Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #26
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Spate of banned members..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
This problem of banning is only for those who cannot be social enough to debate. And if you cannot do that constructively...you have no business here.

Hate filled mockery? The only ones that had any hateful response were the ones banned. And prompted it. so being that you are new here..maybe before you decide to be a judge..you might want to go back and read the banned members posts. Then decide. And come back with some constructive thoughts in the matter

As you are new here..it might be in your interest to also create some positive threads to assure you are not one of the banned members
I don't go around proclaiming positive energy. That's useless.

I fix problems. I don't stop until they're fixed.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #27
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Why don't you guys answer his question instead of proving TruthWalker's point?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #28
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #29
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthWalker View Post
It's absolutely pointless to ban people. It makes more sense to work out what the problem is and fix it so the community can run better in the future. Banning anyone people don't like is silly. We all can't like everyone. That's life. Clicking "ban" is weak.
2 members were banned. Both were PM'ed from Moderators, as a line of communication. Both were given the opportunity to 'review' their statements and to try and fit in.

In regards to 'regular' members, several posts were made by Mods, to all those concerned, to refrain from posting unproductive remarks.

After careful consideration, the Moderator team 'worked out the problem' and action was taken.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #30
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

you mods, know how to,
rock it, and, roll it
Old 12-16-2009, 08:24 AM   #31
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
you mods, know how to,
rock it, and, roll it
Well lets see..
Old 12-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #32
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
I thought I did. And the truth be told..I actually befriended one of the banned members so to help him get his message out, and concerns. Only for him to go sideways again.

Anchor, you know as well as I that it can get heated out here, where discussion is concerned. But there are rules here too. And I have yet to see you ban anyone unless rules are broken. You and the other mods usually give plenty of warning before a ban.

So I feel this is a moot thread...my opinion only.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #33
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

I've seen a few long time PA forum people here act like complete jerks over the past few days.

I know exactly what is going on here. I also know that I cant stop it - but I also know that you can/could - but I wonder if it is likely to happen that way, so I guess we will see how this plays out.

What I want everyone to do is to act reasonably and within the forum guidelines (broadly interpreted)

Let each of us take full personal responsibility for every thought action word and deed, and be in harmony with ourselves and our otherselves.

A..
Old 12-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #34
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Truthwalker=M1*=WarriorServant= a man who must begin to recognize Christ in others before he can truly Love God. Respecting others, loving others, understanding others, is Loving God.

For what you have done unto the least of these, you have done unto me says the Christ.

Curious however, what exactly do you wish to prove M1*? Why do you continually belittle others posts if they do not meet whatever standard you have set up and try to control the forum like you own it? What's in it for you?

Why do you choose to not have respect for others viewpoints? Why do you wish to participate in a discussion forum when you don't really want to hear what others have to say unless it is exactly what you want to hear?

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 12-16-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #35
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
Truthwalker=M1*=WarriorServant= a man who must begin to recognize Christ in others before he can truly Love God. Respecting others, loving others, understanding others, is Loving God.

For what you have done unto the least of these, you have done unto me says the Christ.

Curious however, what exactly do you wish to prove M1*? Why do you continually belittle others posts if they do not meet whatever standard you have set up and try to control the forum like you own it? What's in it for you?

Why do you choose to not have respect for others viewpoints? Why do you wish to participate in a discussion when you don't really want to hear what others have to say unless it is exactly what you want to hear?
People need to respect others opinions and let each other have a say.

A forum following such a spirit will answer all of your questions above.

I can't speak for anyone else - but I am here for serious, sincere and constructive dialog. If I cannot get that, I have to stop and make sure people wake up to themselves before I can continue saying what ever it is I wished to say -- in peace.

I do not attack others. I do not prevent others from voicing their opinion. I do not belittle others. I am a fair person who has been made out to be a troll, when in fact - I am one of the most serious people on this entire forum.

If I didn't care about truth, I wouldn't be shaking the place up. All that I say has a sincere reason. All that I do, even though it seems harsh, is intended to create mature conversation. I know I can't get that done unless I shake a few people. That's sad - but that's life.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #36
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
People need to respect others opinions and let each other have a say.

A forum following such a spirit will answer all of your questions above.

I can't speak for anyone else - but I am here for serious, sincere and constructive dialog. If I cannot get that, I have to stop and make sure people wake up to themselves before I can continue saying what ever it is I wished to say -- in peace.

I do not attack others. I do not prevent others from voicing their opinion. I do not belittle others. I am a fair person who has been made out to be a troll, when in fact - I am one of the most serious people on this entire forum.

If I didn't care about truth, I wouldn't be shaking the place up. All that I say has a sincere reason. All that I do, even though it seems harsh, is intended to create mature conversation. I know I can't get that done unless I shake a few people. That's sad - but that's life.
Don't shake to hard my friend, or your message will not get heard.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #37
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross H View Post
Don't shake to hard my friend, or your message will not get heard.
My message wasn't getting heard in the first place.

If I didn't think I could make an example out of these people, I wouldn't be sitting here allowing them to make my point for me.

My point is slowly filtering through the forums, and everyone will be better off for it.

Until that time, I do apologize for all the seemingly useless distraction.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #38
Swanny
I dont need a label !

If some one get banned and the general feeling towards that person is they are a twat why would they want to come back. Maybe they are a bit stupid???
Old 12-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #39
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

This forum is no ones personal property. It belongs to many hundreds of people. It is not up to one person to come in and make their truth the truth for the others. This is simply not the way. It is not the way that Jesus taught, it is very disruptive to a community.

Community = Coming into Unity.

People on this forum come from completely and totally different backgrounds. There's no right or wrong here, there are a multitude of viewpoints and each member has a piece of the puzzle of truth. It is love that will take every member higher, not forcing our belief system on them.

Respect it the first key to being a member of any community including this one. Respect for differences.

Many threads may be started by a poster who wants to discuss one particular viewpoint, however, because this is a community, not owned by one person, the thread takes on a life of it's own. The subject will almost always expand from the original post. That is how truth comes out, that is how we learn.

The original poster does not own their thread any more than they own any of the members that are posting in it.

If we don't like what is being said in a thread, it is our choice to ignore it. There is absolutely no reason to tell people what they should and should not be posting.

There is also no reason to be negative with people. People are not here to fight, they are here to learn.

The reality is that we live in a very important time for humanity and this little community and many of it's members have great opportunities to grow in the Light and have their talents multiplied at the right time, to truly be leaders to help humanity move through the great tests it is facing ahead of us.

Love is the only way.

There is another reality, trying to disrupt the flow of a community like this, seeking to destroy it, even inadvertantly, represents a very great misuse of energy, whether or not we understand the concept of Karma, it should be clear that we indeed do reap as we sew.

Sew the wind (disruption, control, trying to control others free will), and we will reap the whirlwind.

Each of us has an opportunity here Now to help this world and to Be Love. To follow the words of Jesus rather than the words of the false churches that have hijacked his message using fear rather than love.

This is the opportunity for all of us. Why not choose the side of Light rather than the side of wanting to control others thoughts, posts and actions?

Let them Be, and you Be, and we'll all Be.

What do you say? Why not give it a try?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #40
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
If some one get banned and the general feeling towards that person is they are a twat why would they want to come back. Maybe they are a bit stupid???
I assure you I am not even close to stupid.

It is comments like this on the forum that cause distraction.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #41
Swanny
I dont need a label !

No it's people like you that cause distraction
Old 12-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #42
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Oh Swanny...but he is so much fun....our warriorservant
Old 12-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #43
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

You're just proving my point for me people.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #44
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
So why stay???
Old 12-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #45
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Now Swanny..have you started working for the GFL... Out to distract us all with that darn Wabbit
Old 12-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #46
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
which point would that be....you have so many, I can't keep up the pace.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #47
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
Now Swanny..have you started working for the GFL... Out to distract us all with that darn Wabbit
yea....bad Wabbit
Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #48
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

What is happening above outlines the "root" of the problem on this forum.

These particular members (among others) are responsible for derailing many threads on this forum.

It needs to stop.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #49
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I've just had a mince pie and a mug of coffee for my breakfast what did you have???
Old 12-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #50
TruthWalker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
This forum is no ones personal property. It belongs to many hundreds of people. It is not up to one person to come in and make their truth the truth for the others. This is simply not the way. It is not the way that Jesus taught, it is very disruptive to a community.

Community = Coming into Unity.

People on this forum come from completely and totally different backgrounds. There's no right or wrong here, there are a multitude of viewpoints and each member has a piece of the puzzle of truth. It is love that will take every member higher, not forcing our belief system on them.

Respect it the first key to being a member of any community including this one. Respect for differences.

Many threads may be started by a poster who wants to discuss one particular viewpoint, however, because this is a community, not owned by one person, the thread takes on a life of it's own. The subject will almost always expand from the original post. That is how truth comes out, that is how we learn.

The original poster does not own their thread any more than they own any of the members that are posting in it.

If we don't like what is being said in a thread, it is our choice to ignore it. There is absolutely no reason to tell people what they should and should not be posting.

There is also no reason to be negative with people. People are not here to fight, they are here to learn.

The reality is that we live in a very important time for humanity and this little community and many of it's members have great opportunities to grow in the Light and have their talents multiplied at the right time, to truly be leaders to help humanity move through the great tests it is facing ahead of us.

Love is the only way.

There is another reality, trying to disrupt the flow of a community like this, seeking to destroy it, even inadvertantly, represents a very great misuse of energy, whether or not we understand the concept of Karma, it should be clear that we indeed do reap as we sew.

Sew the wind (disruption, control, trying to control others free will), and we will reap the whirlwind.

Each of us has an opportunity here Now to help this world and to Be Love. To follow the words of Jesus rather than the words of the false churches that have hijacked his message using fear rather than love.

This is the opportunity for all of us. Why not choose the side of Light rather than the side of wanting to control others thoughts, posts and actions?

Let them Be, and you Be, and we'll all Be.

What do you say? Why not give it a try?
While much of what you said is all well and good. It demonstrates to me that you do not understand what the problem is. You haven't touched on any root cause. It's all well and good to lecture me and give me advice, but lecturing "me" isn't going to cause people on the forum to start being more serious and sincere (as I am).
Closed Thread