Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #1
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Overfishing Crisis on coast 2 coast

tonight on coast to coast at 10 pm
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

10 pm - 2 am PT

Overfishing Crisis
George Knapp is joined by renown chef and sustainability expert Rick Moonen and documentary filmmaker Rupert Murray for a discussion on the devastating impact overfishing is having on the world's oceans, and the crisis we'll face when the world runs out of fish.

Last edited by dagon; 08-17-2009 at 02:32 AM.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:14 AM   #2
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Overfishing Crisis on coast 2 coast

It is tough, our food supplies are diminishing. My husband and I are looking at our tackle, ahhh... the "Ugly Stick"... and I have to say that we have made some changes. Less fishing, the last three years and more soy based proteins.

It's salmon season here... the Fraser River has one million less in the run upstream, this is more then half the usual salmon run that didn't show up. We are on the edge. I know that nature will compensate if she is given the space to grow. The commercial abuse is unbelievable. We need to eat less, eat local, and give her the time to heal. I hope our oceans recover, this mermaid is deeply saddened, and eating more brown rice these days.

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote