Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 12-05-2008, 02:42 AM   #1
davefla73
Avalon Senior Member

Default Funny want ad

here is a funny want ad from real histroy:

MEN WANTED for hazadous journey Low wages, Bitter cold, Long hours of Complete darkness, Safe return Doubtful, honor and Racognition in event of success!

Ernest Shackleton
Antartic Explorer (1874-1922)

it had 5000 people apply lol! would you have?
davefla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Funny want ad

I think Kerry and Bill have that quote posted at the bottom of the home page on the PC website.

That's an interesting story, the whole Shackleton expedition. I always wonder if the unexpectedly high response was due to the possibility of fame or the adventure. I would hope that the guys responding would have had a few more questions at the formal interview.

But as far as the possibility of an exploratory adventure into uncharted territory, I'd at least have a look into an ad like that. I do like adventure, but a deathwish.....not so much.
And I'm cool w/ giving credit where credit is due, but I'm not really all that interested in the whole recognition thing.

Anyway I was all set to post my help wanted ad when I saw this title, so here goes. The boat and motor are dealbreakers mind you.

Crikey, I'm almost as bad as that spammer from the other day.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote