Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Default All things Merlin

I'm from the UK, i'm throwing this thread out to see if anyone from here or around the world have noticed lately that all things Merlin are coming into our daily lives or the media as a whole.

Am i the only one picking this up or is there others out there.
It would be interesting to know because this may be triggered words being put out into the subconscience and if so why?

Example; For a start we have this site. Avalon. Then we have the founding site Camelot. In England on a saturday night we have Merlin the series on our tv's.

A local bonfire extravaganza in Kent at Leeds castle soon will be presenting as a finale. King Arthur and Lancelot playing out fight scenes with all the other characters of Camelot.
This year alone we have had a few programs on the tv also relating to this.
Listening to a news broadcast the word Camelot was used once again.

Perhaps it's just a rambling old woman picking up on this, or my mind playing tricks, but would like to hear anyones thoughts on this
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
Danielle

Default Re: All things Merlin

Hi Jacqui,
I'm also in the UK and had just turned the TV on last night to bog standard ITV my other half spotted "Avalon" as the production company name of one of their early evening shows and started laughing! You may be onto something! Avalon on ITV and Merlin on BBC at same time?!

Also for a saturday night, don't Camelot run the lotto?? ha

Maybe there is some relevance, I don't know, however the references certainly seem to be coming in thick and fast lately
Old 10-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

I don't really have an answer other than synchronicity or a confidence that you're in the right place in the right time. But I'm sure you already knew that. I've always been fascinated with that era, probably not very fun to live in but intriguing just the same.

And the fiery violet creational fire of Merlin has brought so much intrigue to the mix... keeps my mind wondering for exercise.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo888 View Post
I don't really have an answer other than synchronicity or a confidence that you're in the right place in the right time. But I'm sure you already knew that.
I think synchronisity is the word I was looking for here, thanks!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Hi Jacqui,
I'm also in the UK and had just turned the TV on last night to bog standard ITV my other half spotted "Avalon" as the production company name of one of their early evening shows and started laughing! You may be onto something! Avalon on ITV and Merlin on BBC at same time?!

Also for a saturday night, don't Camelot run the lotto?? ha

Maybe there is some relevance, I don't know, however the references certainly seem to be coming in thick and fast lately
Your quite right! I saw that also the Avalon thing this prompted me to put this thread out. Just wanted to see how many have noticed this.

I'm getting a strong feeling about this!!! lol! Do you think we are being mind controlled again
Old 10-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #6
WiNaDeYo
Avalon Senior Member

This may and may not be what's really happening... but I'd bet that you are just now more aware and on alert to this kind of range of vocabulary, that you register it consciously whereas before you "heard" it but it didn't ring any bells in your head.

An example... a few years ago I needed to buy a new car and it took me 2 months of visiting sales lots to finally decide on a Ford Focus Stationwagon. After I had bought the car and was driving it, quite proud of myself, I started noticing that there were lots of the same model and mostly same color on the roads. Even my next door neighbor and a guy across the street had one! I had never noticed this before buying the car!

I personally was quite supprised and bewildered by this, and it certainly opened my eyes to how oblivious one may be to things until the stimuli become conscious.

Coming back around to your query... the other night here on the Italian TV, there was a film on King Arthur where he was an ex-roman soldier and Genevre was a rebel woman warrior, an interesting twist on the standard story.

And since I'm mentioning things like this, there is a weekly program called "Voyager" that documents mysteries and almost every episode talks about things we talk about on this forum. Cool!

Pace e Bene!
WiNaDeYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:19 PM   #7
One 66
Avalon Senior Member

All things Merlin, I like that...

Perhaps because mankind strives for peace, truth & love. And King Arthur and Camelot represent that idea of what the world should be... True.

And the Merlin is the one who brings Wisdom, Truth, and hopes for Love to rule all...

One 66
One 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:21 AM   #8
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

I'm getting a strong feeling about this!!! lol! Do you think we are being mind controlled again

No , i feel you are just conciously recognizing patterns.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #9
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

A part from Merlin - the BBC show - being so factually wrong according to the legend - isn't King Arthur said to come back to help England in its hour of need - is this the time? And where was he during the two world wars?

I've watched Merlin - probably the only thing I do watch on the braindrain television theres days and I know it's really for kids - happy to be a big kid - but they should have at least done a little more research into the whole thing. When I see or hear anything on the BBC - and they were my first publishers - I really can't believe anything they are saying - they say it's raining - I still have to check outside and this is because they are the Governments publicity agency - and what makes it worse it that we have to pay for it - the T.V. licence - and pay this to be given lies - blood dues boil quite quickly these days. I'm becoming Victor Meldew - three cheers for grumpy old men! Hip, hip!...

...but on a more positive note - love and light to you all...
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:32 PM   #10
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Oh quite agree Mark the merlin series on the tv at the moment is just a fantasy gone mad.
Just a thought though, perhaps there is a parody here and it may be that magic may have to kill the dragon so to speak.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #11
Mark
Avalon Senior Member

I hope that the dragon is on our side - but I know what you mean...
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote