Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

View Poll Results: What shall happen to the Avalon Forum?
Bring it back to the original state 47 47.00%
The alterations are OK 50 50.00%
Let it die 3 3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #26
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Default Re: Bring back avalon to the original state - please!!!

The Poll is premature. The forum changes are still being worked on.

How about giving them a chance to get things settled down and on the course they originally envisioned for the place, and then decide whether you're happy with it or not.

I for one am happy with the chosen direction, and am anticipating things settling into a more focused, purposeful, and less fearful/more action oriented reality.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #27
Stephen

I do not always agree with King Lear but, I do in this case....

EDIT: Did I mention that I do NOT always Agree with King Lear? hehe!

Last edited by Stephen; 09-24-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #28
stefaan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
The Poll is premature. The forum changes are still being worked on.

How about giving them a chance to get things settled down and on the course they originally envisioned for the place, and then decide whether you're happy with it or not.

I for one am happy with the chosen direction, and am anticipating things settling into a more focused, purposeful, and less fearful/more action oriented reality.
Right on the nail.
Some people are so fast to jump to conclusion, not giving things any chance at all.
Threads or gone, post or gone, the Camelot is closed... well yes.
But haven't you heard it by now?
They are looking for a better way of organising things.
Nothing is final yet.
What is gone, will come back, just maybe in other places.
Camelot will be opened again.
Don't worry, be happy.
stefaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #29
Racsouran
Banned

I still think that with the censorship requesting for high quality threads and responses to be posted has killed completely the initial forum this initiative brought, at least to me, in the beggining.

Now, i feel fear on expressing my opinion. There is something terribly wrong in this asking for only positive things instead of ALL things. We are consciously suppressing ourselves, and a huge part of reality that should be taking into account.

Supposedly surrounded by people who talks about a love and light wich i barely feel and see here, something stills tells me it is something wrong in it. This is not a hopeful place any longer; it was when it was crazy and wild, like nature itself. Well, haha, that´s because i despise communities in the first place, and, also, because they seems to think the worst case scenario will happen. And that without any serious proof still, but only serious speculations, then we have to get used to be back to middle ages....

The tiranny being implemented here based on love and light is not any different than anyohter else implemented on whatever other feelings. This is scary, people who buy that scares the hell outta me. Because i have seen that kind of attitude before, in history, and was an awful sight.

Godlike productions then remains as the best forum i have found yet, only by it´s bizarre mix. OM and ats have nothing to do against.

Last edited by Racsouran; 09-24-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Racsouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #30
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

You're right, Stefaan - I pray, but is there really time? I do hope so. If/When the events promised us on the 14-10-2008 transpire the site will have to change again, yes? It's a good thing though - we'll have little to gripe about and more to celebrate.

Racsouran, positve/nagative are very earth bond concepts - I know that's where most of us live on this site - but feel that we have to rise above postive and negative and just view thoughts as 'thoughts'...

Last edited by Mark; 09-24-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #31
Racsouran
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Racsouran, positve/nagative are very earth bond concepts - I know that's where most of us live on this site - but feel that we have to rise above postive and negative and just view thoughts as 'thoughts'...

Thoughts are thoughts, what a new.. we can do that but things will still happening the same, that is what scares me.

Well, as an scared person, not by the probable truth, because i am well aware of every one exposed on the internet, but by the supposed truth bearers, maybe i gotta get out of here as soon as possible, lol.

Last edited by Racsouran; 09-24-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Racsouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #32
ghglenn
Avalon Senior Member

I hope the changes help to get this forum back on track. Version 1.0 was a "fuster-cluck"... Post responsibly.
ghglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #33
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lear View Post
I urge you knights of Avalon,
bring back the Avalon Forum to its original state!

Before it was a market place of ideas, information and inspiring discussions and now it's like a ghost town.

Bring it back to the original state!
Well, isn't the reason we are here at Avalon is to prepare for changes?

as for the comment of the "Rocky" start...

it's more like a comet, that has exploded with energy.

Let the mods get things organized and I'm sure it will open up again for all of us to comment on the threads we need...

and hey, nothing is stopping any of us from copying a thread and starting in an area for discussion...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #34
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

We are all enteral light - there is nothing in this dimension to be scared of - nothing in any dimension - that includes mother-in-laws.

Listening to Kerry and the Green interview going on about planet X - hope the UFO stuff is coming back
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #35
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

When you are a guest in a house that is not yours, you don't move their furniture around to suit your tastes.

A forum is the same thing.

It is the forum creators' prerogative to do as they see fit in accord to their objectives.

Would you go to a friend's house and say:
If you don't organize your furniture to my taste I won't be coming back?

People give a lot of advice.

But advice is only valuable when:
1- Tt is asked for
2- It really is made for the benefit of the recipient.

But people see things from their perspective and their advice is generally geared toward their own experience, therefore pretty useless to the one at which the advice is given.

We want to change the world to fit our personal views so that we may not have to change.
Changing others for one's own sake is a subtle game of influence, and influence is under the law of domination.

So, imagine what this means for communication. Everybody pulling the cover to his corner. No surprise if the cover tears at one point.

People don't really want to change. They want the world around them to adjust to their condition. And he who has the most clout prevails. And that has to change, but it can only change if individuals change.

So, if I come here and am gracefully allowed in, I must have enough respect to accept the rules of the rulers of the house.
Richard T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #36
kayak
Avalon Senior Member

Personally, Starchild, you may enjoy the color emphasis of your text.

I, for one reader of this forum, find it excessive.

As Gilbert and Sullivan commented in "The Gondoliers":
"If everybody is somebody, then nobody is anybody."

Suggestion: Use emphasis sparsely, to retain its value when truly necessary.

I am Kayak--I edit for a living.
kayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #37
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with Richard T.
And it helps to simply not MIND what happens.
I'm grateful to be here, and practice consideration for those who provide it.

Circles,
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #38
historycircus

Ladies and Gentlemen of Avalon,

There are several threads now that express dissatisfaction over the changes, but I just don't understand. We are still expressing and exchanging ideas here - heck, the only problem I had was the 24 hours it was down. It doesn't seem much different than before. The fact that there are multiple threads still running bemoaning the changes should say something. I don't really understand what is so terrible about the relaunch - am I missing something?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #39
Lotus
Avalon Senior Member

I'm just very grateful Avalon is back. Here we are now. Let's keep it going with patience, respect and love.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #40
Angel of the Mists
Avalon Senior Member

Hey folks.....
Seems like we're not to keen on change!! And yet we are just about to face probably the biggest and most serious changes any of us have experienced this life time. Lets reflect on our feelings about these changes on the project Avalon forum and look at how we can turn any 'negative' energy around these feelings, into something positive. It might help us to constructively prepare for what lies ahead as members of The Ground Crew....

Angel of the Mists
Angel of the Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #41
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Otherwise I fear, it will die.
After only 2 weeks.

Before it was a maket place of ideas, information and inspring discussions and now it's like a ghost town.

Many members already posted that they want to delete their account, leave the forum or don't post any new information anymore.

It's ridiculous that so many interesting and well visited threads are now closed - "read only"

Don't kill your own child Avalonists!!!

The worst famine is comming and its a famine of spiritual food (Knowledge).
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #42
Stephen

Quote:
Would you go to a friend's house and say:
If you don't organize your furniture to my taste I won't be coming back?
Actually, at my Best Friend's House...then YES!
When there is need.
I just had surgery and they did move furniture around when I asked.
I had the need in order to sit comfortablely...
My Best Friend allows me access to his fridge, computer, TV, etc.
That is what Best Friends are for.
We give to one another...WITHOUT keeping Score!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #43
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinderland View Post
Where are all the threads under John Lear part of Camelot forum?? I thought they are at least available as read-only?

I was reading one thread that has 12 pages, but only managed to reach page 10 when the maintanence began.

Now there is only one "Welcome" thread in the John Lear forum. Wish the threads would come back. There was lots of fantastic information from John Lear himself ...
Bill has said that some threads seem to be lost for the moment. They are trying to get them back.

You can still pretty much post whatever you want to here, under General Discussion, just as before. What people can't do now is attack the Witnesses. Witnesses will still consider questions through PM. All that is lost is people like Henry Deacon, who is in ill health, having to deal with a free for all. He's here to help, but he was attacked constantly. I agree that there is no reason he should have to put up with that. Perhaps some thinking about what "free expression" is should happen. We ARE trying to be somewhat respectful of each other, aren't we?
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #44
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Otherwise I fear, it will die.
After only 2 weeks.

Before it was a maket place of ideas, information and inspring discussions and now it's like a ghost town.

Many members already posted that they want to delete their account, leave the forum or don't post any new information anymore.

It's ridiculous that so many interesting and well visited threads are now closed - "read only"

Don't kill your own child Avalonists!!!
King Lear, show us your real face.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #45
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

actually hadnt noticed that much change since i only use this site for ground crew survival purposes.. ill get more spiritual when i find a spot to be in and have at least some sort of plan.. i want to learn TM and othere stuff. thast can wait till were move furhter ahead with the more pressing issue of continuing to draw breath having food to consume, fresh water to drink blah blah blaqh
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #46
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

by the way upsetting people like henry deacon is totally criminal and egotistical.. not your fault americans i know its the ultra toxic water and aspartame ect thast makes you riled up and argumentative... (only kidding ) come pon people lets get to the job at hand. having descent humans surivve what comes next not just people from underground bases.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #47
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

I’ll be honest and blunt and pardon me if I seem negative, I mean this in the best regards and point no fingers at anyone.

I was disappointed in how Avalon took off. All I saw was the same old posts found on just about every conspiracy forum across the net, even in the same format. I looked like 1500 people who used to live on ATS changed addresses to Avalon and proceeded to treat Avalon like it was theirs. Massive posting too numerous to keep up with, most of it regurgitated rhetoric of the samo samo found everywhere else, and served with a side helping of moral competition, and belittlement, while calling it debate.

FINALLY we got witnesses to come aboard yet these guys were assaulted by doubt and near ridicule. I saw a lot of skeptics come here and started all kinds of disrespectful crap that painted this new creation the same color as ATS where the most of the respect is owned by those who know how to be the biggest ******* while JUST skirting under the rules like some demented sport.

If I wanted a place to define myself in the eyes of voyeuristic pixelated people I could have gone no farther than all the other places on the net that all look the same, talking about the same news bytes, pointing out all the same articles everyone has probably already read because we too troll the news daily without needing people rushing to be the first to post just about any conspiracy related news. Glory related mental masturbation IMHO. This place was supposed to be different, yet I feel that there was a rush of folks who wanted to make a cookie cutter site just like the Jones’s rife with the same discord found just about everywhere else.

Not all came here for the reasons it was created, many saw it as a new virtual battleground where the grass is greener, unconquered and the people although positive, are ripe to those who are like literary predators seeking to spread their dissent against the potentiality of this site and its purpose for the sake of "debate". What do we need to debate anyway, are we not all here because essentially we all already agree on the nature of things?

I am happy for the change. We already have TONS of places to go and read up on this stuff and debate it with anonymous people, half of whom we despise because they are not on the same page as we are, and laugh at what we consider sacred. I did not want this to be a place of heated debate where there are winners and losers because the internet is FULL of these places, why one more?

I am happy for the changes, it is why I came here in the fist place….in fact I am ecstatic. I'm sorry for the rant, I rarely do it, but I felt this needed to be said. Maybe I am just in a sour mood.

My two cents.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #48
Chris Parson
Avalon Senior Member

i'm unhappy about my barbara marciniak thread being deleted from the spirituality forum.

it definitely affects my general attitude about this forum.

edit: found it in the books forum

Last edited by Chris Parson; 09-26-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Chris Parson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #49
gazbom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Parson View Post
i'm unhappy about my barbara marciniak thread being deleted from the spirituality forum.

it definitely affects my general attitude about this forum.
Why don't you just re-post it?
Anyway, it was a little strange and alien yesterday, (scuse the pun) but it's regaining it's edge again, it's almost back to normal!

Last edited by gazbom; 09-25-2008 at 07:00 PM.
gazbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #50
linkes
Avalon Senior Member

Default OMG all these threats

OMG all these threats

Project Camelot is a new forum and like anything new it will have teething issues it takes time, especially when there is so much information bombarding a system.

I suppose they don’t want to loose it and want some kind of order, but if you are threatening to leave because you cant post what you want then you are here for the wrong reasons.

Yes the new way is not working but why then make threats just say it’s not working.

I am on a spiritual site called lightworkers.org and Adeon has managed to organise everything so no information is lost maybe they should have a chat with him and see what he says and what principals he used.
linkes is offline   Reply With Quote