Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States

Notices

Old 10-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Jeff Delano
Avalon Senior Member

A

Last edited by Jeff Delano; 10-04-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Not enough Affirming Responses
Jeff Delano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
gemgal46
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ground Crew Meeting: San Diego, CA

I will be in San Diego area this weekend attending the CPAK conference at UCSD. I wouldn't be able to attend a get together until probably Sunday afternoon.
gemgal46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

I'm guessing this thread just didn't get picked up...so let's try again! I am in Escondido. I work in Vista. Normally I'm working on weekends but if I have a couple weeks' notice I can arrange almost any day off. Let's have the FIRST of a series of meetings! Nothing formal, but the more the merrier.

There was talk of a meeting in Balboa Park last weekend, but I've not heard if anything materialized. Jeff from Fallbrook did drive down and join us on a short hike through Daley Ranch last week. Gina from Vista stopped by Frazier Farms and introduced herself. We need to do more of these things...picnics, meetings, brainstorming sessions...in the old days, we'd have called them salons.

If two or three live within a few miles, you don't need the rest of us there to get to know each other! We need to learn each other's strengths as resources. We need to have a network. We need to talk about how we will communicate. And...we need to practice! How quickly and accurately can someone in South Bay get a message to North County without electronic means? Hmmmm....

I like the idea of meeting outdoors, as in Balboa Park or at a beach, and I would like to put out the call for more and more of these meetings to take place! They don't have to be outdoors of course...I just like being outdoors. I could, for instance, easily secure the use of the clubhouse at my apartment complex...we could seat 100 easily. We could use the pool and spa and make an afternoon of it.

I want to drop a word once again for Strengths Finder 2.0. This is a wonderful tool for focusing on both individual and group strengths. I am part of a growing group who is using this tool, and the energy is fantastic. SF is marketed as a business tool, but it's a life tool. It costs $20 at Barnes & Noble...prolly available elsewhere for less...and uses a clever combination of a book and an online survey to produce a customized profile. The beauty of it is when you take the information and share it with a dedicated team who shares the same outlooks and goals. That's the whole idea, and the book and website present many tools for doing this. It is equally applicable to an informal group such as ours, as it is in a business setting.

How many folks have remarked right here on at Avalon that they are drifting and lack focus? Invest twenty bucks in yourself and see what a difference it makes.

Back to San Diego Ground Crew meetings...from OC on south we've got at least twenty members, don't we? Temecula's just over the hill, and Riverside is just an hour away. I'm not sure who we have down on the coast, but there are half a dozen or so folks in San Diego proper who definitely should know each other.

I hope I'll see some action on this thread!

whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

North County Ground Crew!

Whaddaya say we set something up for a few weeks from now...say around Thanksgiving? If there's just a few of us, we could meet at a restaurant...say the Elephant Bar in San Marcos, or perhaps Jimbo's in Escondido (great deli, outside dining)? The Pannikin in Del Mar? Anyone?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:19 AM   #5
Jeff Delano
Avalon Senior Member

There needs to be more support. Last I checked, networking for survival is good.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:22 AM   #6
Jeff Delano
Avalon Senior Member

How's everyone doing out here in San Diego? Fire season is upon us again, I hear that the Camp Pendleton Golf Course got up in flames, about 150 acres are gone the news said.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:06 AM   #7
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Came across your post, I'm here in OC, actually, two of us here. How many of GC's are around here? And have there been any meet ups? I guess show time is coming up.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:45 AM   #8
Jeff Delano
Avalon Senior Member

There's quite a bit here in San Diego county, we'll be separated by Camp Pendleton if the s*&^ hits the fans and that wont be good, but I would love to have a meeting soon.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

A friend of mine mentioned Julian or Jillian just north of San Diego nestled in the hills. Do you know anything about this town?
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:46 AM   #10
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo888 View Post
A friend of mine mentioned Julian or Jillian just north of San Diego nestled in the hills. Do you know anything about this town?

Sure, what would you like to know?
Old 11-17-2008, 04:06 AM   #11
Geminirising
Avalon Senior Member

Hi, I live in Temecula and am trying to figure out the various ground crew groups. It looks like there is a San Diego group and a North County San Diego group. As far as I see there hasn't been a meeting yet all members seem to want to get it off the ground. Would it be in everyones interest to combine the group, at least in the beginning? The numbers don't look that big. What do you think?
Geminirising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:00 AM   #12
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminirising View Post
It looks like there is a San Diego group and a North County San Diego group....Would it be in everyones interest to combine the group, at least in the beginning? The numbers don't look that big. What do you think?
I think it would be great if we all got to know each other, compared interests, talents and resources, etc. On the other hand given that San Diego County is bigger than some states in New England, smaller groups might be easier to get together AND to maintain.

I am FOR this, people! All we need is for four or five people to be on the same page here.

Gemini, I'm only half an hour down the road from you....I have no problem driving to Temecula. Regarding planning for the future though, I would encourage you to think of drifting south over the ridge instead of collecting a ground crew in the Temecula Valley...reason being, you have no natural sources of water there. None.

Temecula comes from the Indian word temeku, meaning tragedy and grief. In the 19th century the American authorities relocated several tribes to the valley. Because of the lack of water, several thousand men, women and children starved to death. That is not in the Chamber of Commerce brochures, by the way.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:48 AM   #13
Geminirising
Avalon Senior Member

Whitecrow,
I am willing to come south, and there is another living in Temecula who might be interested. I'll know after the weekend. How many others can we get? Do we want to contact the north county group as well?
Old 11-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #14
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

I may be moving to San Diego for a few months. I would sure like to meet fellow ground crew members. Our group up here is doing very well.. We have plans for starting a community when things get ruff.

But I will be in San Diego so I will miss going to our meetings. This will be a good opportunity to expand our network. Please message me if anyone feels the same.

love and light,
jonah
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:26 AM   #15
Geminirising
Avalon Senior Member

Hi All,
It's been a while since our last contact--November? Anyway, is there still interest in getting together for an informal meeting? How about in the Escondido area on a Sunday afternoon in late January or early February? We need to get this ball rolling!!!
Love&Light,
Pam