Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #26
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: FEAR: How do we overcome it?

I should add that the question then becomes 'how do we not become it' rather than 'how do we overcome it'. Because instead of fighting against the condition, you become aware of it, therefore you don't lose consciousness.

Fear has for purpose to neutralize consciousness when used as a weapon.

Other than that, it is an animal function. And man is not an animal, even though he has invested an animal body.
Richard T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #27
Sickscent
Avalon Senior Member

Fear must be confronted and overcome. By confronting it you gain knowledge of how to overcome it. It is a product of our Ego and though cannot be completely removed, it is necessary to rid fear to the fullest extent in order for spiritual growth to continue its progression. Fear is the prime blocking center for enlightenment.
Sickscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #28
kymbirly
Avalon Senior Member

I spent many years trying to use philosophy and spirituality to stop living in fear. I could intellectualize it but in the dark hours of the night the fear was always there.

two things have helped me stop living in fear.

1. Worst case scenario: what's the worst that could happen? Death? No. Torture? Yes. Then I go through this process: Right Now. I can feel the torture of my brother/sister humans. I think a lot of our fear is our unconscious oneness with others who are being treated or afflicted the way we are afraid of. It is happening right now to someone. "Worlds are being thrown away...world party" So when I feel fear, I recognize it as Real. I feel the fear, and then I survive it. I then tend to feel like I should appreciate this moment and my experience now--which is safe and well-fed. So however trivial, I try to experience a calm or creative or sensual moment. I had the best raspberry sorbet you can imagine. It felt so trivial. But just perhaps that feeling of pleasure connected to the collective unconscious.

2. Handbook for the New Paradigm absolutely transformed my fear as part of my victim-ness into responsibility for myself and empowerment. Once I decided to no longer play the part of the victim (my modus operandi for my life up to now) and take responsibility for my role and my spiritual healing, a huge amount of fear dissipated. I consider the responsibility informing myself and preparing spiritually and physically (quinoa in the closet) for change.

And for your friends devastated by the stock market crash: who cares. It was money they never really had anyway just symbols on an idea. I have never had a lot of money in the bank and have never had money invested in the stock market and have always been underemployed. I'm just fine, and that raspberry sorbet was incredible!
kymbirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #29
Baggywrinkle

Feel the fear. Do it anyway.

It is normal to be afraid.

Just think for a moment about jumping out of a perfectly
good airplane. Your foot is on the step. The slip stream
tugs at your leg. You look down, your stomach in knots.
Take a deep breath and just do it. Eyes wide open. Scream if you need to - that's where the war cry came from - fear.

You will never be more alive than at the moment of your
death. Meet it head on.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #30
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Hello friends,

It's always good and uplifting to ride through the" Spirituality" threads.
To day I created a new social group " The Sancturary" .A place to remind us that Spirit is where it all starts from. It's not a discussion board but a safe space where one can go to and read inspirational quotes or look at images of beauty manifesting .
You are most welcome to pay it a visit and add a line of your own spirited minds.

kindness

mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote