Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 07-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Internet outages/Forum outages/Mail problems

The recent outage of Avalon was a kick in the pants for many. A wake-up moment that I am sure it has served to be...

A timely reminder that all vital records should be saved in a place which does not require the internet to be operational in order to get at them.

This includes but is not limited to, your friends contact details and alternative contact methods line MSN or Skype etc.

Where I work we use the term vital records in our contingency planning. Plans exist for the secure movement of these records in an emergency. (Not an easy task!).

Additionally, in some cases we have documents can never be duplicated which means extreme care has to be taken with the originals.

What I am saying, is that we should think about our dependency on the convenience of the internet or particular forums and take steps to reduce our risk factors.

Let this thread be the discussion we need to have.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
IndigoChild1986
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Internet outages/Forum outages/Mail problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
The recent outage of Avalon was a kick in the pants for many. A wake-up moment that I am sure it has served to be...

A timely reminder that all vital records should be saved in a place which does not require the internet to be operational in order to get at them.

This includes but is not limited to, your friends contact details and alternative contact methods line MSN or Skype etc.

Where I work we use the term vital records in our contingency planning. Plans exist for the secure movement of these records in an emergency. (Not an easy task!).

Additionally, in some cases we have documents can never be duplicated which means extreme care has to be taken with the originals.

What I am saying, is that we should think about our dependency on the convenience of the internet or particular forums and take steps to reduce our risk factors.

Let this thread be the discussion we need to have.

A..

MSN is not secure, unless you install encryption program with 2048...

Quote:
You are using MSN Messenger to chat with your friends or colleagues. Did you know your messages are sent over the Internet in cleartext form?

By encrypting messages before they leave your computer to the Internet, SimpLite-MSN prevents eavesdroppers from reading your MSN Messenger conversations. As the original successor of Simp 1.0, SimpLite-MSN benefits from state of the art algorithms to secure your messages, whilst maintaining an intuitive interface.

Our products can handle both encrypted and unencrypted chats. If your contacts use SimpLite/SimpPro, conversations will be encrypted. Otherwise, they will remain unencrypted.

SimpLite-MSN is free for personal use at home or at the office. However, only one product from the SimpLite family can be launched at the same time on your computer. For corporate or more demanding home users, we recommend you to check SimpPro, our commercial version. Compatible with SimpLite, it can encrypt multiple IM services simultaneously, produce encrypted logs, encrypt file transfers amongst many other exciting features!

SimpLite for MSN
SimpLite for Yahoo!
SimpLite for ICQ/AIM
SimpLite for Jabber/Google

http://www.secway.fr/us/products/simplite_msn/home.php

Good and recommended!
IndigoChild1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:58 AM   #3
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Internet outages/Forum outages/Mail problems

I really don't care if my posts on this forum and other forums are lost. If there's a way to view certain threads that highlight interesting moments, then I will probably save the information from those.

Though it's always a concern about certain types of information that isn't easy to come by and should be preserved. It would be awesome if we could memorize things and write them down like our ancestors did or use the oral method and have someone record what it is said.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #4
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

I'm thinking some kind of edited digest would be useful, but the work to do it would be immense.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #5
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I really don't care if my posts on this forum and other forums are lost. If there's a way to view certain threads that highlight interesting moments, then I will probably save the information from those.

Though it's always a concern about certain types of information that isn't easy to come by and should be preserved. It would be awesome if we could memorize things and write them down like our ancestors did or use the oral method and have someone record what it is said.
i have pages and pages of notes on many subjects and csan remember most of it. i would however like to print all of my PDF formatted books out.. tuff to memorise the info in 100's books
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #6
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

I think we just had a little drop off in activity - kind of weird for a Sunday.

126 (13 members and 113 guests)
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #7
Harry_CDN
Avalon Senior Member

Hello,

I have a few website security concerns. How should I report them?

Note:
I rather not mention them online.
Harry_CDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #8
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Email any of the moderators - we have some experts on the team.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #9
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

If i understand you properly Anchor, you wish to start a PA "encyclopedia"?

That is a marvelous idea.

This would require knowledge of what is valuable, and what isnt...

Or do you see it as all valuable?

May i ask if there is a particular reason for fearing these "outages"?
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
If i understand you properly Anchor, you wish to start a PA "encyclopedia"?

That is a marvelous idea.

TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #11
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

I've had problems with the website loading for me. Has anyone else?

72 (11 members and 61 guests) - a few minutes ago
same thing the day before yesterday

It's been quite intermittent. It's getting difficult to post.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #12
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
I've had problems with the website loading for me. Has anyone else?

72 (11 members and 61 guests) - a few minutes ago
same thing the day before yesterday

It's been quite intermittent. It's getting difficult to post.
Me too.

There was actually a point where I found myself the ONLY ONE on Avalon!
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I had problems some time ago with loading the page..
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #14
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

I often wished that Avalon would work more like an encyclopedia... where you could just browse all those great videos that come up from time to time according to category, rather than just happen to be around when they surface.

For example, if I want to see the best video evidence of an alien, or UFO encounter, how do I go about it?

I could just type UFO video into the search engine, but then I'd have dozens of threads to look at.. and I'd have to read each one to find any videos.

Or if I wanted to see videos about money: I know about 'Money as Debt' so I can find that on youtube... but if I didn't, wouldn't it be great to go to a section where I could find videos on that subject and watch them?

Or on one consciousness, survival (for those that will be needing it), MSM... there must be a TON of research already completed by Avalon viewers, if only we could create a repository, so that those new to the subjects don't have to waste any time.

And if those vids/pdfs could have a ratings base.. even better.

Just a thought.

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #15
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

A lo of times lately it keeps saying that my pass or name is wrong, the other day the forum locked me out all day even after waiting the 15 minutes it tells you to wait after making 3 so called mistakes
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #16
Wood
Avalon Senior Member

Regarding possible future "Internet outages" related to some kind of NWO stuff or mass disaster I think it is advisable to keep lots of information locally on a computer, preferably a laptop for easy transportation. I am not fearing the event really since I think we will win but this might be useful to minimise inconveniences meanwhile.

For example I am saving info from places like instructables.com. I want to move to a rural area and live as self-sufficient as possible (not because of fear but because of need of nature) and this interests me but I think it is useful for anyone in these times to have some info on how to build an small wind power generator, how to use the sun to cook, etc.

To organise all that info I am using a wiki running in my home computer. For those who do not know what is a wiki, think about the wikipedia. It is a piece of software that allows the user to enter information using a simple text format, including links, and renders it as hypertext (i.e. a web page). The text format is just the text plus some intuitive marks to add links and other format.

On this wikipedia page you can find a large selection of wiki software including many free options: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_wiki
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #17
twoRone
Avalon Senior Member

I've been preparing for this kind of outage situation for a while now. Any information from the internet that I feel I should have in such an occurrence I copy/paste to word documents or pdf format and save to a huge well organized folder on my hard drive.. mostly survival stuff, how-to build this or that, meditation techniques, medical data, etc. Anything I would like to have available if the web went down..

highly recommended
twoRone is offline   Reply With Quote