Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
ewing
Avalon Senior Member

Default Strange construction in Brisbane

Hi everyone,

I've been living in Brisbane, Australia for couple of years and noticed this constraction basically right at the beginning of my stay. Just today I went there and took few pictures of it because I'm really curious and would like to know what it is.

Maybe it's nothing important, maybe it's just aerial or some sort of scientific experiment. The strange thing is that when you look at it it's rusty which means it has been there for few decades and there are some symbols as well. It's located about 2km from the downtown.

I went there today two times - first time just got few shots and showed it to my friend. He was very curious about those symbols there and asked me to photographed all of them. So I went there in the afternoon with my girlfriend. I wanted to do a little experiment - when I was there first time I had a little headache and second time I felt it as well. Later in the evening, just while ago I had really strong headache which I hadn't have for a couple of years. I took my girlfriend there mainly to find out if she'll have any symptoms but she said she felt fine while she was there (but I have to say that she isn't interested in those things at all. neither spirituality).

I didn't put all the symbols there because as I found out they are repeating - so there are just two of them. They are repeating diagonaly.

Anyway, here are the pictures:
http://img200.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1040230t.jpg

Here is a link to google maps

Btw my colleague said that he saw something similar in England.

So, does anyone have any idea?
ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
P4BL0
Banned

Talking Re: Strange construction in Brisbane

Last edited by Karen; 11-14-2009 at 11:12 PM.
P4BL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
Mr Magoo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Strange construction in Brisbane

Hi ewing

What you have there is the old Brisbane gasometer, the gas works were just behind it near the river but has all been demolished to make way for "progress". This structure is all that remains and I believe that it could be hereitage listed.

Was in use early last century till about the fifties. It had a steel tank which fitted inside the framework and it rose and fell according the gas volume within which in turn maintined pressure up the pipes to the outlets.

I can vaguely remember the tank being removed in the eighties, floated down the river and sold for scrap. Thats about all I have for now the rest is history. More information could be sourced from the Brisbane Hesterical Society or was that historical if you are interested.

As far as the site is concerned, I beleive that it is all contaminated land due to previous activites e.g. coal, oil, asbestos etc, and believe it or not but I think that there area will be converted for public use.

Cheers

Dave
Mr Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

A thought entered my mind and I will be the first to admit my mind isnt the brightest at times.............but I am going to put it out there anyhow.

Maybe the crafts in the skies are on their way for some of our resources and as they only come every 2600 years or so, maybe its something that they have use of. That would explain why it is rusty and being put constructed once again.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
Barcarolle
Retired Avalon Member

Looks like a masonic ritual place perhaps set up to summon interdimentional beings on specific dates to me, but what do i know right, great shots of the symbolism shown in the close up.

As usual most see things like this and ignore the significance or reasoning behind such constructions, good find and post ewing !

Namaste
Barcarolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
Hi ewing

What you have there is the old Brisbane gasometer, the gas works were just behind it near the river but has all been demolished to make way for "progress". This structure is all that remains and I believe that it could be hereitage listed.

Was in use early last century till about the fifties. It had a steel tank which fitted inside the framework and it rose and fell according the gas volume within which in turn maintined pressure up the pipes to the outlets.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks, I was curious what that was.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
ewing
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Mr Magoo. Highly appreciated your answer.
ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.visitcumbria.com/car/carlisle2.htm

This is the listed Carlisle gasometer, just behind my Aunts old house. It was part of the coking plant, and in the old days the fumes were acrid! The tanks are gone, but when it worked the concertina tanks rose higher as they filled with gas, with a slow clanking noise as they crept up the framework on wheels.

Some of the decorative framework is quite fantastic.

Avid
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #9
Truthseeker360
Avalon Senior Member

Hi i can concure with Mr Magoo,we have these in Birmingham uk also and in various stages as mentioned some no defunct(but ground now Tarnished similar when Petrol stations closed and land has to be toxicly cleaned )and some still in use with internal metal hosing for storing gas...

Symbols are a little weird must admitt,but might just be company logo and maybe other is Royal stamp like Oppointent by HRH similar to Postal Service here in uk..

Headaches are propbably fromtoxic substances releasing into env.

Truthseeker360
Truthseeker360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: Strange construction in Brisbane

Yeah I always wondered about that structure, I heard it was circus related..

I can see how someone might think it looks like some advanced scalar electro-magnetic apparatus.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #11
Mr Magoo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing View Post
Thanks Mr Magoo. Highly appreciated your answer.
Cheers mate, only too happy to assist.
Mr Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, brisbane, construction