Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Default Meditation help!!

Hi all

You are probably aware that I am not on such a high if even on the bottom rung of spirituality, I am however very keen to try and learn. I have of late began to change my life style as in eating more foods that are RAW to try to raise my vibration as one example. I know this may sound silly but i am trying...

What I need is someone who would be willing to teach me how to meditate, this if you are willing could be done via PM. I wish to feel some if not all what you guys and gals feel and try to see who I am and what I should be.

Any offers?

I understand that this would probably be an exhaustive and time consuming project for anyone willing to help, but, would be totally appreciated none the less.

Thanks

Ammit
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
solent
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Meditation help!!

Indeed, could we make it a group exercise?
solent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammit View Post
You are probably aware that I am not on such a high if even on the bottom rung of spirituality
lol honest humble heart

soo refreshing

Raw is Good

makes mind more tranquil

to be alone with

Self

thats it

silence of the mind

it will come in time
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #4
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

I would not say no as I susspect others are in my position, one other thing that I would like to know, how do i find out whome my spiritual guide is?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammit View Post
You are probably aware that I am not on such a high if even on the bottom rung of spirituality
I think you'll surprise yourself. You are born on earth at this time - you have no idea how high a rung you are on to be able to do that

There is no competition here. You are awesome and I think you are very close to the next stage of your awakening. If you want some general advice - (and I don't claim to be an expert) - then here is mine:
  • Wake up a bit earlier
  • Sit down somewhere
  • Consider asking for blessing, guidance and protection and/or whatever you feel is appropriate
  • Spend a few moments consciously breathing properly
  • Start watching your thoughts rather than being involved in them
  • Your objective is to let things just be and order themselves

This sounds simple but it isn't really. At least it was not for me. I found it to be an enormous struggle - it was at least two months before I started noticing some things which allowed me to work out where to go next.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 11-11-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #6
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Anchor.

The last time I tried to I suppose meditate was about 9 months ago. Sounds real silly but I found it scary and it put me off. Here is what happened..

I woke early hours as struggled to sleep, layed in bed on my back eyes close, as i thought maybe another position would make me nod off. I relaxed and just thought of nothing, soon I was thinking the cieling needed decorating and the lamp shade was way over due renewal, stupid yeah, ok, i agree until i realised my eyes were shut.

You are all honhoured as this i have never told anyone, what did it mean?

I thought maybe my tiredness brought forth a mental image of my ceiling, i was dreaming about my ceiling or my brain is just S?><d..

Spooked me for a few days thinking about it and never found an answer.
And before anyone asks, no, I dont do drugs......
Old 10-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #7
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Oh i need to add,my eyes were shut but I was actually seeing the ceiling...
Old 10-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #8
Calluna
Avalon Senior Member

Hey, Im not too high on the rung either and this is my first post, but when that happened to me, i found that it was a skill i could hone... this isnt really meditation but focusing... which healps with meditation, when you do have your eyes open you can still see but the focus is to the back of your head. and when you focus on that enough you kind of get eyes in the back of your head literally...
but maybe not the best thing to do if it freaks you out, but i found it fun, something to experiment with.
Calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Ammit, Listen within. Focus on your breath. That brings your attention to stillness as you can not chatter internally and listen at the same time. The focus/attention of this listening is as if you are by yourself at night and you hear a strange noise!! All your attention is immediately put on to listening!!!! Ditch any fear attached to the listening and you have the quality of listening available to you to access your spirit, your God Within.

Cheers

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 AM   #10
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Amit: you got to do it every day. Rhythm is important - you train your body to expect its meditation slot - and soon if you miss it you will not feel you started the day properly.

It's best after you wake up - that avoids the sleepiness problem but anytime is better than not doing anything.

You'll be fine - give it a go.

May you be blessed, guided and protected on your journey by the love and the light of the one infinite creator.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

Hi There,

Here is some good starting info on Meditation in the Cayce tradition:

http://edgarcayce.org/ps/prayermeditation.html

Hope this helps!
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #12
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

Firstly, Ammit, congratulations! Meditation is a subtle but more than partly forgotten art. Anyone seriously interested in personal or spiritual growth should meditate for at least 15 minutes every day. No matter what. It’s that powerful.

In my experience, possibly 50%, or considerably more, of people who meditate for an hour or more each day develop bad habits at the beginning. Often it takes many months, if not years, for those bad habits to go away. Why? Because these people started their meditating by just following the instructions, as they understood them. They did so with little or no explanation of what meditation is really about.

Here’s at least part of an explanation.

All forms of meditation take everything away except you. They’re kind of like a scientific experiment, in that sense. However, meditation isn’t dry or mechanical, either. You really will get more out of every time you meditate if you understand what meditation is about is: just you watching you. And when I say “you,” I mean you at your most natural. Just “pure” you. A state with no problems. The “I” behind the “me.”

There’s a strange and fascinating twist, though. Meditation, of any form, is designed in such a way that all the while you keep letting go of all memory of what you were looking at, even one second ago. You keep watching and forgetting. But the watching – the alertness – is vital. So, equally, is the letting go and instant forgetting. Any time you manage to do both of these together: “You’ve got it!” as Henry Higgins might say.

You’ll notice there’s something amazingly loose and easy about that forgetting. It really is in many ways the opposite of keeping yourself on a tight leash. OK, you do it while (probably) sitting quietly, and just paying attention. But inside of you, you completely let yourself run wild. At least, in whatever sense it’s possible to “run wild” when you’re every second dropping and forgetting all thought or emotion.

J. Krishnamurti said the same thing I’m pointing at in a different way. He said that true meditation does not rigidly follow a path, a discipline, or a method set down by others. Also, that it must not involve discipline, effort, or force. So, forget about trying to do it the “right” way. The more you’ve forgotten everything like that, during meditation, while still being very wide awake and present, the deeper you’ve gone.

Now, getting down to basic instructions, for many people the best way to meditate is simply to watch their breath. What I mean by this is that every time your body breathes in, you say: "Peace." (Or: "Let it be," if you prefer.) Then you wait till your body is breathing out, and then you say the same thing to yourself again. You just keep on watching your breath and saying "Peace". As you say that word, you very gently let go of whatever thoughts your mind may be bringing up -- in other words, you enact "peace" inside of you. You keep saying "Peace" to yourself with each in-breath and out-breath, until the thoughts stop. When/if they do, you just go with the flow. If thoughts come back, go back to saying "Peace". Throughout this, you don't try to control your breathing in any way. You let it control you, in a way.
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:24 AM   #13
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Traineehuman, thats fantastic and I thank you. I need this sort of explanation to be able to get it done as I am after all a need to know more sortof person.

I will try your tecnique tomorrow along with Anchors "wake up early" suggestion, of which i understand. If i do not wake up earlier then usual to perform a meditation experience then on my normal day i may not find the time at all.

Many thanks for your help, more is requested in your teachings to help me , if you would be so kind.

Ammit
Old 10-10-2009, 02:52 AM   #14
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

Ammit, in the meditation traditions they call meditation a "practice". I'd like to suggest that you don't really need more instructions than what's already in this thread for you to begin with. But I'm happy to give you more in a week's time if you need it. I'd prefer to answer your questions, though, instead of "telling you". (You can also PM me if you prefer that. There's also plenty of good stuff in some of the other spirituality threads that have been archived.)

The reason I say you need to practice is partly because everybody has a huge amount of subconscious stuff going on in their mind that will want to resist doing meditation. You just have to find the discipline in yourself to make yourself do some meditation every day. It takes about three or four weeks to train yourself into acquiring a good habit like this. So for that long, I suggest you need to make sure you do it daily, no matter what. Otherwise, more info won't be of any real help.

Also, learning meditation is kind of like learning to drive, or learning how to massage. You didn't get your driver's licence by studying the car's design manual, but by actually getting in the driver's seat and driving.
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote