Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:57 AM   #1
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Arrow DAMANHUR - Temples Of Humankind

http://www.damanhur.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation_of_Damanhur

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eccentric.html

The great construction many have called ‘The Eighth Wonder of the World’

Every year thousands of people visit Damanhur to try out the social model, study the philosophy and to meditate in the Temples, that great underground construction excavated by hand into the rock by the citizens of Damanhur and which many have called the ‘Eighth wonder of the world’.

The Water Hall, the Earth Hall, the Hall of Spheres, the Hall of Mirrors, the Metal Hall, the Blue Temple and the Labyrinth: The Temples of Humankind are an underground work of art, created entirely by hand and dedicated to the divine nature of humanity. It is a great three dimensional book which recounts the history of Humankind through all the art forms, a path of re-awakening to the Divine inside and outside of ourselves.
In the Temples, every aspect has a meaning: the colours, the measurements and every detail follow a precise code of forms and proportions; every Hall has its specific resonance and its own sound.

The Temples of Humankind symbolically represent the inner rooms inside every human being. Walking through its halls and corridors corresponds to a profound journey inside oneself. The Temples wind for over 8,500 cubic metres on five different levels, connected to one another by hundreds of metres of corridors. They arise in the place where the Eurasian continental plate meets the African plate, pushing up a mineral 300 million years old: it is mylonite, a rock that carries the physical energy of the earth.

The Temples of Humankind have been built right inside a vein of this particular mineral, whose presence follows perfectly the flowing of the ‘Synchronic Lines’ of the planet. The synchronic lines are like great rivers of energy which cross the Earth and connect it to the Universe, carrying ideas, thoughts and dreams. The Temples arise within a ‘shining knot’ a point where four synchronic lines meet.

The Temples are a great laboratory where art and science, technology and spirituality are united in the research of new roads for the evolution of humanity. As during the Renaissance, the construction of the Temples of Humankind has been the influence behind the creation of artistic and craft workshops, thanks to which Damanhur is valued all over the world.
Keeping pace with the growth of the Temples of Humankind – which represent the highest collective, artistic expression – Damanhurian society has refined itself and has created the basis for its own culture and tradition.

Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:02 AM   #2
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: DAMANHUR - Temples Of Humankind

Damanhur is in Piedmont, ITALY, where Valchiusella begins. The central welcome office for visitors is situated in Baldissero Canavese, 15 Km from Ivrea. On the map, the nearest town is Castellamonte.

HOW TO GET TO DAMANHUR
By plane: the nearest airport is Turin – Caselle.
Damanhur is forty minutes by car from Caselle: give us notice of the time you arrive and we will come and collect you. The meeting place will be the ground floor of the airport, in the ‘arrivals’ area.

By train: the nearest train station to Damanhur is Ivrea. Give us notice of the time you arrive and we will come and collect you.

By car: the nearest motorway exit is that for Ivrea, off the A5 for Turin/Aosta. From the toll gate exit to Damanhur, it takes around 15 minutes. Straight after the toll gate for Ivrea, follow the signs for Castellamonte. Follow the road and, after about 9 Km, take a right turn, still for Castellamonte. After 1.5 Km, turn right again for Baldissero Canvese, Damanhur. After 2 Km, on your left, you will see the large yellow sign ‘Damanhur’

Old 06-19-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: DAMANHUR - Temples Of Humankind

Wow, awesome! The detailed work is amazing and it should be the 8th wonder of the world!!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:08 AM   #4
sleepingnomore

I'm in awe of the stained glass work. Truely amazing!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:29 AM   #5
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Jeese I've never even heard of this. I'm not a fan of some of the art but most of it is quite amazing. Has anyone here on the forums had the opportunity to visit this place?
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
Jeese I've never even heard of this. I'm not a fan of some of the art but most of it is quite amazing. Has anyone here on the forums had the opportunity to visit this place?
Ive known about it for a few years thanks to my father who told me.

Burgundia is going to Italy next month, I'm hoping she might be able to get us an Avalon exclusive and take a couple of Happy Snaps.

It is a role model for much of what Avalon is all about.. they are an independant community with a positive vision for the future.
They have their own internal currency and even their own 'Selfic' technology.

Fascinating place. It was all hidden... you would enter through a secret door in an average looking house.

When police heard about it they approached the owners saying they were going to dynamite the whole complex because it didn't have the appropriate building permits etc
The police officer/official who was the first 'outsider' to enter the complex with a view to destroy it. Came out with tears in his eyes saying he would do everything in his power to protect and preserve the place!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #7
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

It's a pity I didn't know about it earlier. Now it might be too late to make new arrangements. but since now I know about this place, next time I'll definitely go there and take pictures.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damanhur