Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Surge Protectors Worldwide for the Electrical Power Grid?

Does anyone know anything about this subject?

I got this idea from Camelot's interviews of Dr Bill Deagle. Dr Deagle has said that this is what governments should be doing.

He has said that the biggest concern regarding impending earth changes is a solar mass ejection or even a sunspot (because of problems with the magnetosphere) that will knock out the electrical power grid where it hits the planet.

I worry that measures we as individuals take to prepare for natural or man-made disasters is really not enough at all. That we need to try to get governments to do what is needed for the population at large.

I'm beginning to have hope that consciousness regarding the need for preparedness could begin to take hold in the mainstream - I'm thinking of the success of educating the public about vaccinations and the global warming/carbon tax scam.

Does anyone have information about the possibility of trying to protect the electrical power grid with surge protectors?
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Surge Protectors Worldwide for the Electrical Power Grid?

Hello Seashore. It is a topic I am well aware of. I work since many years for Hydro-Quebec. We have a very large network from production-transport and distribution of electrical power. We have lived in 1989 a EMP of a high magnitude that caused electrical power off for several hours, at some place for several days. Because when you loose your automatic protection, the lines opens by default.

What happened is that the electronic protection of the lines have been affected by the high frequencies and magnitude of the EMP. Since electronic components are made of low DC tension, low DC current, they are fragile when high frequency noise of high magnitude hits them.

EMP from the sun regularly hits the Earth, but in 1989 it was of a singular magnitude. Now, I heard some people (scientists) saying that transformers can heat and burn. It is highly improbable, since transformers are used to work with AC and have very large coils, there capacity for transport and distribution are in MegaVoltAmpere, MVA. If an EMP is able to fry these transformers, we human will have nothing more to worry about because we as well will be toast.

So the danger for a blackout comes from the fragility of the DC electronics protection and measurement. Today, Hydro-Quebec have shielded all electronics for their automatism for protection and measurment of power lines and network.

If a country is not up-to-date to sheild its own electronic protection, than a blackout may occur, but nevertheless, the repairs are not impossible to accomplish in a matters of days.

The type of protection for electronic components are faraday cage like solution. EMP tend to be reflected (bounce) on metals, when they tends to be absorbed (makes molecular structure to vibrate) by non-metal components.

I wouldn't worry too much if you live in a country where the electrical power network is up-to-date with his electronic protection.

If you have more question, feel free to pm me.

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 01-21-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks, Steven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
I wouldn't worry too much if you live in a country where the electrical power network is up-to-date with his electronic protection.
I thought the protection that Dr Deagle is calling for is beyond what is normally in place...

That what's coming from the sun is beyond the capacity of what's in place already...

???
Old 01-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
Thanks, Steven.

I thought the protection that Dr Deagle is calling for is beyond what is normally in place...

That what's coming from the sun is beyond the capacity of what's in place already...

???
Actually, Hydro-Quebec is aware of this scenario. They have silently ensured that all protection is shielded beyond normal expectation. I was part of this double checking a couple years ago. I can not talk for other electrical power company, but I know many informations regarding network stabilities circulate freely between countries and states because of common accords regarding the trade of electrical energy.

If these measures are insufficient to counter an EMP from the sun, then like I said, the magnitude of the EMP would be so high that even our brain would fry. This will not happen, no worry.

As for personal electronic equipment, I suggest to shield them with metal box, or metal double layered foils.

Namaste, Steven
Old 01-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
our brain would fry
The issue of protecting humans - as opposed to the electrical grid and all that goes with it, such as our transportation system - is another topic that needs addressing.

You are using the term "EMP" and have talked about an EMP of a singular magnitude and a blackout.

What about a solar mass ejection? What is the difference between SME and EMP?

Last edited by Seashore; 01-21-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Correct typo
Old 01-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The issue of protecting humans - as opposed to the electrical grid and all that goes with it, such as our transportation system - is another topic that needs addressing.

You are using the term "EMP" and have talked about an EMP of a singular magnitude and a blackout.

What about a solar mass ejection? What is the difference between SME and EMP?
SME can create EMP, like a bomb can too. But the diference is that a SME free an enourmous amount of charged particule in the solar wind on the form of plasma. We artificially create high energy plasma beam following some Tesla's patends. SME occurs frequently and when it reaches Earth, it interact with our magnetosphere, it can disrupt electronic components in satellites, but will not affect large wired AC power components. It mostly affect the magnetosphere.

Now, if we are on the verge of being blasted by such a powerful SME that can cause devastating catastrophe on Earth, I don't think there is much to do as preventing action a part from going underground into metal boxes. And if it causes Earthquake or Tsunami, being underground is the last place to go. Better be in high places and cope with the energy coming. I do not think it will come to that. The sun is a sentient being like Earth and all that is...

Namaste, Steven
Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for your input, Steven!

I have a long way to go in understanding this. But this is a start...
Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
MegaVoltAmpere, MVA. If an EMP is able to fry these transformers, we human will have nothing more to worry about because we as well will be toast.
Gee! Outa my league.
Back in the early 90's I worked on a synchroton project for Loma Linda University Medical Center. The machine produced 250 mEv protons for treatment of cancer. The magnets used to "contain" the proton beam operated on 75 volts @ 300 amps.

One day one of the workers "touched the wrong thing" and ran afoul of said current. the man who tried to "put him out" received burns over 50% of his body. The poor sod who touched it, never knew what happened next.
Somehow I am not sure how excited I want to get about having my "molecular structure vibrate" to a CME

With 8 minutes of warning, I am curious exactly how the "NWO folk" think they are going to get under cover in time.

Then. while the event may only last from seconds, to hours, there is still the next problem. The damage done to earth's magnetoshere, and how long that will take to repair itself. And all the nasty radiation that comes in while that is happening.

All of that, to me, makes the earthquakes, tsunamis, etc seem like a cake walk.

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #9
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

There's the concept of an intervention by ETs to consider.

Are there ETs with technology so advanced that a solar mass ejection could be contended with?

In his November 15, 2009 audio interview with Camelot (Click Here to Download), I understood Dr Deagle to say that there was a possibility of an intervention, but that humanity first had to change its collective attitude. Maybe this is Deagle the self-described descendant of Moses talking and not to be taken seriously - I don't know.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
...Somehow I am not sure how excited I want to get about having my "molecular structure vibrate" to a CME ...
... I don't think such a thing will happen, because first of all, all these apocalyptic predictions have a common point of origin which I beleive is true. The mayan calendar, especially the pyramid of the evolution of consciousness. Because this calendar have a cycle that will end in 2012, many poeple are taging their prediction to this date.

But what does the original mayan calendar says? It does not mention anything about end of the world scenario or catastrophe. It says we will evolve as a race to a level of consciousness where all human will accept and live by the idea that we shape our future from the state of our consciousness.

Large scale catastrophe are result of inner catastrophe present in the consciousness of millions of humans on Earth. Tsunami and Earthquake might very well happen in a near future because of the turmoil artificially created in the humans consciouness. Garbage movies like '2012' is a good example among many that carries this dark mission.

In definitive, we become what we contemplate. We forge our destiny from our own focus.

Namaste, Steven
Old 01-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Steven, as a fellow Quebecoise I am really happy to hear what you had to say about Hydro Quebec. Perhaps from hindsight we can say that we are fortunate that we experienced the '89 blackout and the '92 Ice storm. Our crumpled hydro towers were replaced by much more solid structures and to hear that integral components have been shielded is music to my ears.

Thank you and whenever you have more info regarding all this stuff which I don't truly understand I for one would appreciate reading it. We have heavy duty foil and metal containers stored in the basement. Now all we need is sufficient advance warning!
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:58 AM   #12
Mark Lipschitz
Banned

I've always wondered about this, and maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong here...

But isn't it kind of silly to put your electronics in Faraday cages or otherwise shield them if there isn't going to be any power to run them on?

I mean, the electrical grid isn't set up to withstand a massive EMP or CME. Regardless of where you live I think. So if there is no electricity what is the point of shielding your electronics? You could only use them if they have a battery and after that it is useless.

If there is a EMP event and the grid goes down, it's not going to come back online for a long time. Maybe never. If it's a localized occurrence that is one thing, but if it is global then it is back to the stone age for us.
Mark Lipschitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:36 AM   #13
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
Hi Steven, as a fellow Quebecoise I am really happy to hear what you had to say about Hydro Quebec. Perhaps from hindsight we can say that we are fortunate that we experienced the '89 blackout and the '92 Ice storm. Our crumpled hydro towers were replaced by much more solid structures and to hear that integral components have been shielded is music to my ears.

