Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
Halvor
Avalon Senior Member

Default The signs of an implanted dream?

I had a very interesting sequence of at least three dreams last night. I don't remember what they were about now, but several characters in the dream were people whom I have been around in earlier stages of this life such as school friends, and in one of those dreams I was apparently in a vocation I had some 20 years ago (as a night watchman).

In one of these dreams I became disoriented and reflected in my thoughts inside the dream that I should be able to ascertain where I was (i.e. geographical location on this planet) and what date it was. As I began to ponder this I immediately started waking up as my thoughts apparently grabbed on to reference points of my waking life.

In the final dream there was a repetition of the same process however in an amplified fashion in that I was with a group of my elementary and high school class friends and I basically said to them: "Do you know how you can know that you are in a dream and not in reality? You simply start thinking about what date it is." In fact, I couldn't fully finish the second sentence and I am unsure if the others could hear it because that "reality" became "distant" as I was almost abruptly jerked out of the dream. It felt discernably as if some force pulled me away from the others, not at all like waking up from any other kind of dream.

I have never studied dreams much, except I read probably most of Jung's book Psychology and Alchemy several years back. I assume that this type of occurrence isn't completely strange to people who have investigated the dynamics of dreaming much more than I have.

Can anyone shed some light on what this experience was all about?

(Btw. I have had something very similar happen a few years ago also, but then the subject was dying inside the dream. I died spectacular, violent (but fascinating and exciting) deaths in a series of dreams during the same night and in one scenario I was with a group also consisting of my former classmates, and then, just before we died together I said to them: "Dying isn't so dangerous. You just disappear and then you are in a new place.")

Last edited by Halvor; 12-18-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Halvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:11 AM   #2
carriblu
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The signs of an implanted dream?

i think some dreams are tests, i know what you mean by a feeling of being unnaturally pulled out, its like everything goes black and you wake up its so weird. a lot of times i feel like im giving myslef situations, or something is giving me situations to see how i would react to them. or they are chances to get over old memories and fears. they can be extremely useful cus if you believe something is real life, then you will act like it's real life, so in that way it could be a test of your character.
carriblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:56 AM   #3
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

If you look at dreams as part of a reality that is outside of linear time it would seem that focusing in on the date can draw you out of that "timeless" state of consciousness. Focusing on a specific date might serve as a homing beacon that pulls you into wakefulness... because time is not linear in dreams. Does that seem like a possibility?

Writing this just led me to an interesting thought. I am assuming from your post that you are capable of lucid dreaming. What if you chose some other date while in the dream? say for example a memorable day from several years back... or even a day that you choose in the future... would your consciousness be pulled toward that day? Like it could be a way to jump around in time. It might sound a bit far fetched but I've never actually tried it or heard any discussion of it. It could be an interesting experiment.

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 12-24-2009 at 11:21 PM.
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Halvor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmonkey View Post
I am assuming from your post that you are capable of lucid dreaming. What if you chose some other date while in the dream? say for example a memorable day from several years back....
No, I am not able to dream lucidly beyond these few semi-lucid instances. Actually me becoming lucid in the dream appears to be a trigger for waking me up from the dream.
Halvor is offline   Reply With Quote