Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you posted on a community thread today?
Yay, I posted on my community thread ! 8 72.73%
Yes, I posted on someone else's community thread. Get me! I'm community minded :0) 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Fantasy Avalon League

Isn't it about time we got talking about communities again?

How many of your reading this have found a thread relating to an Avalon group in your area and contacted the people there ? When was the last time you posted on that thread?

How come each time I read down the new posts thread, I don't see any threads relating to 'community'? What's going on here? Lots about fear. A fair bit about love. But that's love in a hypothetical sense. Nothing about communities. Who's buying some land? Who's thinking of moving? Who's learning a new skill?

OK, First off, this thread is not about football . It's about building a hypothetical template for your favourite place to live and dwell with other light minded people.

Let's build an imaginary community, here on this thread! Please put your ideas and thoughts down here, then maybe the individual community threads can look here for ideas !

For example:

How many people to have in an ideal community? What basic skills do they need to have? What will they eat? How will they live? On an island? In a wood? In an existing town or city? Should they buy a place, or build it?

There's no right or wrong, but let's use a portion of our energy to go the next step. A community could exist spread out, it doesn't have to be men in sherwood forest. It could be a group that meet and share their knowledge and skills in a town or city with one another, for free.

C'mon peeps... let's get Avalon creative !

Let's put down ideas for anything from a little island community with palm trees, coconuts and chickens to an underground cave system with electric lights and geothermal heating ! Or even a loose system of community support - why should we have to learn how to do everything ourselves?

K

Last edited by Kulapops; 01-20-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Readability
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fantasy Avalon League

Avalon creative ! YES!!! Kulapops!!!

I am working on plans for my market and my own market garden. Great post Kulapops. Very inspiring!

Quote:
Isn't it about time we got talking about communities again?
I agree this should be talked about in balance with all the other research too

peace jt
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

I posted with the Georgia group just last week. No response. That feels okay for now. I suppose the N. Carolinians are my closest neighbors! LB
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

I have plenty of room aboard my spaceship... there's even a pub for all you europeans

great thread Kula, I wish that all avalonians could meetup somewhere.

I'm currently working on an idea for an event, that would allow us to do
just that. would you come?

the only dilemma I'm having is where to have it?
u.s. or europe? how do we bring us all together??

ok, who's hiding the teleportation devices, we need them!

~ one love ~
illuminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
I posted with the Georgia group just last week. No response. That feels okay for now. I suppose the N. Carolinians are my closest neighbors! LB
Linda dear, I'm in Asheville... same magical mountains!

~ one love ~
Old 01-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
eraser2012
Avalon Senior Member

Excellent start to an important string. When I first registered for this forum, it was for the primary purpose of joining a community, both local community and international community. let's do something collectively to get this started.

Okay, I'll start the fantasy portion I suppose. To begin with, the new community will be entirely self sufficient with food production. I think this should be included as a basic tenet of the community charter. The community charter should be the first thing we work on together... a document which outlines the purpose of the community and the basic tenets the community will be built around. For starters, any law structure, or dispute structure, should be based on the US Constitution, NOT US case law.

Anybody disagree? If not, let's start. Should we set a time table?

Last edited by eraser2012; 01-19-2010 at 06:05 PM.
eraser2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

Great thread Kulapops!

Let us also remember what we have created this past year

The community of Avalon!

From what I hear is unlike any other forum out there

Since we are all part of the collective, what manifests in here, our own quantum community, is helping to change the world!

I am also thinking of moving out of the U.S. at some point in the future. I tried to get a group from Illinois together but it never manifested itself.

I guess in the big picture it is all perfect the way it is and the way it isn't and I will be where I will be when the time comes!
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Illuminate !

Nice to see you here.. and you Linda ! And eraser, thanks for your input.

I would say , in the interests of the tenets of creative brainstorming, let this not be a thread about consensus or rules. Just put down what you would like to see. What is your vision? Put your ideas down and those who agree will gravitate to you. There is no right or wrong way.

This is about putting energy into creative imagination. We cannot create a real community this way, but it can help to spawn real communities.

If there is a difference of opinion, this thread will go nowhere. So, just write your truth from your heart. This community is whatever you want it to be, while you are posting.

If you think it should have the capacity to grow its own food, then yes, put that down here. If you think laws based on a constitution, then great. but equally, if you think it will behave differently then write that...

This is about generating ideas, not facts.

A community designed by forum commitee might end up consisting of a kettle, a cat, a dog, and a packet of Jacobs Crackers.

My community (before a single nail was hammered) would start by meeting people who, though different, have a desire to try something different than what is their current life experience, who would like to try and experience considering a group as a their unity, as well as the self, who would protect and love and help a member of that community in a way they look out for themselves. Who consider that nourishment is spiritual fulfilment as well as material, without forgetting the material.

Crikey, it's sounding like the freemasons already

K
Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

my vision would start by asking everyone to turn their telepathy on...
not just to avert lying, but for greater understanding of each other

I would also like there to be no money and no working...
everyone would contribute as opposed to work,
exchanging knowledge and creativity instead of money and ego

~ one love ~
Old 01-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

There must be equal opportunities to share/build in your own talented/special way. To achieve this we first must have free education, healthcare and food for all. No one should be born just to work in an undesirable job so they can afford to eat with a roof over their head. These simple necessities are supposed to be God's giving right and it shouldn't be up to any human to make rules or set standards for others. In the least...such things should be a clear indisputable collective agreement. Can you imagine how many people in this world are working in jobs they don’t like? Life is not supposed to be this way. The current systems fail miserably…look at the results. who gains and who loses?

Maybe every one’s names, skills and desires should be placed into a database. If there is a particular job that needs to be done and your skill sets compliments that position…you have an option to contribute or pass on it. Living life is simple…it’s the people making it difficult.

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #11
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace of mind View Post
There must be equal opportunities to share/build in your own talented/special way.

Maybe every one’s names, skills and desires should be placed into a database. If there is a particular job that needs to be done and your skill sets compliments that position…you have an option to contribute or pass on it. Living life is simple…it’s the people making it difficult.

Peace
I love this. I saw someone say somewhere... it should not be about "can we afford it?", but rather "Do we have the resources?" (skill, material, etc) - Not "how much will the school cost to build?", but "where can we get the wood?", "Who knows how to make a roof?", "do we have a carpenter?", "can we find one?", "do we have any books on carpentry??"

this is wonderful... "No money and contribution rather than work"

If our consciousness is really changing, then maybe we can solve these problems that we have struggled with in the past.

If a community looks after itselft (and also other communities - because we get to a point where we realise the benefit of the self comes through the benefit of all) then things like money and effort will not need to be watched closely.

I fix my neighbours roof because it needs fixing. I tend the garden because I want us all to have nice food to eat.

These systems have fallen down in the past because only some are paying attention, and others, seeing their own separateness lean and rely on others, looking to find some advantage for themselves.

Just maybe, we can look anew at this.

K
Old 01-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
Berob24
Avalon Senior Member

Hello everyone~

I love Illuminate's idea...

many years ago now, I read "The Fifth Sacred Thing" and I remember I really liked the Northern California's community organization. I've been meaning to re-read it for a few months now, specifically to review how it was, again, that they lived. It seems a really good time to start thinking ahead, with regards to a totally different way of approaching life. Great idea for a thread!
Has anyone else read this book (mentioned above)?

What do people think of the Venus Project? I'm not talking about Zeitgeist as much as the ideas for structuring living environments that the Venus Project addresses. My initial reaction was that I liked what I saw. I haven't done a ton of research into it though.

Berob24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:32 AM   #13
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berob24 View Post
Hello everyone~

I love Illuminate's idea...

many years ago now, I read "The Fifth Sacred Thing" and I remember I really liked the Northern California's community organization. I've been meaning to re-read it for a few months now, specifically to review how it was, again, that they lived. It seems a really good time to start thinking ahead, with regards to a totally different way of approaching life. Great idea for a thread!
Has anyone else read this book (mentioned above)?

What do people think of the Venus Project? I'm not talking about Zeitgeist as much as the ideas for structuring living environments that the Venus Project addresses. My initial reaction was that I liked what I saw. I haven't done a ton of research into it though.

Thanks for the book tip Berob.

Zeitgeist - the venus project... that's where I heard the quote isn't it? It's about the resources, not the cost. Wonderful idea I thought.

As a separate question to moderators, it seems difficult to me to find information at Avalon. When people post names of books and links to informational videos, is there any way of extracting and classifying these?

It would be good to be able to find a place with all the 'good books on communities' or 'all videos on meditation'. I guess this is what the search function is for, but is there ever a case for extracting these from individual threads and placing them in a repository of some sort? Has that already happened? I guess it would be time consuming, but most of the great stuff at Avalon, I come across in a random fashion depending on who's posting and what I'm reading on any given day...Any guidance on this would be gratefully received

Thanks for all your energy and input. Whatever your thoughts, whatever your dreams, make them happen here! Why not ?!

For example, one other thing I'd like in our community is a free-ish energy source of some kind. It would be good to have something that didn't just charge batteries (sun, wind). What about Geothermal energy? Anyone know anything about that? How about a nice windmill?

Sun is good for warming tanks of water too... you see those on the rooves in Greece. So ok, my community might need to be somewhere a little bit sunnier than England...

Ok.. anyone got some lego... let's get it out and build something fun ! There you go, I've just finished the stables...

Love yas...

K

Last edited by Kulapops; 01-20-2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: P.S added
Old 01-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #14
Neo
Avalon Senior Member

My dream is a small community in the Alpine region Victoria/Australia.
Dome/ earth built homes, solar power, recycable sewage, Growing fruit trees and vegetables. No laws, just the idea we are all family and we can all contribute something. Be willing to explore ourselves and go beyond current human conditioning with no fear.

We all need to be trailblazers rather than rebuild old unworkable systems.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

hi kp et al,
when avalon started we were all convinced that the proverbial was about to hit the fan and there were plans all over the planet for 'radiant zones', but i know that my place is here with my family and friends, at least until we know what way it is going to pan out.

I have plans to leave the city with my kids and anybody else who wants to come along, but when things get really bad there will be plenty of empty houses in the west of ireland (thanx to the recession) and there won't be much in the way of law enforcement, especially after the tsunamis. I'm sure I'll meet a few avalonians on the way.

I try to keep my plans flexible as you never know what is going to happen, if we end up at the equator I might have to get off the island altogether, in that case, I'll probably head for Jerusalem or the Great Pyramid. Should be quite an adventure, meanwhile I'll sit here and enjoy my 3D experience.

Last edited by feardia; 01-20-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typo
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #16
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Nice one Feardia...

Yes, it's good to have a plan...I'm also interested in how you're going to live when you get where you're going? Maybe we could learn from that. The information about the west of Ireland in itself is valuable. I went to Skull once down in the South West tip... great place and yes lots of second homes being built for the rich there too!

Actually, the family-community model is surely one of the most interesting, because that's not necessarily building a community with people who get on with one another (not all families do, yet we'd still like them to be safe)

Phase 1 for Avalonians has been awakening people....phase 3 is evolution (take your pick which!) ...if we can't figure out phase 2 (the plan) , why...we're just like the underpants gnomes !

(P.S. If you don't like crass humour... don't bother with the link! http://www.southparkstudios.co.uk/clips/sp_vid_151040/)

Peace n love

K
Old 01-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #17
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

The plan is there is no plan...

We are going to have to trust our intuition and take things as they come, we'll eat what we manifest and go where we need to be and along the way we will learn what it is really all about, we have a couple of Kenny's we might lose on the way too.
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #18
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

I like you're approach Feardia... I think that's where I'm at too, to trust in the process. I don't think the future is all about preparing, because that's not how the universe is working for me right now - if I need something, it arrives, if it's not important , it doesn't, but I'd also like to think about what I would like to see in the future - and I'd like that to be a more meaningful living relationship with others, where things like food and energy production are a shared thing. Supermarkets are sooo yesterday !

You're going to have Kilkenny ??

wow.. some community you're having ! count me in for a pint

So I was also thinking....geothermal energy needs a pump... but a windmill could drive that pump also...anyone got any plans ?!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #19
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Bumping this thread... because I'm inviting you all to create the community of your dreams with the people you love...

just say what you'd like or where you'd like to have it... or go to your own local community thread and post there if you haven't done so in a while...

Peace, love and community...

K x
Old 02-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #20
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

funny how as soon as we say: let's unite
the lights go out!

avalon - it's on, it's off, wait it's back on again... lol

so, the middle of europe eh?
is it sunny???

~ love ~
Old 02-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #21
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah... I thought the timing of that was really impeccable !!

I think.. let's really get some positive action going on the community side... find my thread.. post it.. and.. 'Hello?' Where is everybody ??

When Avalon came back online about 9:48pm GMT... this was the last posted thread.

Maybe it's jinxed !

Well, anyway, I believe these things will take care of themselves. No need to push, but the thread is here if anyone is feeling creative.

I think a farmhouse somewhere would be nice... or a ranch with about 10 acres, with outbuildings and barns that could be made into small flats, a community hall with a big fireplace, large kitchen, some woodland, a stream, birds (in the woodland), an orchard and a view of the sea would be nice (even in the distance, from a hill)

keep dreaming...

K
Old 02-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #22
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
I think a farmhouse somewhere would be nice... or a ranch with about 10 acres, with outbuildings and barns that could be made into small flats, a community hall with a big fireplace, large kitchen, some woodland, a stream, birds (in the woodland), an orchard and a view of the sea would be nice (even in the distance, from a hill)
yes a community hall is a must...
can it be big enough for for singing and dancing too?
and streams.... must have water!
I like plenty of sunshine and lots of waterfalls, there is nothing like the sound
of rushing water to soothe one's soul!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
keep dreaming...
always Kula, always!!!

~ love in you ~
Old 02-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #23
justpeter
Avalon Senior Member

If we had a farmhouse and some land which would sustain say 20 people, how would we get the right people? I've thought about this myself and it gets a bit tricky.

Say we advertise in forums like this that we are looking for like-minded people to join us. What if we get 100 replies? The way I see it, we would have to get to know the candidates and select those who are most likely to be useful while at the same time being unlikely to have strong differences of opinion on any subject. In other words, people who we know will maintain the harmony of the group and also be useful to it.

But this means somehow finding out enough about each person before accepting them and it also means rejecting a lot of very good people, which wouldn't be very pleasant for either party.

Any thoughts on this?
justpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #24
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpeter View Post
If we had a farmhouse and some land which would sustain say 20 people, how would we get the right people? I've thought about this myself and it gets a bit tricky.

Say we advertise in forums like this that we are looking for like-minded people to join us. What if we get 100 replies? The way I see it, we would have to get to know the candidates and select those who are most likely to be useful while at the same time being unlikely to have strong differences of opinion on any subject. In other words, people who we know will maintain the harmony of the group and also be useful to it.

But this means somehow finding out enough about each person before accepting them and it also means rejecting a lot of very good people, which wouldn't be very pleasant for either party.

Any thoughts on this?
I think you raise a very good point Justpeter... and it's why I say this thread is just an excercise in dreams and hypotheticals. Because I think as soon as you try to specify, something is going to come along that doesn't fit your paradigm.

Incidentally... I'm in the chat room just now.. so if anyone wants to pop in and discuss some of this on the fly.. I'll be about for 20 mins or so.

I honestly don't know how you would select. To set criteria is almost too specific, yet without rules there can be anarchy. Many communes have been plagued with this over centuries.

You have to hope that you're lucky enough that synchronicity plays a big part. I think if your intentions are pure.. then just maybe the right people will come together. But I can see that may also seem naive.

What I can imagine is something that allows individual freedom but makes use of locally available mass labour. so if there's 20 of you, it makes it easy to garden or build, or clean or clear... yet you have your own space too.

Perhaps the number would depend on how much cash is required to build on/buy land....

K
Old 02-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #25
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

it was all going along nicely until the storm we thought was about to imminently hit didnt. our manchester group dispersed after 4 meetings or so.. im jsut going with the flow. ill be where i need to be when i need tio be there. wherever they may be. i have a network of people that are all on the same page ish. a few in the uk and canada and south africa. if and when shtf there are contingency plans..

im currently in a farmhouse in the hills above manchester. if **** hots the fan financially i think im secure here. there wil be no one to enforce rent collection ect. so im planning on staying right here.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
community