Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #1
Hekkup
Avalon Senior Member

Default Translating Project Camelot transcriptions

Hi!

Just wondered how the translation of Project Camelot interview transcriptions is being done. I'd like to participate. At this moment the particular text I'd be interested in is Michael St. Clair's Futuretalk 2, and the target language would be Finnish. Probably there could be more interested people in general as for translation, so it would be nice if there was some coordination about this.
Hekkup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Hekkup
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Translating Project Camelot transcriptions

So now there is an effort for this at
http://rhp200.ath.cx/ftalk2/
Please notice the completely unofficial state of this little project, and don't wonder if this moves to some other place if such one is pointed out for me, ok?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
Samson
Avalon Senior Member

Nice job Hekkup

I use google to translate text. It can handle 23 languages. Even Chinese and Arabic. Copy/paste the text you want translated. Pick the languages et voila!
Very helpfull and free. Here's the link.
http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=en|nl#
It can also translate webpages.
It's not perfect but very helpfull. Personally i use it quite often. If you dont allready have got it you might like this.

Greetings from the Netherlands
I dont know any Finnish but this is what the translator makes of the text above.
Hyvää työtä Hekkup

Käytän google kääntää tekstiä. Se pystyy käsittelemään 23 kielellä. Vaikka kiina ja arabia. Kopioi / liitä teksti, jonka haluat kääntää. Valitse kielet ja Voila!
Erittäin hyödyllistä ja ilmaista. Tässä on linkki.
http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=en|nl #
Se voi myös kääntää web-sivuilla.
Se ei ole täydellinen, mutta erittäin hyödyllinen. Henkilökohtaisesti voin käyttää sitä melko usein. Jos et jo saanut sen ehkä näin.

Terveisiä Alankomaat
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
Hekkup
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Terveisiä Alankomaat
Hahaha, yeah it seems to work actually. But... hmm... I tried it, but the result was unusable because of the bad quality and total lack of fluency. You have to basically rewrite everything anyway. So at least in case of Finnish language, I opt to use my own head. But as a helper tool it's excellent.

What I hope is that the collaboration in the translation work would become more visible and accessible in Project Camelot, in order to make the participation easier and faster. Some kind of Wiki would be good, or at least some contact person(s) or forum. Well, Project Avalon forum is great for this, but the problem is the flow of information anyway -- do people know about this, and also, is the information lost here inside everything else.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #5
Colin

Hi Hekkup

If you feel you can help with the transcriptions drop Bill/Kerry an email with the details to:

groundcrew@projectavalon.net

They are very busy at present, and have an email backlog, so may take a few days to get back to you
Old 09-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
Hekkup
Avalon Senior Member

Ok. Let't try: http://rhp200.ath.cx/mediawiki

Please note again that I HOPE this is only a temporary arrangement, the final goal being all the material and coordination moving to Project Camelot itself! But meanwhile, I think this can serve as some kind of platform for collaboration. I hope it will be succesful!

Tags
translation