Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 11-10-2008, 03:17 AM   #1
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Ebook - organizing a community garden

another awsome ebook, for people wanting to or having to stay urban. how to organize a secure food supply thru neighborhood garden projects.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/okn5pp

FOOD NOT LAWNS!

Last edited by Seva; 11-10-2008 at 03:18 AM. Reason: forgot the book link ... lol
Seva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: Ebook - organizing a community garden

Seva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:54 AM   #3
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ebook - organizing a community garden

Thanks for yet another goody!
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:08 AM   #4
Tez
Retired Avalon Member

Thankyou Miki for this eBook and the sustainable community eBook,
Add them to my collection

Tez
Tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
Force4
Avalon Senior Member

Dont just put these books into a collection - start exercising the details inside these books and find out what your good at and what your lacking!

If your interested in gardening - try to do it by learning about germinating seeds, cutting and transplanting and then cloning (no not the sci fi test tube cloning) but using cutting's hormone or whateverthey call it to quickly deploy a batch of 'food' and see where you lack knowledge and keep doing it till you can do it properly! (btw - i heard if you clone your cuttings too much it starts to dimenish the plant as it has not propagated itself and something something something.) basically you can 'clone' by cutting sections of the plant and replannitng these but dont go uber crazy (cheapass) and you should be alright.

BUT START TOD@Y and learn as you burn! (lol ok **** crass joke) just keep learning from these little mistakes so you dont have the bigger mistake of no food.

btw - this is directly connected to your thread - and i've been lambasted for talking about this but heres for you if you want to expand your library as i've bought soo many books from this place. My thread is on the forum somewhere and the 'librarian' has had a look and should b doing something about it but here is the link for you ------- > http://www.yourselfsufficiency.com/G...g-at-home.html

I cant stress enough that you must start to do this and dont wait till the pie falls out of the sky before you say "HEY! I@M going to whip out my trustee ebooks and i'll be sorted!" well technically you should be but in practice -----> well lets say you should practice on survivng or at least flourishing with this kind of set up rather than a meagre amount due to lack of understanding.

Trust - me. I've done to many 'desperate manuevers' in my day to know that last minute bodge jobs are funny to recount but painful to experiance - if it goes wrong and I've seem to have got the hurtful end of it.

------------------------------------------------------

I just read the ebook - its good - tells you or prepares a groundwork for gathering n organising people with abit of the thinking done in terms of what you should look for and how its administration works - if you can call it admin but yeah its decent enough - doesnt teach the growing of the food part but I think you should be able to partner this up with the guide at www.yourselfsufficiency.com to make this a project which could work quite well.

So sorry to some people who have to or cannot leave the city - if you see a thread i started - its lol to me but to other member(s) it seemed to them like i was having a concentrated go at them which it wasnt. But it highlights the problem that some of you may be stuck in.

Some people will be different from others but if you need the info to maintain some parts which you enjoy - i severely tell you to gather knowledge and one resource i know of is that www.yourselfsufficiency.com - there are others as well but i thought thought this site had the books which made a point and a difference.

where others go into exact depth and detail they miss out that some of us barely knew where the carrots n potatoes and other stuff came from, whilst others may know only their 'plot' in the big field of knowledge.

so educate educate educate yourself!

Peace!
Force4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
farming, food, gardening, sustainable living