Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #26
sleepingnomore

Default Re: u.s. orders 300 million doses of swine flu vaccine

I've never taken a flu vaccine in my life and I won't start now. Doctors are always insisting but I refuse. I've only had one case of the flu that I'm aware of in my life and I survived. I agree that those who seem to get the sickest are the ones that take the vaccines.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #27
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Vaccines may not be mandated by law, but it is done in an underhanded way. Example, if you work in any area of healthcare, & there is an outbreak, the healtcare staff are "expected" to get the shot, if they want to be allowed back to work. If they refuse, they have to stay away, without wages. What do parents do, if they refuse for their children to be vaccinated & they are working parents. The children are not allowed in school, so parents have to stay home with kids or find a babysitter. They make it as difficult as possible for people to refuse the vaccine.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #28
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Vaccines may not be mandated by law, but it is done in an underhanded way. Example, if you work in any area of healthcare, & there is an outbreak, the healtcare staff are "expected" to get the shot, if they want to be allowed back to work. If they refuse, they have to stay away, without wages. What do parents do, if they refuse for their children to be vaccinated & they are working parents. The children are not allowed in school, so parents have to stay home with kids or find a babysitter. They make it as difficult as possible for people to refuse the vaccine.
"They" are not making it difficult. It is not underhanded.

Everybody has choices. Families don't have to have 2 working parents. It's a personal choice if they do. There are always consequences of your choices.

I have friends who home schooled their children all the way to college. I wouldn't have done it, but that was their choice.

You wouldn't want to have your kids in a school where measles was ramped. Or smallpox. Or polio. Schools do not mandate flu shots.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #29
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
Schools do not mandate flu shots.

yet.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #30
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

My uncle was force-vaccinated for flu "Look here Mr ****, you'll need this" "Please no - I'm fine" - the time before he said "Never again" due to horrendous side effects (my uncle was a fit person, no smoking. Walking miles a day but his doc insisted and my Uncle died. I'm totally against forced vaccinations.
Now there are nasty rumours of enforced vaccinations in SCOTLAND and my grandson - OH NOOOO!
It's peer pressure, DIL says if he needs it he'll get it...
Please NOOOOO!
I've sent loads info to them so hopefully my small chap won't be compromised
I have no right to dictate - but I really hope they do see the research I've sent.
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #31
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
"They" are not making it difficult. It is not underhanded.

Everybody has choices. Families don't have to have 2 working parents. It's a personal choice if they do. There are always consequences of your choices.

I have friends who home schooled their children all the way to college. I wouldn't have done it, but that was their choice.

You wouldn't want to have your kids in a school where measles was ramped. Or smallpox. Or polio. Schools do not mandate flu shots.
With all due respect Kathy....I don't know what planet your living on? Only the parents whose income is in the higher strata can afford to have a parent at home, homeschooling their kids. From the average family down to the lowest income level, most families have to work (both parents) to keep up with the cost of living. Even then, they are struggling to make ends meet. Like I said, they make it very difficult for a child to attend school if they don't take the shot......I just read somewhere recently, that in the US, they are seriously thinking of banning homeschooling? What choice then will parents have?
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:46 AM   #32
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
With all due respect Kathy....I don't know what planet your living on? Only the parents whose income is in the higher strata can afford to have a parent at home, homeschooling their kids. From the average family down to the lowest income level, most families have to work (both parents) to keep up with the cost of living. Even then, they are struggling to make ends meet. Like I said, they make it very difficult for a child to attend school if they don't take the shot......I just read somewhere recently, that in the US, they are seriously thinking of banning homeschooling? What choice then will parents have?
I agree, a lot of parents don't have a choice and need to both go to work just to live.
As far as banning home schooling, I think that would be nearly impossible and won't happen, or if it does happen they won't be able to enforce it.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:07 AM   #33
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

In one respect, Burgundia, the numbers are probably much higher than quoted. It's getting to be here, in the States, that when you walk into a doctor's office, they say if you have flu symptoms to go home. Same with hospitals. Unless you are REALLY sick (i.e, on the verge of dying), they don't want you in making others sick. So, there's no way in hell that they can be counting every case. As of 6/11, officially, there was 27,737 infections reported in 74 countries, including 141 deaths, according to the WHO's latest tally of laboratory confirmed cases, but the real number of people with the disease is likely to run into at least hundreds of thousands, as mild cases may not have been detected.

That said, my intention is to stay out of crowds in the fall - close to home.

alys

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
It looks like people in Poland do not believe in the flu pandemic. A lot of people have had bad experiences after getting vaccinated a few years ago and now too much information on the internet about the real agenda behind the vaccination and economic crisis....The whole idea of pandemic has been ridiculed by many posting on the internet websites.
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #34
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Hate to sound repetitve, but it's OVER FOR THESE BASTARDS! OVERRRR!!!

I was sick with the flu just before Swine Flu in Mexico was widely known.

And I'm building up sick time, should I need to stay home to avoid this ********.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #35
skyrimirre
Avalon Senior Member

just for the record, I've been buffaloed into putting my children in public school and complying with all vaccination requirements for their entire lives. yes i do protest, but to no avail, all others involved insist and will not allow me to have my way and won't listen to a thing about government corruption.
skyrimirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:53 AM   #36
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Is it possible to just lie and say your children have been vaccinated?

My brother and Sister-in-law have read two vaccines books and have decided to not vaccinate my niece... but another family baby member in the in-law side has now got menigitis... They will get more 'pressure' to vaccinate from the fear of it rather than the knowledge of what is in them.

I really do hope they take on board all the vaccine information they have read.
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote