Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
keria13
Avalon Senior Member

Default Undeground structures

Hello everyone

I have been googling a lot but still cant find anything right or not expansive to build a vertical shaft ( 10 metres deep) to a shelter . Most of the once i found on the internet either require machines to drill or are to expensive.
The best shape for a vertical shaft would be to a circle shape but then comes the problem how to fill the sides, the square is much easier but then it comes the same way how to make the sides able to absorb the pressure from the sides

i dont want to use wood as it would be bad after some time
the concrete is ok but then a problem occures when you want to make the shaft deeper and concrete weiths a lot by itself. The best way i guess would be to use sort of steel but then its very expansive and it should match exact shapes.

I cant start digging below 1,5 metres below the ground without securing the sides as the pressure of the ground is to high and can cause risk of life

The shaft would be best around 2 metres in diamatre.

If any of You know a cheap way of digging shaft or have any instructions or plans please post me

regards
keria13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
keria13
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Undeground structures

Many tks Anchor this forum is exactly for 3 D topics and i dont see anything bad by trying to obtain knowledge. People which dont ask stick at some point to long its better to think together and movo on. Let the world be a better place in the future, a say hello to everyone here

best regards
Old 01-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

What is it that needs to down the shaft, just people or objects. Does it have to be a vertical shaft?, could it not slope to whatever? 33 feet is a long way to dig by hand especially 6 feet wide.
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
keria13
Avalon Senior Member

Hi there tks for getting in the discussion i am generally looking for any help in this subject and open to other ideas. It has to be vertical shuft unfortunattelly. The exact depth can be changed offcourse, i have found a way around to do this project instead of digging by hand >>>>>>by drilling holes from the above ( by hand made drill ) the depth is gained by joining another bar ( the only problems is when hitting rock!!!!)

Lets assume it would be a vertical shuft with a squere base then one needs to drill 4 holes at each corner of the square by hand drilling from the top a real cheap way to do it as dip as You want. It can be done like 1 hole in a day, then You just have fill the hole with 4 bars of steal and concrete.
When the 4 columns will be done each after 28 days cos concrete needs these days for full strength. At home basis You can make up to 15 to 20 mega pascals of strenght of concrete

Then one can start digging the best way would be to produce a structure which would press column on side against columns on the other side so that tension would be equal on both ends. ( wooden blocks like those in the mines )

Lets assume we dig 5 metres deep so we need more then one third to still be in the ground lets say 2 metres more to make to columns strong in the ground

After we are at bottom we can remove the wood (like from one meter height) and fill the side with strong concrete a meter hight at a time till the top

Then the shaft will be done.

This offcourse in no instructions only thoughts abt the subjest, no one should ever try tu build it without a proper engineer. I am just looking for any helpfull advise,

best regards

Last edited by keria13; 01-04-2010 at 10:10 PM.