Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 06-30-2009, 05:17 AM   #26
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Prepare Now for Empty Store Shelves and Soviet-style Food Shortages

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictexan View Post
Thanks Seashore,

. As far as Russia is concerned over 50% of Russian people have gardens and eat better than most of the USA.
Most people in USA do not realize what kind of junk they eat because they have nothing to compare it with....Another thing is that if you are raised on junk you love the junk.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:26 AM   #27
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Most people in USA do not realize what kind of junk they eat because they have nothing to compare it with....Another thing is that if you are raised on junk you love the junk.
Geez burgundia, enough of the American bashing already. I say that after reading your posts for the last 8 months. It's obvious you don't like the USA, even though you don't come right out and say it, you're always giving little hints here and there.
I wasn't raised on junk and never ate junk food growing up, in fact my dad always had a huge garden every summer.
You must think we are all raised on Mcdonalds and that's all we ever eat.

Last edited by Dantheman62; 06-30-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:28 AM   #28
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Geez burgundia, enough of the American bashing already. I say that after reading your posts for the last 8 months. It's obvious you don't like the USA, even though you don't come right out and say it, you're always giving little hints here and there.
I wasn't raised on junk and never ate junk food growing up, in fact my dad always had a huge garden every summer.
You must think we are all raised on Mcdonalds and that's all we ever eat.
It's not about american bashing, but sometimes it is annoying to see how sometimes people in USA perceive themselves as freedom bringers, saviors, the only international helpers,etc( the media have created that state of mind for all the peopel there) while the facts are different. I'm afraid that all your "good deeds" are overbalanced with "the worst ones"and many do not want to see that. And i do not see that feeling of "we are so great, we are such a great country" from the people on this forum from other countries. And then there are the moments that i want to 'bring some back to earth". When it comes to your words "you don't like the USA" I assume you mean the policy of your country and what is coming to the light these days, then the answer would be "yes". USA is such a large country, with so many different people and cultures living there that it is almost impossible to say nowadays what American is. As every nation, you have your virtues and vices but i tend to believe that the majority of people in each and every country are positive and likeable.
You are right Dan that sometimes I'm trying to stick that needle somewhere but not to do harm...it's more like a cold shower...
P.S. However I'll refrain from my criticism because practically all Americans on this forum are so nice that I do not want to hurt them...my little sting is gone, hopefully forever...

Last edited by burgundia; 06-30-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:59 AM   #29
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I just want to add that I know exactly what kind of food children and young people like:McDonald's style food. They do not like home cooking. It was frightening when i saw that for some children so called "normal" food doesn't taste good at all. They crave cheesburgers, French fries, sodas, all those chocolate bars, if they come from poor families they drink those coloured drinks which contain nothing but pure chemicals, etc.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #30
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
I just want to add that I know exactly what kind of food children and young people like:McDonald's style food. They do not like home cooking. It was frightening when i saw that for some children so called "normal" food doesn't taste good at all. They crave cheesburgers, French fries, sodas, all those chocolate bars, if they come from poor families they drink those coloured drinks which contain nothing but pure chemicals, etc.
I think you're forgetting that there are Americans who don't eat junk food. I have friends that won't feed any of that **** to their kids. I like the example they're setting. I'd like to follow it myself if I end up with a family someday.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #31
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I think you're forgetting that there are Americans who don't eat junk food. I have friends that won't feed any of that **** to their kids. I like the example they're setting. I'd like to follow it myself if I end up with a family someday.
a lot of that stuff is fed to school children as lunch, at least this was what I saw with my own eyes: hot dogs,hamburgers,fries, some kind of "chicken nuggets" that I do not know what they were made of....