Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #51
lawlessline

Default Re: Do you own a gun or weapon?

Don't need one I can make myself invisable. See? You cann't see me.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #52
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners View Post
Don't get me wrong, i do not like guns and will never buy one. Some people seen to think they need one IMHO.
Last year in Sydney we had the World Youth Tour with the Pope visiting and approx 350,000 Catholics visiting the state.
I had a tour with a Polish priest that lived in Canada. He had 6 guns, 4 rifles and two hand guns. I asked him "isn't that against the Catholic church"?
His reply was that " guns don't kill people, people kill people ".
I still don't understand......................

The Lord is my shepherd...but just in case...I have 6 guns...4 rifles and 2 hand-guns!

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 03-05-2009 at 01:16 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 PM   #53
Swanny
I dont need a label !

macrostheblack there is nothing wrong in protecting yourself and those you love
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #54
Ready2BPeaceful
Avalon Senior Member

I have never owned a gun until this past summer. My husband passed away about 3 1/2 yrs ago and I live out in the country. I don't have any close neighbors. I also bought several rounds of ammunition. I've never been a gun person but in lieu of what's going on around the globe I decided I needed one. I target practice at dogfood cans on my land. I would not hesitate to shoot someone if their intention was to harm me. Someone else mentioned that in the next dimensions there will be no need for guns. That's awesome! But we're not in that dimension yet. If our economy gets as bad as my gut feeling tells me it's going to mosy people are going to be caught off guard. What would one do to feed themselves and their families? I'd say whatever they had to. That's my reason for owning a gun. Unless I'm target practicing it stays loaded on the very top shelf of my closet. I'm not sure if this helped or not. I hope so. I believe in our right to own a gun but also believe it's a personal choice.
Ready2BPeaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #55
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
macrostheblack there is nothing wrong in protecting yourself and those you love
You are correct swanny.

I too would do anything to protect those i love.

But i will never resort to handling a firearm.

I would never wish to harm another by this method to protect those closest to me - that is someones son/daughter too and all it creates is an endless cycle. In my opinion it is a bad example to display.

But i understand your requirements for needing one. There are many foolish people out there that feel power when holding a weapon. They dream and go along with thier ego - resulting in many accidents.

Education is the key.

In my work i have met many walks of life including criminal types. When you act neutral and offer your ear - they then loosen up and display a desire to climb out of the guilt of their ways. In nottingham where i work there are many terrible gangs using knifes, guns etc. Ive spent time with many of them and gained their respect. When I am around them their character changes and the need to show off deminishes. There lost children alot of them, who only want someone to talk too - to help them.

If this insults you Swanny in any way, then we shall have to agree to disagree.

Mark
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #56
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

the gun registry in canada has made criminals of a lot of old farmers who have never broken the law in their lifetime. the gun lobby in the u.s. will do the same.
for rural people, guns are tools, not weapons.

i had to kill a 61/2 foot black bear on my porch last fall. i had tried to scare him away the day before. i shot him through my kitchen window before he came in through it. my rifle was a tool that saved a lot of damage and maybe loss of life.
apparently the vast majority of guns that have been legally registered in canada belong to the military and police, yet canada has more guns per capita than the united states.

either there are a lot of people that just destroyed their guns, or there are millions of criminals in canada, created by the gun registry.

the gun registry in the states will be no more effective. canada has 33 million folks (more or less), while the u.s. has 300 million plus. canada has wasted billions of taxpayers dollars on our registry. how much do you think that the gun lobby in the u.s.will write off?
(that's a rhetorical question. the americans will waste hundreds of millions to no avail.)

so, whose money is being wasted??? yours and mine, comrades!!
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #57
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrostheblack View Post
If this insults you Swanny in any way, then we shall have to agree to disagree.
Not insulted at all.
I know that if a gang of starving armed killers were knocking my door down, with the intent of killing me and my kids (if I had some), raping my wife (if I had one) and then stealing our food and water I would shoot first and then have a nice little chat with their mothers afterwards.
When TSHTF and gangs are running wild do you really think people will want to listen to what you're saying?? It's a nice thought to think that these gangs have a soft and caring side but back in the real world they will just take what they want. When THSTF the time for talking will be long gone.
Once they have been to your house they will move on to the next.
Sorry but I think your vision of the furture is a lot different to mine.
If it comes down to me or them then I'm going to try my hardest to make sure it's them.
Good luck

What is it they say... 3 days without food they will steal for it, 5 days without food they will kill for it.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #58
EpiphaMe

Recent gun sale statistics. Turn down the audio when watching, it's not necessary & is actually distracting. Give it a minute before the words appear on the screen as the stats are visually shown. The original site seams reasonable, statistics are likely accurate.
http://republicbroadcasting.org/?p=308
Old 03-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #59
Swanny
I dont need a label !

If I lived in America I would own a few guns
Old 03-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #60
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
If I lived in America I would own a few guns
you brits are allowed to own hunting guns, aren't you?
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #61
Dakini
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiphaMe View Post
Recent gun sale statistics. Turn down the audio when watching, it's not necessary & is actually distracting. Give it a minute before the words appear on the screen as the stats are visually shown. The original site seams reasonable, statistics are likely accurate.
http://republicbroadcasting.org/?p=308
Holy dookey - that vid. says people are not asleep to the potential of what could occur.

My brother went to a Cabella's store last week ('Outdoors' store) and said that the counter where people were buying guns was - packed - some had two they were purchasing.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #62
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Kathleen found this gem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bKnbZySK5I. I'll never own a gun...but I'm gonna get me a Trunk Monkey. Notice that the monkey used a monkey wrench to deck the greys! They'll never confiscate my Trunk Monkey! Where does this weapon thing end? 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRLON3ddZIw.
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pklr0...eature=related.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 03-09-2009 at 11:59 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:06 AM   #63
EpiphaMe

Dakini wrote: Holy dookey - that vid. says people are not asleep to the potential of what could occur.

Hi! Yes, I'm sure we underestimate the power of numbers!.. dismissing the "average joe's".... I was not surprised sales have risen, but then again, the numbers are HUGE huh???

I've noticed the past year that even your casual co-worker or neighbor that you "assume" is ignorant........... well, think again... assumptions being the muther or all phuckups...

Heartfelts to all
Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #64
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

I have never pointed a gun at another human being. Whether in anger, or in jest.

You are no more or less in peril, whether I am armed, or disarmed.

Anything else is infantile paranoia.

That said....

Yes, I do own a few,

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #65
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakini View Post
I wondered about your thoughts regarding weapons for self-protection, and whether the regular readers of the spirituality threads owned a gun and what your thoughts were on it.

I don't own one, nor do my housemates.
If other people have guns in your area you should get one. When times are tough doorstep philosophy might not save you.
K626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:46 AM   #66
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Large bore, extremely over powered, and quite handy.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:54 AM   #67
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

It is wise to realize that one can not predict w/certainty how one would react to sever intrusive scenarios... unless you've dealt w/it before, you just don't know how you would respond!

And I would venture to guess you would wish to be able to defend yourself best you can, and THEN, during the "time at hand" grapple w/your options.
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:55 AM   #68
redtailhawk
Avalon Senior Member

I have a Samurai sword. Things would have to get pretty bad for me to try to use it.
redtailhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #69
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Nice one Fred