Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
dj kelly
Avalon Senior Member

Default feeling a bit disconnected

Hello all,
This is my 1st time posting on here, im a 47 yr old guy from England.
The reason for my post, is like a great many of us people who have recently
woken up to the way things realy are, its left me feeling very disconected from everything and every one around me, in a word i feel scared at times,
my life changed about a year ago when i fell down the rabbit hole looking at stuff about ufos, and to my total amazement found alot more things out other than ufos, my light realy has come on in this last year , my understanding of something Greater than what we have here on earth now has gone up 10 fold, but at the same time i look around at my friends and even my family at times and feel totaly isolated in my views and my fears , i guess by posting on here im reaching out to like minded people and trying not to feel so alone with all thats happening in our world today,i talk to my family alot about all of this awsome stuff ,i never preach to them ,i just suggest they search it out them selves, and to be fair to them they do take it on board, the problems im having now is dealing with living almost in 2 worlds, the new world and Consciousness iv learned is very real and the old world im still experiencing are conflicting in me and making my day to day life strange to say the least,when your Consciousness is lifted but all around you, every one else seems to feel nothing, its very disconserting , i was wondering if anyone else on here have had these feelings and if they have now learned to deal with them and continue to grow with out the desperate moments i keep getting sometimes, having said all this i must also say im very exited about my new understandings and feel elated that we as human beings can now move into a much more loving nurturing state, im just very impatient for it to happen to every one

Any way iv made the first move by sharing my thoughts and feelings here and it feels better already, so i send my love and light to you all and hope to post more , in-la-kesh DJ

Last edited by dj kelly; 02-15-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: signature
dj kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
joe2288
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow Re: feeling a bit disconnected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj kelly View Post
Hello all,
The reason for my post, is like a great many of us people who have recently
woken up to the way things realy are, its left me feeling very disconected from everything and every one around me, in a word i feel scared at times,
[mod snipped excess quoted text]
I feel the same way, when I woke up I was seventeen and I felt like I was

the only person around me knowing this kinda mind blowing information. That

was five years ago and allot has changed since then, there is allot more

people waking up know. I guess you have to learn how to balance the two

different worlds until they merge. I recently broke through my barriers of

keeping what i know to myself and shared it with one of my ex girl friends

after we were drinking. I was amazed when she started talking about her past

lives and since then we team up know to awaken other friends. just stay

patient as the paradigm shifts there will be more people open to these

ideas.

Last edited by Karen; 02-15-2010 at 06:08 AM.
joe2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #3
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Default Re: feeling a bit disconnected

Quote:
Hello all,
I'm 44 and woke up three years ago.

Very startling and very much as you describe.

But as I worked my beliefs into my everyday life I found more and more folks that did believe what I did.

And the rest

Just look for the signs in the sky and in the earth under our feet....They are everywhere

Peace Y'all
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:33 AM   #4
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Hang in there! I've felt disconnected my whole life...but with all of the stunning information available in books and on the internet...my already disfunctional world is turning upside down on a daily and ongoing basis. I worry about the people who are asleep...and who don't want to wake-up. But I also worry about people who find out about things which they can't handle. I worry about people losing jobs, divorcing, suiciding, going insane, being profoundly miserable, etc. The key is to make evolutionary changes rather than revolutionary changes. We may need to stand in the middle of our bridges...rather than burning our bridges. People who have lost their faith may want to continue to attend church...while pursuing all manner of esoteric knowledge at the same time. I'm hoping that at least ten percent of the world population becomes dramatically transformed over the next ten years. The remaining ninety percent may not need to fully awaken. The ninety will be pulled along by the ten...without even realizing it! At the highest levels...the next generation of elites are emerging...and in many cases...these young elites are much more socially conscious than their fathers and grandfathers. I do worry that the non-human and extraterrestrial powers that be will react negatively to the evolution of human consciousness...and that they might rather fight than switch. They seem to hold the keys to the kingdom...legitimately or illegitimately. Anyway...brace yourself for an interesting and wild ride! Take lots of long walks in nature...and get plenty of rest...each and every day. Also...listen to a lot of good music! And don't join any stupid cults that want your money and your spouse!

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 02-15-2010 at 02:45 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:08 AM   #5
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

I have the same problem... of a sort...

I learned about this stuff as I was growing up, but have had to put it on the back burner for the last 25 years... I got used to being disconnected from the "real" world and isolated in a never-ending cycle of chaos... so this is what I learned to do...

Stop worring- it doesn't do anything to fix the problems, especially others problems that you can't do anything about- and it reduces the amount of "worry" energy that you put OUT THERE

Do only what you are able to do (handle)- don't try to save the world, just take on a attitude of helping the next person with a task, an understanding, a connection to the right person or agency, etc.

Stay connected to the Source- trust that the right timing, the right connection, the right next step, etc. will be provided to you as you come to need it
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #6
Jay
Avalon Senior Member

DJ - you've put my feelings into words exactly! The disconnected feeling is a challenge for me too & everytime I meet someone who is starting to "see" - there is a sense of comfort. Thanks too for the reply re: the desire "save the world" - i've been going down that road too...very bumpy especially when those closest to me - aren't seeing the big picture.
I'm in the southern hemisphere - appear to be only a very few looking at the big picture here...(esp. in Africa that is) - so it seems. (??)
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:29 AM   #7
I_Am
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: feeling a bit disconnected

I second with orthodoxymoron: Let's embrace the lovely feeling of having the personal crisis as lifestyle!
Having to question everything in you life, on a daily basis, daring to live the pain, and laughter - is like taking the daily shower.

And it is a sobering fact, that once you are awakened - starting to take true responsibilty with your life - there is no going back. Life will never be easy again. So just go with the flow and...LIVE!

/Greetings from a very snowy Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron View Post
Hang in there! I've felt disconnected my whole life...but with all of the stunning information available in books and on the internet...my already disfunctional world is turning upside down on a daily and ongoing basis....
I_Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:33 AM   #8
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Welcome dj kelly,

Whatever you do don't be scared (that's negative). Be brave and keep an open mind!

truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #9
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
but at the same time i look around at my friends and even my family at times and feel totaly isolated in my views and my fears
The isolation of your fears is probably the clearest sign that your fears are unfounded. If I may ask you friend, could you elaborate and perhaps give more details on this point, what are your fears exactly at this moment?

By the way I love posts like yours when a person expresses their intimate thoughts, these are often the kind of threads most productive.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #10
Bilko
Avalon Senior Member

Hi djkelly

I know exactly how you feel.
Don't worry though, the deeper you go down the rabbit hole from your old reality, the more comfortable you will feel so long as you have a new reality on the horizon. Like traveling along a piece of string.

For me that new reality changes daily and i often worry if i am fickle in that respect. However i realize that they either are truth or just knots i have to untie along the way.

For me a book called Conversations With God by - Donald Neal Walsh was the blinding answer to all my hopes and fears for the longest time. It still is in a way but i have made that information mine now instead of just words in a book.

Don't worry if your reality changes daily. After all, there is no telling how long the piece of string is.
Bilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #11
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

knowing this has been most helpfull to me
when you question this you see it realy is
an ILLUSION ... THEN you can transform
fear into love ...the only reality ...
love always rhythmmm (welcome to Avalon )
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #12
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Dj Kelly,

Don't worry , what you're going through is perfectly normal

the best advice I can offer from going through the same is:

1: Most of what you've read is from one source (I'm guessing) - the internet.
So in fact, although there are a billion pieces of information out there, everyone's source (barring personal experience of whatever phemonena) is the same. It's the same ONE source. So don't give it too much value. Trust your five senses and others if you have them and of course your heart.

2: This one source feeds the mind, which controls your fear. So learn to start using your heart. Sure , some will say this is all mamby pamby.. but there's more to it than hearts and flowers and candy. I'm reading 'the power of now' by Eckhart tolle at the mo, and I really ,really, recommend it. It's put into words what I've been figuring out for myself. It will put things into perspective for you.

3: A new favourite slogan of mine, 'News is what happens to YOU'... forget all the other 'news'.

Best wishes, enjoy the wonderful people here,

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #13
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Hang in there mate, you get used to it

There are a several groups around the UK organised through this forum that you may wish to join.

And this is a great place to start!!

Love,

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #14
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

news is what happens to you is news to me
Love the sentiment.
There can only be your personal subjective experience.
Lots of good advice on this thread.
Good to share though

All feelings expressed on your first post Dj are valid and normal as we grow spiritually.
I second Eckhart Tolle The Power of Now as a great read. The book made sense to me of a lot of things that were a puzzle.

Only concern I ever have and its not personal is that as we have a collective consciousness all the negativity concerning 2012 could cause it to occur in other peoples news.
The Mayans may have been brilliant mathematicians but they didn't worship a loving god, thousand of young virgins sacrificed, hearts ripped out of living beings. I wouldn't be in a hurry to take their thoughts on our future too seriously.

Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #15
dj kelly
Avalon Senior Member

Hello again,
wow thank you all so much for your replies to my post and i must say its made me feel alot better today,
someone asked me to expand on my fears, well its a little hard to state them as they change from day to day, however after reading some of the replies , i think iv relised something already about my self, and that is its not all fear im feeling, its frustration at the old world we are still in, ie: seeing so called leaders who we have been taught, know more than us and are supposed to have our best intrests at heart, keep on taking us all to war and actually rationalizing killing other human beings, its always the same history repeating its self, im not that well educated but even i can see this is the first rule needed to be learned, "people dont kill people", if you speak to others about war ,some will say : they dont agree with it ,some will even say its a Necessary Evil , and most will turn away and not give it much thought unless it affects them directly, this is my first fear , as i know in my heart that its the biggest part of our growing Consciousness we need to get right,
I know im saying what all of you already know and its not new info, but in this duality we live in we need to choose now and it seems so obvious to me that killing each other is the wrong way to go for whatever reason,
If we get that right then the rest will follow, there are many problems in our world but i feel we wont scratch the surface of any of them if we dont follow the first principal in our life "people dont kill people",
thank you all for replying to my post, its helped me feel stronger today, you people are awesome and i love you for it.

in-la-kesh light and love
DJ

Last edited by dj kelly; 02-15-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: sig
dj kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Welcome in Avalon Dj Kelly and thank you for expressing your feelings with such honesty.
This forum is well balanced as we discuss here the bad news and the good news while having the necessary ingredients to transform a bad looking situation into a better one through discernement,
humor , Love, wisdom and compassion.
Fear is part of our journey but Heart is our destination .
As you start facing your path know that you can't do anything else but grow stronger.
You'll learn gradually to embrace fear with a smile and find that Love is the best way to overcome it .
And then things will look a lot more easy to you .

Love from me
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #17
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Hello again,
wow thank you all so much for your replies to my post and i must say its made me feel alot better today,
someone asked me to expand on my fears, well its a little hard to state them as they change from day to day, however after reading some of the replies , i think iv relised something already about my self, and that is its not all fear im feeling, its frustration at the old world we are still in, ie: seeing so called leaders who we have been taught, know more than us and are supposed to have our best intrests at heart, keep on taking us all to war and actually rationalizing killing other human beings, its always the same history repeating its self, im not that well educated but even i can see this is the first rule needed to be learned, "people dont kill people", if you speak to others about war ,some will say : they dont agree with it ,some will even say its a Necessary Evil , and most will turn away and not give it much thought unless it affects them directly, this is my first fear , as i know in my heart that its the biggest part of our growing Consciousness we need to get right,
I know im saying what all of you already know and its not new info, but in this duality we live in we need to choose now and it seems so obvious to me that killing each other is the wrong way to go for whatever reason,
If we get that right then the rest will follow, there are many problems in our world but i feel we wont scratch the surface of any of them if we dont follow the first principal in our life "people dont kill people",
thank you all for replying to my post, its helped me feel stronger today, you people are awesome and i love you for it.

in-la-kesh light and love
DJ
Someday soon you'll rise above the fear and figure that it's just another controlling tool.

"they"...whoever "they" are can't kill you....

You are an eternal being living through this for the experience....that's about it....Simple

The biggest fight you'll ever see is the fight inside of you....A fight to raise your consciousness

I'm not a spiritual guy.....it's just when you strip away the rest of the cr@p...it's just you against you

Peace Y'all
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #18
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
taking us all to war and actually rationalizing killing other human beings, its always the same history repeating its self, im not that well educated but even i can see this is the first rule needed to be learned, "people dont kill people",
Nice one, DJ...

I agree with you... one of the amazing things I've learned is that there is no them and us in a bigger sense. We are all one.

Yes.. some people say yada yada... go and hug a tree you firkin' hippy!

But I smile.

Think about it. That's why it seems wrong to you that people should kill other people. Some people take it a step farther and say we shouldn't kill animals (ok.. let's not start that debate again here pls ) But the base is the same, a feeling that it's wrong to take such an advantage over another.

Why does it feel wrong ? Because that 'other' is you.

You are right about duality. Until a large proportion of the population 'get' what you have 'got' we will carry on with the them and us...paradigms.

Those 'become a marine' promo films for the british army give me the creeps...'Do you have what it takes ? ' Yeah, they fall short of saying, 'Do you have what it takes to kill people?'

I used to love war films and cowboy films as a kid. It was all fantasy to me then.

So, yep.. my feeling is - get with your heart and get connected. While the mind runs most people and ergo the world... disconnect yours and connect your heart to the one consciousness that unites everything. Find me there.

then go hug a tree

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #19
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Kula et all.

We have the tallest tree in UK "Dougal Mhor" by name a few miles from where I live.

I go and speak to it --hug it. When no one is looking of course.
Dont tell anyone.

Without humor what are we?
Loved the film starring the robot 5alive.
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #20
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: feeling a bit disconnected

DJ Kelly as you can see you are not alone on the highway of self discovery. The journey can be a bit bumpy at times, if your let your inner essence be the pilot there's nothing to be scare of, just relax and enjoy the ride as your eyes begin to see the real beauty that lies within you and indeed each one of us. Be patient with others , since your inner essence is infinite why worry about the doom and gloom, focus instead on making a difference in your life, one day at a time, the rest will take care of itself. You are not alone my friend and you will never be alone. You are among old friends, ancient souls that are here like you on this moment and time to join hands to activate the frequencies that will awaken this generation and the generations to come. Enjoy the the ride my friend. Welcome !!!
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #21
Lost soul
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with stargazer1965. The biggest fight is within and not without. Our biggest threat is within too. We are not alone in this vast universe but that shouldn't worry any of us.

If you have a chance, try reading The Children of the Law of One & The Lost Teachings of Atlantis by John Piniel. It's free on line but I bought a hardcopy.
Lost soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #22
TruthWillSetUFree
Avalon Senior Member

I am so happy you found the land of Avalon my friend.

There are such good souls here and we are a family.

We create a unique energy vibration in the cosmos as we are the Truthseekers

The ones willing to go through it all to get to the Truth, no matter how scary, how conflicting or painful.

Once you have gone through all that, the next step is finding your heart this is the most challenging and the most rewarding.

Viewing life through the heart amid the darkness opens up a whole new realm of life energized by your light. As you are shining your light onto all in your sphere of influence

Loving people even when you feel separated from them or have a different point of view

Knowing all are doing their best for where they are in the moment

Accept the days where you are feeling sad, fearful, disconcerted, confused, angry or grumpy as these are only steps taking you to the next awareness of yourself.

If something is triggering you, it is a good way to go underneath the emotion to see what is unfinished within yourself to be healed.

Working within your shadow helps the entire collective unconscious and is hero work in my book as it is not easy to face the shadow within.

You have been brought here by your higher self to join your soul family

Yes we can fight and get stinky with each other at times but underneath the emotions, we all love each other and try to help when we can

Welcome to your new home!

Love & Light on your journey

Truth
TruthWillSetUFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #23
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Congratulations on your awakening.

Welcome to the roller coaster – you’ll be going up and then down and then back up again. If that wasn’t enough, then there’s the never ending rabbit hole. Life has just become so much more interesting and exhilarating. There’ll be time where you are frustrated, then you get angry and now and then fear sets in. Then you get your highs and your light bulb moments which makes it all worth it. This is what it meant by awakening. It will become more familiar to you as ‘time’ goes by and you can never go back. Just flow with it and remember to breath. Also know you are not alone.

It always makes my heart light up more when I hear of others awakening cos it means more intended light is shining onto our beautiful world.

Peace.
gita is offline   Reply With Quote