Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you afraid to die?
Yes 2 3.17%
No 46 73.02%
A little bit 7 11.11%
Not sure 1 1.59%
I'm ready to go now 7 11.11%
I'm too scared to think about it 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #26
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are you afraid to die?

Wheres the "im more afraid of life" option?
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #27
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Peace of Mind

You set so many questions or mixed metaphors in those 2 paragraphs to clearly answer what in effect was a kind of speech. Not getting at you for it. Just stating my observation.

I think very few people are afraid of death. For some it’s a new adventure for others it’s a full stop. Neither concept is provable to the living. Dieing on the other hand is a whole different ball game. I’ve been down that road a few times and every time it’s been extremely painful. However, the first time it happened I briefly died. The experience of the light has always given me the fortitude to deal each occurring visit by my old friend death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
To get a reasonable idea of what death is like try this thought experiement (or try it for real if you wish). Take your computer, boot it up, get something running on it. Take a ball-peen hammer and smash the CPU on the motherboard (or claw hammer if you simply must) and pound on the disk drive a couple times. You'll notice an immediate failure of the operating system, a total inablity to access the hard drive and the disappearance of whatever was being displayed on the screen. This is the state of death. Non-activity. The total loss of all information. A non-existence. The program that was running on the hardware doesn't fly off to run somewhere else, it ceases to exist as the circuits which supported its existence no longer exist.

If it isn't like that I'll be surpised shall we say.
Well…if my experience is anything to go by then you will be pleasantly surprised. The light the knowledge and understanding is groovy.

I’m not here to mess with your belief system and I know for sure I can’t prove a thing but I believe your wrong. Your analogy above is logical. It does make sense but I’ll put in a few things for you to think about.

Say you sit there on your computer and over time you write a program. Bits of software say …like a video driver. You then upload that driver program onto the Internet. Now go take a 6lb sledgehammer to the hard drive. Yep…the hard drive is smashed and the program on that hard drive is irretrievable BUT the driver is out there on the net. That driver is just hanging around ready to be loaded into another hard drive.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #28
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

My own near death is here at the bottom of the page

www.barronbourne.blog.com

A whole research near death site with many accounts is here

http://www.nderf.org/
Old 02-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #29
Hiram
Avalon Senior Member

I have nor fear of death..just excitement. I do fear suffering though, though I am working on that.
I find comments such as those from trainedObserver quite interesting. None of us here have any evidence of a thing called "Death" at all, save for what we have observed outside of ourselves.

You see the ONLY thing you truly know for certain is that you are having some sort of experience right now. You can debate what exactly this experience is, and whether you really exist at all, and whether this experience is even real or imagined. It doesn't really matter. You are having a thing called experience This is that nature of primary duality.

Therefore from a purely evidence based perspective, you have no experiential proof that you will ever end....that this experience will ever cease. We have no experience or memory of "non-existence" therefore you have no reason to believe in "non-existence". For me to imagine that this experience will end is purely based on supposition and observation of what has happened to "others".

Yet, you can't even really be sure that there truly are "others" can you? So how do you know that this thing called "Physical Death" really signifies an end to existence? You don't. You just make an assumption based on observation.

I don't recall not existing...so I assume I always will exist, even if this body breaks...which it inevitably will.

Additionally, there are literally thousands upon thousands of people who have had near-death-experiences or NDE's and these have been exhaustively documented--for anyone who takes the time to read them. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross spent many, many years documenting the NDE's of children 8 years old and younger. There are thousands of these cases. These children would be brought back from clinical death in hospitals and report being comforted by dead relatives. The Clinical researchers theorized that these children were just scared and their brains conjured up these apparitions to comfort them. Kubler-Ross blew that theory out of the water by demonstrating in hundreds of instances that children described being comforted by relatives who were already dead...or who had died before the child was even born. Even more telling is if the child was simply scared as the clinicians claimed and these were apparitions conjured by a brain starved of oxygen,...why wouldn't these hundreds of children visualize Mommy herself comforting them?? There were almost no cases whatsoever where one of these children claimed to have been comforted by someone who was still alive, let alone the one person children cling to when frightened...mommy or daddy. Why is that?

No, i think that the preponderance of evidence with regard to people who have been clinically dead, and were revived (including my own father), shows that there is certainly something else after. Something very special. But I'm not here to convince anyone...just to ask you to actually be "skeptical"...a word whose Attic Greek roots mean "to investigate". Most whom claim to be skeptics haven't investigated at all. Thats what a skeptic does...not just discount any evidence that doesn't fit in with their worldview.
Hiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:22 AM   #30
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

I call what others call 'death' a transition. When I refer so someone who has left their body, I say they made their transition. We are in a tough schoolroom no question about it. My understanding is transitioning is actually a very peaceful experience... just remember to head towards the light, not so hard !

For me personally however, I'm working on dying to the Now. I'm working on "dying before I die" to be reborn into the reality that I AM an infinite spiritual Being having a material experience and that truly death is an illusion. As Jesus often said, you must be reborn in consciousness to inherit the kingdom of heaven consciousness that is inside of you here in the eternal Now. And Gautama Buddha spoke of this awakening in Oneness.

This is my goal: death of the ego self, birth of my Divine Self ~ help many others do the same ~ help with birth of a New Earth ~ then when it is time to leave this screen of life Ascend to the spiritual realms ~ no death for those who die before they die.

For those who seek to lose their lives for the sake of the Christ consciousness will save them.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 AM   #31
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

All life is energy in motion, whether we want to accepted or not you are influence by the world of the unseen. Death is my friend , as a war veteran, a swimmer in the ocean, and just a few years ago a terminally ill patient about to die. The spirit world is very much alive, to some this is sheer nonsense while for others who could harness the power of this unseen world it can reshape your entire life and the life of those around you. Death and the world of those not of this 3 dimensional reality is a part of all of us . If I remember correctly dialectical materialism try to explain the world from a 3 dimensional perspective , it did not work so well. Even science is coming to terms with the world of the unseen.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:05 AM   #32
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Wheres the "im more afraid of life" option?
"Dying is easy. It's living that scares me to death."

Annie Lennox
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:15 AM   #33
Zenbuoy
Retired Avalon Member

Exclamation Re: Are you afraid to die?

Aieeeee!
Aieeeee!
Aieeeee!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

HUH?

Ohhhh..., afraid of DIEing.
Um, no.
I thought you said, "DIE-ets. Sorry.
"
Zenbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #34
Carrie1971
Avalon Senior Member

I have been there Twice.

Not my time yet.

I still have a mission to be here on this rock NOW in thie TIME.

There is nothing about death that I fear. It does not hurt at all.
Carrie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #35
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Peace of Mind

Here's something i posted on a different forum (23 dec 09). It's with reference to dieing for others.

I have been severely ill for a few years. It was consistently incorrectly then under diagnosed. On January 15th this year (2009) I had 3 days to live if I didn't have emergency surgery. Now! being the all action hero that I am death is an old friend. Of the 6 chats we've had I've paid him off with 16 broken bones and 4 feet of scars. Play twilight zone music... got a disability this day 23rd Dec 1985. Still got me leg though (Shywolf..chicks dig scars)

So...3 days eh. I have a choice. You may think that as a no brainer. As it goes I had a lot of things going on. Now! my wife is a good un. Deserves a meddle for action above and beyond the call of duty as a loyal wife. This left me with a conundrum. Throughout my suffering she suffered. One income and expired savings and expired state benefits. The deepest financial problems.

I've seen her crying so many times as I've rolled around in absolute agony. Her suffering became the greater of my sufferings. So what to do? " take arms against a sea of troubles And, by opposing, end them". I was thinking of leaving so she didn't have to endure my suffering but she figured it out. After a chat my honour was to some degree assuaged. "tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune." But here I am. At a stage where I'm spending more time unconscious than awake and the clocks ticking. Having been to the other side of mortality I could just shut my eyes "and by a sleep to say we end The heart-ache " Karen wouldn't know I let myself die but she'd be so unhappy. However, once unconcious the doctors would probable go behind my back and have my wife sign the consent forms... and she would sign.

So reasoning things out, "slings and arrows", I survived and have since had more surgery. I have been pronounced fit and well for work. We're still skint but we have each other.... for better or worse she keeps saying. This year 2010 I intend to get a job, start from scratch and spend the rest of my life with my wife. Hopefully along the way I'll provide her with some pleasantries before my old friend calls again.

Last edited by SteveX; 02-10-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #36
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

I appreciate that letter and I’m sure others will too. All you guys rock…

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #37
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyes View Post
hi myshadow ... who we leave behind and their well being ... is of significant concern ... because we care ... we love ... it is the essence of who we are ...

i have surrendered to the idea ... that i feel to control ... what is 'best' ... for others ...
certainly if i had prior notice of my leaving this experience ... i would do all that i could do ... to assist ... streamlining my loved ones lives beyond my existance here ...
to assist ... but i now know ... i could not control ... such things ...

in the grand scheme of the blueprint of all that is ... what is it that i know ... do i know more than ... the greater power ... that allows the flow of our existance ... of how things flow within the blueprint ...

i don't ... no one does ... the greatest thing we can do ... is to TRUST ... to trust our families will be ok ... to trust we have extended our wisdom and our love to them ... throughout our duration here ...
and that they will carry forth ... with that of who we were ... and what we have shared with them ... remaining within them ...
and that they will be just fine ...

i feel ... this is why it is so important ... to be all we can be in this life experience right now ... to our greatest potential ... living LOVE ...
because this is a very significant foundation we are currently building ... foundation for a new paradigm ... there are so many souls here in this moment ... with this same opportunity ...

if we can feel within our hearts ... we have lived this life to the best of our abilities ... within love and not fear ...

then beyond our own physical self leaving one day ... we can ... with all heart ... TRUST ... our loved ones ... will be ...

loved ones ...

Nice perspective!!

Trust? Not coming from fear - it's just complex, the world today - to leave dependents behind. The cards just seem stacked against "sink or swim". I just teach them swimming everyday!!
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #38
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

I don't want the next one, to be so bloody... Maybe, a go in your sleep, that would be nice....

Tango

Last edited by Tango; 02-11-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #39
ConsciousSponge
Avalon Senior Member

I accept life as it is, including the expiration date. My only concern is for the ones left behind. As much as I try to pass the flame within, their wicks are wet with fear or attachment to the physical world. We all find our way eventually, so I keep my faith there. One day this life will end and a new one will begin, whether I become an etheric spirit, a child of another race, a flower, or a stitch in the fabric of space that lovingly holds it all together doesn't matter...I will continue to be...matter or not.
ConsciousSponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #40
GenerationIke
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, I am. And I should know better, but still I am.
GenerationIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #41
metaw3
Avalon Senior Member

I'm afraid of apathy in and around me, but I'm not afraid to die. It's unavoidable so I'm just curious.
metaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #42
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

I've never subscribed to the idea of heaven and hell and I've always felt that anyone who tells you they know what will happen when you die, is highly suspect at best. Imo it's an impossible thing to know, so I simply don't worry about, and I need no incentive to be good. I'll deal with it when I get some concrete details (a.k.a. death).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace of mind View Post
Could you die for a brighter world for others....
Yes, though certainly it's very easy to simply say, but I'd like to think I wouldn't think twice. I operate under the assumption that there will never be intervention, divine or otherwise, if there is good to be done then it must be done by us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaynard View Post
"To die will be a great adventure"
Indeed. A good quote, I like this one too.

"Every man dies, not every man really lives."
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #43
NicholaQuinn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2288 View Post
I do not fear death in the sense of leaving the body to move back to

higher realms of existence. I do fear the way you die, example drowning, falling

off a cliff Ect.
With you on that one Joe2288. I was very, very ill last year and the thought of being in agony again is horrible. I think also falling has to be one of the worst ways to go.
NicholaQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #44
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

love is an emblem of eternity ...

it effaces the memory of a beginning ...

and the fear of an end ...

much love ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #45
lightblue
Avalon Senior Member

This question, worse: poll, comes with a serious spiritual error..think about it...would you put it to citizens of haiti..

would a parent with young children be indiffent to it - just one example....just think again ..

it's to do with responsibilities towards one's own and other people's lifes..

besides - life LOVES itself !

best wishes l

Last edited by lightblue; 02-11-2010 at 07:49 PM.
lightblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #46
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

It doesn’t matter, what people know of death around the world varies. Many Haitians are very spiritual beings and see many things in a light most westerners can’t fathom. Santeria and Voodoo are examples.

Parents SHOULD talk to their kids about death…the parents might learn something. Parents may raise the younglings but the kids teach them every step of the way. It’s also said that babies choose their parents before incarnating…so I’ve been told. If you fear death it’s most likely because you have no true factual understanding of it….which in itself is understandable…but it still haves to be dealt with…so why be fearful?

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #47
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

I am not afraid of death no, do not want to do the pain thing though if i go i would like it to be a peaceful thing a letting go and embracing my full potential into the next realm.
How ever saying this if i had to die now,i would feel for my family the ones i leave behind they do not have the acceptance of death like myself.
I could let go easily but i think they would have a harder time than me accepting it.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote