Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 12-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Earth’s Magnetic Field Has Massive Breach - scientists baffled

------------

From NASA News (h/t to Geoff Sharp)

Dec. 16, 2008: NASA’s five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a breach in Earth’s magnetic field ten times larger than anything previously thought to exist. Solar wind can flow in through the opening to “load up” the magnetosphere for powerful geomagnetic storms. But the breach itself is not the biggest surprise. Researchers are even more amazed at the strange and unexpected way it forms, overturning long-held ideas of space physics.

“At first I didn’t believe it,” says THEMIS project scientist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. “This finding fundamentally alters our understanding of the solar wind-magnetosphere interaction.”

The magnetosphere is a bubble of magnetism that surrounds Earth and protects us from solar wind. Exploring the bubble is a key goal of the THEMIS mission, launched in February 2007. The big discovery came on June 3, 2007, when the five probes serendipitously flew through the breach just as it was opening. Onboard sensors recorded a torrent of solar wind particles streaming into the magnetosphere, signaling an event of unexpected size and importance.

[more]

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2008/12/1...tists-baffled/

----------------

Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Earth’s Magnetic Field Has Massive Breach - scientists baffled

This was posted yesterday Myra-i posted it under the wrong title really in camelot??I sometimes get confused on whee to post-i don't know why i placed it in camelot!??lol.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

i read the article but now I don't know if this is a good or bad news. I got confused at the end. can somebody please explain?
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
i read the article but now I don't know if this is a good or bad news. I got confused at the end. can somebody please explain?
Ditto burgundia!
I have heard before that the poles have shifted north becoming south but this info isn't telling us anything.
What does this mean for us the inhabitants here on Earth are we going to be bombarded by these magnetic winds and how will the planet survive this or will it?
Need someone to explain this if anyone can put it in laymen terms please do so.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
David
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui D View Post
Ditto burgundia!
What does this mean for us the inhabitants here on Earth are we going to be bombarded by these magnetic winds and how will the planet survive this or will it?
I guess one could speculate a super cooling effect like the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"?

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Look down in Avalon-"What does it mean?" under a thread called, Huge hole in our magnetic field!, there's a few links in there that might help!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #7
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Thanx i'll take a look at that thread!
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:27 AM   #8
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
This was posted yesterday Myra-i posted it under the wrong title really in camelot??I sometimes get confused on whee to post-i don't know why i placed it in camelot!??lol.
Oops sorry Antaletriangle I wasn't sure if anyone else posted it or not and I was confused as to where to post it as well!
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:05 AM   #9
voltron
Avalon Senior Member

Could this be Spirit's way to enlightening us? It is supposed to happen as we approach 2012. We will get a little at a time. This allows us to process it. I think if we receive it as an act of nature bringing the New Dawn upon us we will grow in the spirit. What we are seeing here is Spirit overcoming the powers that be and coming right in to us. Let us rejoice!
voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #10
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myra View Post
Oops sorry Antaletriangle I wasn't sure if anyone else posted it or not and I was confused as to where to post it as well!
Hey Myra no apologies necessary matey-i double post also-it can be quite confusing sometimes so many threads and info. everywhere-Sometimes i'm not sure whether to place articles in news or what does it mean-quite vague really,or post stuff in camelot as camelot covers certain issues and news stories-whereas i was informed that avalon is for the spiritual side and getting together but news threads are on there-which tends to be mostly negative stuff that we all need to be aware of i preparations etc.-so it is a little confusing!?lol.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:54 AM   #11
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

The Pole has shifted 26 degrees already it occured on Dec 04 2006 and Dec 06 2006 and was caught by weather sats you may have also noticed at this time GPS sats went down a swell here is a link to the weather sats you need to watch the upper right hand corner
http://www.divulgence.net/Ion.html#D...%20at%2019:15Z

This could also explain why the sun and the moon do not seem to be in the right locations and why some migratory birds are seemingly screwed up

Last edited by Northern Boy; 01-05-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #12
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah I have noticed that the moon was at a different point in the sky than the last time I noticed it. I also noticed something bright to the left of it and this was back on the 29th or 30th of December.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote