Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Default Drugs for a survival situation?

Hi all

I was thinking if the worst came to the worst and we had to live in the wild or find food for ourself. All we would have is the things we have prepared our selves with. I.E rucksac, fire lighting kit, pushbike, ect.

My question is this: What drugs medicine could we take with us that we help in surviving for a length of time if food was in short supply that would not take up your whole rucksac?

All I can think of in this point of time is Kendal mint cake.

Stef
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
angelite
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Drugs for a survival situation?

Learn the medicinal herbs in your area and how to make medicines with them.
I have been teaching this at a college here for about 16 years.
Where I live we have about 60 medicinal herbs and they can be use for most anything that you will need.
www.angelite.org Healing the world one person at a time.
angelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:04 AM   #3
Baggywrinkle

First Aid Kit

This is obviously only a suggested list from research, personal experience and consultation with our family doctor (a sailor) before our one-year cruise. Your needs may differ. Use the list as a starting point to discuss a cruising medical kit with your family doctor.
Records

* First aid books
* Phone numbers for hospitals and doctors
* Eyeglass prescriptions
* A complete record from your pet's vet, a recent rabies vaccination

Tools

* Scissors
* thermometer
* needle pliers
* flashlight, penlight
* Scissors
* Eye dropper
* Tweezers
* Ear syringe
* Latex gloves
* Q-tips
* Towel
* Splints
* Thermal blanket

Bandages

* Bandaids (plastic, fabic)
* Liquid bandaid (waterproof)
* Roll bandages (Kling)
* Gauze rolls 110 cm wide
* Adhesive tape (Elastoplast)
* Sterile gauze pads 2, non-adhesive
* Skin closures 3
* Cotton balls
* Q-tips
* Tensor elastic bandages small,large
* Tourniquet rubber tube
* Neck brace
* Arm sling

First Aid Products

* Antibiotic wound cream (Lanabiotic, Polysporin)
* Topical anesthetic (Solarcaine) for sunburn, insect bites
* Antiseptic - Mercurochrome, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, Hibiclense, Betadine
* Vaseline
* Antibiotic eye ointment (eye infection)
* Saline eye wash (eye irritation)
* Activated charcoal tablets (poisoning)
* Styptic pencil (stop bleeding)
* Linament (muscle pain)
* Fleet Enema (severe constipation)
* Antifungal cream (Canesten)
* Toothache pain medicine
* Antibiotic lozenges (sore throat)

Drugs

On a boat you may need to function in an emergency situation where a doctor not available. The right drug could allow you to function or save your life. Consult with your doctor about a drug kit for your cruise - this list was created some years ago with our own doctor, and should simply be used as a starting point.

* ASA, Acetominaphen - headache
* 222's - pain, severe headache (prescription required in U.S.)
* Tylenol No.3 30mg - pain, toothache
* Percocet - severe pain (broken bones)
* Sudafed 60mg - sinus congestion
* phenergan suppositories 25 - nausea
* phenergan 25mg - nausea
* Allegra 180mg - mild allergic reactions
* Atarax 25mg - allergic reactions (bee sting)
* Imodium mild diarrhea
* Lomotil 2.5mg - diarrhea
* Septra 160mg - dysentry UTI (antibiotic)
* Ipecac syrup 14ml - food poisoning
* Colace 100mg (docusate sodium) - stool softener
* Dulcolax 5mg - constipation
* Keflex 500mg - infection
* Pen VK 500mg - Abcessed tooth Strep
* Zithromax (zpak) URI
* Valium 5mg - muscle spasm, severe anxiety
* Dalmane 30mg - sleep aid
* Naprosyn 500mg - swelling/sprain, muscle pain
* Prednisone 10/20mg severe swelling/asthma
* enough medicine you require on a regular basis to last the cruise

Keep prescription drugs (or anything that looks like drugs) in original bottles with a copy of their prescriptions. Note: Some common OTC drugs like Tylenol 3 and are illegal without a prescription in other countries like the US.

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 09-21-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:08 AM   #4
Mizar
Avalon Senior Member

Nice Post Baggy;
Good thing Mrs Mizar is an RN, we will update the Boatkit, and the Homekit starting Tomorrow.
M
Mizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
2infinityandbeyond
Avalon Senior Member

I will be most definitly stocking up on cannabis seeds.

The cannabis plants have endless uses from medicinal to clothing to just pure fun! If the whole world is falling down around me i would feel lost without a spliff to celebrate my fast approaching demise.

p.s the government can kiss my ass if they think im not gona dot the country with cannabis if the **** hits the fan.
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:03 AM   #6
Banned

I once read about a bush pilot who only carried one thing in his emergency kit: s gun w/ one bullet. Apparently this guy had a mortal fear of freezing to death so he wouldm't even attempt to survive in a crash situation. Scary.

But I know that's not what you're talking about here at all...
371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:19 AM   #7
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post

The cannabis plants have endless uses from medicinal to clothing to just pure fun! If the whole world is falling down around me i would feel lost without a spliff to celebrate my fast approaching demise.

p.s the government can kiss my ass if they think im not gona dot the country with cannabis if the **** hits the fan.
Amen 2IandB, and nice post baggy, although I could cut the list down some, oh and you can get a good first aid kit almost anywhere that has alot of good stuff in it! PEACE!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #8
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Aspirin, Tiger Balm, Cipro (all-round antibiotic good for respiratory infections) and neosporan (sp?) (anti-bacteria cream) were the items one friend carried around with her on her trip throughout Asia and India. She said that these items were the basics and really did the trick for the many months she was away.

Come to think of it I think I would add cayanne pepper and cinnamon too.

Last edited by Carol; 09-21-2008 at 02:46 AM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:10 AM   #9
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2infinityandbeyond View Post

I was Canada's first 'licensed' cannabis grower and in case someone missed this video...it is important for everyone to see...and no, I don't grow anymore...too much of a hassle dealing with the Feds.

http://www.youtube.com/chrychek

But to be honest, when I've gone 22 hours North of Vancouver to the start of the Alaska Highway to look for pine mushrooms...the one thing I carry in my pocket to keep me alive is ***********. I know it sound funny, but hey, in a wooded area you can't light a fire in (because it will sink and burn the area around you down) staying up all night reminiscing with a friend in an opposite tree is a damn fine idea. I've still got my bit from 10 years ago...

Last edited by Argante; 09-22-2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: illegal drug
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:43 AM   #10
FrostyMcunicron
Avalon Senior Member

Location: a box in the inner city w. a slight chance of suburbia New Jersey

Let us not forget Adolph Hitler was addicted to methamphetamines and the fictional Sherlock homes was an IV cocaine addict, substance abuse has dictated a vast amount of historical events from the opium wars in the east to the early USA shipping & selling tobacco to numerous countries in which it was outlawed.

* I DO NOT ENCOURAGE THE USE OF ANY ILLICIT SUBSTANCES! Check your local laws by calling the county police station before purchasing any unknown substance off the street *

Diamorphine(heroin) as the most effective pain killer if your seriously unsure and very afraid as to whats after this life, planning on dieing soon, prepping for pole shift, other excruciating painful deaths and/or(but not limited to!)doomsday scenario's or great global catastrophe. I want to be clear im not telling everyone to go out and get hopelessly addicted but if you seriously feel you cant handle death without painkillers & plan on dieing soon and have no prior experience.

-The drug's rapid binding affinity to certain receptors in the brain make it one of the best candidates to numb the pains & mental anguish of patients experiencing the death cycle(according clinical studies). Fentanyl second followed by morphine all preferably IV when faced with extremely painful situations in countries where they are legal(pre-1900's house Dr.s commonly prescribed heroin for the common cold).

I DO NOT RECOMMEND or ADVOCATE: using or consuming any drug or substance to people in general & especially those who have past addiction/dependence to said substance due to the high likely hood of developing a dependence. It would be best to completely avoid painkillers if you have an addictive personality but take comfort in the fact that the human body can knock itself out when the pain hits a certain level of intensity.

anyone who may have developed opiate dependence is encouraged to read into suboxone & subutex.

Cannabis has an interesting history. Predicted to be the First ever super crop(crop to exceed 1 billion $ in annual revenue) in the USA before many business owners who's profit was threatened joined arms in a smear campaign re-dubbing the well known crop cannabis sativa into a super potent wacky drug, MARIJUANA; Coining the term hoping that its mexican origin would give the crop a new found derogatory image in the USA. It worked, the marijuana TAX STAMP act of 1936(i believe) was passed & prohibition still exists today..

Last but not least the one person closest to Hitler as far as having people killed is said to be Pope Innocent VIII (1432-1492) the third pope. Mostly over the use of herbs as medicine.. Pretty kool of him, huh?

The below could be considered a matter of personal opinion.
Problem is now the USA gov.(arguably a corrupt group) is the 1# Dealer of notoriously fatal impure unregulated drugs like Heroin & Cocaine and have been making an unfathomable amount of $ at the expense of the people. MONOPOLY? All the money made getting it in the country & then the money made taking it out, the court fee's and fines & prison system etc. is stacking up way higher then what any gov. would hope to make off of taxing plants.

fact:
-sober for a good few years

& will not be touching mind altering substances again, once you understand the basics of how they work its not worth the trade offs. Also, this reality is just such a trip sober theirs no point in distorting it anymore then it already has been. My 2 cents. To each their own!

No percocet! hold the side of acetaminophen mannggg, useless.

Last edited by FrostyMcunicron; 09-21-2008 at 05:21 AM.
FrostyMcunicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:57 AM   #11
bluestix
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
the one thing I carry in my pocket to keep me alive is ***********.

I hope you are not advocating this to anyone.

This is seriously terrible advice.

Last edited by Argante; 09-22-2008 at 12:28 PM. Reason: illegal drug
bluestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:23 AM   #12
FrostyMcunicron
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
the one thing I carry in my pocket to keep me alive is ***********
Quote:

~bluestix

::::crickets chirp::::

Last edited by Argante; 09-22-2008 at 12:28 PM. Reason: illegal drug
Old 09-21-2008, 05:35 AM   #13
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestix View Post

As a drug to have in pocket in the middle of the BC Interior region, 22 hours North of Vancouver (at 80km per hour without breaking the speed limit this covers 1/2 the Province) I wouldn't recommend anything else to be honest.
"seriously bad advice"

What exactly is your scenario for someone on the move in the middle of the bush, and I am not being facetious here....just querying. There is a reason the Luftwaffe flew on it for a few years. It is a highly functional drug in emergency situations.

I already grow my own opiates and know how to extract them. I do not use them for the most part. I have a disdain for pharmaceuticals, they suck. Not to mention they are noxious. Just because something is advertised as a 'high' or 'the thing' does not make it bad. Everything is neutral until it is put into use by cognizant beings. I for sure will continue to take a small ampule of ******* into the woods every time I go. Maybe you are an urbanite plagued by the addicts or something, but I am not and I refuse to commit to a forum like this and be PC about it.
That's the only thing I take besides a vial of Dragons Blood which heals anything in a few minutes flat. Geesh, I live with Timothy Ploughman's student (who was a student of Schultes) and he thought it a great thing to carry in the Amazon. But he didn't know about it.

I'm not advocating anything, but if someone needs advice and I can draw from my pool of resources which is mighty...I'll speak my mind thank you very much. Perhaps bluestix, whatever that means, you might try walking in someone else's path for a bit before you become a curmudgeon. What if I said 'ritalin'. I don't care what anyone takes anywhere but I have found that te ability to stay up all night in the deep woods is a fine thing.

I didn't advocate getting high or smoking *****. I mentioned a usefull item in my kit that everyone whom thinks properly, should have. I've dealt with 3 bears attacking my chicken coop this year...didn't do *******, but it sure felt like I did afterwords.

Dragons Blood (Not the resin)
http://www.sangrededrago.net/

Last edited by Argante; 09-22-2008 at 12:31 PM. Reason: illegal drug
Old 09-21-2008, 05:39 AM   #14
OceanWinds

what about MDMA?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:43 AM   #15
FrostyMcunicron
Avalon Senior Member

I for one think it wasnt out of line lance, i didnt mean to offend with the cricket sound op & by dragons blood i really hope you dont mean the incense! After all amphetamines are prescribed to thousands of children each day, a methyl ring makes a bit of a difference but their still the same basic class. BC must be sick this time of year, thanks for the info share.

What about MDMA exactly? I have had some brush ups in my youth but wouldn't recommend it, seratonin's too precious & regenerates too slow IMO*in my opinion*. Also, if anyone plans to make that a woods thing in a legal location test to ensure its real MDMA as opposed to
extacey tablets cause 50% of those contain meth..

The prior woods statements remind me f the native's drug rituals involving mescaline containing cacti, ayuashca and psychedelic mushrooms.

Last edited by FrostyMcunicron; 09-21-2008 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:40 AM   #16
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyMcunicron View Post
I for one think it wasnt out of line lance, i didnt mean to offend with the cricket sound op & by dragons blood i really hope you dont mean the incense! After all amphetamines are prescribed to thousands of children each day, a methyl ring makes a bit of a difference but their still the same basic class. BC must be sick this time of year, thanks for the info share.

What about MDMA exactly? I have had some brush ups in my youth but wouldn't recommend it, seratonin's too precious & regenerates too slow IMO*in my opinion*. Also, if anyone plans to make that a woods thing in a legal location test to ensure its real MDMA as opposed to
extacey tablets cause 50% of those contain meth..

The prior woods statements remind me f the native's drug rituals involving mescaline containing cacti, ayuashca and psychedelic mushrooms.
To be more than honest...I share several friends whom are really good friends with Alexander Shulgin whom popularized MDMA. He is a Bohemian Grove member and I am not sure about most of his concoctions. Here is my confusion about him on RMN http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin...gi?read=129897

I do not like MDMA. I suggested xtal because it is a survival drug when and if you really need it. It's not foggy or mushy, and look, I'm a Permaculture Nurseryman who's sole interest is to garden until I drop. I have done all the drugs in Shulgins library and more...but to me...the best thing (not to get too off topic) is to have xtal in your 'toolkit' in case of a emergecy.

I've carried people 2-3 km out of the bush before with sprained ankles. I didn't want ibuprofin, aspirin or even heroin. I, that's a capitol I wanted a speed to carry the bugger out!

And BC is crazy right now, harvest, olympics etc...nutz.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #17
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks baggywrinkle for your list.
I have brought my self books and field guides for plants and survival guides. They list soap wort, horse chestnut, chickweed, as good for hygiene and cleaning.

Stef
Old 09-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #18
utopiated
Avalon Senior Member

- Well look, all this moral waffle can go out the saucer window *if* some of the suggested apocalptic scenarios end up happening in the next few weeks/months/years... morals are not needed - but dealing with ignorance and education in a non-judgemental level is required. By newer priorities emerging as the older contradictions in the previous system begin to show we have an opportunity to develop new, tolerant modes of living.

- Having studied the drug economy [I used to work with chronic addicts and the UK NHS] and also what I call the 'above-government narco trafficking systems' - a term I liberated from Dr Bill Deagle, narcotics represents a highly efficient, collapse-proof, separate, liquid pseudo economy. So even during rough times for mainstream economic flows - I'd wager than the whole range of narcotics will become one of the better methods for

- barter mechanisms
- "wealth" [whatever that is] accumulation
- holding high value and inelastic demand
- Treating your mates during times when the outlook gets bleak and thus gaining popularity '

On a personal level - I'd suggest that any form of opioid substance will come under vast demand as time goes on during a period of societal break-down. If anyone watched Jericho - when they arrived at the last functioning hospital - it was the opiate based substances that were demanded the highest rates of payment in gold or barter.

I'd say many other medications [insulin] will do the same.

For personal choices, cannabis is a must given that half the western world smoke it... you'd have your stash and if it was possible you'd gain good returns by swapping some of it for other needed items.

So yes - for all of us who have sat listening to radio interviews where many people have discussed mass moving their assets into gold or silver - knowing that we have sweet FA to move into anything like that [!?] - there are other options if you think about it. And the vast range of medical, legal and currently illicit substances are one way of assuring you're ok - on many levels.

Don't forget this though. When many of you are worrying about basics like food, water and housing - there are 100,000s in the community whose brains/bodies are reliant on a daily [or more] dose of say insuilin heart medication and so on.

What happens when the pharmacy system stops. It takes a few days of failed deliveries.

What also happen to the 200,000 in treatment junkies who need the state to provide them [via drugstores] a set amount of opioid substitute like methadone?? Does anyone realise just what effect 200,000 sick addicts desperate for medication will have as the wonder round your town in the throws of cold-turkey??!

Maybe by then [it takes 48 for methadone levels to drop after last dose] most "normal" folk will also be starting to 'lose it' in their own way. Then it really is time to vacate the building - as KLF once said.

davID
=-=

<EDIT> I'd add the complete Bob Beck protocol here too. Just for that possible option that bio-warfare agents and other nasties thaf flatten the immune system get shoved at us... this involved 3 stages:

manufacture and use of colloidal silver - for pathogens
"" "" ozone gas - for drinking ozonated water
creaton/obtaining a blood electrification unit - easy to use, eradicated micro bugs, pathogens
etc

All are cheap and simple to nmake - PM or email me for a free copy of the large, illustrated PDF i have online.

-

Last edited by utopiated; 09-21-2008 at 02:44 PM.
utopiated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 AM   #19
FrostyMcunicron
Avalon Senior Member

^ & The people on opiate maintenance already perscribed subutex/suboxone/methadone etc. may experience intense withdrawals.. Not to mention all the people horribly dependent Benzo class drugs such as Xanax Klonapin Valium who will have to go through at least a month of hell and possible seizure if they were cut off without tapering thanks to big Pharmaceuticals.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #20
crazycharlie
Avalon Senior Member

does anyone know how to make denture adhesive cream from whatever?
( rough when your old ) but not all elders should be discarded heh ?
No really.. simple things like that are gonna be missed by some folks ...
and has anybody read up on what the Russians went thru and what they
did when they fell ???? post some info if possible Peace & Guidance
I read that vitamins were good to have by all ....
crazycharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #21
Baggywrinkle

did some quick research and did not find anything

You could try playing with karya gum
Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 AM   #22
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiated View Post
- Well look, all this moral waffle can go out the saucer window *if* some of the suggested apocalptic scenarios end up happening in the next few weeks/months/years... morals are not needed - but dealing with ignorance and education in a non-judgemental level is required. By newer priorities emerging as the older contradictions in the previous system begin to show we have an opportunity to develop new, tolerant modes of living.

- Having studied the drug economy [I used to work with chronic addicts and the UK NHS] and also what I call the 'above-government narco trafficking systems' - a term I liberated from Dr Bill Deagle, narcotics represents a highly efficient, collapse-proof, separate, liquid pseudo economy. So even during rough times for mainstream economic flows - I'd wager than the whole range of narcotics will become one of the better methods for

- barter mechanisms
- "wealth" [whatever that is] accumulation
- holding high value and inelastic demand
- Treating your mates during times when the outlook gets bleak and thus gaining popularity '

On a personal level - I'd suggest that any form of opioid substance will come under vast demand as time goes on during a period of societal break-down. If anyone watched Jericho - when they arrived at the last functioning hospital - it was the opiate based substances that were demanded the highest rates of payment in gold or barter.

I'd say many other medications [insulin] will do the same.

For personal choices, cannabis is a must given that half the western world smoke it... you'd have your stash and if it was possible you'd gain good returns by swapping some of it for other needed items.

So yes - for all of us who have sat listening to radio interviews where many people have discussed mass moving their assets into gold or silver - knowing that we have sweet FA to move into anything like that [!?] - there are other options if you think about it. And the vast range of medical, legal and currently illicit substances are one way of assuring you're ok - on many levels.

Don't forget this though. When many of you are worrying about basics like food, water and housing - there are 100,000s in the community whose brains/bodies are reliant on a daily [or more] dose of say insuilin heart medication and so on.

What happens when the pharmacy system stops. It takes a few days of failed deliveries.

What also happen to the 200,000 in treatment junkies who need the state to provide them [via drugstores] a set amount of opioid substitute like methadone?? Does anyone realise just what effect 200,000 sick addicts desperate for medication will have as the wonder round your town in the throws of cold-turkey??!

Maybe by then [it takes 48 for methadone levels to drop after last dose] most "normal" folk will also be starting to 'lose it' in their own way. Then it really is time to vacate the building - as KLF once said.

davID
=-=

<EDIT> I'd add the complete Bob Beck protocol here too. Just for that possible option that bio-warfare agents and other nasties thaf flatten the immune system get shoved at us... this involved 3 stages:

manufacture and use of colloidal silver - for pathogens
"" "" ozone gas - for drinking ozonated water
creaton/obtaining a blood electrification unit - easy to use, eradicated micro bugs, pathogens
etc

All are cheap and simple to nmake - PM or email me for a free copy of the large, illustrated PDF i have online.

-
Ah, my stash of ibogaine (I was a consultant at the http://www.ibogatherapyhouse.net/cms/) should really come in handy then...to get these folks off of opiates. But we make our own ****** (my remarks above were severely edited for some reason, seems I touched a live wire or something) opium with an extraction method championed by my housemate, it is done with vinegar and is very strong. It is not smokeable but is very potent.
I agree, I've been collecting strong plant medicines because of this eventuality, and oddly enough...don't ever seem to get much of a chance to use them myself!
I think relying on plant medicines is smarter than spending any money on pharmies. A good supply of Simpson oil, a good 1/2 gallon of opium goo, and Dragon's blood is pretty much my repertoire of stuff to have on hand, besides the verboten xtal.....
Old 09-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #23
Elsinore

Anybody know what works good for asthma?
Old 09-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #24
astraya
Avalon Senior Member

I can't remember who recommended it but Vitamin "D" is supposed to be very good for protecting against Germ/Viral Warfare because it is antibacterial and antifungal. So should be included in large quantities in any survival kit. I take 2,000 i.u.'s a day.
astraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #25
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsinore View Post
Anybody know what works good for asthma?
I too have asthma but now its only mild and I dont use inhalers any more.

I still have the odd attack normaly late at night and keeps me up so I cant sleep. What I find but what might sound stange, Is that I hold my breath for as long as I can, and then try to keep normal breathing after once I expell the air in my lungs. The short time of not breathing relaxes the tightness of my lungs. I keep doing this for as long as I can. Try and keep relaxed and control your breathing to a slow rate. It goes against what your brain says because it like you need more air. It works for me most times, hope it works for you too.

Stef