook it.

Unilever got back in touch with me and we are organizing a pick up date for them to take the 'evidence' back to their laboratories.

In a different thread we were making some comments about foods that were being modified, mainly due to economic reasons and this could be an opportunity to make a thread of alerts and also recomendations about the day to day products we buy. Just a thought.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecting with Sauce View Post
Yes it has stabilised oxygen in the toothpaste!!!! and no fluoride in it!!!!

http://www.periproducts.co.uk/retardex_toothpaste.asp

The award-winning Retardex range of Oral Rinse, Toothpaste and Oral Spray contains a clinically proven* ingredient to eliminate bad breath for at least 8 hours, not just mask it.

Kills bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum problems
Fights plaque
Gently whitens
Recommended by dental professionals
Sugar-free
Safe and effective for everyday use
pH balanced
Fluoride-free
Vegetarian Society approved
Kosher (Rinse and Toothpaste)

I bought this from Tesco's of all places.... stock up before the company is bought out!

* I read the packet and one of the ingredients is Sodium Chlorite which is MMS before you add citric acid...
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

i dont brush my teeth much lol never have. stopped going to the dentist after coming out from my motheres care.. no fillings never had any tooth problems apart from going to hospital to have my wisdom teeth removed.. i use kingfisher toothpaste when i can be arsed

http://www.kingfishertoothpaste.com/home.html

for those in the uk
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

My main worry about toothpastes is the sodium Fluoride in it...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...+fluoride+mind

There is a guy on youtube who recommends baking soda only and grape seed extract...

MMS is bleach too then as this is the same...

Is this bleach as bad as fluoride if it is in small amounts. I don't want to recommend something if it is bad for you... so post you views...

I'm looking forward to the day when everything we buy is good for you or it is not for sale.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Connecting with Sauce,

The guy is almost right. I'm not too sure about the grape seed extract.

Bleach and fluoride are used for different ends. The bleach to whiten teeth and the fluoride to 'protect' against cavities. If one is more dangerous than the other I don't know. I only know that I haven't died...... yet!

Bicarbonated soda is basically salt and can be found 'gross' or in powder form.
We use it in things like Rennies or other 'tummy' medicines.

Care must be taken when using baking soda when brushing as it is very abrasive and could 'scrub away' the enamel on your teeth leaving your teeth open to be more easily stained if you drink coffee or smoke, so brush gently.

More about Soduim Bicarbonate here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_bicarbonate

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
My main worry about toothpastes is the sodium Fluoride in it...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...+fluoride+mind

There is a guy on youtube who recommends baking soda only and grape seed extract...

MMS is bleach too then as this is the same...

Is this bleach as bad as fluoride if it is in small amounts. I don't want to recommend something if it is bad for you... so post you views...

I'm looking forward to the day when everything we buy is good for you or it is not for sale.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Hi,

Tom's is a popular non-fluoride toothpaste here. When I lived in Saudi Arabia they used sticks that they took a pocket knife to to turn into bristles and rubbed their teeth. They seemed to have healthy teeth. No, I'm not planning on brushing my teeth with a stick, but it was interesting to witness.

The problem with fluoride is that it enhances the metals in your body, and is thought to be a contributing factor to Alzheimer disease. Scientific studies found a higher amount of aluminum in the brains of Alzheimer patient's brains. It is thought that antiperspirants are the main contributing factor for the aluminum getting into the body and the fluoride boosting the affects of the aluminum in the body. My research shows that Prozac is fluoridated Valium.

Studies have shown that people who do not use fluoride have healthier teeth than those who do not. There is no reason to put fluoride in our drinking water.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified Serenity View Post
Hi,

Tom's is a popular non-fluoride toothpaste here. When I lived in Saudi Arabia they used sticks that they took a pocket knife to to turn into bristles and rubbed their teeth. They seemed to have healthy teeth. No, I'm not planning on brushing my teeth with a stick, but it was interesting to witness.

The problem with fluoride is that it enhances the metals in your body, and is thought to be a contributing factor to Alzheimer disease. Scientific studies found a higher amount of aluminum in the brains of Alzheimer patient's brains. It is thought that antiperspirants are the main contributing factor for the aluminum getting into the body and the fluoride boosting the affects of the aluminum in the body. My research shows that Prozac is fluoridated Valium.

Studies have shown that people who do not use fluoride have healthier teeth than those who do not. There is no reason to put fluoride in our drinking water.
Yes but Tom's is in an Aluminium tube, so that isn't good either... I've stopped using that.

Miswak is the stick stuff. I have a tube made with this.

And I'm using retarDEX and the Miswak. I just want to get my pineal gland sorted which it is slowly, I'm getting tingerly feelings on my forehead but these are due to many measures not just toothpaste.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #9
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Yes but Tom's is in an Aluminium tube, so that isn't good either... I've stopped using that.

Miswak is the stick stuff. I have a tube made with this.

And I'm using retarDEX and the Miswak. I just want to get my pineal gland sorted which it is slowly, I'm getting tingerly feelings on my forehead but these are due to many measures not just toothpaste.
Doh... good point on the aluminum tube. How is a tube made of wood? Miswak is a stick or a tube? Nevermind, I looked it up... http://www.dentalhealthsite.com/what-is-miswak/

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Unified Serenity; 07-17-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:40 AM   #10
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

I'm using Durafresh. It's great. Google it.
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #11
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I'm sure toothpaste without fluoride can be found in the types of stores selling health food and organic cosmetics and detergents. I have been using such toothpaste for some time now and there are plenty of different kinds on the market ( I am talking about Poland but I am sure that they can be found everywhere). The lady I buy my stuff from, has at least 6 different types, some of them made in Poland, some of them imported. Look in small stores...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #12
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

I've used Tom's, but for the scenario where there's no store to run to, you can use pure soap. I went to a seminar once by a retire dentist that did a study on using soap to brush your teeth (I forgot his name but he has a book), and he found it leaves your teeth much cleaner than the ordinary tooth paste. I've verified this myself, and now use it regularly. It's cheap, and it is easy to learn to make soap.
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote