Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Default Britain release 6,000 UFO pages

CNN
February 18, 2010

London, England (CNN) -- A hovering Toblerone and a silky-white residue join near-misses and strange lights in the British government's latest release of its files on UFO sightings.

Made public Thursday, the files are the fifth collection of records about unidentified flying objects to be released by the Ministry of Defence and The National Archives as part of a project to open the files up to a wider audience.

Thursday's release is the largest so far, totaling more than 6,000 pages of material from 1994 to 2000.

The files include a sighting by a man in Birmingham, England, in March 1997. He said he came home from work at 4 a.m. to see a large blue triangle-shaped craft hovering over his back garden.....Click on link for the remainder
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe...ex.html?hpt=C1
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Britain release 6,000 UFO pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscraig View Post
CNN
February 18, 2010

London, England (CNN) -- A hovering Toblerone
Edible UFOs.. my favourite kind...

No wonder they want to keep this quiet... free toblerone for everyone, that's just too good an opportunity to advertise

K

P.S. I notice, looking at the diagram, that the triangle appears to be about four times as long as it is wide. So if it really was guessed to be 20' wide, it must have been 80' long, not 40'. The craft sketched is half as wide as it is long, this would look more like a wedge of cheese than a long toblerone. My point? A detail is not correct somewhere - either the estimation of length and width is way out, or the representation of scale in the drawing is out. Toblerones are not twice as long as they are wide. so either the distances are wrong or the witness is not that good with estimations.

One other point... if this thing hovered still for 40 mins... 10' above the ground...in a nearby field would you not at least go and get a ladder? I sure would.. and a camera for that matter... and maybe even an easel and a box of paints.... Is it just me that would do this ????

Last edited by Kulapops; 02-18-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: post script for the skeptical
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
gita
Avalon Senior Member

The released files can be found here in pdf format.

http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
Edible UFOs.. my favourite kind...

No wonder they want to keep this quiet... free toblerone for everyone, that's just too good an opportunity to advertise

K
Yet another thing vegans be missing out on - darn!
gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Cool thanks for the links guys

Some of the last files were hilarious.....two young guys walking home from the pub meet some 'lemon headed aliens'. Now either the were v drunk or they bumped into some greys!!.

Love,

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

This has been going on for about 2 or 3 years now.

One thing I don't get is 'why'. The way I see it, there are two possible explanations, the first being a purported 'disclosure' effort which is what the ufo community at large seems to be saying. Or, the other explanation is they want to close the matter and act all innocent and unknowing by releasing "handpicked" files that leave much to be answered.

They say these are declassified documents, but when you actually read these documents, seldom is there any new pertinent or helpful info on ufos, its like a regurgitated version of everything we've already known for years and years.

I was more impressed with the south american files, like the ones from Brazil, including pictures and the whole deal, with a strong conclusion backed up by numerous south american air forces that 'they' believe some of these craft are extraterrestrial.

But then you have Britain and the U.S saying: "we don't know".

Surely two of the most renowned and advanced military powers would be in better position to 'know' for certain?

Indeed there is a cover up on an international level, though some countries seem okay with admitting the truth more than others, not the super powers though, well, Russia is alright too.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriya View Post
Cool thanks for the links guys

Some of the last files were hilarious.....two young guys walking home from the pub meet some 'lemon headed aliens'. Now either the were v drunk or they bumped into some greys!!.

Love,

Kriya
Lucky for those aliens that the two young guys didn't have gin and tonic carryout
Old 02-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulapops View Post
Lucky for those aliens that the two young guys didn't have gin and tonic carryout
Like I say, "handpicked" files and cases.

We know damn well they have some very interesting case files, so why do they keep releasing these "drunk guys see lemon heads"? this is the second time in a row as I recall from the last release too.

I reiterate, its an attempt to "close" the matter.

None of these files were anything higher than "confidential" in my opinion.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #9
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

And now that Easter is approaching... I'm really looking forward to the arrival of the 'Hot-cross Bun' headed aliens down our way....just as long as they turn up with their 'butterball' sidekicks.

I'll be out there with my knife like a shot.

Here's a picture of the last time they invaded... courtesy of Sam Breach .

Thank you Sam....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_R7BBGIxyay...SamBreach2.png

We all agreed down our way that the invasion was a complete success, from our point of view.

K

Last edited by Kulapops; 02-18-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: inclusion of photographic evidence
Old 02-19-2010, 02:05 AM   #10
bennycog
Avalon Senior Member

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshom...iles-released/

more news out in the open in australia.. but by the comments on the webpage.. nothing serioous is being taken on board by the people.. real shame
bennycog is offline   Reply With Quote