Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 10-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Post Seeking to create, or join a sustainable a community

Hello,

This is my second thread on this subject, now that Kerry and Bill have offered the forum for free, in an effort to find the right situation I'm posting again. I love the vibe and feel here on the PA forum, this is the closest thing to a "like minded" group of people I've come across in a long, long time. I'm currently living in Los Angeles, single, never had children and what's left of my family is spread to the four winds. I've spent the last two years buried researching the varied and complicated aspects of 2012 and it's still hard to believe that even in 2009 when you begin talking about the presence ET life on Earth, that these things are still taboo and most people will look at you like your the alien when you bring it up.

There's also a spiritual, or metaphysical aspect to the work going on here which is what makes PC and the PA forum so special. When I ran upon the work of Kerry & Bill with Project Camelot, I it found it to be the most resonating source for information I've found since my spiritual background is in metaphysics. It's like coming home after a long, arduous journey and now that I have a handle on the bigger picture, going into 2012 is certainly not something a female like myself cares to tackle on my own.

As a teenager I was aware of the coming Earth changes, but in the late seventies no one was about to listen to my thoughts. Now that things have changed finding a community of people aware of the upcoming change and understands the importance of preparation makes the most sense, there's also something to be said for "power in numbers".

As a child growing up in the late 60's watching people protest against the war in the peace movement, I noticed communes were a popular way of life for many people. Unfortunately by the late 70's when I left home as a teenager, the concept of communal living had seen it's peak and was virtually unheard of.

But now, at this time in history the communal lifestyle makes more sense than ever as a way to face the coming changes. Being part of a group where there's a heavy emphasis on spirituality, the ascension process, sustainability, living in harmony off the grid and with a mind set of unified team work really makes sense now. Which is a good segue into the firearms issue...

Perusing this site I've noted the debate on firearms, which is always a hot topic. My philosophy leans toward, and envisions living in harmony without guns. It's a proven fact that spiritual protection and strength thru visualization are very powerful means of offense, as well as defense and when used properly the most effective forms of protection.

Many years ago, my own spirit guides, or Higher power saved my life from a situation that a gun would have been useless in. So firearms is a sticky issue, it seems that if you have guns on the property that simply the negative energy of having a gun in and of itself, might attract violence or a situation that needs addressed with guns? Seems like a natural security system like mastiffs and booby traps on the property, daily group visualizations & meditations for protection; as well as other means of security, make more sense when humanity's destination is a non-violent world and in learning our true powers of co-creation.

Violence is never the answer, that's just a lack of faith in our own creativity....where's MacGuyver when you need him

In real world skills to offer, I bring a lot of professional management and sales experience to the table. I have excellent administrative skills and work well with people from all walks of life. I consider myself a writer and also have good oral and written communication skills, as well as having a good eye for editing other people's material....now my own material is another story

SKILLS: I cook, garden am also handy with a hammer, screw gun and measuring tape for odd jobs around the house. Partially remodeled a home built in 1864, as well as built a new 3000' sq ft home with my ex husband. I've been researching eco-friendly living that also incorporates safety design features for withstanding high winds, earthquakes, power outages and other sustainability features, so I bring many fresh ideas and plenty of good energy to the household team.

I have a life time of experience handling animals including cats, dogs, birds, fish and horses. Natural medicine and forms of healing is another passion, so I have a familiarity with herbs and other forms of natural medicine.

Your welcome to visit my "professional" profile to review my resume and personal recommendations on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/annette-o-toole/5/b78/918

I enjoy writing, you can check out my work on a variety of subjects at Allvoices.com:
http://www.allvoices.com/users/muzikdiva

A natural born people person, I'm very good with people and am a natural born leader. If you need help managing the house I'm a Certified Resident Manager and can assist with property management, as well as household administration. I'm a highly resourceful individual and very handy around the house. I have good interior/exterior decorating and light maintenance skills; and have managed maintenance, building and landscaping crews. No job is considered too big or too small and I'm not scared of getting my hands dirty.

As a housemate, I'm considered to be responsible, have a great sense of humor, cleanly, honest, friendly, low-drama, always considerate and respectful of others personal space & belongings and I get along well with most everyone - even the cat and the dog! I'm deeply spiritual, quiet and somewhat of a geek that spends a lot of time on the internet learning about whistleblowers and all the fascinating knowledge coming forward on our past, present and future.

But, there's also never a substitute for spending quality time around intelligent, well informed, spiritually enlightened people. It just seems like there are fewer and fewer aware people living here in Lalaland better known as Burbank, Ca. Did everyone leave here for a radiant zone and leave me here with all the comatose wing-nuts, wack-o-doodles and loony-tunes?

Some quiet, peaceful mountain air and a community of like minded, spiritually aware people is definitely what the doctor ordered right now - a welcome breath of fresh air I'm thirsting to take in.

If anyone can help with leads, or advise on established communities seeking new members, it would be deeply appreciated. On the other hand, if there are others like myself with similar aspirations that feel the need to prepare for the future and want to build a sustainable community off-the grid, lets talk. I'm open to ideas, as well as having a few thoughts of my own for building a community in the four corners area of Southern Colorado. I'm also open to the Pacific Northwest as an option too.

There's never been a better time to come together and all it takes is the right people coming together to make the decision and do it. The perfect vision for the long run is in linking all these communities together, so we can all share in our experience towards evolving an eco-friendly, spiritually evolved and sustainably harmonious way of living with each other in nature.

I'm open to ideas and situations from living on a farm helping a family, living as a roommate with others sharing a home, becoming part of an eco-village or communal effort would be welcome too. If you are thinking along the same lines and you want to leave the city but don't have the time to find a place, let me do that for you and we can build a place together, there are some great deals on property right now. I know people like myself who aren't ready yet, but are wanting to leave late next year.

Like Kevin Costner in a Field of Dreams, once you make your mind up and put the energy out there....Almost like magic the right people, the ways, the means $$$ and the right opportunity will all come together in synchronicity to make the dream manifest and everything to make it happen will fall in place.

Thank you for your time...with blessings and the kindest regards,

Annette
aka AscendingStarseed

Last edited by AscendingStarseed; 12-15-2009 at 06:33 AM.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Seeking to create, or join a sustainable a community

Hello and welcome Ascending Star.

We are suposed to work together on many levels to get through this. Community Vege Gardens etc. are the way to go. Even using space around the property and sharing produce up and down streets is a good start. Hopefully everyones vege gardens are thriving. or if heading into winter a lot of bottling got done in fall.
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiate View Post
Hello and welcome Ascending Star.

We are suposed to work together on many levels to get through this. Community Vege Gardens etc. are the way to go. Even using space around the property and sharing produce up and down streets is a good start. Hopefully everyones vege gardens are thriving. or if heading into winter a lot of bottling got done in fall.
Thank you Initiate! We're in complete agreement on gardens and your right, the community garden is the wave of the future for urban areas and making innovative use small areas for maximum yield. One new trend I've noticed for city living or apts is growing plants upside down in large containers like plastic milk cartons, laundry detergent bottles...

gardening is also a great way to connect with the earth and can almost be a form of meditation...
Old 11-19-2009, 05:18 AM   #4
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Some quiet, peaceful mountain air and a community of like minded, spiritually aware people is definitely what the doctor ordered right now - a welcome breath of fresh air I'm thirsting to take in.
Annette,

I just wanted to acknowledge what a great post you made, and let you
know that I share your desire for living with people that appreciate you
and that you can relate to.

It's especially interesting that you mention Colorado, as that keeps popping up for me but has yet to manifest into something more permanent.

It's understandable that some of us are feeling isolated at the moment. I think this is only temporary as people are being guided as we speak to be where they are meant to be and where they are needed. As we continue to ascend, I think we will naturally find ourselves being propelled away from those people and places that no longer resonate and towards that which does. I have read that on the astral plane, the saying "birds of a feather" is very applicable. As we appear to be headed there, we shouldn't have too long to wait.

In the meantime, we are needed where we are, I think.

Sincerely,

FIIISH
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIIISH View Post
Annette,

I just wanted to acknowledge what a great post you made, and let you
know that I share your desire for living with people that appreciate you
and that you can relate to.

It's especially interesting that you mention Colorado, as that keeps popping up for me but has yet to manifest into something more permanent.

It's understandable that some of us are feeling isolated at the moment. I think this is only temporary as people are being guided as we speak to be where they are meant to be and where they are needed.

In the meantime, we are needed where we are, I think.

Sincerely,

FIIISH
Your thoughtful feedback is much appreciated FIISH, thank you! Just two years ago I loved being here...now I can't wait to leave. There is no sense of community here and little connection to the Earth, it's been a long time since I've listened to the wind or heard the sound of crickets at night. Just the sound of traffic, an airplane or a helicopter off in the distance.

Would also like to find somewhere I'm needed....and I don't feel that here anymore, most of my connections and friends here have all fallen away in the last year. Maybe your right...there's obviously a reason I'm still here.

Like you, I believe we're always where we're meant to be...
Old 12-15-2009, 06:43 AM   #6
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Seeking self-sustained, off-the-grid living environment or radiant community

Hello,

This is my second thread on this subject, now that Kerry and Bill have offered the forum for free thereby expanding readership - in an effort to find the right situation in reaching more people I'm posting again. I love the vibe and feel here on the PA forum, this is the closest thing to a "like minded" group of people I've come across in a long, long time.

I'm currently living in Los Angeles, single, never had children and what's left of my family is spread to the four winds. I've spent the last two years buried researching the varied and complicated aspects of 2012 and it's still hard to believe that even in 2009 when you begin talking about the presence ET life on Earth, that these things are still taboo and most people will look at you like your the alien when you bring it up.

As a teenager I was aware of the coming Earth changes, but in the late seventies no one was about to listen to my thoughts. Now that things have changed finding a community of people aware of the upcoming change and understands the importance of preparation makes the most sense, there's also something to be said for "power in numbers".

As a child growing up in the late 60's watching people protest against the war in the peace movement, I noticed communes were a popular way of life for many people. Unfortunately by the late 70's when I left home as a teenager, the concept of communal living had seen it's peak and was virtually unheard of.

But now, at this time in history the communal lifestyle makes more sense than ever as a way to face the coming changes. Being part of a group where there's a heavy emphasis on spirituality, the ascension process, sustainability, living in harmony off the grid and with a mind set of unified team work really makes sense now. Which is a good segue into the firearms issue...

Perusing this site I've noted the debate on firearms, which is always a hot topic. My philosophy leans toward, and envisions living in harmony without guns. It's a proven fact that spiritual protection and strength thru visualization are very powerful means of offense, as well as defense and when used properly the most effective forms of protection.

Many years ago, my own spirit guides, or Higher power saved my life from a situation that a gun would have been useless in. So firearms is a sticky issue, it seems that if you have guns on the property that simply the negative energy of having a gun in and of itself, might attract violence or a situation that needs addressed with guns? Seems like a natural security system like mastiffs and booby traps on the property, daily group visualizations & meditations for protection; as well as other means of security, make more sense when humanity's destination is a non-violent world and in learning our true powers of co-creation.

Violence is never the answer, that's just a lack of faith in our own creativity....where's MacGuyver when you need him

In real world skills to offer, I bring a lot of professional management and sales experience to the table. I have excellent administrative skills and work well with people from all walks of life. I consider myself a writer and also have good oral and written communication skills, as well as having a good eye for editing other people's material....now my own material is another story

SKILLS: I cook, garden am also handy with a hammer, screw gun and measuring tape for odd jobs around the house. Partially remodeled a home built in 1864, as well as built a new 3000' sq ft home with my ex husband. I've been researching eco-friendly living that also incorporates safety design features for withstanding high winds, earthquakes, power outages and other sustainability features, so I bring many fresh ideas and plenty of good energy to the household team.

I have a life time of experience handling animals including cats, dogs, birds, fish and horses. Natural medicine and forms of healing is another passion, so I have a familiarity with herbs and other forms of natural medicine.

Your welcome to visit my "professional" profile to review my resume and personal recommendations on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/annette-o-toole/5/b78/918

I enjoy writing, you can check out my work on a variety of subjects at Allvoices.com:
http://www.allvoices.com/users/muzikdiva

A natural born people person, I'm very good with people and am a natural born leader. If you need help managing the house I'm a Certified Resident Manager and can assist with property management, as well as household administration. I'm a highly resourceful individual and very handy around the house. I have good interior/exterior decorating and light maintenance skills; and have managed maintenance, building and landscaping crews. No job is considered too big or too small and I'm not scared of getting my hands dirty.

As a housemate, I'm considered to be responsible, have a great sense of humor, cleanly, honest, friendly, low-drama, always considerate and respectful of others personal space & belongings and I get along well with most everyone - even the cat and the dog! I'm deeply spiritual, quiet and somewhat of a geek that spends a lot of time on the internet learning about whistleblowers and all the fascinating knowledge coming forward on our past, present and future.

But, there's also never a substitute for spending quality time around intelligent, well informed, spiritually enlightened people. It just seems like there are fewer and fewer aware people living here in Lalaland better known as Burbank, Ca. Did everyone leave here for a radiant zone and leave me here with all the comatose wing-nuts, wack-o-doodles and loony-tunes?

If anyone can help with leads, or advise on established communities seeking new members, it would be deeply appreciated. On the other hand, if there are others like myself with similar aspirations that feel the need to prepare for the future and want to build a sustainable community off-the grid, lets talk. I'm open to ideas, as well as having a few thoughts of my own for building a community in the four corners area of Southern Colorado. I'm also open to the Pacific Northwest as an option too.

There's never been a better time to come together and all it takes is the right people coming together to make the decision and do it. The perfect vision for the long run is in linking all these communities together, so we can all share in our experience towards evolving an eco-friendly, spiritually evolved and sustainably harmonious way of living with each other in nature.

I'm open to ideas and situations from living on a farm helping a family, living as a roommate with others sharing a home, becoming part of an eco-village or communal effort would be welcome too. If you are thinking along the same lines and you want to leave the city but don't have the time to find a place, let me do that for you and we can build a place together, there are some great deals on property right now. I know people like myself who aren't ready yet, but are wanting to leave late next year.

Like Kevin Costner in a Field of Dreams, once you make your mind up and put the energy out there....Almost like magic the right people, the ways, the means $$$ and the right opportunity will all come together in synchronicity to make the dream manifest and everything to make it happen will fall in place.

Thank you for your time...with blessings and the kindest regards,

Annette
aka AscendingStarseed
Old 12-15-2009, 06:43 AM   #7
pathuptop
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Seeking to create, or join a sustainable a community

I am seeking to create, or join as well.
pathuptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:00 AM   #8
New Age Messiah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Seeking self-sustained, off-the-grid living environment or radiant community

It's not the right time for me say anything definitive about this, but there are signs that this area that I live is somehow special. The second largest fresh water aquifer in the world is here, tons of lakes, immaculate nature, etc.

http://www.lookyourheartinthemirror....ur-dalene.html

I envision a community of easy portable homes, something like this cabin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r66CdHYbrYo
New Age Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:47 AM   #9
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Seeking self-sustained, off-the-grid living environment or radiant community

I have visited a few intentional communities and for some reason I get the feeling the time is not yet right. One of the sites I have used is www.ic.org. You might find it helpful. IMO, our numbers are growing and this is going to be quite a successful plan for a number of people.
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #10
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
I have visited a few intentional communities and for some reason I get the feeling the time is not yet right. One of the sites I have used is www.ic.org. You might find it helpful. IMO, our numbers are growing and this is going to be quite a successful plan for a number of people.
Yes I have some leads from that site that I need to follow-up with phone calls...so far haven't had much luck emailing people and getting much of a response, many of them didn't have an email address to respond too. Another problem is that it seemed more communities were in the process of forming than were ready or had space for new people.

Finding the right situation without thousands of dollars to invest is another issue and I don't have a family in tow. I'm a single female seeking a community to fit in with...

I have some leads, who knows...may end-up having to pack my car and hit the road. Go visit these places until I find the right one. It's hard to get a real feel of the vibe until you're there.

Last edited by AscendingStarseed; 12-15-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #11
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

This thread has been merged with an older one (I think!!) at the OP's request
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #12
sparklyponcho
Avalon Senior Member

Hi everyone,

I too am looking to create an intentional community with like-minded people as yourselves...I wonder if we ought to start up a thread with the different countries that people desire to live in or the country that they are currently in and want to stay in and that way people can get in touch with each other? For example, I am in the state of Victoria in Australia and the title of the thread would be..."intentional communities in Australia"...something like that?
with love, Sparklyponcho
sparklyponcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #13
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

sparklyponcho

There are bunch of people in Vic on here that are doing just that. I havent seen them on here much though.

I am from NSW and am sowing the seeds of my own plan

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #14
Neo
Avalon Senior Member

Nice post starseed, would love to welcome you here in Australia if you ever decide to move. Its wonderful to see so many people looking for a real answer
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #15
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Nice post starseed, would love to welcome you here in Australia if you ever decide to move. Its wonderful to see so many people looking for a real answer
How hard is it for Americans to relocate there? If I remember correctly seems like someone told me that it wasn't as difficult as New Zealand or Canada...
Old 12-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #16
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Age Messiah View Post
It's not the right time for me say anything definitive about this, but there are signs that this area that I live is somehow special. The second largest fresh water aquifer in the world is here, tons of lakes, immaculate nature, etc.

http://www.lookyourheartinthemirror....ur-dalene.html

I envision a community of easy portable homes, something like this cabin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r66CdHYbrYo
Its beautiful up there...how are the winters and what elevation are you at? Is it snowing yet?
Old 12-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #17
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

If you wish to check out the oldest mountains in the world, try visiting the Appalachians. There are intentional communities in N. Carolina, lots of them. The weather is Southern soft. The trees are magnificent. There are four seasons. There is lots of clean water from springs. Asheville is great, including the surrounding area. I found it to be more expensive than North Georgia, so I'm a little further south. (I didn't want to overextend myself while still raising children.) Try googling north carolina intentional community and see what you get. Good luck.
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:24 AM   #18
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabaker View Post
If you wish to check out the oldest mountains in the world, try visiting the Appalachians. There are intentional communities in N. Carolina, lots of them. The weather is Southern soft. The trees are magnificent. There are four seasons. There is lots of clean water from springs. Asheville is great, including the surrounding area. I found it to be more expensive than North Georgia, so I'm a little further south. (I didn't want to overextend myself while still raising children.) Try googling north carolina intentional community and see what you get. Good luck.
You're right it's a beautiful part of the country, I lived in Atalanta for over a year and was able to visit that area. Unfortunately the Southern mentality is too conservative and the weather too hot-n-sultry in the summer time. Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated Linda!
Old 12-27-2009, 02:40 AM   #19
WineHippie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendingStarseed View Post
who knows...may end-up having to pack my car and hit the road. Go visit these places until I find the right one. It's hard to get a real feel of the vibe until you're there.
this is exactly what i did - courage, sister starseed!
just keep watching for/listening for signs, you will
know... you may not be able to explain it, but you
will KNOW
if i can be of any help, just ask
WineHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #20
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineHippie View Post
just keep watching for/listening for signs, you will
know... you may not be able to explain it, but you
will KNOW
if i can be of any help, just ask
that's one thing I've always lived my life by, the signs. Try to anyway...which is why I'm leaving LA, everything is pointing in that direction and something deep down is telling me it's time to go...

but where? so I keep watching for the signs and have faith that everything is as it's supposed to be that there is a reason and that I'm heading in the right direction.

Thanks WineHippie!
Old 12-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #21
Paul.T.
Avalon Senior Member

I have some leads, who knows...may end-up having to pack my car and hit the road. Go visit these places until I find the right one. It's hard to get a real feel of the vibe until you're there.

Welcome Starseed,

I am currently in colorado helping my mother but don't know where to go myself. Lately signals have been placed before me leading me to Sedona and a desre to travel in search of something. I am heading out at the first of the year to travel whereever the universe directs me. I plan on meeting people and helping when I can and perhaps see what other communities are doing.
I have a backup place I can go to in OKlahoma should SHTF but the time for seeing this country and reaching out for me is now.
Paul.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #22
WineHippie
Avalon Senior Member

starseed and paul.... i am in AZ not far from sedona
and four corners... i left CA in january, arrived here
in mid-march... it was a great trip, it still is a wild ride!
if you are interested, sis and i made a blog which followed
our progress... we haven't made an entry in awhile
(maybe i should do that today) but if you are interested
you can find it here: http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
WineHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #23
Paul.T.
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

WineHippie, glad to make your aquaintance. Sedona is the first part of my journey along with 4 corners. I would also like to visit the Hopi to see if there is a Vibe!! I guess like alot of people, we all want to be somewhere but aren't sure where to go. I'm just going to see where I end up. Maybe I'll see you there.
Paul.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:13 AM   #24
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Looks like fun! If I head east when I leave LA I'll be going through that area, so I'll drop you a line and swing by to check out the scene....thanks Winehippie!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:23 AM   #25
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.T. View Post

don't know where to go myself. Lately signals have been placed before me leading me to Sedona and a desre to travel in search of something. I am heading out at the first of the year to travel whereever the universe directs me. I plan on meeting people and helping when I can and perhaps see what other communities are doing....I have a backup place I can go to in OKlahoma
My parents live in Okla, I spent 15 yrs' there and that's the last place I want to be when SHTF...around a bunch of conservative, bible thumping rednecks ready to shoot anything that moves! Okies are some of the most spiritually unaware people on Gods green Earth, you'd be better off in the four corners. That's what I'm seeking is an area known for a spiritual vibe and a place to reconnect with Earth...

Tags
communal, community, eco-village, intentional, off-the-grid, radiant community, radiant zone, roommate, safe preparation, sustainability