Thank you and whenever you have more info regarding all this stuff which I don't truly understand I for one would appreciate reading it. We have heavy duty foil and metal containers stored in the basement. Now all we need is sufficient advance warning!
Hello Sunflower. I am also happy to tell you that indeed, we are well prepared for another EMP in Quebec. To say the truth, we had another EMP of high magnitude in 2000, which was measured, but caused nothing on the DC protections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lipschitz View Post
I've always wondered about this, and maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong here...

But isn't it kind of silly to put your electronics in Faraday cages or otherwise shield them if there isn't going to be any power to run them on?

I mean, the electrical grid isn't set up to withstand a massive EMP or CME. Regardless of where you live I think. So if there is no electricity what is the point of shielding your electronics? You could only use them if they have a battery and after that it is useless.

If there is a EMP event and the grid goes down, it's not going to come back online for a long time. Maybe never. If it's a localized occurrence that is one thing, but if it is global then it is back to the stone age for us.
It isn't Mark, because chances are high that DC components will get damaged while Large AC power components like 500MVA transformers would not be affected at all. If it happens, the grid might go down because the protection DC components might fry and the lines "opens" by default when a line loose its protection. The time to repair is not long like it would be if large AC transformers or breakers would break.

So it might be useful if you want to protect your data in your computer or other useful electronic tools you use, because chance are high the power grid will be back online after several hours or a couple days, depending of the state of your electrical power network and the magnitude/time of the EMP.

Once again, EMP will not burn large AC components like transformers or breakers. It might burn some badly shielded electronics, but not AC power grid. If a line goes down, it is not because transformers are fried, but it is because the DC components which monitors and protect the lines with algorithm have been damage. They are easy to replace and repair, much more than a large AC component.

Namaste, Steven
Old 01-22-2010, 03:10 AM   #14
Mark Lipschitz
Banned

Thanks for the info Steven! Good to know.

But if there is a global EMP event due to CME, isn't it likely that there is going to be much much bigger problems than saving your hard drive?
Mark Lipschitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #15
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

I guess I should be using the term "CME," not "SME"?

Are a coronal mass ejection and a solar mass ejection the same thing?
Old 01-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #16
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

There should be some sort of warning in the event of a CME, so I plan to put my Laptop and a couple of mobile phones into the microwave for a few days, just have to make sure I don't switch it on.

If the CME's are going to be as powerful as predicted I would be more concerned about car electrics, most modern cars have built in computers and if the chips get fried they won't go.
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #17
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feardia View Post
If the CME's are going to be as powerful as predicted I would be more concerned about car electrics, most modern cars have built in computers and if the chips get fried they won't go.
There would be the problem of food distribution to consider here as well? The trucks used for transporting food would be inoperable?

If this is true then food storage would be the remedy?
Old 01-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #18
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lipschitz View Post
Thanks for the info Steven! Good to know.

But if there is a global EMP event due to CME, isn't it likely that there is going to be much much bigger problems than saving your hard drive?
Hehe. It depends of the magnitude of the CME, it happens frequently and its totally natural. Some whistleblowers like Henry Deacon, Bill Deagle or Dan Burisch have mentioned its possibility to have a "greater than usual hit" from the sun. I think it might be true, who knows... Now, if it happen, what would be the scale (magnitude) of the wave? Who can predict that? In a case of a large Coronal mass ejection, I think chances are very high that it will not burn the surface of the planet. Sure that everything is possible, but my common sens tells me that its falling into paranoia to expect such a catastrophe.

That's why I think it is better to be prepared for a hit, but not expecting the end of Life on Earth because the sun went crazy. If you follow the logic of some people saying the transformers coils will burn, than it means many, many things will heat up and burns, inclusively our body since it is made of 80% water (just like being into the microwave).

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 01-22-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #19
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Steven,

What about computer chips in vehicles?
Old 01-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #20
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Steven,

What about computer chips in vehicles?
I wouldn't worry much about it. They are surrounded by metal. At my knowledge, EMP never caused car electronics to fry, even in 2000 in Quebec.

There are many factors in play. The type of technology used, the metal quality of the car. The place where the DC components are located and most importantly, the magnitude of the EMP.

If you have a garage and the top is in metal, better again. Old car (before '80') don't have this problem, you might look for one .

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 01-22-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #21
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks again, Steven.

Tags
preparedness, sme