Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
ADAM KADMON
Avalon Senior Member

Default *** Opinions on an Approach to Subscription Based Forum Model ***

Howdy All,

I've seen everyone's perspective on the paid subscription model for this forum, and hope offer an alternative perspective.

We people do normally donate for things that we believe in. Whether it's hungry children starving in Africa, Cancer research - or in a case like this, Information.

We people will also PAY for the things we need. Bill and Kerry have decided on asking their followers to pay for this forum. Thus, we inevitably ask ourselves if this is something we need. As PAY and need together. The things we pay for that we do not need are things we WANT. So must either need or want to participate here enough to pay for it.

The poll shows that 77% of people do not feel the need or want to participate on this particular forum enough to pay for it. The amount being trivial, $1 or $12 makes no difference.

However, each and every one of us do BELIEVE and support in what Bill and Kerry are doing ~ that's why we are here. We are here on common grounds and each support this movement in one degree or another. I for one do - and will - donate for causes which I believe in.

If Bill and Kerry were to simply ask for a nominal donation, of whatever you feel you could afford, rather than insist we pay ~ do you feel would be a more appropriate approach? One you would feel positive about making?

If and when the option or link is made available to donate to this thread, I will lead the way and be the first to make a contribution. Especially if our donation gave us access to a higher degree of information, or with it was included a DVD or CD not released to the public.

In fact, an incentive like this would assure a donation from me personally and I would feel very positive having chosen to give willingly rather than being pushed.

I hope this post is received in light and will facilitate positive response in a timely manner,

Adam K.

ADAM KADMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: *** Opinions on an Approach to Subscription Based Forum Model ***

My suggestion, is for Project Camelot to use it's moderators and do a fund raising drive like Public Broadcasting stations do it.

That way it is voluntary... and with enough convincing... I think contributions will come in.

Bill and Kerry, please consider this...
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:12 AM   #3
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Thanks for offering solutions, Adam.

As you may know, the bottom of every page on the Camelot site has a donate button.

And there are elaborate plans for a great deal of added value coming in the future.

As has always been intended, the information will always remain freely available to anyone who can use it. But.....That doesn't mean it can't be repackaged for subscribed members. Those opting for the free, read only situation will certainly be able to search and scour the forum for all the links, and articles, and discussions, and opinions, and insights etc that make Avalon what it is.

But members will have the benefit of the work of the research team in as much as we are working on doing all that searching, copying, compiling, organizing, sifting, condensing, expounding, etc, and will be putting this into a database in the member forum.

Just think of the wisdom and knowledge which has been deposited here already. over 70 thousand posts. Many thousands of them with links to articles, websites, videos, blogs, etc.

But not just that. We're planning workshops on all the major areas of ground crew knowledge and skill that will be needed. And teleconferences. including potentially with whistleblowers.

We're considering making hard copies of the library available at a nominal cost.

Avalon is a fantastic opportunity for us to make a difference in this world and in our own lives.

But the size of the task is daunting, and time is not on our side. We need lots of help. How would the idea that coming on board to help out with the research project would mean waiving of the subscription cost fly? It's been discussed, and last I heard, the idea had support.

If someone has no money, or just can't subscribe on some principle or another, what about helping with the library project the researchers are working on? Would that be a fair deal? It's a big job, but it's rewarding, as you get to really burrow in and have a look at what's there, and in what condition of usability.

It's time for the ground crew to mobilize and pull off a miracle on our lovely little planet.

It's solution time.

Bill and Kerry have little real choice in this funding issue anymore. They've both used up their personal funds, which have financed their work up until now, with some much appreciated donations too, and if they are to continue their valuable work, they will need for funding to be provided for.

Do we want them to be able to continue what they do? Compare what you know right now, with what you'd know if they'd never bothered spending their time and money making project Camelot happen, and searching out all those people with knowledge to share, and capturing it for all to study.

I for one would be poor indeed, in knowledge, because each interview on Camelot opened a whole new universe to explore and learn about.

I salute them, and continue to offer my support in any way I can, which for right now, is working behind the scenes with a few other dedicated individuals to gather a package the knowledge we have accumulated thus far.

Lots more help is needed.

This may kill two birds with one stone.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:49 AM   #4
sleepingnomore

I never noticed a donate link. Maybe it should be a header on the forum.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:05 AM   #5
DoctorWho
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
My suggestion, is for Project Camelot to use it's moderators and do a fund raising drive like Public Broadcasting stations do it.

That way it is voluntary... and with enough convincing... I think contributions will come in.

Bill and Kerry, please consider this...
Another board I'm on has something similar. Every month that post a goal, (say like $700), and every other day they update it to show how they are doing. Typically there are rallies to get it up if it's low within 10 days of the end of the month.
Bill "the Doctor"
DoctorWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:13 AM   #6
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingnomore View Post
http://www.projectcamelot.org/

At the bottom of each page.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:14 AM   #7
Tamarie
Avalon Senior Member

Adam K, thanks for starting this thread, and I'm sorry if I offend some in writing this, but I need to say it:

-

There's nothing wrong with the subscription amount that Bill and Kerry are asking for! Why are some members trying to find other alternatives? I don't think anything needs to be changed. C'mon everyone - $1 per month, is ONLY 25c a week.

25c A WEEK

It's hardly worth fussing about. Let's be realistic here!

BTW, I understand that money can be tight for some, I really do, because I have been in that situation myself - with a dying child and minimal to no income - but who CAN'T afford 25c a week? If you can afford to read this on the internet, then you can afford 25c a week.

Who cares whether it's for Camelot or Avalon - it's for Bill and Kerry, and whether they use our 25c a week for food, or travel, or to pay bills - it really doesn't matter, because we OWE it to them.

Gosh, I can't believe how big of a deal some members are making this.
Tamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 AM   #8
DaveR
Avalon Senior Member

I posted this on the 'other' thread about this, but here it is again...

Dear friends:

I read this whole thread and have a couple ideas for fund raising.

1. Pay by the post. If you have something good to say, pop 50 cents to put it up. This will cut down on the trolls and one word comments, which are cute (not the trolls) but really not all that useful. Thereby the quality of commentary goes up and the detritus goes down. If you are seeking information, can't you pay 50 cents? People spend more on a phone call and then to only one source. So you pay to post your question, gather a bunch of private replies (direct e-mails, for instance) and post a cumulative response. Whew, a whole dollar and you've given HUGE, HUGE to the community here. Then go back to lurking.

2. Visit Red Ice Creations. They have a subscription model that I think works well. This would be for PC. The first half of the interview is free and the second is by subscription. The financially strapped people (me) get a bunch of good information free and those who can pay get more. Yeah, I know, "He who has, gets...". It's not exactly fair, but what is?

I agree with those who say the value of this forum is the members, but not every post has value for many. I saw one post in this thread that contained a single period. No value there!

Bandwidth is not free. Travel is not free. Neither are cameras, tape, editing systems, hotels, rental cars, meals, and all the rest. We will need to contribute financially somehow, or the thing cannot continue.

2 ideas @ 2 cents each - 4 cents please!

Dave
DaveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #9
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Tamarie,

It isn't so much the amount, it's the entire hassle and concept of paid subscription and all the baggage that it brings. And the principle of having to pay to post to give information and communicate is really unappealing.

I think this is what has really happened they want to get rid of everyone bill said himself there is too many people around not enough room for everyone only certain people who are willing to pay.

This is a calculated move done by them for a specific reason but I'm not sure it has to do with running out of money as there is other ways to raise funds to keep it going.

Last edited by Dean Plejaren; 11-20-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #10
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Plejaren View Post
Tamarie,

It isn't so much the amount, it's the entire hassle and concept of paid subscription and all the baggage that it brings. And the principle of having to pay to post to give information and communicate is really unappealing.
Thats the hard choice about all this. We got past that though, it has been made. Now subscription is coming, dont know when yet, but depending on implementation timescales, everyone of the members here will need to decide for themselves if they feel it is within them to find the money (and there are some creative ideas discussed about to help people with financial hardship get a subscription) - reading is still free remember. The decision can be delayed - so people not confident to make the upfront commitment - need not until they are ready.

Quote:
I think this is what has really happened they want to get rid of everyone bill said himself there is too many people around not enough room for everyone only certain people who are willing to pay.
Why would you kill your customers - assuming thats what you think they are.

This forum has room for over double the membership so why would anyone be thinking about reducing the people? It doesn't make any sense at all.

Quote:
I'm not sure it has to do with running out of money as there is other ways to raise funds to keep it going.
I am telling you, that according to what I know, and what I know in MY heart, they are telling the truth about running out of money.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 11-20-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #11
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Anchor I don't mean reducing in that way. I mean reducing the amount of people that communicate on the forum.

That's the effect it has at the expense of whatever they will get out of it anyway.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #12
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Anchor I don't mean reducing in that way. I mean reducing the amount of people that communicate on the forum.

That's the effect it has at the expense of whatever they will get out of it anyway.
So you are saying that this is an elaborate ruse to prevent people speaking here?

If that were true, why go to all the bother of starting the forum in the first place?

The central theme of Project Avalon certainly found a lot of people who liked the idea. Over 5000 passed through and 2500 were active in the last month.

This next bit isn't presented to support my argument, but it is interesting:

Right now (as I write) I can see that in the last 10 hours there have been 567 different visitors, that is nearly 1 per minute. 167 are logged in right now and 361 are lurking. It still goes as high as 2000 some days.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

No I wont jump to any conclusions just pointing out the effects of that decision. With so many supporters they shouldn't running out of money. I'd rather pay for the Camelot information than a subscription. So I think their values are backwards.

Active posters who do pay, may want their moneys worth so they may post even worse than before. Or they could decide it's not worth it and to just lurk again.

Disinformation agents also have to pay to cause trouble. Which creates a budget for them. Which is nothing cause rockerfeller and Rothschild's will cover it.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #14
googleboy
Avalon Senior Member

money money moneeeeyyyyy,...root of all eeeeevil
(massive attack tuned)

it was a nice run guys !

.... this money thing is not.

thanks and goodbye

be well
GB
googleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #15
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

"You gotta do, what you gotta do."

But...

This whole money thing chaps my hide.
The people made this forum what it is and now they want to charge them to post here?

They can see most people don't like that idea.
Now they are attempting to sell the idea through mod's posts.
People came here because it was a "free" environment for them to express themselves and there ideas "freely" with like-minded people. Only to now be served a "pay to play".

Frankly, I'm insulted as I post here from time to time as others do.
So they won't be selling me the "We need money" pitch.
It's not my/our fault that they decided to spend & deplete there life savings doing Project Camelot Interviews.

Further more, Maybe the forum should pay us, the people that made this forum popular, a wage for each post we contribute? Or better yet, lets make the owners subscribe to us creating good content on a regular basis.

Truth be told, I would never have watched anything on Project Camelot if it was subscription only.
It being free and open brought me here. Same goes for the forum.

I just had to let that out.

Peace,
Ampgod

Last edited by Ampgod; 11-20-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #16
honeybee
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I never noticed the donations button either. A link at the top of this forum is an excellent idea.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #17
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

since the governemtn is chme trailing me and putting flouride in water and mercury in stuff and bad chemicals in food ect.. im going to sign on benefits and use their mo9ney agains ttem. i shall be signing on and sending a years subscription coutesy of her majestys govt.. in effect by signing on for benefits i will be illuminati funded so expect my subscription as soon as i slice a chunk of flesh from the beast ..

i will use their occult power tool of magic(money) and switch its energy to love and kindness/thruth and justice to serve the greater good.. i will milk the beast untill it brushes me off once again. i will be a tic on the back of the luceferian banking system!!

Last edited by pineal-pilot-in merkabah; 11-20-2008 at 12:22 PM.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #18
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Well, I would suggest a subscription forum. For those that wish to pay to subscribe. Offering things the other do not have access too. Since this site really does not promote anything but idea's that will be tough to float. I do not think I have ever seen a vbullitin message charge a fee to use it. Yet by creating a fee system to use the message board, I believe you'll lose allot of members. Not to mention allot of people are lazy, some people do not like using debit or cc cards online either. Either way you gotta do whatcha gotta do. The world is getting harder out there. This is just a sign of those times. Hey at least they are not saying their site is going to go down next week. I am sure if they cannot raise the money for this site that will be next. So if sacrificing the freedom of information from every strange walk of life that comes around, for a more systematic and more predictable approach with the information prob. always staying at one tone, for the principal of survival, then wow. Hard times indeed.
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #19
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

can i pay one year all at once ?? will there be an option to do this ?? i have a friend who has a bank account i could use to donate to paypal or whatever.. ill be able to pay in about 2 weeks.. also would we have little colored discs under our name to say what level we have paid or will you just a have a tab keeping system to see whos paid what?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #20
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

under internet 2 which is being brought in rapidly as we speak(australian internet will be useless in a few months), sites like these may come under heavy pressure anyway.. lets have fun while we can
Old 11-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #21
sleepingnomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myplanet2 View Post
http://www.projectcamelot.org/

At the bottom of each page.
Thank you for the link. That explains why I never noticed it as I have the forum only bookmarked. I've viewed most of the interviews on youtube.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #22
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Well if Camelot stays free, I guess I can use the left side of my brain, to have fun posting all the what if's, and talk about the Aliens and whatnot. Guess I could relax and have fun doing that.. I am sure their will be a influx on that board. then again would be pretty easy to sound insane over there.. Speaking of which where did the ambassador of Zircon Six go? I was outside waiting for the hummingbirds to come by and say hello.. He lied.. They never came.. Duh, never mind that forum will be member based too.. Well I will just sit back and see how the dust settles here on this change.. Who knows maybe I can raid the ole piggy bank. Will miss people like that guy from zircon 6 thou..

Last edited by Xhaosis; 11-20-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #23
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Thank you for the link. That explains why I never noticed it as I have the forum only bookmarked. I've viewed most of the interviews on youtube.
It never occurred to me that people might not even know about the Camelot website. It's a treasure trove. Go explore. Check the articles in the special reports section on the interviews and reports page. All the interviews can be downloaded from the interviews and reports page.

For free. I have them all, and all the MP3's too. They're in my iPod and I listen all day long. It's a treasure, and all FREE.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #24
kem
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: *** Opinions on an Approach to Subscription Based Forum Model ***

Hello folks

I think Bill and Kerry should set up a way to sponsor other members who cannot afford to pay a suscription. I guess I'm not the only one who's able to pay and I would be glad to sponsor someone for at least one year.

Are they other members willing to do the same as me?

Is it possible to add this option into the new system of subscription?

Just trying to find a way to satisfy everybody...

Have a nice day, bye
kem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #25
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

See I think that is a serious error. Giving it all out for free on PC. First if it's so much work and costly charging for it is giving it integrity in it's proper place that they are putting energy into it I bet people would be willing to a subscription format of some type for that. If they think it's important got to balance it. Humanity still has access to you don't want to go broke........that's unbalanced and doesn't do a favor.

Avalon on the other hand.....you don't want to charge to communicate here.