Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Jma
Avalon Senior Member

Default There is only one God

I thought it would be wise to post a small contributive post to this notion.
I see "Holy wars!" (jihad ), and people claiming Brahman, Jehovah, Allah, are different, and so wars should be fought in their name.
Can´t people realize there is only one supreme God with many names.
Jma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
Ali Quadir
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: There is only one God

Amen to that friend...
Ali Quadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
colesmommy1117
Avalon Senior Member

i believe spirituality comes from within. people can label it how they choose. people can preach what they think. but in all honesty, it's up to what each individual human being feels in their soul.
colesmommy1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Totaly agree.

We are all, each and every one of us, waves of the Divine Ocean.
The Ocean can say it is the wave but the wave cant say it is the Ocean.

Why worry. God dosent mind what we call Him.

People are at the level of consciousness, different stages of their evolution, they are at, but all souls are equal.

There are three kinds of buisness
Our buisness
Other peoples buisness
Gods buisness.

As long as I look after my buisness my world is good.

Let God do His job and look after the rest.

Ultimately everything is perfection.
Only the ego gets worried.
Perception is flawed because of conditioning.

My thought is that we are all characters in the play, we are on stage for an alloted time then we go home

The problem is only there when we identify so strongly with the body and the story that we believe we are the part we play and that the future death of us is a reality.

Our function in this life is not who or what we are.

Function changes but we are eternal.

The presence that looks through your eyes is the same unchanged pure awareness that you entered this world with and will leave this world with.

The body changes gets old falls over and dies so to speak but what of you?

How can fear exist when there is a belief in One ness?

How can "another" be attacked when it is known that we are all aspects of the One?

Bit by bit all will come to know we are as One and then we will live in harmony.

May Peace and Love be known by all sentinent beings through out the Cosmos

Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

It is incredible how large numbers of people have killed each other over symantics for so long. Get ovet it already!
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #6
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Bump to this post.

One God/Creator indeed.

He is within and without indeed.

Lets Unite all together.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
ChooseYourLifeNow
Avalon Senior Member

We are all god's in practice. Let us see the greatness in ourselves, and all our hopes and dreams will be created.

God is only as judgmental as we are to ourselves. We are loved us so unconditionally that we received us all that we ask for, so be careful what you wish for.

If you wish to know god more, then you must wish to know yourself more.

Love you All,

CYLNow
ChooseYourLifeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #8
Kelle Baley
Avalon Senior Member

Location: The upper left chamber of the heart of Earth-Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Bump to this post.

One God/Creator indeed.

He is within and without indeed.

Lets Unite all together.

Namaste, Steven
Yes, within me, my heart does open to your claims and all like them. We are but passing through and united or separated by the Way in which we hold as truth that then follows with actions. I stand united in spirit with each of you listening now, and also with those that wish they remembered how just now.

"peace is the only thing that you must master -when you do, you will discover something that changes everything "

The Essenes
Kelle Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:08 PM   #9
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

We are all Gods in amnesia
Reunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #10
astropsyche
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Totaly agree.

We are all, each and every one of us, waves of the Divine Ocean.
The Ocean can say it is the wave but the wave cant say it is the Ocean.

Why worry. God dosent mind what we call Him.

People are at the level of consciousness, different stages of their evolution, they are at, but all souls are equal.

There are three kinds of buisness
Our buisness
Other peoples buisness
Gods buisness.

As long as I look after my buisness my world is good.

Let God do His job and look after the rest.

Ultimately everything is perfection.
Only the ego gets worried.
Perception is flawed because of conditioning.

My thought is that we are all characters in the play, we are on stage for an alloted time then we go home

The problem is only there when we identify so strongly with the body and the story that we believe we are the part we play and that the future death of us is a reality.

Our function in this life is not who or what we are.

Function changes but we are eternal.

The presence that looks through your eyes is the same unchanged pure awareness that you entered this world with and will leave this world with.

The body changes gets old falls over and dies so to speak but what of you?

How can fear exist when there is a belief in One ness?

How can "another" be attacked when it is known that we are all aspects of the One?

Bit by bit all will come to know we are as One and then we will live in harmony.

May Peace and Love be known by all sentinent beings through out the Cosmos

Chris
[quote] Can I please put in a word for the Goddess? For every father, son and holy ghost there is an equal and opposite mother, daughter and holy spirit. If this human world had not expelled the Goddess from the human experience we would not have to deal with the consequences of male-based world religions and their consequent wars! Rationa, critical left-brained focus without the mitigating balance of sentience, intuition and right-brained human knowledge has led us to where we are - in deadly danger from utter chaos and war. So please spare a thought for the Goddess - Innanna is a good place to begin. peace and passion for all
astropsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #11
Circlewerk
Avalon Senior Member

My 12 year old said this to me about a month or so ago..

" Even though I went to Catholic church with mama, and I heard everything the priest said, I am not so sure there is a separate God, there's too many religions to think only one is right. I am beginning to think that we are all Gods, trying to remember that we are all God's."

I smiled, and my heart soared.

Circles,
CW
Circlewerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #12
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlewerk View Post

" Even though I went to Catholic church with mama, and I heard everything the priest said, I am not so sure there is a separate God, there's too many religions to think only one is right. I am beginning to think that we are all Gods, trying to remember that we are all God's."

Circles,
CW
Another example of why we should be listening to our children
Reunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #13
being
Avalon Senior Member

It is important to contemplate the polytheistic monotheism of the universe. Many expressions of the divine unconcievable thing called God.

God is not any human or divine individual in particular: God is Gods. It is the Army of the Voice, the Great Word, the Creator Logos, the Perfect Multiple Unity.

It is written, Elohim created. This is the word used in the bible however it is hebrew and is wrongly translated. unfortunately it has been interpretted wrongly as God. The real understanding of the word Elohim in its strict sense is Gods and Goddesses.

Uni and verse. In otherwords the verse of one.
being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #14
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=astropsyche;36250]
Quote:
Can I please put in a word for the Goddess? For every father, son and holy ghost there is an equal and opposite mother, daughter and holy spirit. If this human world had not expelled the Goddess from the human experience we would not have to deal with the consequences of male-based world religions and their consequent wars! Rationa, critical left-brained focus without the mitigating balance of sentience, intuition and right-brained human knowledge has led us to where we are - in deadly danger from utter chaos and war. So please spare a thought for the Goddess - Innanna is a good place to begin. peace and passion for all
Of course you can Astrpsyche

Im sure God dosent mind. I certainly dont.

With Love Chris
Old 10-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #15
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlewerk View Post

Circles,
CW
This is connection with the source. Your child is remembering, this is a marvel. I bless you and your child with all my being. Thank you.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #16
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

I keep wondering why people keep confusing spirituality with religion.

This forum is about spirituality and the first post is: There is only one god...
In christianity yes, in hinduisme no, in paganisme, much older than this very young religion christianity there are many many gods and who would dare to say our ancestors were non-spiritual beings?

Spirituality existed long before mankind and long before religion.

Claiming spirituality exclusively as part of a religion is like the game of Monopoly:
If you win you are the last one at the table, rich but lonely.

Nonetheless: There can be spirituality in religion too although, considering the often showed intolerance by religious people...

I wonder, yes I wonder...
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:41 AM   #17
Kelle Baley
Avalon Senior Member

Location: The upper left chamber of the heart of Earth-Colorado

To the following you stated I agree:

Claiming spirituality exclusively as part of a religion is like the game of Monopoly:
If you win you are the last one at the table, rich but lonely.

Nonetheless: There can be spirituality in religion too although, considering the often showed intolerance by religious people...

I wonder, yes I wonder...
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Yet to your statement below, I wish to shine a light to embellish upon the differences having a place in our 'growing out of a sleepy spiritual adolescence' ...

[QUOTE=Peer;36328][SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen]I keep wondering why people keep confusing spirituality with religion.

To this I reply that we should be fair in considering that many here are just coming out of the sleepy dark to awaken to the reality of what has been happening and How that it took root (which is an important process for our DNA to remember!

That religion exists outside the body and rarely inside it remains what precisely is the culprit for building a false self. The inner Being within is only successful in unifying us with deeper delivery to the spirit of one as one over many many experiences. We are going as fast as we can. Take it from me that those of us at lightening speed are the pioneering forefront that plowed the way to know this humility of which I speak.

The inner relegate or religion is every alive 'now' experience from which our minds link with Divine light. Take it outside and tell everyone from birth that religion is full of ideals to attain and live up to and you reduce that inner knowing that the body teaches to a Null state of awareness which proves that from an empty experience we then allow subjective searching and then a luminal experience of now that Quantifies other to receive our state as awake, aware and ready to inform. Religions that are teachings outside us are the Null portion of this equation. This leaves us in a place to now see what IS missing in action.
We have most of us gone numb by indoctrination to dogmatic thinking and worse; without our humility and compassion from over creating with the mind around all this oppressive and institutionalized ritual called religion.
the key to all questions is simple.......peace. From here Wisdom finds us, not other.

i give you and all of us my own peace. It is ours.

Religion has helped most learn to be accountable for indivduated feeling.
We all find our way back eventually unless we fritter away the opportunities to have things like outer religion to contrast the ether-real issues at the core of personal deception. The process of our awakening together is key to personal distinctions for claiming spiritual sovereignty. Give please to those that are remembering what has happened by your warmth and support the compassion they deserve. peace. Religion precludes our invitation to keep religion inside until we experience it by choice, then there is little to say, only to then experientially share without word. preparation for ascension is not a last minute schooling as some hoped it would be and will discover this perhaps soon.

Defining is not Divining anything: or: Searching is not Knowing but so far we have perhaps learned that selling spiritualism is blindly leading the blind. preparation begins somewhere.
Let us Remember that 'defining' what is now outside us like today's many religions -cannot lead to a Divining of what is -yet within each is a living truth-and so it must be learned first to then be lived free. If we then humble to see from those that taught us the dark lessons, we can then be grateful for the circling back of unending power transferring nothing more than what was needed for both victim and victimizer. Miraculously, our perception widens to unconditionally love and this dissolves the ego; the ultimate goal of those wanting to return to source. For me, this is purpose for spiritually being.

We free ourselves to higher joy; yet doing nothing is a downward act of falling without a rope or hope. WE RISE

Last edited by Kelle Baley; 10-03-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Kelle Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:45 AM   #18
Shechaiyah
Banned

Ps 83:18, there is but one God who takes responsibility for this planet and this solar system and this Galaxy, His Sovereignty.

Amen.
Shechaiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #19
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Thumbs down Re: There is only one God

Religion is a terrible thing, look at all the wars it has caused through out time.
And the bible... What a joke that is, it's been changed and adapted so many times to fit certain times it's a complete joke, you would have to be daft in the head to follow that nonsense.

As Peer said this is a spiritual forum not a religious one.
There is no god get over it
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #20
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

"There is only one God"

That is a nice label one can put on :
A closed box,
A jail Cell,
A slave existence,
Or a Kindergarten for mankind.

In an infinity of possibilities,
[B}"God" is but one <as history shows temporary> answer.[/B}

A Disclaimer that should mandatory included by the people that have made a living of controlling your mind and thus your life for blind obedience to them.
Even if one now claims, that if the meme "God" wasn't spoon fed/indoctrinated to one as an idea, one would have invented it by oneself because of its obviousness.

Blasphemy? That is not a/the problem, the problem is that at one time, them "people" would have enraged you to burn me at a stake if I dared to "utter" such words..... And if they had the chance now, they would do exactly the same... (Talk about "Free Choice" or "Love".)
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #21
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Nice one Trance
Blasphemy is just a word created by religions to strike fear into those it wants to control.
I do not follow religion so therefore blasphemy is not real.
Relegion is for people who are not strong enough to stand up for themselves.

"Stones sir??"
The life of Brian says it all
Old 10-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #22
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Swanny,
the way you react shows you still didn't get over it but I believe you will one day and you will even have peace with the idea of the existence of a "god".

I agree with you that religion devides more than it unites but the bible is a good book.
It should only be placed in the right environment and that is there and then.
Then certain statements still make sence.
Jezus made it very clear: The ten commandments were nessecary as a social law but you don't need them anymore if you take the eleventh commandment he gave himself: Love your neighbour.

No need for pages full of words.
All real things are simple otherwise only very highly educated people could go "to heaven".
But the first one you should learn to love is yourself because you cannot love anybody or anything if you don't love yourself.
That is where spirituality starts.

Last edited by Peer; 10-24-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #23
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi
if there is a problem its any definition of what God is.

In my humble opinion God is in every atom therfore in every living thing,
Therfore God is within us.

I dont see God as an old man with a beard sitting in the heavens waiting to judge us

Again in my humble opinion God loves all of us without exception..

That love is avaiable to us at all times.
The love is unconditional.
What we truly are is loved.
What we do is not necesarily condoned though.

Chris
Old 10-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #24
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I agree that the bible is a good book just like many others are, but I don't like the way people follow it to the letter when some of it is obviously wrong and bad.
I was in Oz some years ago and I found a leaflet, it was one of the 10 commandments.
Tho shall not covet thy neighbours wife.
I spoke to one of those mad street preachers about this, I said "So I could be one of the nicest, most generous, selfless and helpful people on the planet, but I go straight to hell just because I looked at someones wife and think Yum yum...." He said "Yes no question, you broke one of the commandments."
Too me that's complete crap and such a stupid thing to believe
What makes it even worst is that if your a catholic you can do what ever you like as long as you confess your sins at the end of the week

I guess most men out there would be going to hell along with me if there was such a place

Last edited by Swanny; 10-03-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #25
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

You should love your neighbours wife, not covet her.

And about hell: With these oilprices the heat will probably be bearable the next few centuries so...