Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Europe > UK

Notices

Old 09-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year
Exclamation UK survival kit lists and resources

For those people wishing to stay in UK over the next 4 years or for those who plan to escape to another safer zone, but find they are stuck here due to sudden unexpected cancellations of ports/ships and airport flights...
we urgently need to put together a list of links/resources for people to go buy all their essential equipment.....

there are many sites based in USA who ship out emergency survival kits/masks/weapons etc... but the likelyhood of those orders getting thru customs is very slim...( and we can defo expect a knock on the door from authorities!!!)

If anyone has info links to getting stuff around the UK that would be helpful!!

In addition, I am going to start a list HERE NOW... of essentials we ALL must be starting to stock up on... please add to this list !! As the days/weeks roll on we should establish a really good contingency plan!

vehicle/campervan ( another form of fuel-not petrol!)
tent/camping equipment
dried food/grains/pulses/milk/flour
oil/seasoning/spices
seeds
water purifiers
vitamins.minerals
toilet rolls!
first aid
medication
breathing apperatus ( where possible)
source of lighting/ fire making tools/wood/coal/ burners
candles
first aid info
solar energy appliences

.........and now onto the next person...?

PLEASE CAN PEOPLE JUST ADD THEIR LINKS OR LISTS HERE ...DO NOT USE THIS THREAD AS CONVERSATION...KEEP IT AS A SIMPLE REFERENCE LIST!

thanks to all of u in advance who will be contributing here...
peace!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
vipersocks
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: UK survival kit lists and resources

http://www.ki4u.com/guide.htm

This is a good basic survival guide and provides info on all the essentials you will need and attempts to prioritize the importance of each subject.
vipersocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
skysurfer
Avalon Senior Member

An obvious source of alternative fuel is wood.
So much good potential fuel goes to landfill from overflowing skips.
Most people with a skip in their driveways are pleased to have you raid it for old timber because they have more room for new junk.
A chainsaw or even a bow saw and an axe or two and a corner to store your free fuel and at least - if you've a fireplace - you'll stay warm for a while.
Dave
skysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
firstfruit
Avalon Senior Member

You can get all your protection from wild animals and survival gadgets here

http://www.ronniesunshines.com/index2.php?page=home

Here is also a good place for how to dry fruit and store it and some good ideas for survival.

http://www.aliendeceptions.com/

In the event of nuclear war you will need these potassium iodate k103 the link I had dose not work sorry
firstfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
IronWoman

Cool Re: UK survival kit lists and resources

thank you soo much!! i'd like to add to that list!.. u can MAGNESIUM STICKS to make fire easily and sodium tablets or sumthing to purify water!!
a good book by the way "back to basics" as i've heard.. and still have to buy it myself

love to all!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

Why not check out the resources list at the top of the page!
There is a pdf survival manual, and a free energy guide.
I already posted the solar cooker which works well.
Decathlon do dehydrated foods (expensive) for climbers etc. Check for GM content. Costco also do meals in packs, but no indication of organic/GM sources.
If someone is a member of a warehouse club like this, please share with relatives or friends and split the cost.
Remember - back gardens were always supposed to be 'out-of-view' veggie gardens - not botanical wonderlands! Dig a bit up!
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #7
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

You will need a good knife,fire lighting equipment an army flint.
There are many books around today a good one is the sas survival book only tiny you can pop in your pocket.
Shows plants for healing, what you can eat etc.
Food will be scarce you will have to go back to basics it will be hard for some.
get experiences from the older generation those of us who have been through wars they have good tips.
Wear clothes in layers to keep warm!
As possible a weapon of sorts maybe sling shot! because although i am not a violent person it will be the the survival of the fittest or pure strength.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #8
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the start up of survival information flow.I'm going to start stocking up on dried/canned foods/vitamins.Where can we buy the K iodate from in the U.K.?
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:33 AM   #9
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

i stocked up on PURE TRIM
(non gmo-mixes with water/i put 16 oz of water,
with one pack-and, put half of it (8oz) over 8 oz of ice
(makes two meals) and, it's living food -- all plant proteins
two flavours - real vanilla, or real chocolate
(you can even turn it into healthy ice cream)
it also tastes delicious, and, is based on very old
mediterrean diet
(i lost 45 lbs & 22% body fat in 12 weeks,
with this product)
using a NON-gmo BASE
tossing things like milk, and, using this instead,
i am NOW 125 lbs, and, only 19% body fat
pure trim...
www.workingwonders.awarenesshealth.com
(available in canada / and, the usa)

i also use rgarden's free energy water devise
they also have amazing selection of organics / greens /
flower essences / colo. silver / vitamin O - esp; good
for many things-esp. high altitude living / brown seaweed / red wine extracts / pine barks / herbal blends
and, they are specially formulated and tested,
in the USA -- so, you support USA company
www.rgarden.net/workingwonders
(we will ship anywhere in the world)

i also use products that don't harm the earth
pass the 7 day river test, in less than 7 days
it's a good idea, to stock up on cleaning supplies,
and, personal care products
they even have safe non-toxic cosmetics
and, a line called 2nd chance shampoo
and, conditioner, that regenerates hair
www.ineways.com/workingwonders
(available in canada/usa/russia/UK/australia/new zealand)

it's real important
to use safe non-toxic products
without chemicals

all the companies above; do that

brightest blessings
i am
The eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #10
Hardibobs
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all, just recently visited a large army surplus store called anchor supplies. purchased some good kit and at a reasonable price.
website is http://www.anchorsupplies.com/
check them out, i visited the ripley store outside chesterfield.
Hardibobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #11
Hardibobs
Avalon Senior Member

Hi again
If anyone is interested in Archery supplies i highly recommend :-

http://www.merlinarcherycentre.co.uk/
Very fast and efficient delivery.

they sell some really good kit.
Hardibobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:25 PM   #12
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

I have bought nearly all of my equipment from ebay. All is brand new of course as you dont want it failing. I bought 10 nbc suits (nuclear bio chemicle suite for £30, all brand new, army issue and still seals in there orginal vacuum packs. I have bought my whole survival kit pretty much from ebay. Even down to a 18 man tent just in case we have to be on the move.
I would recommend getting a dog of a guarding breed.I have 3 which i will also breed from. They are of the guarding and hunting breed so they can help with the hunting of food and protection.
I know i am looking at this worse case, but Chance favour's the prepared mind'
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #13
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

I think being armed with a good sense of humour can also stand you in good stead-let's not forget the basics!lol
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #14
kevino

Hi, its my first post as I think I may have something to contribute here.
If you're thinking about the first aid kits I would recommend adding some MMS from Jim Humble as it is so effective against a range of problems. This is also available in the UK and I can testify to its effectiveness.
all the best to everyone
kev
Old 09-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #15
ICF_Wax
Avalon Senior Member

FirstAid Sauce's...

*Medical Supplys.
Themost important aspect of medicine in a Survival Context is to keep things clean, and to calm pain.

Thyme, contain's Thymol (ie listerine) and can be used to medicate bandages.

Garlic contains Allicin a powerful Anti-biotic and phytoncide an anti-fungal compound.

Lettuce Milk or Lactucarium (from the flowering stems of Lettuce) can be used to control pain.

Vodka, Cheap & Versitile.
Do all daisy's contain Lactucarium, do all onions produce similer Allicin type compounds? Why? How? if you have some sort of erh... rudimentary botanical explaination for how this works, I would be interested to read about it

Extreem Food Surplus Alterative

*FoodStockpile
Watch out for pesticides, shotguns and crop circles etc.., but erh...The fields are full of food right now....

Last edited by ICF_Wax; 09-14-2008 at 01:09 AM.
ICF_Wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #16
simple simon
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: UK survival kit lists and resources

Theives Blend is a very good antibiotic. It was used by theieves in France during a period of plague. They robbed a lot of the dieing and dead victims of the plague without becoming unwell themselves.

Its completely herbal, but I do not know of any UK shops which sell it. It can be bought from the USA, but this is not a solution for those who want to avoid mail order.

Simon

(For more info visit http://www.secretofthieves.com )
simple simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #17
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

any electrical engineers out there ??? i have plans and vids and loads of inof collected ready to get an HH0 device going. let me know if anyone is interested. my mian thought was converting a petrol generator to run on water
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #20
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.respro.com/protection-faqs/
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #21
PhyRoxin
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: UK survival kit lists and resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
any electrical engineers out there ??? i have plans and vids and loads of inof collected ready to get an HH0 device going. let me know if anyone is interested. my mian thought was converting a petrol generator to run on water
Hi Merk.

I had a mechanic friend who used to live next door and at that time I was at the height of enthusiasm for the current goings on with the mass disclosure phenomenon. I had been brought to the understanding of free energy whilst doing some research into planet x on yowusa.com, this eventually led to my discovery of the Joe-Cell and Browns Gas. So with the exciting prospect of getting to work and anywhere in the uk for only £11 a month (water bill - Severn Trent/Corporate Scum) and make good of the information, I passed it on to somebody who could make it happen. Suffice to say little happened due to the lack of communication as shortly after I handed the blueprints for the Joe-Cell over he moved away. I still have his number so I can chase this up.

Have you seen the developments of the Moe-Joe Cell recently:
http://www.moe-joe-working.com/
PhyRoxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:08 PM   #22
Bobcat
Avalon Senior Member

Hiya all, im new here.

Supose im quitelucky as i'v been hunting fishing and outdoors my whole life so I have most things.

I would recomend getting a book on trees so you can learn about the different timbers that are used in different ways. Some for making tools some for a hot fire some timber for a long burn. i.e. You can tap the silver birch for the rising sap in spring " dont forget to plug the whole after".

The use of trees shouldnt be underestemated.

See, somtimes you dont want a fire that burns to bright and that will create attention but will keep you warm !!

If this crazy fools get away with this, a plan is vital. If you get pushed out of your homes and get forced into the hills/woods, you dont want to plant a garden in a block!! You should plant in random areas. So you can walk and gather rather than having a plot wich need alot of light and its easy to spot from the sky.

"sorry for my spelling "

Sharp knife " vital "
Small axe
Large axe
flint
tent
good boots
lots of socks
Talk powder
modern rucksack
flasks
Plastic containers/bags

Dont forget you might need to carry it all !!

crossbow/bow is easy to get for anyone.

i'll leave it there for the moment..

Hope somthing helped a bit

Kindest Regards

Bobcat
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #23
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
any electrical engineers out there ??? i have plans and vids and loads of inof collected ready to get an HH0 device going. let me know if anyone is interested. my main thought was converting a petrol generator to run on water
As good as I'm an Automotive engineer with a physics / Acoustic background. I'd like to have a go so I could show people at work!!! If I still have time that is 99.9% of engineers will say it can't be done! They all think I'm nuts when I say you can run it off water. I'd like to find out!
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #24
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi thumb_yellow,

You seem to have quite an extensive list for a survival package. Seems more like things to take on your hols!

I, during my brief life on this earth, have got to know many people who live 'on the road' and have learned quite a bit from them. You can put everything you need on your back (I did when I was younger and travelled Europe). I would consider buying a bicycle and figure out ways to keep a light load.

Things like gas masks are only useful if you have a large store of filters, oxygen tanks etc. If you need to move around the UK to keep one step ahead, the one step ahead is better than any gas mask. If you need a gas mask you are only prolonging your own death.

The most important thing you will need is knowledge. Knowledge of which plants serve as food, even water. Knowledge of how to kill a rabbit, pheasant etc. Knowledge of the countryside and how it works. Basically, knowledge of what is going on around you.

I'm sure you would at least have some plan of action, places in the country to where you would escape to. If you're able to, make a pre-run of how you will act in the case of an emergency, hiding secret chachês of equipment or resources on your 'emergency' trail.

Also consider getting a dog. A dog is relatively low maintenance and is good for an early warning system as their sense of smell and audition are heightened. They will also guard you when you are resting / sleeping and warn you of predators.

I suppose I'm lucky as I got away to Brazil, which isn't under any direct threat (until the US wants to invade Venezuela, I suppose) but even then I have my escape route. I'll get off to the farm.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehorse10 View Post
For those people wishing to stay in UK over the next 4 years or for those who plan to escape to another safer zone, but find they are stuck here due to sudden unexpected cancellations of ports/ships and airport flights...
we urgently need to put together a list of links/resources for people to go buy all their essential equipment.....

there are many sites based in USA who ship out emergency survival kits/masks/weapons etc... but the likelyhood of those orders getting thru customs is very slim...( and we can defo expect a knock on the door from authorities!!!)

If anyone has info links to getting stuff around the UK that would be helpful!!

In addition, I am going to start a list HERE NOW... of essentials we ALL must be starting to stock up on... please add to this list !! As the days/weeks roll on we should establish a really good contingency plan!

vehicle/campervan ( another form of fuel-not petrol!)
tent/camping equipment
dried food/grains/pulses/milk/flour
oil/seasoning/spices
seeds
water purifiers
vitamins.minerals
toilet rolls!
first aid
medication
breathing apperatus ( where possible)
source of lighting/ fire making tools/wood/coal/ burners
candles
first aid info
solar energy appliences

.........and now onto the next person...?

PLEASE CAN PEOPLE JUST ADD THEIR LINKS OR LISTS HERE ...DO NOT USE THIS THREAD AS CONVERSATION...KEEP IT AS A SIMPLE REFERENCE LIST!

thanks to all of u in advance who will be contributing here...
peace!

Last edited by Steve_A; 09-18-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:57 AM   #25
Bobcat
Avalon Senior Member

A good magazine to read is the "Shooting Times", it comes out every thursday. It will teach you so much about harvesting from the country side.
It will also teach you about the ethics of the country side and how to sustain it
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote