Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Default Aloha Hawaii Ground Crew!!

After much soul searching and absolutely no luck in seeking out any where on the mainland that felt right to relocate too, I've decided to follow my instincts and a promise I made to myself in 1991 to move to Hawaii when I was older and the time was right. I sensed a spiritual affinity to the islands that I've never experienced anywhere else and it was one of the only times in my life I felt truly 100% alive and connected to Earth. Right now at this time in my life, I've never felt such an urgent need to get off the mainland and to a place where I can connect with the Earth.

Recently I've learned from the intentional communities website that there are established eco-villages and other types of self sustained lifestyles on the Big Island, which is where I'm heading to. I'm open to ideas and am seeking advise from fellow PA members on situations to check out, as well as the ones to stay away from.

Also, I may need to rent a car until my car arrives and don't want to spend a fortune doing so...am I stuck with Hertz and National or is there a rent-a-decent-wreck option you can recommend? Also any recommendations on cheap accommodation's on the Hilo side for the first couple of days or any other advise that might be useful.

In addition the cost of living is high there, any tips on saving money on necessity items food, toiletries, gas etc. and how to avoid the money pits, or vultures preying on unsuspecting tourists and new arrivals.

Living in Los Angeles is slowly suffocating my spirit and I no longer feel safe with all the earthquakes taking place in California now, along with a general feeling that we don't have much time before things get much worse for people on the mainland and it's time to get as far away as possible to reconnect with Gaia. Any advise on the journey to feed my spirit will be much appreciated...thank you!

Namaste,

~A~>

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17269
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
community, eco-village, intentional, radiant, self sustained