Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #26
housemouse2
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Survivalism In Your Home .

Need to have a gun and know how to use it!!!

Now is the time to do so. I keep getting a feeling that the USA will have a massive power outage. Look up EMP attack. That could be what I am sensing will come. Other possibility is a massive solar flare.

For beginners:

start with a revolver for a handgun. long gun, go with a 22.

learn how to use it, clean it and store it.

When this power outage happens you will need to protect yourself and your family. The USA doesn't have enough food in stock to last past a month. You can bet the government will be hoarding it for themselves first.

Something massive is coming. You will need to protect yourself because the police will not be able too and people will turn on each other.

If you are afraid of guns now...you will be even more afraid when one is pointed at you and some stranger takes all your food. It's gonna be dog eat dog.

Bow and arrow would be okay too but a handgun that you can conceal would be best.

Buy a gun, practice using it. Make sure it's a real gun too. Not a paintball gun, bb gun or squirt gun that looks real. This weapon may also be your primary method of hunting.

I suggest 3 weapons if you can:

1 handgun that is concealable. (dear lord - no dirty harry guns that are huge)
2. small cal rifle like a 22 vermin rifle. best for hunting rabbit and small game.
3. shotgun for hunting large game and home defense.

If you can only get one gun I suggest the 22 rifle. It's cheap, easy to use and will easily take small game without blowing a rabbit to pieces. You can carry it long distance, is okay for self defense but a higher cal would be better.

Those who think they will not need a gun need to ask themselves what they will do in the event of a total collapse of the power grids. Police will not come to their rescue, phones will not even work. Police officers will be going home to protect their own families.

We are going to lose the electrical grids, cell towers and radios. We will be looking at a situation of rationed gas, rationed food and no TV, internet, ect.

Please, rethink your strategy and prepare for the worst with whatever means you currently have.
housemouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #27
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

LOL, try and enter my house without my permission, wont need a gun just maybe a solicitor, lol
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #28
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

I honestly do see where you are coming from but i cannot see how a gun will help in a world where we need to work together, my black widow will do enough damage with a half inch steel ball, silent too, except for the ouch bit, lol.
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #29
Swanny
I dont need a label !

The black widow looks good
I have a cheap one but will look out for a black widow
Used to be a great shot when I was a kid, never went anywhere without my catapult
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #30
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

To change the subject but not the Topic... I discovered a way to preserve eggs for up to a year, even longer, without refrigeration.
Last summer we raised 24 Rhode Island Reds and they are producing non-stop, sooooo, found this:

Using sodium silicate (waterglass), 1 pt waterglass to 9 pts water.
Stack the eggs (if fresh, unwashed) narrow end down upon each other in a crock and pour this liquid over to cover by 2". Seal the crock and keep the crock in a cool dry place.

That's a very affordable way to have fresh protein on hand anywhere.
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #31
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Essentials:

Pressure Canner w/lots of jars & lids (anyone can do this, you can preserve whatever food is in your refrigerator/freezer. Make big batches of vegetable stew & can it, start now, very economical.

Seeds for Sprouting: alfalfa/red clover/chia/radish/fenugreek/sunflower, the list is endless, all legumes, brown rice even.... fresh "greens" right on your windowsil. You get thousands of seeds per pound. Economical, space saving, only requires water.

Charcoal Capsules: essential for food poisoning, works like a charm, it's given in emergency rooms.

NAC (n-acetyl-cysteine) - breaks up mucous, lung congestion; is used in emergency/hospitals; buy over the counter in health food stores.

Cayenne Pepper: good medicine/kills virus/stops bleeding wounds/tincture under the tongue stops stroke,heartattacks,panicattacks

Oregano Oil: handle w/great care... will kill pathogens

Coconut Oil: very long keeper, essential fatty acids

Try to have things to trade
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote